Photo

Moemon: It'll Daww You to Death

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

ViolentAnemia

ViolentAnemia

Monster Girl Enthusiast

• Preferred Name:VA

Those of you with Diabetes or Arrhythmia should back the fuck out, cause it's about to get heart stoppingly, blood sugar spikingly sweet all up in here.

Are they Gone?

Alright, now that lives aren't in danger, Let's go into the main subject of the thread:

This Winter, one man delves into a world of trainable lolis. A world where slavery is legal, gambling is awesome, and where everyone is at constant risk of heart failure. This man delves into the rabbit hole, comes back up to exclaim how awesome it is, and then goes back in. He'll find himself and get to know a part of his soul that's sugar coated and tastes like gummy bears. From the maker of the famous Touhoumon thread comes a new thread that will melt your heart out of your chest and feed it back to you as golden sunshine. You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll cringe at his stupid jokes, but above all else, you'll daww like you've never dawwed before. Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you:

MOEMON

PlusleorMinun_zpsbd159526.jpg

So, what exactly is Moemon? Moemon is Pokemon with the normal sprites replaced with "Moe" personifications of the Pokemon they are standing in for. "Moe" is sort of a broad term, but VERY simply put, it's like cute or adorable.

What's so great about Moemon? Well, it's adorable, like, really fucking adorable. There's also the fact that EVERY sprite has been replaced. That creates a sort of driving force for the player to obsessively play through the game in order to see all of the new sprites. You change all the sprites, and suddenly you'll want to play through the game on a fervent level you never thought you'd experience after already finishing the game.

Now, I'll be presenting 2 different versions. Moemon FireRed and Moemon Emerald. Both are pretty good, and play exactly as they used to, but with 100% more Moe.

FireRed Screenshots:

F5V786L.pngiX8Sz6k.pngeQb4ILt.png

Emerald Screenshots:

n2TH2ps.pngm9v3dQi.pngKfmcn2H.png

If you'd like to discuss anything about Moemon, do so. I'll be playing through both versions starting with Emerald, so if you'd like to do the same and report your progress here, by all means do. If you tell me your team for your current playthrough, I can post it here like I did my own.

Links:

FireRed version original thread (download links are there): https://forums.pokem...0th-march-2013/

Emerald version original thread (download threads are there): https://forums.pokem...b-2013-version/

Lunar IPS (for patching Roms): http://fusoya.eludev...ility.org/lips/

Downloads have been tested by me. I run the free version of AVG which is one of the best (if not the best) free antivirus out there. I also scanned the downloads with Malwarebytes for that extra sense of security for everyone (you're welcome!).

I won't post links to Roms or Emulators. Find those yourself. With Google, it's extremely easy to do so.

i.imgur.com/7R1NTOH.png

Teams:

ViolentAnemia:

Lightshaver:

Looking for Touhoumon? Here's the thread. It's too old to comment on, but the downloads are still solid: http://forum.dueling...ans-in-my-2hus/

Edited by ViolentAnemia, 08 March 2014 - 09:20 PM.

EGamerozo

EGamerozo

Enforcing the Will of the Nohr Kindgom

• Preferred Name:EG, EGaymer, Efggt
  • Team:Free

My Friend Sent me a Copy of Emerald 3 Hours ago, Yeah We made it to the Sixth Gym, Also beastly Nuzloli is wrecking shit.

We also happened to use the Speed up motion to get Level 50 pokemon early lol.

The_Deadman

The_Deadman

DN's Civil Rights Activist

• Team:DOLLAR Bills Y'all! [DLLR]

Some people truly have too much time on their hands (as if I'm one to talk.)

Has any gameplay functionality changed whatsoever or are the edits strictly aesthetic?

P.S. I've seen cuter.

Posted Image
Thanks to danna45 for the above.

http://forum.dueling...ins/?p=1124905 Alduin: I actually see your point of view and am no longer annoyed at you.
Posted Image Posted Image

[1/31/2014 12:11:00 AM] Armand: i listen to deadman even when he's rude. it helps that he's not rude for the sake of it, but rather, he is just a bit, when necesarry (1/31/2014 12:11:16 AM) Erosion: That's because he's Saxton Hale himself (1/31/2014 12:12:17 AM) Vincent: So what, Deadman became DeadManlyMan? (1/31/2014 12:13:09 AM) Erosion: Basically, he's gotten so good at making insightful posts, he could go off on a drunken rant on how x is bad and y is good, but nobody will mind because he's damn good at what he does (1/31/2014 12:14:01 AM) Vincent: Well yeah, and that's who he is; he just feels the need to fight for what he believes in as hard as he is capable of, and he is capable of a lot.

