Photo

Dust Tornado vs Twister

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

Poll: WHICH CARD IS BETTER

Which of the two cards do YOU think is better sided?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

Grand Line

Grand Line

• 115 posts
    • Time Online: 8d 6h 23m
  • Facebook:Komirai
  • Twitter:ImKomirai
  • Youtube:Komirai
  • Team:Fate Hunters

These two cards all are very good cards to get us out of tight situations, weather it could be a game broker or not. In the Meta of October 2013, and Sixth Sense back and Royal Decree seeing a lot more play, these two cards have seen a lot more play for side games in Matches, but only on Dueling Network do I see these two cards played. In the tournaments, all I see in side is Dust Tornado.

Take for example Evilswarms, Royal Decree really hurts the deck as they rely on traps to keep the overpowered deck Dragon Rulers at bay, and use to protect Ophion on the field. While in side and decree is in play they only rely on ophion and possibly dress to stop any of the opponents plays, if the opponent builds up an advantage the Evilswarm might as well scoop due to expended protection rendered useless. But, yet why is it I keep seeing in these decks Dust Tornado being sided and not Twister? I just don't get it.

So, my questions:

What card do you prefer over for side Dust Tornado or Twister, and why? Explain your reasons.

Why is Twister never in side, but Tornado is? Is it because with Tornado you can pop any card on the field, or what?

Your opinions on this guys and girls would be lovely, I'm kinda interested to know.

And because I'm nice, and you don't the effect of the two cards mentioned here they are:

Dust Tornado

Trap Card

Normal

DustTornado-YS13-EN-C-1E.png

Target 1 Spell/Trap Card your opponent controls; destroy that target, then you can Set 1 Spell/Trap Card from your hand.

Twister

Spell Card

Quick-Play

Twister5DS2-EN-C-1E.png

Pay 500 Life Points. Destroy 1 face-up Spell or Trap card.

Edited by Grand Line, 16 October 2013 - 08:24 PM.

tumblr_mkcthn8cNq1rwgj3ko1_500.gif

16hj9rp.jpg

AytonHorn

AytonHorn

Dueling Network's Number Hunter

• Veteran Members
  • 984 posts
    • Time Online: 36d 15h 29m 55s

Dust Tornado.

Use at end phase, pop 1 backrow, free set. For all you know you could hit a "Sixth Sense" then set your own for yourself to use on your own turn.

My Trade List:
http://forum.dueling...ain-and-slifer/

Don't Leave Me Hanging!
Quote me back so I know you replied! :D

Ayton+Horn.jpg

Sage Rikudou Sennin

Sage Rikudou Sennin

• 4 posts
    • Time Online: 1h 7m 37s
  • Team:Immortal Technique

because Set vs face-up obviously
You'd rather have the option to pop a set then just a face-up card anytime

plus end phase set

Edited by Sage Rikudou Sennin, 16 October 2013 - 08:24 PM.

Grand Line

Grand Line

• 115 posts

because Set vs face-up obviously
You'd rather have the option to pop a set then just a face-up card anytime

plus end phase set

This was my first conclusion, but that's good an all but what if Royal Decree is already in play? Dust Tornado is pretty useless. That card could have been a Twister instead, and it could have been the card that saves you the game. For Evilswarms in particular all they have to worry about is XYZ Encore, Royal Decree, Skill Drain which are the main ones and Rivaraly of Warlords, which is less used. There is of course more, but this isn't some Side Deck Discussion. Anyway, if you haven't noticed most of these cards will be face up while in play, also it takes care of Dragon Ravine as well.

You need to look at it from a bigger picture than just it simply can pop any card, and Twister can not.

16hj9rp.jpg

Danny_Knight

Danny_Knight

The Scribe

• Veteran Members
  • 1,403 posts
    • Time Online: 53d 17h 54m 5s
  • Team:Free Agent
Twister is generally better as a counterside (for most decks). And DT is outclassed as a side, in some decks, by MST (well, MST's better overall. If you need extra trap disruption I'd suggest Trap Stun before DT, but that kinda depends on the deck too).
2usg9cj.jpg

e376066a487111e3836b22000aeb0d60_5.jpg

P5zguhu.jpg?1

^Creds to Bryan Lutra

Sage Rikudou Sennin

Sage Rikudou Sennin

• 4 posts
    • Time Online: 1h 7m 37s
  • Team:Immortal Technique

This was my first conclusion, but that's good an all but what if Royal Decree is already in play? Dust Tornado is pretty useless. That card could have been a Twister instead, and it could have been the card that saves you the game. For Evilswarms in particular all they have to worry about is XYZ Encore, Royal Decree, Skill Drain which are the main ones and Rivaraly of Warlords, which is less used. There is of course more, but this isn't some Side Deck Discussion. Anyway, if you haven't noticed most of these cards will be face up while in play, also it takes care of Dragon Ravine as well.

