Photo

TCG - January 2014 - Dark Magician Fun Deck

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Shadowraven55

Shadowraven55

• 4 posts
    • Time Online: 1h 38m 11s

Just want to get peoples opinion on this deck, i have won a few times with it against non serious decks.

Main purpose of the deck is to mainly pull out Dark Magician, considering putting Rank 7 XYZ's in but thought that may negate the point of a Dark Magician deck

Pro's and Con's for the deck would be amazing, thanks ^_^

qLaUwI1.png

Edited by Shadowraven55, 31 January 2014 - 01:34 AM.

Karen<3'sPauli

Karen<3'sPauli

God of Thunder

• Veteran Members
  • 2,428 posts
    • Time Online: 71d 17h 57m 1s
  • Team:Deserted -disbanded-

Have you ever considered the Black Diamond engine? It mixes Dark Magician and his support cards with Destiny Hero-Diamond Dude to get their effects with no cost, and runs the basic D-Hero Engine+Prisma (Dark Flare Knight or Dark Paladin in Extra deck required). It isn't amazing, but its hella fun.

ohgodthehumanity_zps79987200.gif

DNF's Resident Goddess of Thunder

Da best Deck Garage

crobat.gif

If someone tells you to run Tour Guide in Infernoids, ignore every piece of advice they give you regarding the Deck.

Shadowraven55

Shadowraven55

• 4 posts

Can't say i have ever herd of that.
If i understand Prisma correctly, you use its eff to send Dark Flare Knight and Dark Paladin to the grave to turn Prisma's name into Dark Magician?

Karen<3'sPauli

Karen<3'sPauli

God of Thunder

• Veteran Members
  • 2,428 posts

Prisma will reveal Dark Flare Knight or Dark Paladin, then send Dark Magician from Deck to Grave, and its name will become Dark Magician. 

EDIT: The deck basically looks like this

mkF3InW.png

but there is flexibility with how to build it. The Extra deck is player's choice, Rank 4s are great considering Summoner Monk. Using Veiler as a tuner (Yeah, people actually do this) Gives access to Level 5, 7 and 8 synchros, of which there are a multitude to choose from (7 will be least consistent without a doubt)

Edited by Karen<3'sPauli, 31 January 2014 - 02:09 AM.

Da best Deck Garage

crobat.gif

If someone tells you to run Tour Guide in Infernoids, ignore every piece of advice they give you regarding the Deck.

yugiohduelacademjosh

yugiohduelacademjosh

Veteran Member

• 450 posts
    • Time Online: 17d 19m 15s
  • Youtube:Plute Joshy

Just want to get peoples opinion on this deck, i have won a few times with it against non serious decks.

Main purpose of the deck is to mainly pull out Dark Magician, considering putting Rank 7 XYZ's in but thought that may negate the point of a Dark Magician deck

Pro's and Con's for the deck would be amazing, thanks ^_^

qLaUwI1.png

I have a dark magician build but not something like this though. Anyways my thoughts would be that.

Your running way too many cards that would just kill your deck. That what I think.

I suggest sticking with 40-42 cards at best but mostly 40-41.

The cards you running is good and all but your not taking advantage of dropping down Dark magician.

You could use cards like Skill Dark Magician which you can easily grab for your Dark magician if you have that +3 counter on it considering the amount of spells that would be played on the field.

Summoner monk is great keep him in the build easy way to ditch your dead shot cards.

Maybe try testing +1 Tragoedia in the deck build. Great way to lv abuse or steal monsters. 

Keep the BLS and ditch the chaos sorc since I would test 1 risky removal rather than having both of them in the deck build. [Had that happen before and it cripple than helps the build, well depending on the deck build]

1-2 magical exemplar is ok i usually test between those numbers before increase.

maybe consider these other cards as idea for monster line up like Gagaga Magician, Star Drawing, Veiler, Maxx C, Tour Guide.

Gagaga Magician - You can abuse level and go for fast rank 4 & 7.

Star Drawing - if you want more draw power 

Veiler - hand traps

or Maxx C - for more draw power

Tour guide - Maybe but still a card to consider.