ViolentAnemia

ViolentAnemia

Monster Girl Enthusiast

My Friend Sent me a Copy of Emerald 3 Hours ago, Yeah We made it to the Sixth Gym, Also beastly Nuzloli is wrecking shit.

We also happened to use the Speed up motion to get Level 50 pokemon early lol.

Jeez, I've just been playing at the normal snail pace. In a few hours, I got up to the second gym. screwing around looking for a Mawile really slowed me down to. I spent like half an hour in the cave by the second gym thinking that Mawiles were in it. Then I realized that Emerald didn't have Mawiles there...

Some people truly have too much time on their hands (as if I'm one to talk.)

Has any gameplay functionality changed whatsoever or are the edits strictly aesthetic?

P.S. I've seen cuter.

It's strictly aesthetics. I kind of already said that.

P.S. I don't care.

lXDarksunXl.gif

23730_s.gif

Miror B.

Miror B.

DOST THOU EVEN LIFT, BRAH!?

First you were capturing wild animals and using them to fight each other.

Now you're kidnapping a bunch of little girls and forcing them into catfights!

Yea not my thing :/ (not the catfight, the carbon copy of pokemon but with girls)

aQKKSna.png

Think about this for a bit:

'DN experience' indicates how much sensual pleasure you give to your partner. If you play with your deck well, and give the other person a good time, then everyone can get a good experience out of it.

ViolentAnemia

ViolentAnemia

Monster Girl Enthusiast

First you were capturing wild animals and using them to fight each other.

Now you're kidnapping a bunch of little girls and forcing them into catfights!

Yea not my thing :/ (not the catfight, the carbon copy of pokemon but with girls)

Some of the later evolutions don't look so much like little girls.

It's just a nice change of pace really, and it's not a carbon copy of Pokemon, it IS Pokemon. the sprites are just swapped out. It's a patch you apply to the actual game, so everything else is the original game.

It's a simple aesthetic and nothing to take seriously at all. It is fun going back through and seeing all the new sprites.

lXDarksunXl.gif

23730_s.gif

Sorreah182

Sorreah182

Elite Member

Some of the later evolutions don't look so much like little girls.

It's just a nice change of pace really, and it's not a carbon copy of Pokemon, it IS Pokemon. the sprites are just swapped out. It's a patch you apply to the actual game, so everything else is the original game.

It's a simple aesthetic and nothing to take seriously at all. It is fun going back through and seeing all the new sprites.

I have a red version. which is the better game in your opinion, red or emerald?

Oh hey, since my last link didn't work, I can link something I forgot I wrote. It's been revived, thanks Bil!:
http://forum.dueling...uy-has-learned/

ViolentAnemia

ViolentAnemia

Monster Girl Enthusiast

I have a red version. which is the better game in your opinion, red or emerald?

Well, aesthetic-wise they're both fine and good quality. It all comes down to personal taste really.

For the actual better version, I prefer Emerald. I love 3rd Gen, so I'm playing it first. Plus, there's not that damn tedious forced tutorial bull and running shoes are gained from the get go.

lXDarksunXl.gif

23730_s.gif

lightshaver

lightshaver

Constellar Butterfly Messier 6

• Preferred Name:Light-kun
  • Team:[SPA] Sky Parameters

Decided to give it a go since my save file of Touhoumon is on my brother's psp. Forgot to name Ralts, but I will rename it serene or witch later. 

9fpe6v.jpg

Edit: finally past petalburg forest, thinking about getting a nincada since I like how it looks.

Edited by lightshaver, 04 March 2014 - 02:03 PM.

Mafia game directory!
Also my sleeve Showcase
Posted Image
^<- Credit to DragonsHalo
Posted Image
ty bae fishy-chan <3

ViolentAnemia

ViolentAnemia

Monster Girl Enthusiast

Decided to give it a go since my save file of Touhoumon is on my brother's psp. Forgot to name Ralts, but I will rename it serene or witch later. 

9fpe6v.jpg

Edit: finally past petalburg forest, thinking about getting a nincada since I like how it looks.

