Photo

The Future of Unofficial Tournaments on DNF: What Yu-Gi-Oh! Simulator Do You Use For Dueling?

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

Poll: What Yu-Gi-Oh! Simulator do you use for dueling?

What Yu-Gi-Oh! Simulator do you use for dueling?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

CyBlade

CyBlade

/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿ At least I went out in a blaze of Glory

• Preferred Name:Savage
  • Team:Legacy Invaders [DevPRO]

What does DNF have in store for the future of DNF Yu-Gi-Oh! Tournaments?

Good question. I'll answer that for you. I know its time to focus on the future of DNF's Yu-Gi-Oh! tournaments. We must figure out what simulator is used by the majority of the community.  Once we do that we can host tournaments successfully and move forward. I added a poll to help. What Yu-Gi-Oh Simulator do you use for dueling? If it is not listed in the poll please explain what Yu-Gi-Oh Simulator you use and why we should use it.

Edited by CyBlade, 16 August 2016 - 02:50 PM.

1Mq4yKy.png

Some memories never fade..

[1:34 AM] CloudParameters: Don't leave me. I get bored without you.

Leader Of [Oz] Ozone Hosting Team l

SparkyFlary

SparkyFlary

Honorable Member

I''m on a portable verson of devpro. If I wanted to be serious again though about making a good deck then I'd probably use YVD.

CyBlade

CyBlade

/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿ At least I went out in a blaze of Glory

• Preferred Name:Savage
  • Team:Legacy Invaders [DevPRO]

I''m on a portable verson of devpro. If I wanted to be serious again though about making a good deck then I'd probably use YVD.

YVD? What's that?

1Mq4yKy.png

Some memories never fade..

[1:34 AM] CloudParameters: Don't leave me. I get bored without you.

Leader Of [Oz] Ozone Hosting Team l

yugi's boss 20

yugi's boss 20

Captain of the DNF ShipGirl Fleet.

• Team:[KQOG]

What is TDOANE and what's the difference between YGOPRO Percy and YGOPRO Salvation

tumblr_nvq8mgTqMd1tkuvw7o10_400.jpg74720-suo.jpg

tumblr_nfy9xzvueH1siqj7yo1_400.jpg214bfc02b472ff27f739c907244dd215.jpg

My trade thread http://forum.dueling...1916/?p=2391081 former leader KQOG (Temporarily disbanded)

SparkyFlary

SparkyFlary

Honorable Member

YVD? What's that?

An old program from XeroCreative forum, the old school players played it before DN and ygopro were a thing. The games went by cold and quick, no flash, we had to use irc to chat. It's now outdated though but since the games can go by so quick and the game changes quick so it makes for a really good test tool still.

Serefin99

Serefin99

Little Jabrony

• Preferred Name:Serefin

What is TDOANE and what's the difference between YGOPRO Percy and YGOPRO Salvation

TDOANE = The Dawn Of A New Era. It, Percy, and Salvation are all different servers of the YGOPro application. Because they're different servers, they have different 'rules' so to speak. Salvation has its own community area, for example, while Percy updates cards the fastest and also includes anime/manga exclusive cards.

My PokePlushies

Sarisa

Sarisa

Elite Member

I'd make the poll allow for multiple options (people can use more than one simulator) and also add yugioh virtual desktop, tradcardsonline, duel portal, and duel monsters geneis to the poll for the sake of completeness.  Might also want add onto toadane something like TODANE / Ygopro KC / Dawn of a new era so that people don't get so confused.  I know Pojo's yugioh 2006 annual book/magazine had a comparison of online dueling platforms, but I can't find my copy at the moment.  I'm sure it had others that aren't listed here.

As for myself, I use ygopro percy, devpro, and yugioh pro kc / dawn of a new era / todane.  Ygopro salvation keeps crashing on me, my computer thinks yugioh virtual desktop has a virus, I tried duel portal before and found it very confusing and difficult to use, and I'm just not interested in duel monsters genesis based on what I've seen of it.  

Edited by Sarisa, 15 July 2016 - 06:35 PM.

Take my short ruling quiz: https://testmoz.com/237423

http://forum.dueling...istsinterviews/

Actually Sarisa is Dueling Network's top duelist when it comes to Bujin decks, so I trust her judgment.

I am always willing to play HAT format.  If you are too, message me so we can duel. I also play Smite, Shadowverse, and Hearthstone.

