Revised Future of DNF

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
113 replies to this topic

zepharos

zepharos

Master of Esper

• Preferred Name:Zeph
  • Team:One of the Fallen

cant we continue DNF by using ygopre and devpro as sims?

Ygopro is being attacked just like DN, and Devpro I'm not sure.

Ayu~

Ayu~

Same tbh.

• Preferred Name:Yuyu

That's what we plan on doing as far as tournaments are in concern.

we will be re-opening some tournaments to be done on other platforms, such as YGOpro Salvation or DevPro. 

Roxzen

Roxzen

Irrelevant ⑧

idgi

Those aren't even ours to begin with. There are absolutely no reason for them to affiliate with us considering they have their own community.

5 Finger Death Punch

5 Finger Death Punch

Hey online yugioh is basically dead, but we can still entertain ourselves with posting memes, starting cycles of farewells and comebacks as well as spamming the living shit out of the the spam topics. There's also mod recruitment fun to be had so we can pretend to be busy. Dis gonna b gud, right?

tumblr_m4z6zgdCgp1rtq5hvo1_r1_500.png

N.Nick

N.Nick

So, at this point there is absolutely no chance of DN making a return - go back online, unless NAS gives a green light?

▊▊ ▊▊▊

MANGEYHUNTER

MANGEYHUNTER

Occasional Stuff-Up

• Preferred Name:Matt
  • Team:Team Blaka

idgi

Those aren't even ours to begin with. There are absolutely no reason for them to affiliate with us considering they have their own community.

We wouldn't be affiliating with them at all, just using their program to run our tournaments just like how other sites did the same with DN.

Former Senior Administrator | Former Ban Appeal/Abuse Report Handler | Moderator (Pokemon)

[1:11:39 AM] (bilaterus): btw y'all suck butts and I too also suck butts and like men

tumblr_inline_n70dlhnelf1qkyv8m.gif

Juji Kabane

Juji Kabane

consultant and creative director

• Preferred Name:Dr. Engima
  • Team:Leader: Death Monger

Hey online yugioh is basically dead, but we can still entertain ourselves with posting memes, starting cycles of farewells and comebacks as well as spamming the living shit out of the the spam topics. There's also mod recruitment fun to be had so we can pretend to be busy. Dis gonna b gud, right?

anything is possible. Let's be a strong forum together.
Abilities: Regeneration, Time Vortex Manipulator.
Race: Time Lord.
Home World: Gallifrey.
Weapon: Sonic Sword.
Wears: Suit, Tie, Sneakers and gloves all white.

quincymccoy

quincymccoy

Newest Redmin

• Team:[ORG] YGOrganization

That was quite the swerve. Any reasoning?

Merges are usually bad. Just have it be a general Yugioh forum.

Opinions changed on the matter, a different solution had to be found.

After all of that is done you gotta look at the rules and make some changes, if not a complete overhaul (e.g.: 1 wp - 3 day ban isn't good; nor receiving a 0 WP warning - while you already have WPs - and ban for that), because the old system was a lot better than the current one.

Will be looking into some potential updates there, thanks.

So, at this point there is absolutely no chance of DN making a return - go back online, unless NAS gives a green light?

Unless legal mumbo jumbo somehow works itself out - which is extremely, extremely, extremely unlikely - it will not be going back online anytime soon.

That was quite the swerve. Any reasoning?

Merges are usually bad. Just have it be a general Yugioh forum.

Opinions changed on the matter, a different solution had to be found.

After all of that is done you gotta look at the rules and make some changes, if not a complete overhaul (e.g.: 1 wp - 3 day ban isn't good; nor receiving a 0 WP warning - while you already have WPs - and ban for that), because the old system was a lot better than the current one.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

caymon77

caymon77

The 1st imperial Prince of Bariura and true successor to the emp

Oh hey, maybe I won't have to leave after all.

A quantum supercomputer calculating for a thousand years could not even approach the number of fucks I do not give.

slick_style_userbar_by_zoisitesarugaki-d

Vu9r091.png23k1Cw9.png

​

5 Finger Death Punch

5 Finger Death Punch

anything is possible. Let's be a strong forum together.

That was sarcasm, by the way.

tumblr_m4z6zgdCgp1rtq5hvo1_r1_500.png

Freezingwind

Freezingwind

This made my day, now DN can die without taking down another community.

rVqDuhF.png

HellyTheGod

HellyTheGod

This made my day, now DN can die without taking down another community.

oh god its you lol

Rasten

Rasten

Honorable Member

So long as the yearly WP is looked into, 1 year is TOO long. I think some others can agree to that as well. 

6 Months maybe? I believe Gamefaqs did this. Strikes against your account would only last 6 months from their issue date, unless an Administrator deems to remove sooner than the 6 month end date.