Definitely get a Nincada. I swept Norman's entire team with my level 25 Ninjask, Ayame. I set up 3 stages of evasion and then Fury Cuttered his entire team into little pieces. Ayame only took 1 hit while setting up and that was only Spinda's confusion infliction move which ended up dealing no damage to Ayame.

It was glorious. Double Team too stronk.

I'll post your team in the OP if you'd like. Just give me the rundown of who you're using once you've reached a stopping point and I'll set up the sprites later. Also, include screenshots of your Pokemon's status screens so I can rip the sprites.

lXDarksunXl.gif

23730_s.gif

BionicKid

BionicKid

You cannot destroy me...for I am Nothing.

• Team:None...again...

I've heard of Moemon before. Havin' the creature sprites replaced with children certainly ought to make things more interesting, 'specially for those runnin' a Nuzlocke Challenge.

Likely the only things keepin' me from downloadin' the files are 1) The fact that they likely aren't for Mac, and 2) The fact that GBA ROMS don't operate well on my computer.

zmV0c.jpg

League of Legends? Never played.

World of Warcraft? Never played.

Skyrim?

#NeverPlayed

ViolentAnemia

ViolentAnemia

Monster Girl Enthusiast

I've heard of Moemon before. Havin' the creature sprites replaced with children certainly ought to make things more interesting, 'specially for those runnin' a Nuzlocke Challenge.

Likely the only things keepin' me from downloadin' the files are 1) The fact that they likely aren't for Mac, and 2) The fact that GBA ROMS don't operate well on my computer.

Not all of them are children. Normally just the smaller ones are, but even Nincada doesn't look so much like a child. The sprites are all just female personifications of the Pokemon (which makes it weird when the Pokemon is male).

If a Mac can run emulators, they work just fine. Oh look, here's one: http://coolrom.com/e...Boy_Advance.php

It took me literally seconds to find. All you'll need to do is patch the roms. I can probably do something about that later when I'm at my computer.

lXDarksunXl.gif

23730_s.gif

BionicKid

BionicKid

You cannot destroy me...for I am Nothing.

• Team:None...again...

If a Mac can run emulators, they work just fine. Oh look, here's one: http://coolrom.com/e...Boy_Advance.php

It took me literally seconds to find. All you'll need to do is patch the roms. I can probably do something about that later when I'm at my computer.

I've tried that emulator. The games I play end up gettin' stuck at the title screen. Mayhaps if I actually knew more about my computer's operating capabilities, I might be able to figure it out.

Also, how do you "patch" something? Just download the patch and go through the steps?

zmV0c.jpg

League of Legends? Never played.

World of Warcraft? Never played.

Skyrim?

#NeverPlayed

ViolentAnemia

ViolentAnemia

Monster Girl Enthusiast

I've tried that emulator. The games I play end up gettin' stuck at the title screen. Mayhaps if I actually knew more about my computer's operating capabilities, I might be able to figure it out.

Also, how do you "patch" something? Just download the patch and go through the steps?

If you're experiencing that problem, I'm sure someone else did at one point. Search online for a fix for it.

You download the patch and Lunar IPS Patcher. Using Lunar IPS Patcher, you apply the patch to the rom. It's fast and easy, but the Lunar IPS Patcher isn't meant for the Mac, so you'd have to patch it on a PC or have someone else patch it for you.

Edited by ViolentAnemia, 04 March 2014 - 03:24 PM.

lXDarksunXl.gif

23730_s.gif

Lenfried

Lenfried

鮮血に染まれ、花の女王

For those who like rom hacks like this, also check out touhoumon.

RXOUz.png

異怪幻想春冬争

東方妖妖夢想狂

白雲藍紫妖艷式

ViolentAnemia

ViolentAnemia

Monster Girl Enthusiast

For those who like rom hacks like this, also check out touhoumon.

Already covered that. Take a look at the link in the bottom of the OP.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, I updated my team.

I have to say, the Gardevoir sprite is probably the first sprite I've come across in the game that I really don't like. It sucks too, because I still don't want to take her out of the team since she's my Psychic and Electric user. Removing her means that I lose a good chunk of my type coverage, and I'd have to actively search for something that could fill the big gap she would leave. There's also the fact that I already used the 2 TMs I got from Watson, on her.

On the brighter side, I added Absol into my team like I do in every run. I forgot how much of a pain it can be to find a female Absol though. I spent a long time searching and came across 11 damn male Absols in the process. It was worth it though. Absol is a beast.

