Photo

What happens after XYZ Monsters? Pendulum Summon Confirmed!

Zexal Duel Monsters Fusion Synchro XYZ Exceed

• Please log in to reply
554 replies to this topic

NMx13

NMx13

• 9 posts
    • Time Online: 1d 21h 29m 32s

I think after Zexal, Yu-Gi-Oh ends. I've seen alot more popularity with Vanguard these days.

Dude really? Ok ok, yugioh might come to end, but the reason is NOT Card Vanguard definitely... I mean it is whole different game, and meant for younger people.

Those men playing with their decks~

SpectralMaliceX

SpectralMaliceX

Veteran Member

• 302 posts
    • Time Online: 23d 2h 10m 6s
The idea I came up with would be fun.

Transmogrify, which are summoned from the extra deckby tributing one or monster of a specific attribute or type when a spell card is played, they would be a turquoise color.

Blackflame Phoenix - Eyel.
Type: Winged-beast/transmogrification.
Level: 11
Attribute: Dark
ATK/DEF: 3600/2700
3 dark monsters when a quickplay spell is activated during your turn. If this card is destroyed by battle or card effect banish 1 dark monster to special summon this card during the end phase.

RaAV4O6.png

The time is out
of joint: O cursed spite. That ever I was born to set it right!

yugiho20

yugiho20

~ Hollowfication Mode ~

• Veteran Members
  • 3,291 posts
    • Time Online: 77d 9h 15m 54s
  • Team:[TD] The Dominators

I think after Zexal, Yu-Gi-Oh ends. I've seen alot more popularity with Vanguard these days.

dude your so gonna be defeated in a duel against me because i hate people who hat yugioh and vanguard has no story or al least most people dident get it but yugioh is the best do you guys agree?

AXTguIy.png

uchiha_sasuke_sig_by_pinkbear0711-d4l2w6

BMv9EUB.png

limiovertopclearmind

limiovertopclearmind

• 40 posts
    • Time Online: 3d 13h 47m 2s
I think the newest type of card would require a dice it would be a spell card that is similar to fusion using 2 or more monster but the player roll a dice and summon monster who's level is equal to the number of dice rolled. And monster higher than 6 would require 2 dice. That sounds nothing like konami would do but it is a possibility

Edited by limiovertopclearmind, 01 January 2013 - 12:03 AM.

erestor629

erestor629

Honorable Member

• Veteran Members
  • 873 posts
    • Time Online: 33d 1h 12m 44s

dude your so gonna be defeated in a duel against me because i hate people who hat yugioh and vanguard has no story or al least most people dident get it but yugioh is the best do you guys agree?

If serious:

The user never actually stated that they "hat" ("hate"?) yugioh. The comment suggests that YuGiOh has been on for so long it is now barely possible to continue it - to re-invent the game which stays true to the original concept.

If there isn't a change, depending on the product, believe it or not it may get boring. Remember hamachi things or something - the big create craze on an Ipod like device? How about Crazy Bones? They got old, and are no longer AS popular as other products (in my opinion at least) - they re-invented themselves but it never really as a success.

Take a look at GX for example, from a fan of the original since the beginning, it was hard to accept this new protagonist with rather... strange hair. Anyways,

All products end unless they can't be re-invented (in most cases). For example, the Ipad. Now there's an Ipad Mini - it's been re-invented for those who want it to be smaller and slimmer - a new target audience is now born and the product can continue. In YuGiOh's case, it's the "spin offs" - GX, 5Ds and Zexal.

Each introduce a new thing, which makes the product interesting.

Now please guys, don't come to conclusions or hate on people's opinions in this topic. Just because someone disagrees with you and your views doesn't mean you're right, or they are in-fact. Remember to take time to comment and think before you post. - Just sayin' k?

My post wasn't intentionally meant to be this long... whoops. XD I'd just like to say, WOW, this topic, never thought it would get this big. Thanks for all the comments and opinions guys and girls, looking forward to new ideas in the future!

Bonus:

275px-FairyWind-TF04-JP-VG.png

Fairy Wind for game? GG.

(one of the best designs of artwork in the game, or so in my opinion).

