Photo

Best Spellcaster Spell-Counter Deck Ever? RATE IT!

Magical Exemplar Spell Counters Magician Spellcaster Spellcasters Chaos Synchro Counter

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

Poll: Best Spellcaster Spell-Counter Deck Ever? RATE IT!

My main Spellcaster Spell-Counter build, how does it rate?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

erestor629

erestor629

Honorable Member

• Veteran Members
  • 811 posts
    • Time Online: 26d 2h 5m 34s
My main build I always use, in my opinion, no "spell counter" based decks either on the Internet or seen on Dueling Network compare to my main build below, and of course, I am being far too judgmental, biased and I apologize (but it comes very close to one of the best in my opinion! Haha! ^_^ Any improvements?

Mainly for fun, but can be used in rated/competitive as I use it myself.

Just because it isn't META, don't vote low please, or if you dislike Spellcasters etc and you run something else which OTK's everybody. This build is better then you think it is. It's mainly for fun but it has taken out some popular decks such as Dino-Rabbit.

Most Recent Build
- Spellcaster Spell Counters/Synchro 'Abuse':

Opinions? And remember, this isn't "books of spell" deck, books of spells need their own "Magical" deck. I've created one below my spell counters if interested:

Last updated: 12th April 2013:

Posted Image

Please, opinions? Suggestions? Thoughts and ideas? All are welcomed!

Please give a reason if you've voted, I would appreciate it with any suggestions etc to improve.

Edited by erestor629, 12 April 2013 - 03:11 PM.

What happens after XYZ Monsters? Now Introducing Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V!

http://forum.dueling...r-xyz-monsters/

VSkyU5J.png

arabhunter702

arabhunter702

Honorable Member

• 856 posts
    • Time Online: 24d 11h 30m 11s
spell castas unite <(o_o)>
Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

erestor629

erestor629

Honorable Member

• Veteran Members
  • 811 posts

Is that all you have to say? :( - No suggestions or opinions at all? :o

Very true - Spellcasters unite!!! <_<

VSkyU5J.png

Obscurum

Obscurum

Dr. Feel Good

• Veteran Members
  • 859 posts
    • Time Online: 74d 4h 1s
From my experiences with Counter Casters, they do not meet my expectation of pace. But if you have the patience to set-up I give you props.
Now for my recommendations.

-1 Copycat
-1 Night's End Sorcerer
-1 Royal Magical Library
-1 Miracle Synchro Fusion
-1 Prohibition
-1 Wonder Wand
-1 Compulsory Evacuation Device
-1 Tower of Babel

Now that I've recommended these changes, max out or double your other options and some staples.

+1 Crusader of Endymion
+2 Kycoo the Ghost Destroyer
+2 Mystical Space Typhoon
+1 Solemn Judgment
+2 Solemn Warning

I would recommend some more changes to the remainder, but just work and improve the main. Once your done with the main I can recommend some stuff for side.

Obscurum's Deck Builds

Chaos-Casters // Toys of Thunder

dmg.png

1364705274547_zpsd15a0aa0.gif

jabber2033

jabber2033

• 268 posts
    • Time Online: 8d 18h 11m 12s
I agree with Obscurum's changes, but maybe throw in a trio of Lyla, Lightsworn Sorceress, as well as a Charge of the Light Brigade. Lyla speeds up the deck thinning and also provides more backrow destruction. Charge, of course, grabs your Lyla.

erestor629

erestor629

Honorable Member

• Veteran Members
  • 811 posts

My opinions:

BTW: I'm not worried about the side deck. I never use it/I never do full on matches/best of 3.

TAKE OUTS:

ADD IN:

New build with slight changes - dont complain haha, I've stated reasons in the above. Only changed Lib with Crusader.

