Photo

[TCG] [January 2014] Chaos Dragons

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Barrabas7

Barrabas7

• 158 posts
    • Time Online: 4d 2h 45m 57s

Here is my Chaos Dragons Deck: It is doing really well, so only minor adjustments are really needed, and I'd really like to see mostly what people think about my side/extra deck.

rZwLBRc.png

Monsters (31):
2 Black Dragon Collapserpent

1 BLS, Envoy of the Beginning

2 Chaos Sorcerer

1 DAD

1 Dark Resonator

2 Darkflare Dragon

2 Eclipse Wyvern

2 Effect Veiler

1 Gorz

1 Jinzo

3 Lightpulsar Dragon

2 Lyla

1 Plaguespreader

1 REDMD

3 Ryko

3 Tour Guide

1 Tragoedia

2 White Dragon Wyverburster

Spells (6):

1 Charge of the Light Brigade

1 Dark Hole

1 MST

2 Solar Recharge

1 Monster Reincarnation

Traps (3):

1 Solemn Warning

1 Compuls

1 Seven Tools

Side Deck

3 D.D. Crow

1 Lyla

2 Maxx "C"

2 Wingbeat of the Giant Dragon

2 Prohibition

2 Royal Decree

3 DNA Surgery

Extra Deck

1 Catastor

1 Gaia Knight, Force of Earth

1 Ancient Fairy Dragon

1 Red Dragon Archfiend

1 Stardust

1 Diamond Dire

1 Black Ship of Corn

1 Gagaga Cowboy

1 Maestroke

1 Leviair

1 Zenmaines

1 Exa-Beetle

1 Photon Strike Bounzer

1 Queen Dragun Djinn

1 Dracossack

I have thought about running Giganticastle to get over some of the bigger cards (JD, etc) but don't know what I would take out for it. Exa-beetle was a request/advice from a good friend of mine who would have topped had he beaten his last opponent (wherein he needed Exa-beetle), but I am not totally tied to him.

Explanation of Tech choices:

1. Jinzo: I know he needs to be normal summoned, but in this deck it is really not that hard to do. I can SS a Chaos Sorc, use his eff and then tribute him for Jinzo who can attack without threat of Trap cards. I can use a baby chaos dragon for fodder, and occasionally I'll end up with a Ryko face-up on the field from a previous turn that can be tributed. After this, he protects me from traps and is a pretty nice beater.
  2. Dark Resonator: he is a target for TG that plays well with the deck. He opens up more synchro plays if I draw him on his own (easy Ancient fairy dragon combined with the baby dragons). He is actually the reason I have considered running Giganticastle as well. Lightpulsar+Dark Resonator is really easy to get out and on the synchro, Lightpulsar gives me a Darkflare or a REDMD. Resonator is also SS-able from leviair allowing more synchro opportunities even if he gets milled.
  3. Plaguespreader: a really solid tuner that opens up lots of plays. using him as a tuner 2x is great, but I like that he isn't dead if he gets milled.
  4. Gorz: seems obvious
  5. Trag: same as Gorz, just too good.
  6. Veiler: Staple tech card that further plays into the dark/light play.
  7. Monster Reincarnation: (Can spells be tech choices?) allows me to easily dump a wyvern from hand to set that play up, but also gives me back a BLS, Chaos Sorcerer, REDMD, or DAD that might happen to get milled.

Hope you like the deck, and I'd love to talk about this deck :)

Does no posts mean it's great?! :D :ph34r:

Best 1st turn: http://imgur.com/yuYtAVw

"Choose for yourself this day whom you will serve, but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

adre111

adre111

• 226 posts
    • Time Online: 6d 14h 4m 36s

Instead of running those 3 traps, better to run Royal Decree- its a backrow heavy format after all, and Royal decree will kill anydeck that relies on backrow.

Btw, no Tragodia? There are so many amazing combos with Tragodia...

-1 Eclipse Wyern, you really dont need 2 when all you got are 2 targets for it. 1 will become dead if you draw 1 of the targets

No Honest -.-?

Barrabas7

Barrabas7

• 158 posts

I am running 1 Tragoedia.

I have thought about running Honest, but I do have 2 targets for Eclipse Wyvern: DAD REDMD

Though I do think that maybe Honest over the 2nd Eclipse may be better.

As to the Royal Decree, I thought about maining it and decided against it since it can be such a dead draw if you play someone without traps. It's a good side choice right now for when it's needed, but I can't justify it in the MD just yet.

Edited by Barrabas7, 10 February 2014 - 07:35 PM.