MANGEYHUNTER

MANGEYHUNTER

Occasional Stuff-Up

• Preferred Name:Matt
  • Team:Team Blaka

Moved this thread to announcements and pinned it, also changed the title to become a bit more eye catching though I might change it again later to maybe shorten it a bit. 

Former Senior Administrator | Former Ban Appeal/Abuse Report Handler | Moderator (Pokemon)

[1:11:39 AM] (bilaterus): btw y'all suck butts and I too also suck butts and like men

tumblr_inline_n70dlhnelf1qkyv8m.gif

Lost in Illusions

Lost in Illusions

▶▶My Orders are Absolute◀◀

• Team:[AoI] Axis of Ignorance

I'd say YGOPRO Salvation is the better option.

tumblr_mqlp3w3qdl1qbmhdio1_500.gif

ocelet

ocelet

Team Popplio

• Team:Knights of the Round Table

I'd say YGOPRO Salvation is the better option.

Can you elaborate? I don't play any right now, but I'd like to know the differences in the case that I'd want to play on one of them.

| In-Game Administrator | Moderator | Former Tournament Organizer |

"Play Hard Or Get Rekt."  - Ahim de Famille 

"The Good Always Win." - PANATHINAIKOS BC

PmQWVRi.png

FRC7NYR.png

flaming_ice

flaming_ice

crimson_flare

• Team:[ELAR]

I prefer percy because of its simplicity and It has more players than any other servers based on how fast I can get a match ( not sure though but I have all the simulators stated above)

Posted Image

Tournament Champion | Tournament Organizer | DN Live Decimator

Posted Image

Sarisa

Sarisa

Elite Member

Moved this thread to announcements and pinned it, also changed the title to become a bit more eye catching though I might change it again later to maybe shorten it a bit. 

Can you make the poll allow for multiple options (people can use more than one simulator) and also add yugioh virtual desktop, tradcardsonline, duel portal, and duel monsters geneis to the poll for the sake of completeness?

Take my short ruling quiz: https://testmoz.com/237423

http://forum.dueling...istsinterviews/

Actually Sarisa is Dueling Network's top duelist when it comes to Bujin decks, so I trust her judgment.

I am always willing to play HAT format.  If you are too, message me so we can duel. I also play Smite, Shadowverse, and Hearthstone.

yuma2199

yuma2199

• Team:Arcadian Glory

I play Ygopro Percy. In my opinion i like Percy better

984749-bigthumbnail.jpg

You shall face your worst nightmares, when you see the face of the mighty, Slifer the Sky Dragon

PegasusOhh

PegasusOhh

Percy as that has more options for all platforms. All the other simulators only work on Windows to my knowledge, but on Percy you get everyone.

Only problem with Percy is the Checkmate server (aka Ranked) is mixed with OCG pools.

Juji Kabane

Juji Kabane

consultant and creative director

• Preferred Name:Dr. Engima
  • Team:Leader: Death Monger

I vote other.

Because I only dueled on dn.

Nuff said.
Abilities: Regeneration, Time Vortex Manipulator.
Race: Time Lord.
Home World: Gallifrey.
Weapon: Sonic Sword.
Wears: Suit, Tie, Sneakers and gloves all white.

MANGEYHUNTER

MANGEYHUNTER

Occasional Stuff-Up

• Preferred Name:Matt
  • Team:Team Blaka

Can you make the poll allow for multiple options (people can use more than one simulator) and also add yugioh virtual desktop, tradcardsonline, duel portal, and duel monsters geneis to the poll for the sake of completeness?

To be honest I would rework the whole poll but it would mean everyone would need to vote again and knowing how most polls go around here people can't be bothered voting twice. So as of right now just vote for the one either you use most frequently or the one you prefer to play on.

I vote other.

Nuff said.

That doesn't help what we are trying to accomplish here.

Former Senior Administrator | Former Ban Appeal/Abuse Report Handler | Moderator (Pokemon)

[1:11:39 AM] (bilaterus): btw y'all suck butts and I too also suck butts and like men

tumblr_inline_n70dlhnelf1qkyv8m.gif

Sasuke_The_Avenger

Sasuke_The_Avenger

Tell me what you really think about me

• Preferred Name:Nick

I vote other.

Nuff said.

You vote other if you "will use" another simulator. With DN dead, it technically doesn't fall under other since it cannot be used xD

Also if I might, since I have used 1 of these before (tdoane) and I find it too fast when I do rated as it has a timer system :puke: is there one that doesn't use a timer in rated?

