Photo

Would you forfeit a match to help someone advance to the next round?

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

Poll: Forfeit

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Would you forfeit a match to help someone advance to the next round?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

monkoloko

monkoloko

• 322 posts
    • Time Online: 7d 10h 39m 33s
  • Team:Awesome Sauce

No. Never. Not even for a friend with money riding on a match or his/her favorite card on the line. I'm competitive and I treat this game like a sport so I never forfeit or throw a match. If you're gonna get a win on me you have to do the hard but fair way and beat me in a legit duel.

^ My thoughts exactly.

siggy.jpg

If you are Christian and not afraid to admit it, Put this in your sig! GOD FTW!!!

604045_4898432455760_2139267150_n.jpg

Team

http://forum.dueling...-awesome-sauce/

mew.gif

Hydros

Hydros

• 243 posts
    • Time Online: 6d 2h 58m 32s

No. Never. Not even for a friend with money riding on a match or his/her favorite card on the line. I'm competitive and I treat this game like a sport so I never forfeit or throw a match. If you're gonna get a win on me you have to do the hard but fair way and beat me in a legit duel.

This would be a fine statement... if Yugioh were a sport, you fucknut. As it is, Yugioh's the veritable bastard child of other popular TCGs that hasn't gotten anywhere near the support of other games. So yeah, no, nowhere a sport. I'd say fuck it and grab some food.

GuardianWynn

GuardianWynn

Mistress of the Gusto

• Veteran Members
  • 1,449 posts
    • Time Online: 133d 5h 8m 29s
  • Youtube:/user/andromon
  • Team:Team Elemental Mistress

This would be a fine statement... if Yugioh were a sport, you *****nut. As it is, Yugioh's the veritable ***** child of other popular TCGs that hasn't gotten anywhere near the support of other games. So yeah, no, nowhere a sport. I'd say ***** it and grab some food.

I like this a little. See if I knew I was going to advance an as tired or hungry I could see mysef surrendering because I want to rest. Would I do it to help someone? Likely not. For a few reasons. This assume a couple things such as he can't beat me which is awful thought. But if it is bad truely is based on the intent. See while granted losing to help aother player sounds nice and pure it has this ting about it. it could be viewed as robbing someone else of there chance cuz who didn't makeit based on his fake win? And at its worse it can be called flat out cheating attempting to help an uderseving player advance to weaken the pool in the next round.

http://forum.dueling...ustos-a-breeze/
http://forum.dueling...90-gusto-techs/
Posted Image
Elemental Mistress of the Raging Storm, Allow my Blessing to Guide you. Posted Image
Posted Image

Hunter

Hunter

Broken_Soul

• 1,013 posts
    • Time Online: 50d 20h 21m 56s
  • Team:Fate Hunters

Depends the sittuation idk how ygo irl tournaments works but if i cant make it to next round and he can w a win i wolud forfeit and maybe w something in for me it could be better of an agreement

If you are a Christian and not afraid to admit it, copy and paste this in your sig! God FTW!

ruBREel.png

TheWhite87

TheWhite87

Celestial Fury

• Veteran Members
  • 981 posts
    • Time Online: 24d 20h 13m 45s

I like this a little. See if I knew I was going to advance an as tired or hungry I could see mysef surrendering because I want to rest. Would I do it to help someone? Likely not. For a few reasons. This assume a couple things such as he can't beat me which is awful thought. But if it is bad truely is based on the intent. See while granted losing to help aother player sounds nice and pure it has this ting about it. it could be viewed as robbing someone else of there chance cuz who didn't makeit based on his fake win? And at its worse it can be called flat out cheating attempting to help an uderseving player advance to weaken the pool in the next round.

it's not cheating. it's just bad luck.

if u couldn't make it because someone else gave an other person a free win that means u were too bad. win one match more next time to not let smth like that happen...

Edited by TheWhite87, 03 January 2014 - 11:16 AM.

