Photo

The soon-to-be Tier 1: Guide to Evilswarm Rabbits

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

hunter_13

hunter_13

• 99 posts
    • Time Online: 4d 18h 36m 56s
Hi, this is my first guide here on DN so i hope its at least readable hehe.
Rescue Rabbit is known for its most infamous variant: Dinno Rabbit. But there is also another variant with the same potential and possibility to be on pair with Dinno Rabbit. Im talkin about Evilswarm Rabbit.

THE MONSTERS:

Posted Image
Rescue Rabbit:
Level: 4
Type: Effect, Beast
Attribute: Earth
Attack: 300 Def: 100

The Key Card. Half the name of the deck comes from this guy, nothing more to say.
Run 3

Posted Image
Tour Guide From the Underworld
Level: 3
Type: Effect, Fiend
Attribute: Dark
Attack: 1000, Def: 600

Another Key card for going into leviair for an already banished rabbit or just going for sangan in case u dont have rescue rabbit in hand.
Run 3

Posted Image
Sangan
Level: 3
Type: Effect, Fiend
Attack: 1000, Def: 600

The little boyfriend of tour guide. It allows to get rabbit on hand or going for leviair with tour guide. You decide what to do.
Run 1

Posted Image
Evilswarm Mandrago
Type: Effect, Plant
Attack 1550, Def 1450
"If your opponent controls more monster(s) than you, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand)."

The best evilswarm monster. Not only is it discard fodder for Evilswarm Bahamut, but it has an awesome effect. Your opponent controls more monsters than you? Drop this guy, then summon a dead in hand Vanilla like evilswarm heliotrope or alexandrite dragon and go for rank 4 exceed. Not only that but, you can also drop out this guy, then Rescue Rabbit, then bring out 2 more level 4's and go for Evilswarm Ouroboros, Shock Ruler or Disigma.
Run 3

Posted Image
Evilswarm Castor
Type: Effect, Warrior
Attack 1750, Def 550
"During the turn this card is Normal Summoned, you can Normal Summon 1 "Verz" monster in addition to your Normal Summon or Set."

Another good evilswarm Monster. You can Normal Summon this card, then Normal Summon another Level 4 Evilswarm monster for a quick XYZ Summon. Also you can Special Summon Evilswarm Mandrago first, then Normal Summon this card and another "Evilswarm" monster to Xyz Summon Evilswarm Ouroboros, Shock Ruler or Disigma.
Run 3

Posted Image
Evilswarm Heliotrope
Type: Normal, Rock
Attack: 1950 Def: 650

Here's a nice card. 1950 attack runs over Thunder King and Doomcailiber Knight, and other 1900 beaters. Being evilswarm gets benefits from the evilswarm support cards, and most of the time its use like rabbit material for going into the evilswarm Bossess, Evilswarm Bahamut and Evilswarm Ophion.
Run 3

Posted Image
Alexandrite Dragon
Type: Normal, Dragon
Attribute: Light
Attack: 2000 Def: 100

This is just a Tech, being a dark deck, Alexandrite purpose is to just bring out Black Luster Soldier. But being lvl 4 rabbit material it can also be used for XYZ summons and also with those 2000 ATK point that can take almost any level 4/rank 4 monster it can be use like a nice beater.
Run 3

Posted Image
Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning
Level: 8
Type: Effect, Warrior
Attribute: Light
Attack: 3000 Def: 2500

This is the reason for running Alexandrite dragon. The infamous BLS, the monster that still people complain about and ask for his banning...one of the boss monsters of the deck that can change duels...
Run 1

THE SUPPORT

Posted Image
Pandemic Contagion Infestation
Quick-play Spell card
"This turn all Evilswarm and Steelswarm monsters you control are unaffected by the effects of other Spell and trap cards."

Evilswarm got his own lance. Fetch it and then play it to avoid all kinds of trouble that might occur for your evilswarm monsters.
Run 1-2, its up to anyone.

Posted Image
Corrosive Contagion Infestation
Trap Card
"Once per turn: You can shuffle 1 Evilswarm or Steelswarm monster from your hand or side of the field into the Deck; add 1 Evilswarm or Steelswarm monster from your Deck to your hand."