Also I am interested in servers that do not have a timer "forced" and the anime cards included for the sake of a hobby in fun dueling, which server would satisfy me the most @Sarisa since I get the feeling if anyone used them all, it's you :D

pikachu_signature_by_i_pokemon-d3t1qe4.p

SparkyFlary

SparkyFlary

Honorable Member

You vote other if you "will use" another simulator. With DN dead, it technically doesn't fall under other since it cannot be used xD

Also if I might, since I have used 1 of these before (tdoane) and I find it too fast when I do rated as it has a timer system :puke: is there one that doesn't use a timer in rated?

Also I am interested in servers that do not have a timer "forced" and the anime cards included for the sake of a hobby in fun dueling, which server would satisfy me the most @Sarisa since I get the feeling if anyone used them all, it's you :D

Unlike DN, those ygopro mods don't really have a call admin option. If your opponent leaves you hanging in a rated duel you're kind of screwed. The timer helps a lot plus it encourages people not to use ftk and stuff like that.

Sasuke_The_Avenger

Sasuke_The_Avenger

Tell me what you really think about me

• Preferred Name:Nick

Unlike DN, those ygopro mods don't really have a call admin option. If your opponent leaves you hanging in a rated duel you're kind of screwed. The timer helps a lot plus it encourages people not to use ftk and stuff like that.

I use monarchs and I lose because I cannot complete all my moves.

So TL DR I am fucked, and find a new game, right? D:

pikachu_signature_by_i_pokemon-d3t1qe4.p

Cill Bipher

Cill Bipher

Timer won't fuck you. if you make a move you gain time. if you do your moves without taking too much time staring at your card you won't be screwed.

Emolga_18

Emolga_18

Lady Noire's Secretary

• Preferred Name:Secretary-san
  • Team:[VS] Volt Switch (Captain)

I use YGOPro Percy as my Dueling sim right now but it's been a while since I've updated it to the latest version because yeah I've been busy to DN most of the time. If there's gonna be unofficial tournaments in YGOPro Percy, hope that I could join.

yUNdhTP.png

EH25VeG.png

Lost in Illusions

Lost in Illusions

▶▶My Orders are Absolute◀◀

• Team:[AoI] Axis of Ignorance

Can you elaborate? I don't play any right now, but I'd like to know the differences in the case that I'd want to play on one of them.

Not going to explain every bit because I know you're clever enough to understand the what I'm trying to say. I'll just post the five facts I like about the site.

1. Active users

You don't have to wait much for a match and their forums is semi-active (as active as DNF right now) as well so you don't have to worry about a complete dead community and a empty site. They're also working on building a war scene there so having tournament and war scene in one site would be almost like old DNF. 

2. Caring administrators

The head admins there are as active as any regular user and that's one of the things that I like a lot about the forums. It doesn't even take 12 hours to resolve any question/issue you have in the site and the moderators there are also very responsive. They admins there play YGO themselves so they know exactly what the users would like to see it the next update because they regularly play the game on their server.

My personal experience with them is very great. I asked one of the admins if they could make a mac version of YGOPRO Salv. They weren't planning mac version for it but just because one regular user asked them to do something they are currently working on it. I mean how better could it get...

4. Advanced forums

They are using IPB forum just like DNF but they're quite advanced. Their forums is IPB 4.1.x and they add new skins, features, banners etc frequently so you wouldn't get bored of using the same system. 

5. Frequent updates

They update their site a LOT and new cards are also added very soon (12 hours at max after official release) so you wouldn't have to wait 2-3 for the cards to get added to the server like we used to in DN.

tumblr_mqlp3w3qdl1qbmhdio1_500.gif

LightPhenix

LightPhenix

御粗末!

Duel Monster Genesis.

http://forum.dueling...nsters-genesis/

Posted Image

Auke1993

Auke1993

Youtuber

• Team:3000 Brigade

I use DevPro, as that was the one I used last year.
It worked back then, well until I couldn't connect to the server anymore, but now it works.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Auke1993

In-Game Administrator | Ban Appeal/Abuse Report Handler

Posted ImagePosted Image

zayelion

zayelion

Not going to explain every bit because I know you're clever enough to understand the what I'm trying to say. I'll just post the five facts I like about the site.