I believed they used good behavior (but unsure). I haven't received a warning from them in over 8 years.

Oh and be sure to bring all possible implementations to the community first! That would definitely help. Ninja implementing rules and regulations is bad and hopefully wont be practiced here(Again if it has been done before). 

Edited by Rasten, 10 July 2016 - 09:19 PM.

angle_userbar_plusle_and_minun_by_zoisit

Dreams & Reality

mVoO2v4.png

If it becomes to much:

Iex3Bpw.gif

ScorpionKing234

ScorpionKing234

CryonixHeat™

I move to add the word ''The'' to DNF, since DN isnt a thing anymore, it might make the forum sound more intimidating.

By the by, if anyone thinks DN has a chance at coming back, Cockatrice MTG was hit with a C&D a long time ago by Hasbro, the PR and Merch company for MTG, and Cockatrice still hasnt recovered.

Juji Kabane

Juji Kabane

consultant and creative director

• Preferred Name:Dr. Engima
  • Team:Leader: Death Monger

I move to add the word ''The'' to DNF, since DN isnt a thing anymore, it might make the forum sound more intimidating.
By the by, if anyone thinks DN has a chance at coming back, Cockatrice MTG was hit with a C&D a long time ago by Hasbro, the PR and Merch company for MTG, and Cockatrice still hasnt recovered.

I second the forum name change.

The dueling network forum does sound cool for a name change.

I also say we have this name change put to a public vote 3 months from now.

Right now all staff and all members need realx and relaxation. To heal.
Abilities: Regeneration, Time Vortex Manipulator.
Race: Time Lord.
Home World: Gallifrey.
Weapon: Sonic Sword.
Wears: Suit, Tie, Sneakers and gloves all white.

Hydronix

Hydronix

Well, this took me by surprise. I was ready for the merger(as little as it affected me, but eh).

Either way, it didn't much matter. I wasn't really a big person among this community, but I never entered tourneys and only posted in one section mostly.

Anyway, that secret project sounds interesting.

zayelion

zayelion

Most the other sims are ready to help out as needed. As you guys here at DNF need anything let us know.

"Believe in the heart of the cards to get your game on, feel the flow of a thousand clustering wishes, sprint forth and descend the waterfall upon us, unify ye logic as I summon thy to our battlefield, I speak thee name,..."

Sasuke_The_Avenger

Sasuke_The_Avenger

Tell me what you really think about me

• Preferred Name:Nick

I move NOT to do this, namely because of the fact if you check ANY DNF / DN Suggestion Thread most of the community was against change, and most of it wasn't even that 'bad'. They literally see any change and they freak.

They see the OCG Ladder of Wars being removed (because no one uses it) and they throw a freaking petition to bring it back so yeah, for the community being against change AND because I don't think we need to change the forum name AT ALL as people want to remember it as is for memory sake and not have their image of it contorted, I am AGAINST a NAME CHANGE.

Keep it forum.duelingnetwork.com

thanks

Also Quincy, will you be removing the "DN Rules" since "DNF Rules" is already a thing in the Rules & FAQ Portion?

Edited by Sasuke_The_Avenger, 12 July 2016 - 07:58 PM.

pikachu_signature_by_i_pokemon-d3t1qe4.p

CyBlade

CyBlade

/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿ At least I went out in a blaze of Glory

• Preferred Name:Savage
  • Team:Legacy Invaders [DevPRO]

I'm relieved that you guys are giving DNF a chance to stand on its own. Merges take quite some time and I'm not too fond of them. You guys didn't have to do this either and for that i'm grateful. As for the tournament side of YGOPRO Salv. I wouldn't mind hosting tournaments here as well.

1Mq4yKy.png

Some memories never fade..

[1:34 AM] CloudParameters: Don't leave me. I get bored without you.

Leader Of [Oz] Ozone Hosting Team l

ScorpionKing234

ScorpionKing234

CryonixHeat™

I move NOT to do this, namely because of the fact if you check ANY DNF / DN Suggestion Thread most of the community was against change, and most of it wasn't even that 'bad'. They literally see any change and they freak.

They see the OCG Ladder of Wars being removed (because no one uses it) and they throw a freaking petition to bring it back so yeah, for the community being against change AND because I don't think we need to change the forum name AT ALL as people want to remember it as is for memory sake and not have their image of it consorted, I am AGAINST a NAME CHANGE.

Keep it forum.duelingnetwork.com

thanks

Also Quincy, will you be removing the "DN Rules" since "DNF Rules" is already a thing in the Rules & FAQ Portion?