The best support card for Evilswarm. Its your monster targeted for an effect like mind control or enemy controller? Shuffle it into your deck, get a new monster and you opp gets nothing. its your monsters gonna get banished by BLS eff or targeted for another monster eff? Shuffle into your deck, get a new monster and waste your opp monster eff. Its your monster about to be destroyed? suffle into your deck and get a new monster, just a recycling process.
Run 1-2

Posted Image
Corrosive Collapse Infestation
Trap Card
"Target 1 Evilswarm monster you control and 2 cards your opponent controls; banish your target and return the opponent's targets to the hand."

Good If you've got the monsters for fuel (something that most of the time you will),his bouncing ability allows you to get through monsters with destruction protection like stardust and zenmainnes.
Run 0-1

THE EXTRA DECK

Posted Image
Evilswarm Ophion
2 Level 4 "Evilswarm" or "Steelswarm" monsters
Rank 4
Type: XYZ, Effect, Dragon
Attack: 2550 Def: 1650
"While this card is face-up on the field with Xyz Material, neither player can Special Summon Level 5 or higher monsters. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; add 1 "Infestation" Spell or Trap Card from your Deck to your hand."

The best Evilswarm boss monster. As soon as its summoned it can get you any infestation spell or trap for a +1, and also is an anti-meta monster that prevents special summoning of level 5 or higher monster. With his 2550 atk can also run over stardust, utopia, laggia, dolkka, and almost any other monster..
Run 3

Posted Image

Evilswarm Ouroboros
3 Level 4 monsters
Rank 4
Attack: 2750 Def: 1950
"Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; activate 1 of these effects. Each of these effects can only be used once while this card is face-up on the field. — Target 1 card your opponent controls; return it to the hand. — Send 1 random card from your opponent's hand to the Graveyard. — Banish 1 card in your opponent's Graveyard."

The trishula of evilswarm archetype. Its supposed to be the big boss of the evilswarm but its not that good, you can go for shock master or disigma instead, but if you think that the conditions are good you can summon Ouroboros and get rid of a card in the field, grave or hand, depends on what you need.
Run 1

Posted Image
Evilswarm Bahamut
2 Level 4 "Evilswarm" or "Steelswarm" monsters
Rank 4
Attack: 2350 Def: 1350
"Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card to target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; discard 1 Evilswarm or Steelswarm monster from your hand, and gain control of the target."

This is boss #2. This card is awesome. You can gain control of ANY face up monster your opponent controls, permanently. Judgment Dragon staring you down? Grab control of him and give ur opp a taste of his own medicine. Black Luster Soldier? Bring his ass over to your side! Laggia its the walking solemn?, bring it to you for be your walkin solemn. Hieratics are too strong? bring them to you and keep ur opp from tributing. Like this, there are too much situations where bahamut can save you.
Run 1-2.

Well, this a general review of the deck, a rabbit variant that is always understimated because of Dinno Rabbit, but i can tell this deck has much consistency and sinergy than Dinnos. All cards work with each other and you never get dead hands/draws. This deck even has more boss monsters, more speed and more power. So i think its a deck that someday will get his true value, i know it cuz almost any duel i have with this deck, my opponents recognize it and some of them tell me that this deck will be Tier 1 some day.
This is not a deck construction theme so dont blame me if there is no decklist, but if you want i can give you one.

And thats how my article ends, feel free to discuss and tell your toughts about the article and the deck.

HUNTER_13

Obscurum

Obscurum

Dr. Feel Good

• Veteran Members
  • 839 posts
    • Time Online: 72d 10h 51m 45s
I've been a fan of Evilswarm back when they were named Verz. Something about their presence feels like they could do so well in the current game. Sadly they're not considered too much. The thing this deck build lags is more hand control then anything else. I've played various builds, but they still lag a bit in hand presence.
Other then that, their Xyz makes them pretty much great in holding control and presence.

Nice Guide.

nacho_team5d

nacho_team5d

Goodbye and Good Luck!

• 1,491 posts
    • Time Online: 78d 19h 14m 30s
evilswarm are dark, so you should add more dark support to the guide (there's plenty)
Posted Image

and now im explaning my emotions to a 15 year old who trolls me

hunter_13

hunter_13

• 99 posts

I've been a fan of Evilswarm back when they were named Verz. Something about their presence feels like they could do so well in the current game. Sadly they're not considered too much. The thing this deck build lags is more hand control then anything else. I've played various builds, but they still lag a bit in hand presence.
Other then that, their Xyz makes them pretty much great in holding control and presence.