1. Active users

You don't have to wait much for a match and their forums is semi-active (as active as DNF right now) as well so you don't have to worry about a complete dead community and a empty site. They're also working on building a war scene there so having tournament and war scene in one site would be almost like old DNF. 

2. Caring administrators

The head admins there are as active as any regular user and that's one of the things that I like a lot about the forums. It doesn't even take 12 hours to resolve any question/issue you have in the site and the moderators there are also very responsive. They admins there play YGO themselves so they know exactly what the users would like to see it the next update because they regularly play the game on their server.

My personal experience with them is very great. I asked one of the admins if they could make a mac version of YGOPRO Salv. They weren't planning mac version for it but just because one regular user asked them to do something they are currently working on it. I mean how better could it get...

4. Advanced forums

They are using IPB forum just like DNF but they're quite advanced. Their forums is IPB 4.1.x and they add new skins, features, banners etc frequently so you wouldn't get bored of using the same system. 

5. Frequent updates

They update their site a LOT and new cards are also added very soon (12 hours at max after official release) so you wouldn't have to wait 2-3 for the cards to get added to the server like we used to in DN.

The this sums things pretty well. Us admins at Salvation commonly show up in 'other places' when summoned like so. First I have bais to Salvation as I'm the owner that said; to elaborate on each sim.

The only sim I'm going to say dont use is TDOANE  the owner is former staff here that allegely caused a huge mess before being removed. He doesnt mean any good to other developers, moderators, or users. Interactions with him are commonly reported. During the conferences of YGO Sims (DN included) we always have a section of time to note how to keep him in check. The launcher is a clone of DevPro with the features arranged in a more pleasing way but many of them do not work. It also has paywalls for every little thing. The forum is active and lively when its not being authoritatively moderated into the dark ages. It has a the same update system as DevPro where it can be updated at any time with a delta payload (change package). It doesnt update frequently and give the social climate and technology (which I helped designed) its shear laziness on the owners part. Due to the owners abuses the staff left and we formed DevPro.

Percy is premier being the most stable unit, all rules are OCG if I recall correct but I could be wrong. The update system is similar to Salvations and allows full customization unlike Salvation and to an extent DevPro. The AI can duel well and commonly improves and masters decks. The UI within the duel is enhanced in various ways. It used to form the basis of the various launchers but Percy nix'd the internal trigger that allowed it and development split. The download has to be requested from other members but can usually be found in its chats. Its forums are active but focuses topic and sim development on very casual play.

DevPro features a lively chat and update management. Devpro is updated on Sundays, and is paired with MyCard and Salvation in card development. The moderation is more laxed than here but still there. They have a fully featured Elo Ranking and rudimentary team ranking. The system is very practical in its execution. It along with MyCard and Salvation feature windbot a very basic and talkative AI that plays a limited number of older decks. They have a few microtransations but they are permant unlocks for card sleeves your opponent can see and team formation also clearing rank data. So very minimal. The forum is pretty dead and only just bug reports. Its pretty but also clunky and not intuitive. It features TCG/OCG mixed gameplay for rulings.

Salvation is a fork from DevPro after a staff disagreement about how staff should be trained utilized and how much work they should do. Ownership basically got fumbled. Sick of the drama I took my staff and left. I've had to litterally rebuild EVERYTHING. Salvation is fairly unstable due to me poking at it and trying to improve it everyday. It updates at the same rate as Percy, usually before or after his team by a range of 14hrs. Salvation has almost all of DevPro's features except ranking and opponent viewable sleeves. Music customization has been partially disabled. The forum is IPB like this one so it'll feel familiar. Building a war scene and the developers are always around. Salvation features a Goat Banlist with settings to assist in creating a legal deck. Salvation has timers upto 15mins, if you cant make a move in 15mins really what the hell dude! TCG play is pure TCG and rulings are separated cleanly, even in goats uses older rulings where we can. We'll be adapting DN's tournament rules once I finish all the server upgrades.

Dont use TDOANE. If you want AI use Percy. If you want Elo use devpro, Salvation for Tournaments.

Edited by zayelion, 16 July 2016 - 08:59 AM.

"Believe in the heart of the cards to get your game on, feel the flow of a thousand clustering wishes, sprint forth and descend the waterfall upon us, unify ye logic as I summon thy to our battlefield, I speak thee name,..."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to the Dueling Network Forums!

To sign in, use your duelingnetwork.com account. If you do not have one, register here.