You need to look at it from a bigger picture than just it simply can pop any card, and Twister can not.

I wouldn't use Twister just because Decree is a card

Dust Tornado is ultimately and universally better. 

Grand Line

Grand Line

• 115 posts

Twister is generally better as a counterside (for most decks). And DT is outclassed as a side, in some decks, by MST (well, MST's better overall. If you need extra trap disruption I'd suggest Trap Stun before DT, but that kinda depends on the deck too).

Mystical Space Typhoon will forever be the best Trap Removal, and I always considered Twister to be better than Dust Tornado for decks most certainly like Evilswarm, and Dust Tornado for Decks that just don't care. 

Also, I thought Trap Stun was more for decks like Dragon Ruler who run Vanity Emptiness. They can still get off all their moves off while not having to worry about their Vanity getting destroyed at all, so then they could have the real upper hand. I might just make a post for that, as Trap Stun is more Royal Decree vs Trap Stun. 

16hj9rp.jpg

Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg

• 40 posts
    • Time Online: 1d 40m 20s
  • Team:[0]

I prefer Dust Tornado as extra MSTs, and Twisters only as sides if it will help against the opponent (Field Spell or continuous card heavy).

Posted Image

Swift as the wind

Quiet as the forest

Conquer like the fire

Steady as the mountain

TheBlackRoseGuy

TheBlackRoseGuy

• 190 posts
    • Time Online: 9d 6h 24m 52s
  • Facebook:TheBlackRoseGuy
  • Youtube:TheBlackRoseGuy2

I'm sorry, but this was really irritating me. 

These two cards all are very good cards to get us out of tight situations, whether it could be a game breaker or not. In the Meta of October 2013, and Sixth Sense back and Royal Decree seeing a lot more play, these two cards have seen a lot more play for side games in Matches, but only on Dueling Network do I see these two cards played. In the tournaments, all I see in side is Dust Tornado.

Take for example Evilswarms, Royal Decree really hurts the deck as they rely on traps to keep the overpowered deck Dragon Rulers at bay, and use to protect Ophion on the field. While in side and decree is in play they only rely on ophion and possibly dress to stop any of the opponents plays, if the opponent builds up an advantage the Evilswarm might as well scoop due to expended protection rendered useless. But, yet why is it I keep seeing in these decks Dust Tornado being sided and not Twister? I just don't get it.

So, my questions:

What card do you prefer over for side Dust Tornado or Twister, and why? Explain your reasons.

Why is Twister never in side, but Tornado is? Is it because with Tornado you can pop any card on the field, or what?

Your opinions on this guys and girls would be lovely, I'm kinda interested to know.

And because I'm nice, and you don't know the effect of the two cards mentioned here they are:

P5zguhu.jpg?1

Cred: Bryan_Lutra

My youtube channel : http://www.youtube.com/TheBlackRoseGuy2

AshBunLuv

AshBunLuv

~ Just Ash ~

• Veteran Members
  • 3,627 posts
    • Time Online: 193d 6h 54m 51s
  • Team:Team Ragnarok [TR]

Well:

1. Twister requires you to pay 500 LP, while Dust Tornado doesn't.

2. Dust Tornado pops everything (face up and face down), while Twister just face ups.

It's just better.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Nebuwah

Nebuwah

The Queen

• Veteran Members
  • 2,181 posts
    • Time Online: 171d 18h 35m 32s

Well:

1. Twister requires you to pay 500 LP, while Dust Tornado doesn't.

2. Dust Tornado pops everything (face up and face down), while Twister just face ups.

It's just better.

Twister can hit Royal Decree after its successful activation, and it's pretty much the only reason you'd side either of these with 3 MST available.