KaSlaps

KaSlaps

Hieratic's Son, Dragon Overlord of Chibiopolis

• Veteran Members
  • 2,593 posts
    • Time Online: 135d 18h 8m 13s
I think they could eventually make some messed up Xyz-Synchro monsters. Going by the popularity of both, it is possible.
Using Xyz Tuners + Xyz Non Tuners as Synchro Material for a summon or something. Don't know how it would work, but it would be insanely weird.
Would probably gain effects depending on the number of overlay units sent to the grave for it.

But as mentioned above, Zexal could well be the end of YuGiOh. I don't see the TV series getting much further than it's already gone. That, and it seems they're running low on distinct colours for card types.
Slightly off topic, Pokemon will probably reach its end around the same time. Neither hold much more potential as they stand, they'll be running extremely thin on ideas (more so than already) if they make anything else.

Edited by KaSlaps, 01 January 2013 - 05:30 PM.

erestor629

erestor629

Honorable Member

• Veteran Members
  • 873 posts

But as mentioned above, Zexal could well be the end of YuGiOh. I don't see the TV series getting much further than it's already gone. That, and it seems they're running low on distinct colours for card types.
Slightly off topic, Pokemon will probably reach its end around the same time. Neither hold much more potential as they stand, they'll be running extremely thin on ideas (more so than already) if they make anything else.

Pokemon: Rainbow Edition.

Oh god - WHY? XD

Completely agree, however, it would be interesting to see what actually happens next. The 10th Anniversary I thought would of been the end, well, it was in a way. Everything which came after I imagine never actually happened. XD Haha! I don't have anything against Zexal, it's just targeted for a new audience - a young audience. That was how the show was re-invented to gain a new fanbase/ to continue the game and it's sales.

But like I said, it would be very interesting to see whats install for the future. They do have Malefic monsters or something, from the movie. But like in my OP, I believe they're just a "one-off" for T.V.

Edited by erestor629, 01 January 2013 - 05:43 PM.

Fairy Wind for game? GG.

The ErosionSeeker

The ErosionSeeker

So break my heart, break my destiny, and burn my body

• Veteran Members
  • 2,408 posts
    • Time Online: 235d 8h 25m 23s
  • Team:[FAB] Dreams of Faded Reality
they should go back and make the Duel Terminal thing an anime.

having all the types of summons in one giant story would be epic.

skullvarnish

skullvarnish

Maybe some day

• Retired Staff
  • 8,729 posts
    • Time Online: 165d 8h 18m 17s
  • Team:None
I don't feel like they need to introduce a new type of card every like 3-4 years. GX introduced no new types of cards and Yugioh continued to grow in popularity. They could take a break from a new type, and maybe go back and give Rituals some attention, or maybe give some equal attention to Rituals, Fusions, Synchros, and Xyzes.

Are you serious? I am the best player in the game today. I started out with a Kuriboh as my boss monster, and have since climbed up the ladder of success. I am willing to break my back having to carry a team. Some say that there is no "I" in 'team," but what if I am the entire team? I'll carry this team across the river, to Victory Island. We'll pull out the champagne, with the ladies surrounding us. With a cigar in my mouth, I'll deliver the final speech. Our pilgrimage is complete. Our lives are over. The perpetual euphoria has been reached. The impossible has happened. You ask yourself if what has just transpired can possibly be real. I am no miracle worker, but I do have heart. And sometimes with a little bit of heart and some imagination, the world is yours for the taking. -Inflation

Holy shit skullvarnish, give me classes on how to burn the fuck out of people like that PLEASE

Epic Win

Epic Win

A certain scientific Reporter of Fantasy

• 3,035 posts
    • Time Online: 123d 10h 1m 16s
  • Team:[DLLR] D.O.L.L.A.R.S.

Dude really? Ok ok, yugioh might come to end, but the reason is NOT Card Vanguard definitely... I mean it is whole different game, and meant for younger people.

Lol no, Vanguard is meant for Teenagers.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Thank you danna <3

Snoop Lion.: I never knew people can be this mentally delayed.
Snoop Lion.: DNF is a great example though.