_

+2 mst is good 

+1 dark hole yes

+1 Allure - because you run darks so why not

now here a though decision between these 2 cards if you want draw power

Pot of Duality or Upstart Goblin

Duality - if you want to get quick adds and lose your Special summon

Goblin - if you need that draw power but give your opponent a +1k Lp

another card is

+1-2 Secret Village of the Spellcaster vs Magical Citadel of Endymion

Village - if you want to restrict your opponent

Citadel - for counter abuse for Magical Exe

+1 dark magician curtains - obvious fast way to get your dark magician on the field

Another decision would be

Forbidden Lance or Spellbook of Wisdom

Lance - unaffected by s/t & -800 atk

Wisdom - Unaffected by spell or trap

+1-2 terraforming would be nice to have to quickly add your field spells

__

Traps all depending do you want to go for a more aggressive build with other traps supports 

or 

go for the defensive and use only Triple Royal decree to shutdown all Heavy traps on field.

__

Extra is player choices.

I would consider these Xyz.

Rank 4:

Abyss Dweller

Daigusto Emeral

Dimaond Dire Wolf

Evilswarm Excition Knight

Gagaga Cowboy

Lavalval Chain

Maestroke Djinn

Silent Honors Ark

Blackship of Corn

Master Key Beetle

Rank 7:

Big Eye

Mecha Phantom Beast Dracossack

rWkKA4I.png

Here a sample deck of what the other poster was talking about but this doesn't have the D-hero engine which would make it more suitable deck to use. :L I know this isn't updated just an idea.

scrzpj.jpg

Shadowraven55

Shadowraven55

• 4 posts

Using Veiler as a tuner (Yeah, people actually do this)

I laughed when i sore that, funny enough in one of my other decks i had used it for a tuner when i Creature Swapped a Level 7 and brought out a Black Rose Dragon, the reponse i got. Thank you for the deck profile you posted i will have a look over it and give it a try to see how it fares, is there any main combos you would advise?

@ Josh, if possible could you list the fusion monsters you have in your deck profile, a few i am not aware of there names, otherwise same as above, is there any main combos you would advise with your deck profile

yugiohduelacademjosh

yugiohduelacademjosh

Veteran Member

• 450 posts
    • Time Online: 17d 19m 15s
  • Youtube:Plute Joshy

@ Josh, if possible could you list the fusion monsters you have in your deck profile, a few i am not aware of there names, otherwise same as above, is there any main combos you would advise with your deck profile

Sure I can list them for you. I should have done that my mistake. 

Well with the main combo of the screenshot of my deck profile usually use the Prisma Dump Dark magician. Since you can have fast access getting dark magician in the graveyard with Coth. This is a very old format of a deck build which I have yet to upload it style. 

Here the list of the fusion monsters though:

Darkflare Knight

E-hero Zero

E-Hero The shining

_

Side: IGNORE those Fusions are unrelated to the deck build i just kept those in there for more fusion decks i have built with them is all.

scrzpj.jpg

sephira_01

sephira_01

• 31 posts
    • Time Online: 21h 37m 15s

Prisma will reveal Dark Flare Knight or Dark Paladin, then send Dark Magician from Deck to Grave, and its name will become Dark Magician.

mkF3InW.png
but there is flexibility with how to build it. The Extra deck is player's choice, Rank 4s are great considering Summoner Monk. Using Veiler as a tuner (Yeah, people actually do this) Gives access to Level 5, 7 and 8 synchros, of which there are a multitude to choose from (7 will be least consistent without a doubt)

This actually amazes me, like this very much!

This deck worth trying lol

I have a dark magician build but not something like this though. Anyways my thoughts would be that.

Your running way too many cards that would just kill your deck. That what I think.
I suggest sticking with 40-42 cards at best but mostly 40-41.

The cards you running is good and all but your not taking advantage of dropping down Dark magician.

You could use cards like Skill Dark Magician which you can easily grab for your Dark magician if you have that +3 counter on it considering the amount of spells that would be played on the field.

Summoner monk is great keep him in the build easy way to ditch your dead shot cards.

Maybe try testing +1 Tragoedia in the deck build. Great way to lv abuse or steal monsters.