Also, I like how Swampert is a maid.

lXDarksunXl.gif

23730_s.gif

lightshaver

lightshaver

I have to say, the Gardevoir sprite is probably the first sprite I've come across in the game that I really don't like. It sucks too, because I still don't want to take her out of the team since she's my Psychic and Electric user. 

I totally agree with this.

After completing the first run of trick master house this is where my team stands.

a2u2ar.jpg

e6ulih.jpg

2e2m6n7.jpg

Outside of that just have a hm slave, shedninja and a Miror B. I caught just because. 

I went to the battle tent just to see how sprites look and liked serviper sprite more then I expected.

Edited by lightshaver, 05 March 2014 - 03:43 PM.

Mafia game directory!
Also my sleeve Showcase
Posted Image
Posted Image
ty bae fishy-chan <3

ViolentAnemia

ViolentAnemia

Monster Girl Enthusiast

I totally agree with this.

After completing the first run of trick master house this is where my team stands.

Outside of that just have a hm slave, shedninja and a Miror B. I caught just because. 

I went to the battle tent just to see how sprites look and liked serviper sprite more then I expected.

So, are you going to keep that Kirlia once it evolves? I caved, ditched mine, and replaced it with a Vulpix because Kitsune are awesome.

lXDarksunXl.gif

23730_s.gif

lightshaver

lightshaver

So, are you going to keep that Kirlia once it evolves? I caved, ditched mine, and replaced it with a Vulpix because Kitsune are awesome.

I'm still unsure. I have settled on grovyle and ninjask already. All the other pokemon I'm considering is

Vulpix

Absol

Serviper

Duskull

Zangoose (I will hack it because they just couldn't bring themselves to put it in game)

Tentacruel

Abra (Since I named my kirlia after serene psychic witch I might pick this up, but I'm tempted to just to name something serene that doesn't fit the card)

I might ditch it later, but it will be with me a while longer at least since I'm just at watson.

Mafia game directory!
Also my sleeve Showcase
Posted Image
Posted Image
ty bae fishy-chan <3

ViolentAnemia

ViolentAnemia

Monster Girl Enthusiast

I'm still unsure. I have settled on grovyle and ninjask already. All the other pokemon I'm considering is

Vulpix

Absol

Serviper

Duskull

Zangoose (I will hack it because they just couldn't bring themselves to put it in game)

Tentacruel

Abra (Since I named my kirlia after serene psychic witch I might pick this up, but I'm tempted to just to name something serene that doesn't fit the card)

I might ditch it later, but it will be with me a while longer at least since I'm just at watson.

I guess that's an alright team. The only thing I'd change in mine at this point is that I'll go grab a Shelgon since Salamence is crazy strong.

lXDarksunXl.gif

23730_s.gif

lightshaver

lightshaver

I guess that's an alright team. The only thing I'd change in mine at this point is that I'll go grab a Shelgon since Salamence is crazy strong.

Crazy strong indeed. Only reason I didn't consider it was because I don't think I'll be patience enough to get shelgon to level 50 before the elite 4. I'll see how well the exp is after I get waterfall. Also something I been wondering about this game, Is it possible to have shiny moemon?

Mafia game directory!
Also my sleeve Showcase
Posted Image
Posted Image
ty bae fishy-chan <3

ViolentAnemia

ViolentAnemia

Monster Girl Enthusiast

Crazy strong indeed. Only reason I didn't consider it was because I don't think I'll be patience enough to get shelgon to level 50 before the elite 4. I'll see how well the exp is after I get waterfall. Also something I been wondering about this game, Is it possible to have shiny moemon?

I usually turbo grind train my Pokemon before the elite 4, so Salamence will be no problem.

Yes, there are shiny Moemon. Theyre just as much of a pain to find as usual shinies.

lXDarksunXl.gif

23730_s.gif

Muur

Muur

かわいい

I've seen plenty of these on the Internet and they're usually decent. 

Posted Image

ViolentAnemia

ViolentAnemia

Monster Girl Enthusiast

I've seen plenty of these on the Internet and they're usually decent. 

What do you mean by "these"? You mean the hacks, or the sprites, or just the moe personifications of the Pokemon, or what?

lXDarksunXl.gif

23730_s.gif

Karen<3'sPauli

Karen<3'sPauli

Connoisseur of bad Decks

Too many things to downloaddddddd :c

DRpBAzQ.jpg

~Your Greatest Nightmare~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to the Dueling Network Forums!

To sign in, use your duelingnetwork.com account. If you do not have one, register here.