Nice Guide.

Yes, youre right, but i think hand control is a problem with pure evilswarm, but with this rabbit variant hand control is not much of a problem. With ophion and corrosive contagion you always get a +1 for you, and Tour guide and rabbit are a +1 without emptying your hand. The only time when your hand could be in problems its when you special summon mandrago, then castor and then another evilswarm. But that move its only used when you are in problems. Something that doesnt happen often because this rabbit variant has a great field control.

evilswarm are dark, so you should add more dark support to the guide (there's plenty)

I know, but the dark support that can be used its the same dark support that can be and its used for other dark decks, so there is no point in mention them. Instead i prefered to mention the evilswarm support, something that can only be used with this deck and are a must for this deck. The other dark support its optional and its up to the players to decide what kind of dark support to use.

SupersonicAnaconda

SupersonicAnaconda

DN HERO

• 1,080 posts
    • Time Online: 9d 9h 9m 10s
  • Team:NRoC
i think they were better last format when more decks used lvl 5+ monsters

Posted Image

Posted Image

TehAGENT

TehAGENT

• 42 posts
    • Time Online: 1d 53m 41s
Tested this. It's awesome.
Aspire to rise, conquer, rule and dominate all of creation. Then burn it all to ashes and start again.

RareHunter

RareHunter

Inzektor Veteran

• Veteran Members
  • 7,678 posts
    • Time Online: 127d 15h 1m 57s
  • Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/adi.goofy
  • Twitter:@adigoofy
Bad guide is Bad

-1 BLS
-3 Mandrago
-3 Alexandrite
+3 Sabersaurus
+2-3 Thunderbird
+2-3 Veiler

Stop asking Inzektor's Ruling, click banner below to find your answer

9Foab.jpg

MY DECK LIST

298531.jpg

Blazermax

Blazermax

• 244 posts
    • Time Online: 13d 5h 49m 12s

Bad guide is Bad

-1 BLS
-3 Mandrago
-3 Alexandrite
+3 Sabersaurus
+2-3 Thunderbird
+2-3 Veiler

Might need more than a baseless statement to say why the guide isn't good.

RareHunter

RareHunter

Inzektor Veteran

• Veteran Members
  • 7,678 posts
    • Time Online: 127d 15h 1m 57s
  • Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/adi.goofy
  • Twitter:@adigoofy
if u dont know what is Verz Laggia, u cant make statement like i said

Stop asking Inzektor's Ruling, click banner below to find your answer

9Foab.jpg

MY DECK LIST

298531.jpg

wolfiejim

wolfiejim

Upupupu

• Veteran Members
  • 4,116 posts
    • Time Online: 266d 22h 44m 29s

Bad guide is Bad

-1 BLS
-3 Mandrago
-3 Alexandrite
+3 Sabersaurus
+2-3 Thunderbird
+2-3 Veiler

Might need more than a baseless statement to say why the guide isn't good.

I like his changes more than the OP's card choices
veiler is a must these days
thunderbird>mandrago
there is a reason this deck is called verz dino in the ocg, it works. and beats inzektors. alot. did i say it beats inzektors?

wolfiejim don't take no guff from no one and asks the hard hitting questions.

From one perspective, heterosexuality is limiting yourself of potential sexual/life partners. So, if one defined life only by the amount of pleasure they could endure in it, it could be seen as irrational.From another perspective, you're talking to a god damned wolf.

"I feast on drama. Suffering is my crack. Humiliation for others my bread and butter"

I love you Mary Brightwood, would you do me the honors of being my waifu?

Blazermax

Blazermax

• 244 posts
    • Time Online: 13d 5h 49m 12s

if u dont know what is Verz Laggia, u cant make statement like i said

I asked why the guide is bad, I didn't ask why another deck/guide is better.

