Photo

[HELP] Dark Magician/Dark Paladin deck

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Yugi the Chosen One

Yugi the Chosen One

• 5 posts
    • Time Online: 1d 14h 5m 1s
Hello my fellow Duelists! I am Yugi, and I know that is not the appropriate time to introduce myself, but here I am XD!!!

Well, let's go right on the point: I need help to build a competitive Dark Magician/Dark Paladin deck, and God, I know it is nearly impossible with the current meta. I have a lot of issues with the summoning of Dark Paladin, which I think it does not have consistency. Well, time to show my deck!

Posted Image

Main Deck (x40)

Monsters (x20):
2x Dark Magician
1x Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning
2x Buster Blader
2x Effect Veiler
3x Elemental HERO Prisma
1x Flamvell Magician
1x Gorz the Emissary of Darkness
3x King of the Swamp
1x Plaguespreader Zombie
2x Summoner Monk
2x Vylon Prism

Spells (x14):
1x Dark Hole
1x Dark Magic Curtain
1x Heavy Storm
2x Magical Dimension
1x Monster Reborn
2x Mystical Space Typhoon
3x Polymerization
1x Pot of Avarice
2x Pot of Duality

Traps (x6):
2x Call of the Haunted
1x Mirror Force
1x Solemn Judgment
2x Solemn Warning

Side Deck (x15):
2x Dark Magician Girl
1x Jinzo
2x Skilled Dark Magician
1x Double Summon
2x Gold Sarcophagus
2x Secret Village of the Spellcasters
1x Terraforming
2x Bottomless Trap Hole
2x Magician's Circle

Extra Deck (x15):
3x Dark Paladin
1x Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
1x Scrap Dragon
1x Stardust Dragon
1x Thought Ruler Archfiend
2x Daigusto Emeral
2x Lavalval Chain
1x Magi Magi Magician Gal
1x Number 11: Big Eye
2x Number 39: Utopia

This is what I could bring. As I said before, I am trying to make this deck competitive and have consistency. I don't know if it's possible to make this deck beat any deck of the current meta (and I mean Dark Worlds, Samurais, Ninjas, Inzektors all that meta stuff). Sometimes a godly hand appears, but most of the time my monsters are busted and my strategy get buried. I want some help to fix this deck, or even remake it from the beginning, keeping the key cards.

Well, suggestions are welcome!!!

ican

ican

• 139 posts
    • Time Online: 4d 21h 11m 38s
if you play syncro too, there is a card that when this card is use as syncro material, you can add Polymerization,
sorry forget the name

TwilightPhoenix10

TwilightPhoenix10

• 294 posts
    • Time Online: 5d 10h 47m 45s
try using skilled dark magician and skilled white magician along with magical citadale of endymon and pitch black power stone.
Even if I lose i win. I am the Phoenix when i die i am reborn from the ashes of defeat even stronger than before.

Yoh_Komori

Yoh_Komori

Elite Member

• Veteran Members
  • 1,785 posts
    • Time Online: 26d 17h 32m 38s

if you play syncro too, there is a card that when this card is use as syncro material, you can add Polymerization,
sorry forget the name

Synchro fusionist.

Your deck needs work but I think I have a couple of solutions. If you go here to my old deck gallery, there is various takes on dark magician related and dark paladin specific deck ideas, but I think these may help you.

link 1
link 2
link 3
link 4

links 1 and 2 are DP related decks(one pure one spliced with hero beat) links 3 and 4 are more straight up DM/ DMG related. between looking at the 4 decks listed on those links, and looking back at your own I am sure you can rebuild into a much more solid base. If you can't your own though, LMK and I will see what I can do for you deck.

Yugi the Chosen One

Yugi the Chosen One

• 5 posts
Okay, so here are the changes on my deck. Can't say if it works properly, because I haven't tested these little changes. When I test it I'll come back and tell you guys how the deck runs now.
Posted Image

Changes:
Main Deck:

- 1x Plaguespreader Zombie
- 1x Flamvell Magician
- 1x Buster Blader
- 1x Dark Magic Curtain

+ 2x Synchro Fusionist
+ 1x Elemental HERO Woodsman
- 1x Super Polymerization

Side Deck:

- 1x Double Summon

+ 1x Dark Magic Curtain

Extra Deck:

