Gorgonic/Chronomaly

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

coket

coket

• 78 posts
    • Time Online: 13d 18h 31m 30s

AqQfVqk.png

So here is a deck I made. (probably not the best way to build a deck with this concept, but it works for me, you can use it as a template for your version)

Decklist:

Main deck:(40)

Monsters:(16)

3 chronomaly nebra disk

1 chronomaly golden jet

3 chronomaly crystal bones

3 gorgonic golem

3 gorgonic gargoyle

3 chronomaly crystal skull

Spells:(15)

3 magic planter

3 upstart goblin

3 chronomaly technology

3 pot of duality

2 mystical space typhoon

1 attack the moon!

Traps(9)

1 bottomless trap hole

1 compulsory evacuation device

2 release from stone

3 fiendish chain

2 call of the haunted

Extra deck:(15)

1 tiras, keeper of genesis

1 number 33: chronomaly machu mech

1 number 50:blackship of corn

1 number 36:chronomaly fork hyuk

1 maestroke the symphony djinn

1 daigusto emeral

1 gagaga cowboy

1 number 17:leviathan dragon

1 ghostrick alucard

1 leviair the sky dragon

3 gorgonic guardian

1 wind-up zenmaines

1 giant soldier of steel

I'm using it in singles for now, so no side deck yet, you can help with that too, if you feel like it.

Basically, the idea is to either summon gorgonic guardian every turn, or search for everything needed to do it on the next turn. With PoD, technology, nebra disk and skull, it can search for exactly what you need scarily often, and then there's planter for extra draw power (also upstart, and while it does speed up the deck, it IS just filler, so it could go for something better), and with 9 targets, planter is virtually always live

Release from stone is a beautiful card; golem banishes himself and technology banishes skull or bones for targets, and if you xyz with the summmoned monster, release stays on the field for planter (pro tip:banish golem for his eff, summon him with release, he hits the grave, banish him again)

Also, if you can get 2 nebra disks on the field, hyuk is a great option; + note his synergy with gorgon guardian even when the latter is out of materials (detach for hyuk, CotH guardian?)

...I had a 10-card extra deck which I filled up with regular visitors of my extra decks, that can probably be improved.

So, yeah, opinions? Like the idea?

Edited by coket, 25 November 2013 - 06:29 AM.

adham2000

adham2000

Optimus Maximus

• Veteran Members
  • 1,619 posts
    • Time Online: 99d 22h 32m 42s
  • Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/adham.samia.7
  • Team:HOMO

y is this list not from DN!?!?!?

[4:47:28 PM] Adam (Zeh): I recommended Adham for admin, but the heads thought he would outperform them so they didn't hire him

fc9fe4175d83374fac73dbf1e2cfd332.png4414add4de5559877564c87f2e57f9f0.png 

c8677e38b0946642d36736219cd968b2.png

Apparently you didn't get the message the 4 times your posts were removed. Your posts offer 0 contribution to the topic and are spam.

Konta Tsukino 2014

coket

coket

• 78 posts

y is this list not from DN!?!?!?

Because I made this deck on DevPro, and I was too lazy to create it in DN just to post it here.

Besides, what difference does it really make?

Edited by coket, 25 November 2013 - 05:55 AM.

fireky2

fireky2

Honorable Member

• Veteran Members
  • 813 posts
    • Time Online: 13d 16h 44m 22s
  • Team:Team mylittlemisplay

you need more staple traps, the deck isn't strong enough on its own, also release from stone and and that draw 2 aren't that good and neither are calls in this deck for that matter. Definatly put 3 golden jet, warning, bottomless, compulse and torrential.

oh and you shouldn't play upstarts in a grind deck

coket

coket

• 78 posts

you need more staple traps, the deck isn't strong enough on its own, also release from stone and and that draw 2 aren't that good and neither are calls in this deck for that matter. Definatly put 3 golden jet, warning, bottomless, compulse and torrential.

oh and you shouldn't play upstarts in a grind deck

First of all, thanks for the feed back.

Second of all, my deck, my rules. :P

Golden jet and staple traps considered, ended up

-1 CotH                             +1 golden jet

-1 release                         +1 bottomless

-1 gemknight pearl            +1 tiras

-1 giant soldier of steel     +1 machu mech

7 targets is still more than enough for planter (which is a preference card, I understand if you don't like it that much, but I do, so it stays in my deck), and golden jet added just to be able to summon nebra disk, search skull, and then have another option at that point; golden jet with nebra for rank 5, or bones for rank 3, or nebra for deck thinning.