VSkyU5J.png

aristogan

aristogan

Crimson Paladin

• 425 posts
    • Time Online: 17d 13h 48m 49s
how well does this deck do?:P

8.jpgwhatcolor_iswhite.jpg

Untitled-7_zpsf93406e9.gif?t=1385137001    slowking.gif

erestor629

erestor629

Honorable Member

• Veteran Members
  • 811 posts
@Aristogan - best way is to build it and find out. It has its good days, and of course, not so good days. But I find it very funny when my opponent sees me play these. It's like they've remembered Spellcasters still exist in yugioh and actually have a fighting chance with a bit of luck too. >.<' XD

The theory is to abuse everything below:
  • Magical Exemplar counters (to mainly summon Night's End and CopyCat).
  • Copycat - stated in the above. Abuse his effect to take out any annoying monsters by summoning from Exemplar each turn/when needed.
  • Oracle of the Sun special summon > then normal Night's End > Synchro for Arcanite or Black Rose for NUKE.
  • Pitch-Black Power Stone, and Endymion field for Tempest burn.
  • Endymion Master Magician to recycle spells. (Not used often, but helpful to reclaim staples).
  • Exemplar + Counters = Abuse Synchro summons.
Everything else just fits/works with that to be honest.

VSkyU5J.png

arabhunter702

arabhunter702

Honorable Member

• 856 posts
    • Time Online: 24d 11h 30m 11s

Is that all you have to say? :( - No suggestions or opinions at all? :o

Very true - Spellcasters unite!!! :lol:

sorry i would its just i have 0 experience with any spell casters at all. maybe another cykoo or what ever his name is idk lol
Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

Taraiph

Taraiph

• 258 posts
    • Time Online: 12d 18h 4m 31s
  • Youtube:Chaoktarukto
SPELL CASTERS UNITE m/(0.o)m/

anyway, yeah. I can't suggest much, but nice to see another counter caster user!
i'd suggest swapping out copycat for burden of thee mighty or solidarity, but that's my opinion.
Ecclesiates 7:10 : "Do not say: 'Why has it happened that the former days proved to be better than these?' for it is not due to wisdom that you have asked about this."
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

erestor629

erestor629

Honorable Member

• Veteran Members
  • 811 posts
I've considered BoTM before in a previous Spellcaster build (which I've deleted long ago) - simply too easily destroyed with a MST, whereas with Copycat, he can be summoned via Magical Exemplar - more possible outcomes/usage to destroy high attack point monsters. After all, if played right, he could battle some of the most feared and annoying monsters there are and do a 1 for 1, sending both a one way trip into the graveyard. E.G. BLS-EotB, Red Eyes Darkness, 5 Head Dragon, Six Sam Shin, etc.

But still, BoTM could be side decked. But I dont often really look into side decking etc.

Solidarity, again, I've considered this in my previous spellcaster build which I've deleted. BTW: I dont just use Spellcasters in this build - situations changes and I may be Number 35, or even Black Rose. Now Solidarity seems a bit useless dont you think? Bond Wand/Wonder Wand in my opinion are better for attack boost.

VSkyU5J.png

Taraiph

Taraiph

• 258 posts

I've considered BoTM before in a previous Spellcaster build (which I've deleted long ago) - simply too easily destroyed with a MST, whereas with Copycat, he can be summoned via Magical Exemplar - more possible outcomes/usage to destroy high attack point monsters. After all, if played right, he could battle some of the most feared and annoying monsters there are and do a 1 for 1, sending both a one way trip into the graveyard. E.G. BLS-EotB, Red Eyes Darkness, 5 Head Dragon, Six Sam Shin, etc.

But still, BoTM could be side decked. But I dont often really look into side decking etc.

Solidarity, again, I've considered this in my previous spellcaster build which I've deleted. BTW: I dont just use Spellcasters in this build - situations changes and I may be Number 35, or even Black Rose. Now Solidarity seems a bit useless dont you think? Bond Wand/Wonder Wand in my opinion are better for attack boost.

both excellent points.
P.S, go full on both wonder and bound. megusta.jpg
Ecclesiates 7:10 : "Do not say: 'Why has it happened that the former days proved to be better than these?' for it is not due to wisdom that you have asked about this."
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

erestor629

erestor629

Honorable Member

• Veteran Members
  • 811 posts

both excellent points.

I know I should go full on these, Bond Wand is literally a Monster Reborn for Spellcasters - AND gives them an attack boost too! :D
Problem is, I have nothing to take out looking at my current build. <_< Side deck is always an option and I do always consider these two when I create spellcaster decks. ^_^

VSkyU5J.png

Taraiph

Taraiph

• 258 posts

both excellent points.