NeoSwordsmanZ

NeoSwordsmanZ

D.D. Swordsman

• Veteran Members
  • 1,185 posts
    • Time Online: 116d 10h 30m 3s
  • Youtube:http://www.youtube.com/user/NeoSwordsmanZ

I don't feel like they need to introduce a new type of card every like 3-4 years. GX introduced no new types of cards and Yugioh continued to grow in popularity. They could take a break from a new type, and maybe go back and give Rituals some attention, or maybe give some equal attention to Rituals, Fusions, Synchros, and Xyzes.

I'd like for some Ritual/Fusion decks to become relevant that aren't named Gishki, E-HERO, or Gem-Knight to a lesser extent(nothing against those btw).

Nayrusig_zpsc08e5f26.png

The Dimension Drifting Swordsman

p0aar8R.gif

6e1.gif

"They see me rollin
They hatin
Patrolling they tryin to catch me ridin dirty"

erestor629

erestor629

Honorable Member

• Veteran Members
  • 873 posts

I'd like for some Ritual/Fusion decks to become relevant that aren't named Gishki, E-HERO, or Gem-Knight to a lesser extent(nothing against those btw).

I have to agree here, would be nice to re-visit older types and what-not.

However, and this is a topic for a different post, but I will mention it here nevertheless:

But yes, if Yugioh continues, or changes into a new series, it would be interesting to see what happens - if any.

Fairy Wind for game? GG.

awsumsaus

awsumsaus

• 53 posts
    • Time Online: 7d 1h 50m 35s
Macro Summoning
It would work like Malefics. SImple as that. But they can all attack.

But I do agree that they're running out of ideas, I think they should just stop the anime, but continue to produce cards. They shouldn't even introduce new archetypes, just introduce more support for the vastness of archetypes out there already.

kinectking

kinectking

• 1 posts
    • Time Online: 23m 52s
Hi, i am new to the Forums but have been playing yu-gi-oh FOREVER! I personally think that a cool new series after Zexal would be the life of Yugi after the series, and him still being able to make connections with Yami, but only while he is dreaming, and one night, while he is dreaming, Yami is attacked, causing a ripple in the space time continuum sending him 30 years into the future. There, he sees the world around him crumbling, and he quickly learns that the destruction was because of a type of monster summoning that was unstable, but the info. about it had been leaked from Kaiba corp. and people started using it, causing excess "trap energy". the summoning involved using two trap cards like monsters, and sending them to the graveyard to summon a very powerful monster, and no two people ever had the same one. Yami then tells Yugi that he has to use a new form of summoning involving a similar type of energy known to only a few as "spell energy". This spell energy was the worlds last chance at reversing the world to its normal state of homeostasis. His task is to get more people to "spell compress" (the new form of summoning) as opposed to "trap compressing" (the destructive form of summoning). He gets his deck ready, and has to try and get people to start "spell compressing" (which in the future leads to the birth of synchro summoning, which is let on in the last few episodes) also, I know that this state of tying to save the world from unstable cards destroying it is sort of a play off of the final season of yu-gi-oh 5ds, but bear with me people, I made this up in a half hour sitting in front of a computer screen :lol:. I hope you enjoyed reading this, and please give feedback (but be gentile, like i said, I am new to the forums)

erestor629

erestor629

Honorable Member

• Veteran Members
  • 873 posts
^^^^^^^^

Major fandom there. XD

Many thanks for a reply to what you think will happen after zexal, but I was after new ways of monsters can be summoned, or a new type of card etc?? Read main post again :P

However. you've mentioned this spell energy thing, so not too bad! But bit confusing as its all one paragraph.

I can't believe this post of mine is still up and getting replies - WOW. You never know guys, but at this rate, we may get an answer before this topic closes! XD

Fairy Wind for game? GG.

prototype97

prototype97

November 2'10 ♥

• 1,332 posts
    • Time Online: 50d 3h 47m 22s
  • Team:ARP| Arpeggio
Hmm this gots me curious too, has Konami announced that maybe somewhere in the near future we will have a new type of summoning?