Not adding more than 1 because he is in no way something I'm trying to base this deck on, simply a tech of sorts in my eyes.

If I ever make a pure chronomaly deck, golden jet will be at 3, have no fear.

*image and decklist updated

Edited by coket, 25 November 2013 - 06:30 AM.

BGMaxie

BGMaxie

Black Darkness Noble

• Veteran Members
  • 2,328 posts
    • Time Online: 217d 8h 10s
  • Team:[SoS] Shadows of Silence

First of all, thanks for the feed back.

Second of all, my deck, my rules. :P

Golden jet and staple traps considered, ended up

-1 CotH                             +1 golden jet

-1 release                         +1 bottomless

-1 gemknight pearl            +1 tiras

-1 giant soldier of steel     +1 machu mech

7 targets is still more than enough for planter (which is a preference card, I understand if you don't like it that much, but I do, so it stays in my deck), and golden jet added just to be able to summon nebra disk, search skull, and then have another option at that point; golden jet with nebra for rank 5, or bones for rank 3, or nebra for deck thinning.

Not adding more than 1 because he is in no way something I'm trying to base this deck on, simply a tech of sorts in my eyes.

If I ever make a pure chronomaly deck, golden jet will be at 3, have no fear.

*image and decklist updated

I'm not a fan of Upstart. I'd remove all 3 of them an add the likes of Jujitsu Master who is a pretty mean troll, and Grand Mole. Attack the Moon and Release from Stone are rather pointless, Release only finds one target in Golem, and that's making room for 2 card that only work with 1 card '-'
Attack the Moon needs us to change our Battle Position which isn't really our focus so we don't get to use it really. So with both them out, then out with Magic Planter as well.

You can make room for Lances, DAD, Crane Crane and/or TGU, BLS too, Pinpoint Guard and Catapult Zone. Erm here is my deck:

Z0zOokj.png

The more Chronomaly focused approach is interesting though. You see what you do there.

Pandora-1.png

blackmanface.jpgpandoraface.pngamarok-face.jpg

My Card Creations:
0 Stat Set: http://forum.dueling...l=immateriality

My Barian Archetype Deck: http://forum.dueling...imate-xyz-deck/

Vampire Support: http://forum.dueling...ow/?hl=vampires

coket

coket

• 78 posts

I'm not a fan of Upstart. I'd remove all 3 of them an add the likes of Jujitsu Master who is a pretty mean troll, and Grand Mole. Attack the Moon and Release from Stone are rather pointless, Release only finds one target in Golem, and that's making room for 2 card that only work with 1 card '-'
Attack the Moon needs us to change our Battle Position which isn't really our focus so we don't get to use it really. So with both them out, then out with Magic Planter as well.

You can make room for Lances, DAD, Crane Crane and/or TGU, BLS too, Pinpoint Guard and Catapult Zone. Erm here is my deck:

Z0zOokj.png

The more Chronomaly focused approach is interesting though. You see what you do there.

Attack the moon! is there really as a 3rd (and continuous) MST, so if I were to remove it, I'd probably add the 3rd MST or, following your example, forbidden lance

Regarding release from stone, you seem to forget chronomaly technology can banish the lv3 rock chronomalies, giving it another target.

Another thing is, I can end phase CotH or release a rock target, then, on my turn, I can change that monster's battle position for attack the moon. Not to mention, if I'm planning on using a monster that survived my opponent's turn for an xyz summon, it's not like I care is it in attack or defense, might as well change it

One thing I just want to clarify, though: I don't think my deck is necessarily perfect. It is simply a build that suits me quite a bit.

I can understand every single one of your choices, and I can agree that they're good, this is just a matter of personal preference  :)

BGMaxie

BGMaxie

Black Darkness Noble

• Veteran Members
  • 2,328 posts
    • Time Online: 217d 8h 10s
  • Team:[SoS] Shadows of Silence

Attack the moon! is there really as a 3rd (and continuous) MST, so if I were to remove it, I'd probably add the 3rd MST or, following your example, forbidden lance

Regarding release from stone, you seem to forget chronomaly technology can banish the lv3 rock chronomalies, giving it another target.