- 1x Lavalval Chain
- 1x Number 39: Utopia

+ 1x Steelswarm Roach
+ 1x Dragon Knight Draco-Equiste

anziliero12

anziliero12

Veteran Member

• 337 posts
    • Time Online: 7d 16h 1m 39s
Well i dont know how to make a fusion foucused deck with sychron monsters (and turners)
But i wuold recomend a citidel deck with 3 toon tablets of conteent (to get 3 counters on monsters that get counters when a spell is played i think the skilled magicians do) Also i dont like Poly at 3 ( u have woodsman to get it from the grave). but im not good with decks that foucus on normal monsters (exept neo-spaceans and VWXYZ)
ill try to make one and tell ya how it goes (if u tink my oppinion is rong, i never played DM to know) :)

saninorochimaru

saninorochimaru

Epindary

• Veteran Members
  • 2,096 posts
    • Time Online: 81d 12h 40m 53s
  • Youtube:saninorochimaru2
  • Team:Too busy hugging Whimsicott, so none
Use de-fusion to troll utopia

saninorochimaru-1299.png Whimsicott_BW.gif
official_spectrobe_by_otakucyrus-d50oei8344ppqf.png
sanin10.png

Yugi the Chosen One

Yugi the Chosen One

• 5 posts
Well, just tested this deck in 9 duels. Result: in 3 duels, the guys quitted when I Synchro either Scrap Dragon or Thought Ruler Archfiend. And in the other 6, I lost miserably. So yeah, it didn't work XD! Well, can't wait to see what anziliero have to show!

TwilightPhoenix10

TwilightPhoenix10

• 294 posts
    • Time Online: 5d 10h 47m 45s
If your trump card is going to be Dark Paladin then you should try to make your deck focus on summoning him, i recommend using the citadale build with skilled black and white magicians. this build should make it easier to summon him (it might not be very fast but it is efficient if you build it write) :)
Even if I lose i win. I am the Phoenix when i die i am reborn from the ashes of defeat even stronger than before.

Yugi the Chosen One

Yugi the Chosen One

• 5 posts

If your trump card is going to be Dark Paladin then you should try to make your deck focus on summoning him, i recommend using the citadale build with skilled black and white magicians. this build should make it easier to summon him (it might not be very fast but it is efficient if you build it write) :)

But I already tried it, and no results TT.TT! Daigusto Emeral, Prisma and King of the Swamp make it even more quick. Besides this, I can't counter attack the opponent. My hand sometimes sucks a lot, and I don't get the cards I need. I don't know if I change Pot of Duality for Cardcar D or Maxx "C" for a draw engine, but I want to keep the 14-card limit for spells. I guess I have to cut down the limit to 12 cards.

Yoh_Komori

Yoh_Komori

Elite Member

• Veteran Members
  • 1,785 posts
    • Time Online: 26d 17h 32m 38s
if your going straight up paladin, then don`t focus on the magician route. sure he has mroe support, but you can run a ROTA for buster blader that even can double as a TWRA to fetch him from grave.

try something like this

2 buster blader
3 king of the swamp
2 elemental hero prisma
2 elemental hero neos ailus
1 elemental hero stratos
2 elemental Hero bubbleman
2 rose warrior of revenge
2 summoner monk
2 effect veiler

2 super poly
0-2 mask change(optional, as zero can make acid, and in a pinch a spent BB + a hero can make gaia who can make daian)
3 miracle fusion
2 polymerization
2 emblem of dragon destroyer
2 E emergency call
0-2 salvage( get kings and bubblem men back)
1 ROTA
1 reborn
1 heavy
1 hole
1 mind control

1 solemn

some staple traps like COTH, warning, BTH, safe zone , decree, bribe ect.... make it a 40 or 37-8 and add 2-3 duality and it`s like bubble beat with paladian splashed.

BUT if your totally stuck on going with spellcasters then try something more like this.

3 Dark magician
3 elemental hero prisma
3 king of the swamp
2 elemental hero bubbleman
1 elemental hero stratos
2 dark magician girl
3 Gravekeeper's spy
1 Gravekeeper's guard
1-2 night's end sorceror

2 poly
2 super poly
2 miracle fusion
1 book moon
2 lance
2 a hero lives
2 E-emergency call
1 reborn
1 heavy
1 hole
1-2 sages stone
1 dark magic curtain

2 magician's circle
3 CED

that could work as well, but both are just theory...I`d like to think 10 years of testing just such wacky fusion decks would account for me knowing what I am talking about when it comes to decks like this though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to the Dueling Network Forums!

To sign in, use your duelingnetwork.com account. If you do not have one, register here.