Photo

When will pendulum summoning/monsters will be on DN?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

judedudemude

judedudemude

Hey Lich, resourceful Idiots are dangerous!

• Veteran Members
  • 1,389 posts
    • Time Online: 73d 1h 3m 42s
  • Facebook:judedudemude
  • Twitter:@AJ The Comedian
  • Youtube:Was banned on YT for anime! PM me about and might get my YT.
  • Team:[LWR] LicheWorldResidents
When will pendulum summoning/monsters will be on DN? I have not heard anything in quite some time (after the "new rules thing" it just got quiet, TOO QUIET!!!)

Any information about this subject will be nice.

OdHKlwK.png

T0noeZn.png

Bryan_Lutra

Bryan_Lutra

Enthusiastic Beast Master

• 1,988 posts
    • Time Online: 168d 20h 11m 55s
  • Team:{FAB}
I assume around the time cards are actually released, or when it comes to TCG

TeJc2zh.jpg?2

^ credit to Stripes

Rasten

Rasten

Ratskin #2

• Veteran Members
  • 560 posts
    • Time Online: 49d 12h 14m 36s

I assume around the time cards are actually released, or when it comes to TCG -Bryan The Valiant Ferret

I believe when its released for TCG entirely (Cards Rules etc)

!Future Ruling Guru! (Work and dedication pay off eventually!)

MpY4FEJ.png

Bryan_Lutra

Bryan_Lutra

• 1,988 posts

I believe when its released for TCG entirely (Cards Rules etc) - Rasten the Valient Rat

Thanks for the clarification~ I had saw that dabestgamer mentioned it would probably be when the TCG creates rules for them, but that was like a month ago.

TeJc2zh.jpg?2

^ credit to Stripes

Rasten

Rasten

Ratskin #2

• Veteran Members
  • 560 posts
    • Time Online: 49d 12h 14m 36s

Thanks for the clarification~ I had saw that dabestgamer mentioned it would probably be when the TCG creates rules for them, but that was like a month ago.

That's my best guess

We will get the official rules and then maybe some cards after. So  DN will likely update when TCG official cards are released AFTER the TCG Official Rules are known.

So it could be anytime. I think it might be the format after the July format is MY personal guess or in between the two.

Ha! I seen what you did there!

Edited by Rasten, 06 April 2014 - 11:25 AM.

!Future Ruling Guru! (Work and dedication pay off eventually!)

MpY4FEJ.png

superal

superal

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • 582 posts
    • Time Online: 15d 3h 3m 37s

Probably when Advent comes out. They won't implement the new rules, but they will give us the cards (Pendulum is worldwide, if they cared about TCG, we wouldn't have had Primal Origins/Starter 2014 out so early). I think they did the same for XYZs as well. They only care about TCG for rulings and banlists.

Edited by superal, 06 April 2014 - 02:04 PM.

tumblr_mce5h3Gy521r4s449o1_500.png

Bryan_Lutra

Bryan_Lutra

• 1,988 posts

Probably when Advent comes out. They won't implement the new rules, but they will give us the cards (Pendulum is worldwide, if they cared about TCG, we wouldn't have had Primal Origins/Starter 2014 out so early). I think they did the same for XYZs as well. They only care about TCG for rulings and banlists.

this is correct the more i think about it. We often forget that OCG has slightly different rules than TCG. Pendulum Summoning may be counterable by solemn in the OCG but not in the TCG for some odd reason, or perhaps there will be some rule about pendulum monsters in the pendulum zone to count as monsters and spells. We don't know yet. Another thing is that the TCG rated matches would be incorrect for a tournament setting since there would be two zones that don't exist yet.

TeJc2zh.jpg?2

^ credit to Stripes

judedudemude

judedudemude

Hey Lich, resourceful Idiots are dangerous!

• Veteran Members
  • 1,389 posts
    • Time Online: 73d 1h 3m 42s
  • Facebook:judedudemude
  • Twitter:@AJ The Comedian
  • Youtube:Was banned on YT for anime! PM me about and might get my YT.
  • Team:[LWR] LicheWorldResidents
Pendulum is on Dev Pro so, it should not be much longer right?

OdHKlwK.png

T0noeZn.png

superal

superal

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • 582 posts

this is correct the more i think about it. We often forget that OCG has slightly different rules than TCG. Pendulum Summoning may be counterable by solemn in the OCG but not in the TCG for some odd reason, or perhaps there will be some rule about pendulum monsters in the pendulum zone to count as monsters and spells. We don't know yet. Another thing is that the TCG rated matches would be incorrect for a tournament setting since there would be two zones that don't exist yet.

Solemn Warning? Solemn Judgment is legal in the OCG and banned in the TCG. And they can be negated by both. (Pendulum is just a 2-card Rekindling, honestly.) 

TCG rated matches wouldn't be a problem because there is a TCG+OCG format, so you really can't blame someone for using/not the Pendulum Zones. If you want to practice for a tournament setting, you use TCG, not TCG+OCG. 

Pendulum monsters are treated as Spells in the Pendulum Zone, monsters anywhere else. That isn't hard to figure out. Simple ruling calls will be made, that really doesn't factor whether we get them early/not. Especially when we have rulings for the Pendulum mechanic. 

Edited by superal, 07 April 2014 - 03:51 PM.

Bryan_Lutra

Bryan_Lutra

• 1,988 posts

Solemn Warning? Solemn Judgment is legal in the OCG and banned in the TCG. And they can be negated by both. (Pendulum is just a 2-card Rekindling, honestly.) 

TCG rated matches wouldn't be a problem because there is a TCG+OCG format, so you really can't blame someone for using/not the Pendulum Zones. If you want to practice for a tournament setting, you use TCG, not TCG+OCG. 

Pendulum monsters are treated as Spells in the Pendulum Zone, monsters anywhere else. That isn't hard to figure out. Simple ruling calls will be made, that really doesn't factor whether we get them early/not. Especially when we have rulings for the Pendulum mechanic.

You ate missing my point. I know the ocg ruling. Bls knows the ocg rulings. The Organization knows the ocg rulings. We don't know the TCG rulings. Rules have been different before and remain to be different between tcg and ocg. DN represents TCG tournament play, and since we don't know the TCG rulings, it can't be put on DN.

TeJc2zh.jpg?2

^ credit to Stripes

superal

superal

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • 582 posts

You ate missing my point. I know the ocg ruling. Bls knows the ocg rulings. The Organization knows the ocg rulings. We don't know the TCG rulings. Rules have been different before and remain to be different between tcg and ocg. DN represents TCG tournament play, and since we don't know the TCG rulings, it can't be put on DN.

I'm pretty sure XYZs were put out a little after Generation Force came out in the OCG, but with little to no rulings. It can certainly be added for TCG+OCG, and just following OCG rulings until it comes to the TCG. DevPro is IIRC TCG based, and they have Pendulums, following the OCG rules.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to the Dueling Network Forums!

To sign in, use your duelingnetwork.com account. If you do not have one, register here.