Photo

Solved  Atlantean Armsman

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic

Rifall

Rifall

• 2 posts
    • Time Online: 41m 3s
I recently had the mispleasure of facing GWL who ran duplicates of this card. He had 2 on the field at once.

The effect is this: "While this card is face-up, once per turn during your Main Phase you can Normal Summon a Level 4 or lower Sea Serpent-Type monster in addition to your Normal Summon or Set per turn. When this card is sent to the Graveyard to activate the effect of a WATER monster: Target 1 face-up card your opponent controls; destroy that target."

I said that even if there are 2 on the field, since the effect is continuous and it says "once per turn", he still only gets 1 additional summon. He thought he was entitled to 2 since he wanted to activate one and then activate the other. He kept using "rescue rabbit" as an example even though one is continuous and one is an ignition effect which work differently. Yugioh wiki and yugico.com didn't have anything on this.

Please clarify so we can get this ruling clear.

Tsunayoshi

Tsunayoshi

Elite Member

• Banned
  • 3,940 posts

I recently had the mispleasure of facing GWL who ran duplicates of this card. He had 2 on the field at once.

The effect is this: "While this card is face-up, once per turn during your Main Phase you can Normal Summon a Level 4 or lower Sea Serpent-Type monster in addition to your Normal Summon or Set per turn. When this card is sent to the Graveyard to activate the effect of a WATER monster: Target 1 face-up card your opponent controls; destroy that target."

I said that even if there are 2 on the field, since the effect is continuous and it says "once per turn", he still only gets 1 additional summon. He thought he was entitled to 2 since he wanted to activate one and then activate the other. He kept using "rescue rabbit" as an example even though one is continuous and one is an ignition effect which work differently. Yugioh wiki and yugico.com didn't have anything on this.

Please clarify so we can get this ruling clear.

I may be mistaken, but it could be like that Karakuri Princess. I'll go in detail on that in just a moment while I refamilarize myself with the effect.

Yeah, its like Karakuri Ninishi. You do not gain an additional normal summon per copy of Ninishi, and its continuous effect is the same as Armsman.

Posted Image

Posted Image

KonRemnant

KonRemnant

あなたの世界を伝える

• 286 posts
    • Time Online: 19d 11h 17m 31s
  • Team:[SX] Schenix
Atlantean Armsman's effect will not stack.
My best reasoning behind this would be that additional normal summons do not stack.

Edit: Hope noone caught my little fail moment there << >>

Posted Image Posted Image

aiwotorimodose

aiwotorimodose

Blue Mage Apprentice

• 1,720 posts
    • Time Online: 47d 8h 38m 19s
It's the same text as constellar leonis. The effect doesn't stack, you only gain 1 additional summon per turn no matter on how many atlantean armed soldier you control.

Posted Image

Neodude

Neodude

Saiyajin Hokage - Combo Master

• 261 posts
    • Time Online: 13d 2h 9m 2s
This card looks really nice, I wanna use it already.
Posted Image
Posted Image
*Thanks to Releane for designing the sigs*

I Am a Mod

I Am a Mod

Honorable Member

• 1,058 posts
    • Time Online: 21d 1h 20m 24s
  • Team:[TFS] The Flip Side

It's the same text as constellar leonis. The effect doesn't stack, you only gain 1 additional summon per turn no matter on how many atlantean armed soldier you control.

Constellar leonis says "(You can only gain this effect once per turn.)"
Same for ninishi.
Posted Image

le sig

Tsunayoshi

Tsunayoshi

Elite Member

• Banned
  • 3,940 posts

Constellar leonis says "(You can only gain this effect once per turn.)"
Same for ninishi.

So does Armsman.

Using Ninishi or Leonis for the ruling standard still gives the right answer.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I Am a Mod

I Am a Mod

Honorable Member

• 1,058 posts

So does Armsman.

o sorry lol

>.>
Posted Image

le sig

Miror B.

Miror B.

Master of SWOG

• Chat Moderator
  • 9,389 posts
    • Time Online: 224d 12h 30m 22s

So does Armsman.

o sorry lol

>.>

He didn't copy/paste it all.

While this card is face-up on the field, once per turn during your Main Phase, you can Normal Summon a Level 4 or lower Sea Serpent-Type monster in addition to your Normal Summon or Set. (You can only gain this effect once per turn.) When this card is sent to the Graveyard for the activation of a WATER monster's effect: Target 1 face-up card your opponent controls; destroy that target.

http://yugioh.wikia....n_Armed_Soldier

About Miror

Think about this for a bit:

'DN experience' indicates how much sensual pleasure you give to your partner. If you play with your deck well, and give the other person a good time, then everyone can get a good experience out of it.

Tsunayoshi

Tsunayoshi

Elite Member

• Banned
  • 3,940 posts

So does Armsman.

o sorry lol

>.>

He didn't copy/paste it all.

While this card is face-up on the field, once per turn during your Main Phase, you can Normal Summon a Level 4 or lower Sea Serpent-Type monster in addition to your Normal Summon or Set. (You can only gain this effect once per turn.) When this card is sent to the Graveyard for the activation of a WATER monster's effect: Target 1 face-up card your opponent controls; destroy that target.

http://yugioh.wikia....n_Armed_Soldier

Point proven overkill at this point. Even without the clause in parenthesis, the effect itself already says the additional summon is once per turn. Using prior examples that have already been ruled, you could figure out without being told explicitly that you can only get one more normal summon and not just turn normal summons into another special summon mechanic.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I Am a Mod

I Am a Mod

Honorable Member

• 1,058 posts

Point proven overkill at this point. Even without the clause in parenthesis, the effect itself already says the additional summon is once per turn. Using prior examples that have already been ruled, you could figure out without being told explicitly that you can only get one more normal summon and not just turn normal summons into another special summon mechanic.

Nope. If it didnt have the clause in parathensis, the effect could be used as many times as the guy has Armsmans.
Posted Image

le sig

Tsunayoshi

Tsunayoshi

Elite Member

• Banned
  • 3,940 posts

Nope. If it didnt have the clause in parathensis, the effect could be used as many times as the guy has Armsmans.

Really? Here I thought that prior prescient would put a ruling in place that would essentially remove the need for that clause

Posted Image

Posted Image

I Am a Mod

I Am a Mod

Honorable Member

• 1,058 posts

Really? Here I thought that prior prescient would put a ruling in place that would essentially remove the need for that clause

It wouldnt be a game mechanic and that ruling would be BS.
Posted Image

le sig

Tsunayoshi

Tsunayoshi

Elite Member

• Banned
  • 3,940 posts

It wouldnt be a game mechanic and that ruling would be BS.

True. I'd see myself bitching over it being BKSS even it was right.

Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to the Dueling Network Forums!

To sign in, use your duelingnetwork.com account. If you do not have one, register here.