I just meant update the banner with ''The Dueling Network''

Sasuke_The_Avenger

Sasuke_The_Avenger

I just meant update the banner with ''The Dueling Network''

I still say nah, changing the banner means editing the artwork. If we got ways to improve the banner I would support that though. Maybe even do a DNF Banner Contest to add to competitions since we are more likely to get more of those as people love to compete. Is Totally not trying to increase interest with GFX

Plus since the art is on the main forum, visible to all, people will more than likely take interest in doing something of this scale, since as an artist they only want to share their art with everyone.

Edited by Sasuke_The_Avenger, 11 July 2016 - 04:26 PM.

DAD 4 GAME

DAD 4 GAME

Well I'm happy DNF will remain as is (albeit probably for different/worse reasons than most of you guys). :)

Spitters are Quitters, and Swallowers are Winners

- Abe Lincoln

DN: DAD 4 GAME

Pojo: MachineMadness

Rasten

Rasten

Honorable Member

I still say nah, changing the banner means editing the artwork. If we got ways to improve the banner I would support that though. Maybe even do a DNF Banner Contest to add to competitions since we are more likely to get more of those as people love to compete. Is Totally not trying to increase interest with GFX

Plus since the art is on the main forum, visible to all, people will more than likely take interest in doing something of this scale, since as an artist they only want to share their art with everyone.

It should change since DNF's sister site is gone. With THE C&D in place, there is little to no hope of DN returning. Although it is slightly possible, but those who sent out the C&D sent it out for a reason. 

The Dueling Network seems fine, and if it can be changed, then there is no reason it can be changed back if by some slim chance DN does get to come back. 

"Official" seems really out of place when the sim is no longer online. 

angle_userbar_plusle_and_minun_by_zoisit

Dreams & Reality

mVoO2v4.png

If it becomes to much:

Iex3Bpw.gif

quincymccoy

quincymccoy

Newest Redmin

• Team:[ORG] YGOrganization

Alright, here's a quick update on my TENTATIVE plans:

Due to the shutdown of DN, a lot of subforums are simply obsolete and will be removed. We will be archiving all of the posts and topics, so don't worry about that.

The following subforums are on the chopping block:

DN Announcements

DNF Announcements - (Streamlining into just Announcements)

Technical Help - (Forum Assistance will replace its spot)

DNYCS

Official Wars - (All Subforums)**

War Rules & Formats**

Additionally, the backend of Ban Appeals and Abuse Reports will also be adjusted.

** NOTE: There is currently a user request to hold off on completely discontinuing the War scene. As with any major change, I am giving said user time to make a case and convince me as to why it should stick around. So, with these changes, I will only be hiding the sections from view until an absolute final decision is made on whether or not it will be staying or leaving. 

In terms of what else could affect you:

• I will be ending the current War Season, removing the ability to create new challenges.
  • Changes to the order of subforums and categories.
  • Registrations will be uncoupled from DN.
  • Rules Pages will be archived that are obsolete.
  • Staff groups will be removed that are obsolete.
  • (If I have time) New Forum Banner Backgrounds to pick from.

Yes, there is a lot to do, and I am working on getting it all done as effectively and with as minimal of an impact to the general userbase as possible.

As for addressing the larger-scale art questions: There may come a day where we can update all of that easily. This week is not that day. For the current time being, we will continue to use the same Title and name for the Forum. 

All of these changes should be happening by the end of the week. I will continue to keep you posted.

Thanks,

-Q

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

Sasuke_The_Avenger

Sasuke_The_Avenger

It should change since DNF's sister site is gone. With THE C&D in place, there is little to no hope of DN returning. Although it is slightly possible, but those who sent out the C&D sent it out for a reason. 

The Dueling Network seems fine, and if it can be changed, then there is no reason it can be changed back if by some slim chance DN does get to come back. 

"Official" seems really out of place when the sim is no longer online. 

Yes however keeping DuelingNetwork keeps what it was for the sake of memory, much akin to preserving a fossil to remember that dinosaurs existed. Yes we know they exist, but each has it's own story that changes if you change it slightly.

I would have preferred you to at least mention the potential that users have fondess over the name staying vs it going rather than just blindside why you pick one side, and I would prefer to see pros vs cons over "I want this because it can change and i think it should".Like with all suggestions of past I expect pros and cons to follow.

Pro:

We changed the name (woot not really a pro but it's something)

We established DN is dead by distancing the Forum from DN.

Con:

People are sad that the name changed because they have *insert emotional reasons whether anger sadness etc*

Yes we can simply "change it back" to what it was, and yes it's a simple title, but once you change it, it's no longer "always been DNF" or "been DNF 6+ years running". I am used to the name, and personally I prefer to keep it.

That's just me though ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to the Dueling Network Forums!

To sign in, use your duelingnetwork.com account. If you do not have one, register here.