Elation

Elation

• 25 posts
    • Time Online: 1d 52m 3s
He listed the base cards for the deck, not all the tech choices, It's definitely a baseless statement.
Yolo

wolfiejim

wolfiejim

Upupupu

• Veteran Members
  • 4,116 posts

He listed the base cards for the deck, not all the tech choices, It's definitely a baseless statement.

base cards for the soon to be TCG verz laggia
verz thunderbird
effect veiler
wabbits
verz nilla
sabersarus
verz castor
verz lancing card and maybe thats even a tech
tour guide and palls

From one perspective, heterosexuality is limiting yourself of potential sexual/life partners. So, if one defined life only by the amount of pleasure they could endure in it, it could be seen as irrational.From another perspective, you're talking to a god damned wolf.

"I feast on drama. Suffering is my crack. Humiliation for others my bread and butter"

TehAGENT

TehAGENT

• 42 posts
    • Time Online: 1d 53m 41s
I'll have to agree with the Alexandrite thing. In my build I originally used Sabersaurus, but I'm testing Artorigus now, which let's you Xyz into Blade Armor Ninja and Excalibur. Not as good as Laggia, but it Excalibur helps to get over big things that the deck can struggle with. BAN is self-explanatory.
Aspire to rise, conquer, rule and dominate all of creation. Then burn it all to ashes and start again.

hunter_13

hunter_13

• 99 posts

Bad guide is Bad

-1 BLS
-3 Mandrago
-3 Alexandrite
+3 Sabersaurus
+2-3 Thunderbird
+2-3 Veiler

Besides the good answers that other people gave to you.... this isnt a Dinno Guide and it hasnt any relation with dinnos. This is an evilswarm rabbit guide, as simple as that. If you wanna make a dinno rabbit or a dino verz guide go on then... but this guide doesnt have to do anything with dinnos...maybe you forgot to read the title where it says clearly Evilswarm rabbit....

taproot

taproot

Dudley Emperor

• Veteran Members
  • 2,551 posts
    • Time Online: 41d 3h 43m 6s
  • Team:Team Elemental Mistress

Bad guide is Bad

-1 BLS
-3 Mandrago
-3 Alexandrite
+3 Sabersaurus
+2-3 Thunderbird
+2-3 Veiler

Besides the good answers that other people gave to you.... this isnt a Dinno Guide and it hasnt any relation with dinnos. This is an evilswarm rabbit guide, as simple as that. If you wanna make a dinno rabbit or a dino verz guide go on then... but this guide doesnt have to do anything with dinnos...maybe you forgot to read the title where it says clearly Evilswarm rabbit....

He also didn't say he was running Evilswarm Dragons, yet Alexandrite is still there.

Here are the reasons your selections are bad.

Alexandrite doesn't add enough to the deck to make it worth running. Sure it lets you get BLS, but Veiler fills that function better. As for Xyz, it only gets you the Sacred Xyz, and while those are nice, the Dino Xyz are better, and Extra Deck space is tight, so running both isn't an option.

Mandrago doesn't contribute anything that Castor can't do better. Thunderbird, on the other hand, offers protection, something the deck would lack otherwise.

You didn't even mention RotA as a search engine for Castor. You forgot to put cards that Evilswarm Rabbits can side effectively that other decks can't (and there are a lot of them). Plus, all in all, it's not really a guide. It's pretty much reiterating the effects of the cards listed, not going into any of their basic combos an playstyles.

hunter_13

hunter_13

• 99 posts

Bad guide is Bad

-1 BLS
-3 Mandrago
-3 Alexandrite
+3 Sabersaurus
+2-3 Thunderbird
+2-3 Veiler

He also didn't say he was running Evilswarm Dragons, yet Alexandrite is still there.

Alexandrite doesn't add enough to the deck to make it worth running. Sure it lets you get BLS, but Veiler fills that function better. As for Xyz, it only gets you the Sacred Xyz, and while those are nice, the Dino Xyz are better, and Extra Deck space is tight, so running both isn't an option.

Mandrago doesn't contribute anything that Castor can't do better. Thunderbird, on the other hand, offers protection, something the deck would lack otherwise.

You didn't even mention RotA as a search engine for Castor. You forgot to put cards that Evilswarm Rabbits can side effectively that other decks can't (and there are a lot of them). Plus, all in all, it's not really a guide. It's pretty much reiterating the effects of the cards listed, not going into any of their basic combos an playstyles.

veiler doesnt have any space in the deck, sure you can run sabersaurus if you want but i prefer to run alexandrite dragon to go into BLS, something that with sabersaurus you wont get.