Stripes

Stripes

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • 699 posts
    • Time Online: 13d 11h 19m 11s
  • Team:Bearers of Chaos
Its probably because Dust Tornado is the better option. Its the Trap version of Mystical Space Typhoon that lets you set something. Twister requires 500 LP to play and only destroys face-up Spells and Traps

siggy.jpg
TanukiSigName.png

Leader of  Bearers of Chaos~

Again, excellent point, and I retort to this with a customary "so what page did you find your deck on?" ~Loco Lobos

Just call me the Yu-Gi-Oh! Hipster~

Bryan_Lutra

Bryan_Lutra

Never underestimate the power of the Scout's Code!

• 2,149 posts
    • Time Online: 180d 20h 30s
  • Team:{FAB}
Dust tornado can't be used on your turn, and is useless against an active royal decree, which is a very common side now. Can't dismiss that because you aren't maining either of these. I feel twister is a better card.

TeJc2zh.jpg?2

^ credit to Stripes

skullvarnish

skullvarnish

Maybe some day

• Retired Staff
  • 8,727 posts
    • Time Online: 165d 5h 2m 37s
  • Team:None

Dust Tornado is overall better. I side Twister instead because Decree kills my deck.

Are you serious? I am the best player in the game today. I started out with a Kuriboh as my boss monster, and have since climbed up the ladder of success. I am willing to break my back having to carry a team. Some say that there is no "I" in 'team," but what if I am the entire team? I'll carry this team across the river, to Victory Island. We'll pull out the champagne, with the ladies surrounding us. With a cigar in my mouth, I'll deliver the final speech. Our pilgrimage is complete. Our lives are over. The perpetual euphoria has been reached. The impossible has happened. You ask yourself if what has just transpired can possibly be real. I am no miracle worker, but I do have heart. And sometimes with a little bit of heart and some imagination, the world is yours for the taking. -Inflation

Holy shit skullvarnish, give me classes on how to burn the fuck out of people like that PLEASE

Dark Soul Cards

Dark Soul Cards

• 22 posts
    • Time Online: 8h 14m 31s
  • Facebook:www.facebook.com/darksoulcards
  • Youtube:www.youtue.com/darksoulcards

Dust tornado is obviously better why even play twister unless you truly need 4 mst also there are better cards than twister like night beam that don't require the lifepoint payment

LIKE ME ON FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/DarkSoulCards

BUY FROM ME ON EBAY: http://www.ebay.com/usr/darksoulcards (CHEAPEST ON EBAY 99% TEH TIME)

SUBCRIBE TO MY CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/darksoulcards

Darksoulcardssignature_zpsf126e17b.jpg

Karen<3'sPauli

Karen<3'sPauli

God of Thunder

• Veteran Members
  • 2,166 posts
    • Time Online: 57d 14h 52m 24s
  • Team:Deserted -disbanded-

Dust tornado is obviously better why even play twister unless you truly need 4 mst also there are better cards than twister like night beam that don't require the lifepoint payment

Night Beam is also limited to Face-down; in cases like Royal Decree, Twister > Dust Tornado, and Night Beam can't even be used against it.

OT: Dust Tornado is worthy of being mained in certain decks; Twister isnt worthy of being mained anywhere.

Edited by Karen<3'sPauli, 17 October 2013 - 03:41 PM.

Posted Image

DNF's Resident Goddess of Thunder

Da best Deck Garage

Overlord_Laharl

Overlord_Laharl

Veteran Member

• 338 posts
    • Time Online: 42d 14h 14m 9s

I'd say dust tornado is better, since it doesn't have a 500lp cost, doesn't have to destroy a face uo spell/trap, and gives you a free set, but yea twister is useful if decree is up.

1005351_10201575032360291_451074170_n.jp

CBIZ19l.png?1

Overlord_Laharl.jpg

AzazelDiaboli

AzazelDiaboli

Asian Metal Fan

• Veteran Members
  • 977 posts
    • Time Online: 48d 7h 50m 27s

Dust Tornado. Yes, it may be a Trap and is a bit slower, but the fact it can also Set a S/T is also quite strong factor. 

XikAmRT.gif

I like my weapons how I like my music... heavy and metal.
-Mordekaiser

99% retired player

Dark Soul Cards

Dark Soul Cards

• 22 posts
    • Time Online: 8h 14m 31s
  • Facebook:www.facebook.com/darksoulcards
  • Youtube:www.youtue.com/darksoulcards

Night Beam is also limited to Face-down; in cases like Royal Decree, Twister > Dust Tornado, and Night Beam can't even be used against it.