Keep the BLS and ditch the chaos sorc since I would test 1 risky removal rather than having both of them in the deck build. [Had that happen before and it cripple than helps the build, well depending on the deck build]

1-2 magical exemplar is ok i usually test between those numbers before increase.

maybe consider these other cards as idea for monster line up like Gagaga Magician, Star Drawing, Veiler, Maxx C, Tour Guide.

Gagaga Magician - You can abuse level and go for fast rank 4 & 7.

Star Drawing - if you want more draw power

Veiler - hand traps

or Maxx C - for more draw power

Tour guide - Maybe but still a card to consider.
_

+2 mst is good
+1 dark hole yes
+1 Allure - because you run darks so why not

now here a though decision between these 2 cards if you want draw power

Pot of Duality or Upstart Goblin

Duality - if you want to get quick adds and lose your Special summon

Goblin - if you need that draw power but give your opponent a +1k Lp

another card is

+1-2 Secret Village of the Spellcaster vs Magical Citadel of Endymion

Village - if you want to restrict your opponent

Citadel - for counter abuse for Magical Exe

+1 dark magician curtains - obvious fast way to get your dark magician on the field

Another decision would be

Forbidden Lance or Spellbook of Wisdom

Lance - unaffected by s/t & -800 atk

Wisdom - Unaffected by spell or trap

+1-2 terraforming would be nice to have to quickly add your field spells
__

Traps all depending do you want to go for a more aggressive build with other traps supports

or

go for the defensive and use only Triple Royal decree to shutdown all Heavy traps on field.

__

Extra is player choices.

I would consider these Xyz.

Rank 4:

Abyss Dweller
Daigusto Emeral
Dimaond Dire Wolf
Evilswarm Excition Knight
Gagaga Cowboy
Lavalval Chain
Maestroke Djinn
Silent Honors Ark
Blackship of Corn
Master Key Beetle

Rank 7:

Big Eye
Mecha Phantom Beast Dracossack

rWkKA4I.png

Here a sample deck of what the other poster was talking about but this doesn't have the D-hero engine which would make it more suitable deck to use. :L I know this isn't updated just an idea.

This is a dream DM deck!!

Last year I was joining DN just to build this deck!!

Oh god, where have you been all my life, dude?? *tears*

Sorreah182

Sorreah182

Elite Member

• Veteran Members
  • 2,566 posts
    • Time Online: 124d 5h 45m 6s

you will never need more than one dark magician knight with title. 

and emerial is almost a given with this build, as well as swing of memories 

mkF3InW.png

Edited by Sorreah182, 20 March 2014 - 04:36 AM.

Best post I've read since kuriboh logic, very true and worth the read: 
http://forum.dueling...ight-way-to-fl/

Tears of tomorrow

Tears of tomorrow

AKA Tomas Elliot

• Veteran Members
  • 541 posts
    • Time Online: 40d 10h 26m 50s

Or, you know, you could go down the Gagaga route and make a deck that can actually win games (to the point of OTKing).

If you want to remain faithful to a more old-fashioned playstyle, using as many cards of the Dark Magician family as possible, then I recommend using Magical Dimension: I know, it is a -1, but it is also the fastest way of bringing out Dark Magician from your hand (no, Dark Curtain is definitely NOT worth it) and it also pops a monster... I absolutely love the "Dark Diamond" build by the way, that is the only build that justifies running Dark Curtain over Magical Dimension, because the idea is to activate the spell's effect with Diamond Dude...

So yeah, go the consistent/OTK way with Gagagas, OR give a try to the "Dark Diamond" build, OR make some of the adjustments Josh suggested, but find space for Magical DImension in that case. These are your choices right now, at least as far as I can tell...

osQInqU.png

Thanks to @T@10N for the awesome sig!