I know I should go full on these, Bond Wand is literally a Monster Reborn for Spellcasters - AND gives them an attack boost too! :D
Problem is, I have nothing to take out looking at my current build. <_< Side deck is always an option and I do always consider these two when I create spellcaster decks. ^_^

definitely side deck at least one.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

erestor629

erestor629

Honorable Member

• Veteran Members
  • 811 posts
I have updated the deck recently. Please take a look, I've posted the new deck in the top post/topic.

VSkyU5J.png

oreopeanutia

oreopeanutia

• 112 posts
    • Time Online: 1d 8h 14m 31s
  • Team:None at the Moment
That's pretty good! 9 out of 10!

How'd you do the poll thing? That's so cool!
Posted Image
It's time for the person who broke Pikachu's ketchup bottle to fess up. Help find this heartless criminal.

jabber2033

jabber2033

• 268 posts
    • Time Online: 8d 18h 11m 12s
Run a 3rd Veiler

And Have you considered Lyla, Lightsworn Sorceress and/or Kycoo the Ghost Destroyer? Lyla provides more backrow destruction, and Kycoo's removal is very nice this format.

If you run Lyla, run 3 and Charge of the Light Brigade. Charge grabs your Lyla from your deck. If you choose to go with Kycoo, throw in an Allure of Darkness as well.

erestor629

erestor629

Honorable Member

• Veteran Members
  • 811 posts

Run a 3rd Veiler

And Have you considered Lyla, Lightsworn Sorceress and/or Kycoo the Ghost Destroyer? Lyla provides more backrow destruction, and Kycoo's removal is very nice this format.

If you run Lyla, run 3 and Charge of the Light Brigade. Charge grabs your Lyla from your deck. If you choose to go with Kycoo, throw in an Allure of Darkness as well.

3rd Veiler? I'm happy with 2. Since Oracle + Night's End gets a light and dark in graveyard for Synchro/BLS.

I originally ran 2 Breaker and 1 Kycoo, you can see it in my 2nd response below main topic, but considering I have 3 Night's End I have enough RFG via summoning with Exemplar. Plus, Kycoo can't RFG the monster it destroyed - limited to monsters too, whereas Night's End isn't. Plus 3 Breaker is back-row and also a nice beat-stick at the same time. Running 3 Breaker is a better chane to combo with Black Spells and Power Grasp, and also field if need be.

Lyla not sure about. Milling 3 is a lot of cost for this build - too much in fact. I would of picked running her at 2 if this Spellcaster deck was more Chaos-y than Spellcounter.

Allure of Darkness? Maybe. Could swap for Shard of Greed I suppose. Do you agree with this swap? However, Shard is a kind of "decoy" in my deck. Draw power is good, but I'd rather have my opponent waste a MST or Heavy on it then my traps/field spell.

That's pretty good! 9 out of 10!

How'd you do the poll thing? That's so cool!

- Thank you. I thought its worth a 9/10 since we dont see many spellcaster decks around which are based on counters anymore. I had a good effort too!
- When you create a post, look at the right-hand side, you will see something called "create poll"/"add a poll".

VSkyU5J.png

erestor629

erestor629

Honorable Member

• Veteran Members
  • 811 posts
Guys, me again, just wondering about your opinions about this:

I've taken out 1 MST and 1 Pitch-Black Power Stone and replaced them with 2 "The Hygromanetei Books of Spell". The reason is because Pitch-Black could become a 'dead draw' and I believe I have enough back-row destruction already, hence the -1 MST. Also, this "BoS" card could possibly give me a free +1000 for 2 turns on a Spellcaster. It's a nice possible shuffle opinion too.

I was thinking about changing the 3 Spell Power Grasps to 'Books of Spell' cards, so instead I've side-decked 3 Grim, 3 Torah and the last Hygro copy along with the MST and Pitch-Black Power Stone. After all, Spell Power Grasp lets me place a counter, whereas the BoS does not, that's why I've kept them.