Another thing is, I can end phase CotH or release a rock target, then, on my turn, I can change that monster's battle position for attack the moon. Not to mention, if I'm planning on using a monster that survived my opponent's turn for an xyz summon, it's not like I care is it in attack or defense, might as well change it

One thing I just want to clarify, though: I don't think my deck is necessarily perfect. It is simply a build that suits me quite a bit.

I can understand every single one of your choices, and I can agree that they're good, this is just a matter of personal preference  :)

I'd still regard the Release-Technology combo as slow, because it isn't something you can really abuse. CotH is best used when you want to protect yourself or to ensure your Xyz next turn or stuff like that, and it can be unwise to do so on your opponent's EP when your draw is a thing.

If you're happy with them, then go ahead, just saying that should work better.

Pandora-1.png

blackmanface.jpgpandoraface.pngamarok-face.jpg

My Card Creations:
0 Stat Set: http://forum.dueling...l=immateriality

My Barian Archetype Deck: http://forum.dueling...imate-xyz-deck/

Vampire Support: http://forum.dueling...ow/?hl=vampires

coket

coket

• 78 posts

I'd still regard the Release-Technology combo as slow, because it isn't something you can really abuse. CotH is best used when you want to protect yourself or to ensure your Xyz next turn or stuff like that, and it can be unwise to do so on your opponent's EP when your draw is a thing.

If you're happy with them, then go ahead, just saying that should work better.

Well, for one thing, I have no complaints as to how the deck has been performing, I think I'm undefeated so far, 8-0, I think?(I haven't been playing a awful lot of good decks, but still)

The only 3 (kinda) notable wins are bujins, ghostricks and vampires, and, what made me the most happy, all 3 of those duels were quite long, and very intense, so I had a lot of fun doing (and winning) them  :)

Honestly, I could make another deck, following your advice a bit more closely, but this deck will probably remain as is.

DuelistOfDeath91

DuelistOfDeath91

• 78 posts
    • Time Online: 4d 13h 2m 5s
  • Team:[AO] Aero

AqQfVqk.png

So here is a deck I made. (probably not the best way to build a deck with this concept, but it works for me, you can use it as a template for your version)

Decklist:

Main deck:(40)

Monsters:(16)

3 chronomaly nebra disk

1 chronomaly golden jet

3 chronomaly crystal bones

3 gorgonic golem

3 gorgonic gargoyle

3 chronomaly crystal skull

Spells:(15)

3 magic planter

3 upstart goblin

3 chronomaly technology

3 pot of duality

2 mystical space typhoon

1 attack the moon!

Traps(9)

1 bottomless trap hole

1 compulsory evacuation device

2 release from stone

3 fiendish chain

2 call of the haunted

Extra deck:(15)

1 tiras, keeper of genesis

1 number 33: chronomaly machu mech

1 number 50:blackship of corn

1 number 36:chronomaly fork hyuk

1 maestroke the symphony djinn

1 daigusto emeral

1 gagaga cowboy

1 number 17:leviathan dragon

1 ghostrick alucard

1 leviair the sky dragon

3 gorgonic guardian

1 wind-up zenmaines

1 giant soldier of steel

I'm using it in singles for now, so no side deck yet, you can help with that too, if you feel like it.

Basically, the idea is to either summon gorgonic guardian every turn, or search for everything needed to do it on the next turn. With PoD, technology, nebra disk and skull, it can search for exactly what you need scarily often, and then there's planter for extra draw power (also upstart, and while it does speed up the deck, it IS just filler, so it could go for something better), and with 9 targets, planter is virtually always live

Release from stone is a beautiful card; golem banishes himself and technology banishes skull or bones for targets, and if you xyz with the summmoned monster, release stays on the field for planter (pro tip:banish golem for his eff, summon him with release, he hits the grave, banish him again)

Also, if you can get 2 nebra disks on the field, hyuk is a great option; + note his synergy with gorgon guardian even when the latter is out of materials (detach for hyuk, CotH guardian?)

...I had a 10-card extra deck which I filled up with regular visitors of my extra decks, that can probably be improved.

So, yeah, opinions? Like the idea?

I'll try this deck out see if its good as a streak. My advice is to suggest other members opinions. I usually do sometimes....just saying.

Sunami King

Sunami King

DECK GARAGE BACK IN BUSINESS! On Instagram @Sunami_King

• Banned
  • 2,336 posts
  • Team:[AO] Aero

Hows the deck been working you for you OP?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to the Dueling Network Forums!

To sign in, use your duelingnetwork.com account. If you do not have one, register here.