7912.png

Karen<3'sPauli

Karen<3'sPauli

God of Thunder

• Veteran Members
  • 2,428 posts

you will never need more than one dark magician knight with title. 

and emerial is almost a given with this build, as well as swing of memories 

Yeah, unfortunately I have a pre-errata'd version of Knight's Title that only lets you SS from deck. I've always run 2 Knights because of it :c

Da best Deck Garage

crobat.gif

Sorreah182

Sorreah182

Elite Member

• Veteran Members
  • 2,566 posts

Yeah, unfortunately I have a pre-errata'd version of Knight's Title that only lets you SS from deck. I've always run 2 Knights because of it :c

that doesn't matter. regardless of the erata of the card, it will always use the most current print. If I could use that as an excuse, I'd still have a busted fortune lady deck with magical dimension

Karen<3'sPauli

Karen<3'sPauli

God of Thunder

• Veteran Members
  • 2,428 posts

that doesn't matter. regardless of the erata of the card, it will always use the most current print. If I could use that as an excuse, I'd still have a busted fortune lady deck with magical dimension

Why can't you have a busted Fortune Lady deck without it?

And yes, as I said its just something I do out of habit. I'm pretty sure in the actual build I replaced him with DaD.

Da best Deck Garage

crobat.gif

Sorreah182

Sorreah182

Elite Member

• Veteran Members
  • 2,566 posts

Why can't you have a busted Fortune Lady deck without it?

And yes, as I said its just something I do out of habit. I'm pretty sure in the actual build I replaced him with DaD.

well with the original text on magical dimension, I could tribute light with dimension and get her effect as well as special summon out from my hand. After they errated it, lighty misses timing. If I could just use the old wording on dimension to keep that ability, I would. I am *still* mad that fortune ladies are when instead of if effects. they didn't need nerfing <_< 

Karen<3'sPauli

Karen<3'sPauli

God of Thunder

• Veteran Members
  • 2,428 posts

well with the original text on magical dimension, I could tribute light with dimension and get her effect as well as special summon out from my hand. After they errated it, lighty misses timing. If I could just use the old wording on dimension to keep that ability, I would. I am *still* mad that fortune ladies are when instead of if effects. they didn't need nerfing <_<

Yes, but Fortune Ladies can still be busted tho. I've had people ask me if I was playing Exodia before :c

*has a full playset of pre-errata'd MagDims*

Da best Deck Garage

crobat.gif

Sorreah182

Sorreah182

Elite Member

• Veteran Members
  • 2,566 posts

Yes, but Fortune Ladies can still be busted tho. I've had people ask me if I was playing Exodia before :c

*has a full playset of pre-errata'd MagDims*

yup I'm aware. I dabbled with broken fortune, it was glorious 

sephira_01

sephira_01

• 31 posts
    • Time Online: 21h 37m 15s

Or, you know, you could go down the Gagaga route and make a deck that can actually win games (to the point of OTKing).

If you want to remain faithful to a more old-fashioned playstyle, using as many cards of the Dark Magician family as possible, then I recommend using Magical Dimension: I know, it is a -1, but it is also the fastest way of bringing out Dark Magician from your hand (no, Dark Curtain is definitely NOT worth it) and it also pops a monster... I absolutely love the "Dark Diamond" build by the way, that is the only build that justifies running Dark Curtain over Magical Dimension, because the idea is to activate the spell's effect with Diamond Dude...

So yeah, go the consistent/OTK way with Gagagas, OR give a try to the "Dark Diamond" build, OR make some of the adjustments Josh suggested, but find space for Magical DImension in that case. These are your choices right now, at least as far as I can tell...

Just for an input, I used to build a DM deck with normal monster summoning engine; daigusto emeral.

Here are how it works:
Summon summoning priest, ss armageddon knight. Armageddon knight send DM to grave.
Then use emeral eff to ss DM to the field.

This deck isn't competitive nor has a DM family combo, but the main power of this deck is to SS as often DM as possible.
I also put in swing of memoryx2, dark magic attack, prisma, and ancient rules (to get rid of clogged DM in hands).

No DMG in, as I got trouble to summon her properly under any condition. Current game are too quick for tribute summon.

However I hasn't tried Dark Magician of Illusion which released in OCG last February, which would worth a try.

Banishing a card when attacking is a lovely thing to have :D

Devil_Of_Prophecy

Devil_Of_Prophecy

• 70 posts
    • Time Online: 3d 13h 46m 7s

i know it is fun but u can't have fun unless the deck is good :(

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to the Dueling Network Forums!

To sign in, use your duelingnetwork.com account. If you do not have one, register here.