Thoughts about the change please?
Note: this build is not to be voted upon until I post it in the topic thread post.

Posted Image

VSkyU5J.png

Angel Lord

Angel Lord

Honorable Member

• 781 posts
    • Time Online: 20d 22h 3m 57s
  • Team:The White Knights
I started with a default score of 10.

-1 for the word "Abuse" in the name.
-1 for BLS and SImorgh which are not Spellcasters
-1 for having 2 different fields (inconsistent strategy)
-1 for staple monsters in extra deck unrelated to theme, eg. Brio

Grand total of 6.

erestor629

erestor629

Honorable Member

• Veteran Members
  • 811 posts

Grand total of 6.

I'm sorry to say but your logic is completely wrong.

1) You shouldn't be voting about the info/writing thanks. That's a wrong thing to do. I'm sorry to say but, I only put in the word "Abuse" into the info because it is what the deck does. It brings out Arcanite Magician which "abuses" spell counters for mass destruction.

2) BLS and Dark.S are good cards in this build, even though they are NOT Spellcasters. This deck is able to support them and summon them, they are good cards to use in a Spellcaster deck.

- If you had to choose between Chaos Sorcerer and BLS in this build, what would YOU pick? Which is better? That was my logic into putting BLS in the deck.

3) The field spell cards are useful. Village at 1 since it may backfire but it is still a game changing card. I would probably lose vs Exodia and E-Hero decks without it - Village stops that. Endymion at 2 since its a more important card in the deck.

4) Again, just because Brio isn't related to THEME (Spellcasters), it doesn't mean I cant use it. It is a game-changing card for any deck build. Plus an easy summon via Magical Exemplar and Night's End special summon.

Where have I mentioned this build is 100% Spellcaster? Please tell me.

I think you need to rethink about your post. Just because cards are not Spellcasters, it doesn't mean you should de-mark your sore and they do not support the deck theme - these cards support the build so I have used them.

VSkyU5J.png

ZebraineZ

ZebraineZ

• 14 posts
    • Time Online: 21h 4m 42s

Grand total of 6.

So since the first score doesn't really count...score of 7.
BLS is practically a must in any deck that can handle it and this deck can handle it and use it effectively, but idk about Slmorgh. Score of 8.
2 field cards is a bit iffy but it's only inconsistent if you can't make your mind up. They both suit a purpose and both can be used as a backup if one's destroyed etc, which wouldn't be the case if they clashed.
Extra deck is a matter of opinion but the card still suits a purpose. The whole deck is based around spellcasters NOT exactly 'built' around them. Those cards that are unrelated to the theme if anything are what support it so the should stay.

Take it with a grain of salt but from your post and my reply I'd give the deck at least an 8. And if a person for one reason or another enjoys having 2 field cards and ie Brio in extra then I see no reason not to give a 10.

Angel Lord

Angel Lord

Honorable Member

• 781 posts
    • Time Online: 20d 22h 3m 57s
  • Team:The White Knights

Grand total of 6.

I'm sorry to say but your logic is completely wrong.

1) You shouldn't be voting about the info/writing thanks. That's a wrong thing to do. I'm sorry to say but, I only put in the word "Abuse" into the info because it is what the deck does. It brings out Arcanite Magician which "abuses" spell counters for mass destruction.

2) BLS and Dark.S are good cards in this build, even though they are NOT Spellcasters. This deck is able to support them and summon them, they are good cards to use in a Spellcaster deck.

- If you had to choose between Chaos Sorcerer and BLS in this build, what would YOU pick? Which is better? That was my logic into putting BLS in the deck.

3) The field spell cards are useful. Village at 1 since it may backfire but it is still a game changing card. I would probably lose vs Exodia and E-Hero decks without it - Village stops that. Endymion at 2 since its a more important card in the deck.

4) Again, just because Brio isn't related to THEME (Spellcasters), it doesn't mean I cant use it. It is a game-changing card for any deck build. Plus an easy summon via Magical Exemplar and Night's End special summon.

Where have I mentioned this build is 100% Spellcaster? Please tell me.