Ratskin

Ratskin

Elite Member

• Veteran Members
  • 2,585 posts
    • Time Online: 124d 21h 30m 45s

I know that at Locals and stuff where people get prizes from it people will draw so both participants can make the top whatever and can get prizes from it.

Because it's only fair if the prizes you two will be getting are the same no matter what comes through.

If I got into this position for a match I'd happily forfit assuming I was in America. Why? Because then it's move onto the drafting, where either the guy would lose or prove that he deserved the win in actual skillful competition compared to normal YGO which is just unskilled.

2r68WSt.png

The Joker will Lock all....

Thanks to someone from CGC.

project.shadows

project.shadows

• 114 posts
    • Time Online: 9d 5h 52m 2s
  • Youtube:shadows1422
  • Team:project.

I wouldn't.

I try my best to keep winning and winning.  They just need to try harder.  Not too many things in life are free.  Get used to working hard for your victory, and you'll feel much more victorious.

"...so that together, we may win..."

together.jpg

Happy Dueling!!!  :D  :D  :D 

Phraxure

Phraxure

I suffer from a serve case of selective reading

• Veteran Members
  • 1,026 posts
    • Time Online: 54d 3h 58m 53s

I voted yes because depends on the person. So hypothetically I would.

GuardianWynn

GuardianWynn

Mistress of the Gusto

• Veteran Members
  • 1,449 posts
    • Time Online: 133d 5h 8m 29s
  • Youtube:/user/andromon
  • Team:Team Elemental Mistress

Depends the sittuation idk how ygo irl tournaments works but if i cant make it to next round and he can w a win i wolud forfeit and maybe w something in for me it could be better of an agreement

To purposely lose for the goal of gaining what could be viewed as unfair advantage. To view this in an extreme form I refer to the idea of organizing such an idea imagine if a team were to go to a duel tournment and if any member of that team wereto face a paticular person(part of the team) they would lose. This would give him a higher chance at making the final round. This would be considered cheating. But this is an extreme exmple and he case of this thread desn't use such extremes. Which is why I was saying it can be in its lowest form unsportsman like and in its highest form cheating. Cuz in its lowest form it stll invites ths idea. Everyone played a nice clean game, you would have a certain final round, by allowing a free win you devate from that. The person who should be there yet isn't in a sense is cheated, but ths is the minor part of the aspect.

http://forum.dueling...ustos-a-breeze/
http://forum.dueling...90-gusto-techs/
Posted Image
Elemental Mistress of the Raging Storm, Allow my Blessing to Guide you. Posted Image
Posted Image

RenjiNakara

RenjiNakara

Basking in Sunlight; Drowning in Darkness

• Veteran Members
  • 946 posts
    • Time Online: 2d 41m 18s
  • Team:I'm a loner.

It's a nice thing to do, but at the end of the day I personally feel that giving, or letting someone win is just wrong. It's who I am to always give it my all.

M82fh0.gifAaSwys.gif

When you made changes to a deck and go back into rated with it:

OQ5MjB.gif

!Potato

!Potato

Veteran Member

• 368 posts
    • Time Online: 3d 14h 33m 19s
  • Team:7

I do It all the time.  At regionals when I already have my invite, if someone bribes me for their invite then hey, no damage done.  But if I got my invite and I have to play a friend who doesn't have their invite I just give them the match.  I'm actually surprised how many of you guys said you wouldn't give someone the match.  I think its because you guys didn't think about a scenario about having your invite already and helping a friend out.  Maybe you guys never had  an invite lol jk.  However DN is full of scrubs so I wouldn't be surprised : P

Edited by !Potato, 03 January 2014 - 01:03 PM.

Top 3 Yugioh Hipster List of SHAME!

1st Place.   Armand Star - 50 Hippy Points
2nd Place. Buckingham - 10 Hippy Points

3rd Place.  N/A 

Hyperion573

Hyperion573

• 268 posts
    • Time Online: 23d 1h 34m 35s
  • Team:Tachyon ReBirth

Here's my two cents on the matter: I will not throw the match in favor of someone who is less competent than me. If you lose, it is because of your inferior abilities and nothing more. Why someone would happily toss away their deserved shot at supremacy in favor of being sub-par is idiotic in of itself!