OT: Dust Tornado is worthy of being mained in certain decks; Twister isnt worthy of being mained anywhere.

Agreed. I didn't really think that through when i said Night Beam, however Twister is pretty much a limited MST with a cost its pretty much MST's ***** cousin 

LIKE ME ON FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/DarkSoulCards

BUY FROM ME ON EBAY: http://www.ebay.com/usr/darksoulcards (CHEAPEST ON EBAY 99% TEH TIME)

SUBCRIBE TO MY CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/darksoulcards

Darksoulcardssignature_zpsf126e17b.jpg

stubbonrduelist

stubbonrduelist

• 25 posts
    • Time Online: 11h 6m 39s

Dust tornado can't be used on your turn, and is useless against an active royal decree, which is a very common side now. Can't dismiss that because you aren't maining either of these. I feel twister is a better card.

what do u mean it can't be used on your turn.  maybe not on turn 1, but if it's turn 3 then it can be used if it wasn't set that same turn.

Edited by stubbonrduelist, 17 October 2013 - 06:49 PM.

Bryan_Lutra

Bryan_Lutra

Never underestimate the power of the Scout's Code!

• 2,149 posts
    • Time Online: 180d 20h 30s
  • Team:{FAB}

what do u mean it can't be used on your turn.  maybe not on turn 1, but if it's turn 3 then it can be used if it wasn't set that same turn.

Clearly what i meant. twister is a quickplay spell that can be used the same way as dust tornado, or be a MST for face-ups. Night Beam, Dust Tornado, and Twister all serve different purposes really, depends on what you are siding against

TeJc2zh.jpg?2

^ credit to Stripes

AshBunLuv

AshBunLuv

~ Just Ash ~

• Veteran Members
  • 3,627 posts
    • Time Online: 193d 6h 54m 51s
  • Team:Team Ragnarok [TR]

Twister can hit Royal Decree after its successful activation, and it's pretty much the only reason you'd side either of these with 3 MST available.

Yeah, but still. Dust Tornado still better.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Vincent210

Vincent210

Starry starry night

• Veteran Members
  • 1,969 posts
    • Time Online: 78d 23h 27m 15s

Dust Tornado is better, however, the reasons that its better only really end up mattering much very rarely. Both of these cards should honestly only be seeing play in side-decks because MST at 2 or 3 should be plenty for any main deck needs. And coming from the side, these are usually for countering sideboard choices of your opponent such as Imperial Iron Wall or Macro Cosmos or Royal Decree. They can also be sided in as addition hate for decks reliant on or made consistent with some kind of S/T (Examples of cards filling those roles are Necrovalley and Ravine).

At the end of the day, since Blind MST/Dust/Twister is a bad idea in the first place, the first of end phase popping, while making Dust Tornado clearly better, is largely irrelevant. You (should) be siding these in to handle singular, face-up targets in the first place, with our current format providing plenty of them, since the hope is you aren't shooting blind.

Ultimately, that means while Dust Tornado is clearly better outside of the edge case where Twister shines (Royal Decree already being in effect), which one you use is totally preference at the end of the day, since they both cover all of the situations you should be siding them for entirely, with both providing a tangible advantage to the other (Dust Tornado having more flexible targeting parameters and no cost, and Twister being a quick-play Spell instead of a trap) that I can see someone arguing as fair reasoning for either choice.

Dunno what to put here, yet, so I dug up this gem for you to click on. It's good. Read it.

UQ8HPdJ.gif

Nebuwah

Nebuwah

The Queen

• Veteran Members
  • 2,181 posts
    • Time Online: 171d 18h 35m 32s

Yeah, but still. Dust Tornado still better.

Overall, yes, but not for the competitive purpose they have.

Edited by Nebuwah, 18 October 2013 - 08:20 AM.

uchi1223

uchi1223

Mikan is love Mikan is life

• Veteran Members
  • 1,161 posts
    • Time Online: 57d 21h 49m 44s
  • Youtube:uchi only watches
  • PSN:uchi1223

Dust tornado of course.

It doesn't have to be face up

you don't have to pay life points

612.gif

FtoDJBi.png

XT6nx.gif

GErwOrA.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to the Dueling Network Forums!

To sign in, use your duelingnetwork.com account. If you do not have one, register here.