"Choose for yourself this day whom you will serve, but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

ownnator

ownnator

Veteran Member

• 412 posts
    • Time Online: 13d 8h 40m 49s
  • Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/user/ownnator
  • Team:Team Genesis

-1 Eclipse (The only reason this is even run is to foolish or send with Darkflare, it's a total dead draw)

-1 Dark Resonator (There are better targets for TGU)

-1 Seven Tools (Decree or MST would be better)

-1 Compulsory (Random traps generally aren't good)

-1 Solemn (See above)

+1 Night Assailant (This is the best target for TGU, when you discard him for Lightpulsar you can get back a Ryko from grave)

+2 MST (Helps with Skill Drain, Tenki, Macro, and general backrow hate)

+2 Decree / Breakthrough Skill (Breakthrough is good to draw and to mill, and Decree is good this format)

Hope this helps, I'm a fan of Chaos Dragons.

adre111

adre111

• 226 posts
    • Time Online: 6d 14h 4m 36s

I am running 1 Tragoedia.

I have thought about running Honest, but I do have 2 targets for Eclipse Wyvern: DAD REDMD

Though I do think that maybe Honest over the 2nd Eclipse may be better.

As to the Royal Decree, I thought about maining it and decided against it since it can be such a dead draw if you play someone without traps. It's a good side choice right now for when it's needed, but I can't justify it in the MD just yet.

Oh sorry, missed that.

The chances of going up against a backrow heavy deck is WAY higher then a nonback row deck. If you dont want to run triple decree, run triple trap stun.

SwagDontComeCheap

SwagDontComeCheap

I'm my own team

• Veteran Members
  • 712 posts
    • Time Online: 12d 22h 5m 29s

I would run 3 lyla and 2 ryko. You'll be able to make your plays faster since lyla immediately deals with traps where as ryko needs to be flipped.

180px-SSBM_Marth_Fair_Chain_ending_with_ THE KEN COMBO

Barrabas7

Barrabas7

• 158 posts

I would run 3 lyla and 2 ryko. You'll be able to make your plays faster since lyla immediately deals with traps where as ryko needs to be flipped.

Right, but the constant milling of Lyla can be counter-helpful whereas the single milling of Ryko lends itself better to the deck. Also, I'd rather discard a Ryko than a Lyla with a Solar Recharge so I'd rather have more Rykos than lylas in the Deck.

Taralom

Taralom

Brimming with Negativity!

• Veteran Members
  • 1,069 posts
    • Time Online: 41d 20h 38m 44s

Right, but the constant milling of Lyla can be counter-helpful whereas the single milling of Ryko lends itself better to the deck. Also, I'd rather discard a Ryko than a Lyla with a Solar Recharge so I'd rather have more Rykos than lylas in the Deck.

Then you tribute Lyla for Darkflare or LPD.

Run 3 Lyla; backrow is Chaos Dragons' biggest problem, and Lyla solves it by luring out bottomless, warning etc. 
If you want to do so in tandem with 3 ryko, feel free, although I find Ryko less and less appealing lately. 

My Trade Thread
http://forum.dueling...s-trade-thread/

Feel free to drop a message if anything is unclear about something I posted. I will try to clarify and aim to help you further.

Barrabas7

Barrabas7

• 158 posts

Here is an updated pick of the deck. Still would like some thoughts on ED though. For instance, I rarely use Maestroke, should I keep her?

rlEzJgO.png

ownnator

ownnator

Veteran Member

• 412 posts
    • Time Online: 13d 8h 40m 49s
  • Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/user/ownnator
  • Team:Team Genesis

Here is an updated pick of the deck. Still would like some thoughts on ED though. For instance, I rarely use Maestroke, should I keep her?

rlEzJgO.png

Maestroke is better than Dracossack. You only run 2 level 7 monsters in the whole deck, and both Gorz and Dark Armed should end the game by themselves. Red Dragon Archfiend isn't that great, either. This frees up space for a Scrap Dragon and Atum, both of whom are easier to make and more useful.

Barrabas7

Barrabas7

• 158 posts

Atum actually isn't that useful for the Deck. Eclipse Wyvern is enough to get REDMD out, and the other targets for Atum are just meh. I can try it again, I just wasn't impressed when I tried him. As to Draco: I have 3 ways to get him including ancient fairy and he is there simply situationally. There have been times I needed a card gone with no way to get rid of it else. Red Dragon is in because I own him and want to test the deck with cards I own. But I know scrap is a little better than him. Draco is also in the game for when a gorz and/or Dad gets fiendished.

Thanks though I'll try atum again

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to the Dueling Network Forums!

To sign in, use your duelingnetwork.com account. If you do not have one, register here.