Mandrago its an XYZ spammer, it allows you to have 2 or even 3 monsters all the time, this deck is quick so it needs it. Thunderbird can add protection but slows down the deck, and you dont even need his eff having the infestation support...

Rota can be a search engine for castor but you wont add a card for a single monster.... and there are better options and staples to get then a Rota for getting castor..

wolfiejim

wolfiejim

Upupupu

• Veteran Members
  • 4,116 posts

Bad guide is Bad

-1 BLS
-3 Mandrago
-3 Alexandrite
+3 Sabersaurus
+2-3 Thunderbird
+2-3 Veiler

veiler doesnt have any space in the deck, sure you can run sabersaurus if you want but i prefer to run alexandrite dragon to go into BLS, something that with sabersaurus you wont get.

Mandrago its an XYZ spammer, it allows you to have 2 or even 3 monsters all the time, this deck is quick so it needs it. Thunderbird can add protection but slows down the deck, and you dont even need his eff having the infestation support...

Rota can be a search engine for castor but you wont add a card for a single monster.... and there are better options and staples to get then a Rota for getting castor..

fast effects > monster spam

Anthony Stark

Anthony Stark

• 262 posts
    • Time Online: 4d 1h 31m 57s
so much potential with this deck. BUT it all largely depends on weither rescue rabbit will be smacked in the face by the BANHAMMAAARR! before we even get verz. And honestly I believe it will be smacked to 1 before we ever get this. (I know its "evilswarm" but to be frank that just sounds stupid so im gonna call it verz).
No, Tony Stark plays yugioh. Not pokemon. I run a multi-million dollar company. I don't have time for IV breeding and EV training.

lolnopound1

lolnopound1

Elite Member

• Banned
  • 3,682 posts

so much potential with this deck. BUT it all largely depends on weither rescue rabbit will be smacked in the face by the BANHAMMAAARR! before we even get verz. And honestly I believe it will be smacked to 1 before we ever get this. (I know its "evilswarm" but to be frank that just sounds stupid so im gonna call it verz).

Because Rescue Rabbit is a problem card :)

(I'm obviously joking)

wolfiejim

wolfiejim

Upupupu

• Veteran Members
  • 4,116 posts

Because Rescue Rabbit is a problem card :angry:

(I'm obviously joking)

weird thing is rabbit is a problem card :/ its like mrs tour in the sense that it is a +1 into a +0

lolnopound1

lolnopound1

Elite Member

• Banned
  • 3,682 posts
No, it's just Tour Guide

Dark Riku

Dark Riku

Master Chief - Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,923 posts
    • Time Online: 26d 17h 26m 39s
Hmm.....me get ideas on how to run this main and the side now. You only really need a min of four lights in the main to make BLS live enough to play. I could see some form of it working.

Posted Image
If you are a Christian and not afraid to admit it, copy and paste this in your sig! God FTW!

shadowgarm

shadowgarm

• 4 posts
    • Time Online: 3h 52m 11s
I use this deck all the time and my build is almost flawless. I went up against a lightsworn, chaos, etc and almost never lose. The true power of Evilswarm is that getting an XYZ takes little to no effort if you know what you're doing. Pandemic Contagion Infestation, abuse it. If you want to see my deck just ask. Rescue rabbit is not a problem card because you can use it as a scapegoat and use it to help get xyz later like ouroborus.

tsukichan95

tsukichan95

Queen Madolche Tiaramisu commands you to scoop

• Veteran Members
  • 1,787 posts
    • Time Online: 23d 10h 6m 23s
  • Team:Don't need one

Bad guide is Bad

-1 BLS
-3 Mandrago
-3 Alexandrite
+3 Sabersaurus
+2-3 Thunderbird
+2-3 Veiler

Have to agree on this.
Alexandrite will not get you a Type-specific stronger Xyz, if you want BLS then Veiler and Utopia can fill for the Lights.
I think there's a Light Warrior vanilla card that you might want to try.

FUSjAVp.jpg

Some Pics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to the Dueling Network Forums!

To sign in, use your duelingnetwork.com account. If you do not have one, register here.