I'm going to scare you Like you've <span style="font-family: times new roman" ,="" times,="" serif'="">NEVER been scared before!
~Doom, Salamander 2(one of the few difficult final bosses in the Gradius series)

15.jpg

11.jpg

!Potato

!Potato

Veteran Member

• 368 posts
    • Time Online: 3d 14h 33m 19s
  • Team:7

For example on my last point.  It's the last regionals of the march format, and in a month there will be nationals!  You and your friends are attending this huge event, all except one of your friends.  He's trying to get his invite so he can travel with you guys.  But at the regionals you are playing him on the bubble.  If he loses he doesn't get his invite, and you get another invite in which you already have 3.  If you let him win the game, he gets his invite and gets to travel with you and your friends. 

You mean to tell me you would not give a win to your friend so he can travel to nationals with you?  Wow. Shame on you guys.

Top 3 Yugioh Hipster List of SHAME!

1st Place.   Armand Star - 50 Hippy Points
2nd Place. Buckingham - 10 Hippy Points

3rd Place.  N/A 

NUNS3: Kiba

NUNS3: Kiba

Veteran Member

• 334 posts
    • Time Online: 51d 1h 20m 36s
  • Facebook:Pm me
  • Team:Shadow Parameters

I would if I didn't pay to get in the tourney and they help pay for me

木場は、最高のスパムである

S0dnIuv.png

Credit to :       theawesomerence

RATED-RKOFRANKLIN

RATED-RKOFRANKLIN

• 228 posts
    • Time Online: 17d 23h 38m 50s
  • Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/user/RATEDRKOFRANKLIN2

This would be a fine statement... if Yugioh were a sport, you *****nut. As it is, Yugioh's the veritable ***** child of other popular TCGs that hasn't gotten anywhere near the support of other games. So yeah, no, nowhere a sport. I'd say ***** it and grab some food.

Yugioh is a sport. ESPN shows and treats Poker as a sport. Hell, it even treated Magic The Gathering as a sport. In fact Yugioh fits the definition of a sport. It is a competitive game that requires physical activity. 

Seijuro

Seijuro

• 92 posts
    • Time Online: 19h 35m 41s

Here's my two cents on the matter: I will not throw the match in favor of someone who is less competent than me. If you lose, it is because of your inferior abilities and nothing more. Why someone would happily toss away their deserved shot at supremacy in favor of being sub-par is idiotic in of itself!

I love how you think every game is based on abilities and skill.

Many people can have bad hands it's normal, you can too, doesn't make you a bad player.

I would play my opponent to see if he truly is a bad player, if I win and I believe he just had a bad hand, well I am going to advance anyways, what's the point of being a jerk about it.

Miror B.

Miror B.

Master of SWOG

• Chat Moderator
  • 9,376 posts
    • Time Online: 223d 20h 25m

I love how you think every game is based on abilities and skill.

Many people can have bad hands it's normal, you can too, doesn't make you a bad player.

I would play my opponent to see if he truly is a bad player, if I win and I believe he just had a bad hand, well I am going to advance anyways, what's the point of being a jerk about it.

Your not being a jerk if they didn't win in the first place :/

I don't need your fucking charity. If I lose I lose.

About Miror

Think about this for a bit:

'DN experience' indicates how much sensual pleasure you give to your partner. If you play with your deck well, and give the other person a good time, then everyone can get a good experience out of it.

htmlrulezd00d

htmlrulezd00d

• 204 posts
    • Time Online: 15d 11h 10m 30s
  • Team:DNA

As much as I love helping people out, helping out a guy to potentially beat me at the risk of my own record just doesn't seem like something I'm fond of. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to the Dueling Network Forums!

To sign in, use your duelingnetwork.com account. If you do not have one, register here.