QfoVRJd_zps799b1dfa.png

[XO] Hugs & Kisses Melanie Iglasias 

F1shies

F1shies

Veteran Member

• 309 posts
    • Time Online: 34d 21h 53m 27s
The answer is...
Posted Image
Seems likely enough to me.
Found in a Destiny Board deck thread:

The D is your win condition

NadiaOh

NadiaOh

• 36 posts
    • Time Online: 5d 14h 3m 53s

I want to see a huge expansion of LV monsters. The truly forgotten monster type.

Posted Image

Posted Image

theyugiohone3456

theyugiohone3456

You already know me S-A-G-E

• Banned
  • 1,266 posts
  • Team:Someone's

My guess is some kind of 'evolution' cards like the chaos numbers. You take a monster of a certain level, attribute and type and 'evolve' it into the 'next stage of evolution' with the same type and attribute. Just an idea, might be something like that, might not.

dis pokemon based idea. and also that basically the LV cards (armed dragon etc...)

tumblr_n286tlNDZG1t8wou5o1_r1_500.gif

thisisme123

thisisme123

Honorable Member

• Veteran Members
  • 823 posts
    • Time Online: 43d 18h 42m 6s

Hmm, what I'm more interested in is what the colour of the card will be. If we did have soul related ones, it would make them look pretty neat not gonna lie.

For some reason, I keep thinking they'll be red.
On a similar note, we can try look at a color chart, and see what looks better?
But Idk... yet i'm pretty sure we'll have people who get mad when they come out lol

Masteryder

Masteryder

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • 660 posts
    • Time Online: 34d 11h 36m 52s
  • Facebook:masteryder
  • Twitter:masteryder
  • Youtube:mrmasteryder
  • Team:Stardust Academy
We don't need more easy ways to summon, the game is already too fast

I hope they stick with Xyz, Synchros, rituals and fusions

Edited by Masteryder, 10 March 2013 - 12:50 PM.

neucdu.jpg

tumblr_mqgdla21Xw1squmrro1_400.gif

thelegendarygbd

thelegendarygbd

• 15 posts
    • Time Online: 2d 2h 50m 53s
  • Twitter:thelegendarygbd
  • Youtube:thelegendarygbd
If konami runs out of ideas I guess they might bring back the guardian star system. (lol I wonder how many people will get that reference.)

kieron

kieron

Ex Vault Master

• Retired Staff
  • 1,038 posts
    • Time Online: 30d 19h 20m 52s
I am sure Konami will find something to bring in next they always do

ryuuou07

ryuuou07

• 1 posts
    • Time Online: 7m 58s
I had a story idea that took place a while after DM where basically instead of blowing up in popularity like it did in GX and 5D's, the game decreased in popularity because people were scared away after seeing things like shadow games and the Orichalcos. The villain of the story wants to bring it back because he found a power source that got stronger when people dueled. Yeah, ok, I'm not going to go into the whole thing here.

As for monsters, which I know is what the OP intended (couldn't resist posting my idea though), I like the idea of a new monster in the extra deck that perhaps you can only have one of and requires certain types/attributes out on the field. Kinda like a fusion, but becoming like some people have said here, an "alchemy" monster. I also like the idea of adding ATK/DEF as well.

As cool as it would be to see a new non-monster type, you couldn't base a show on it. Who would want to see Mr. Main Character and his ace Neo-Spell card?

Bryan_Lutra

Bryan_Lutra

Sneaky Sneaky

• Chat Moderator
  • 2,350 posts
    • Time Online: 201d 19h 21m 42s
  • Team:[ROS]
I read earlier on this thread about ideas dealing with ATK and DEF, and I'm not sure i like the idea of that, ATK specifically. If one deck had effects based on 1500 atk monsters, and another had effects based on 1600 atk monsters, who is more likely to win? However, if it is based on Def (not fire and 200 though) then it becomes a lot less unfair. def never is matched against another def.

taylor_by_releane028-d87mmop.png

MLSxRFJ.png?1
Aqua Force ASSEMBLE!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Zexal, Duel Monsters, Fusion, Synchro, XYZ, Exceed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to the Dueling Network Forums!

To sign in, use your duelingnetwork.com account. If you do not have one, register here.