I think you need to rethink about your post. Just because cards are not Spellcasters, it doesn't mean you should de-mark your sore and they do not support the deck theme - these cards support the build so I have used them.

1. I never said you said your deck was pure spellcasters.

2. You should take back saying "my logic is completely wrong" because the rating I gave your deck was based on my opinion.

3. And in my opinion having cards unrelated to theme can boost the deck's power, but taints the overall theme. To me, building a deck is like making a work of art, and I would rather keep it "whole" instead of increasing it's "price" but upsetting the balance.

4. Continuing with that idea, the name you give to your deck should also be a part of that "whole" and is also able to be rated. In my opinion.

erestor629

erestor629

Honorable Member

• Veteran Members
  • 811 posts

1. I never said you said your deck was pure spellcasters.

2. You should take back saying "my logic is completely wrong" because the rating I gave your deck was based on my opinion.

3. And in my opinion having cards unrelated to theme can boost the deck's power, but taints the overall theme. To me, building a deck is like making a work of art, and I would rather keep it "whole" instead of increasing it's "price" but upsetting the balance.

4. Continuing with that idea, the name you give to your deck should also be a part of that "whole" and is also able to be rated. In my opinion.

1 - your response doesn't answer my point. My point in my 1st response was: "Just having the word "abuse" in the info doesn't mean you should rank it down" - that is unfair isn't it? It is like saying, you are no "Angle Lord" - maybe you should leave this Forum since I don't like what you've written/chosen as your name.
2 - I do take my point back, however, isn't opinion based on some form of logic or some kind before you make a decision? I hope you take your points back too need I say.
3 - cards unrelated to theme doesn't matter, so long as they support the build and are run-able then it makes the deck have more success as I have more options to counter my opponent in a wide range of ways to do so - without them this is not possible. Anyways, I dont see why you are complaining, the main deck is 80% Spellcaster (-20 due to BLS and D.S) and the Extra is around 60%.
4 - The name of a deck doesn't matter. It can be named anything the creator wishes as long as they remember what it contains.

Now, are you going to say something positive to help the deck run smoother or quicker? Or are you just going to talk about theme and cards that "do not match the Spellcaster theme", even though I have given you justified reasons to why they are included?

VSkyU5J.png

RareHunter

RareHunter

Inzektor Veteran

• Veteran Members
  • 8,225 posts
    • Time Online: 145d 2h 38m 23s
  • Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/adi.goofy
  • Twitter:@adigoofy
6/10. because ma deck better than dis and i can summon Tempest Magician + Arcanite Magician without minus. if such deck like this called best, then what is ma deck called (just see it in My Deck List in Begone, Knave! OTK)? bestest?

Time to fix:

-1 Dark Simorgh (no Call of Hunted, no Armageddon Knight)
-1 Magical Exemplar (too much at 3)
+1 Lyla
+1 Mystical space typhoon
-1 Secret Village of the Spellcasters
+1 Terraforming
side 2x Bottomless Trap Hole
+1 Torrential Tribute
+1 Pitch Black Powerstone (i cant find a slot for da 2nd)
i cant find a slot for Call of Hunted

Extra Deck:
-1 Daigusto Emeral
-1 Iron Chain
+1 Steelswarm roach
+1 Lavalval Chain
  • Lyla, Arcanite, MST r enought to destroy ur opponent's backrow
  • Lavalval chain: to faster dump Endymion to grave, then revive with Call of Hunted
  • Pitch-Black Powerstone: chainable trap, faster way to move spell counter to Citadel or Arcanite
  • Torrential Tribute: if Exemplar has so many counter and your opponent summon a monster dat u cant destroy, activate Torrential and all of ur counter go to Citadel
  • 2x Citadel + 2x Terraform: because if u already have face-up Citadel on field, Terraforming can add another Citadel also add a counter to Citadel

Stop asking Inzektor's Ruling, click banner below to find your answer

9Foab.jpg

MY DECK LIST

298531.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Magical Exemplar, Spell Counters, Magician, Spellcaster, Spellcasters, Chaos, Synchro, Counter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to the Dueling Network Forums!

To sign in, use your duelingnetwork.com account. If you do not have one, register here.