Intro Next Gen of Dueling: Flashforward

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

eclipseJacob1212

eclipseJacob1212

Team Hybrid

• Preferred Name:Eclipse
  • Team:Duelists of Geoix

Over the summer, something popped into my head, the next season of Yu-Gi-Oh!, Yu-Gi-Oh! Flashforward. It takes place 100 years after ARC-V in New Wisel City, where the city is divided into 5 districts going from poorest to richest. Granel, Skiel, Wisel, Astro Dragon, and Astro Menkanikle. The main character, Yusa Asuki, a 13 year old boy with a Kozmo deck given from his father before he died, which is not complete. As he searches for the cards, he finds out about new threats, including the return of Yubel. If anyone has any ideas, please post it here.

EclipseJacob1212

Some of the things I'm trying to figure out is the name of Yusa's mom and sister, along with some deck ideas for the series. Some that I have come up with are the XX, the New Venom, and the Infinity Gems.

"It's Time to Flashforward to the Future!"

"I duel for one reason, to make my father proud."

"Behold, my Level 9 Kozmo Dragon!"

A couple of lines from my Flashforward Series. I recently got downgraded and now I live in Astro Dragon District. Lost a match in the District Championship. 

yugi's boss 20

yugi's boss 20

Captain of the DNF ShipGirl Fleet.

• Team:[KQOG]

Try changing the protagonist to a girl, we've had too many male MC's all ready.

What's the main summoning mechanic? Fusion, XYZ, Synchro. Or do they all exist together with Pendulum like in ARC-V.

The MC shouldn't play a Kozmo Deck, the Yu-Gi-Oh protagonist always has a new deck.
Most of the other ideas i've got are Archetypes.

Edited by yugi's boss 20, 18 July 2016 - 10:59 AM.

tumblr_nvq8mgTqMd1tkuvw7o10_400.jpg74720-suo.jpg

tumblr_nfy9xzvueH1siqj7yo1_400.jpg214bfc02b472ff27f739c907244dd215.jpg

My trade thread http://forum.dueling...1916/?p=2391081 former leader KQOG (Temporarily disbanded)

genexwrecker

genexwrecker

BAN ALL VENDING MACHINES

TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES

FLASHFORWARD

oh wait you meant yugioh.....Need a new title already copyrighted

Edited by genexwrecker, 18 July 2016 - 11:17 AM.

lDfQq7q.png
Never forget Lightning Laxus! Dn Admin 2-20-14 until 7-6-14

Interested in a donation code? Tag me in Ragequit stories thread with a ragequit screenshot of me and I might consider it based on how funny it is.
6b964zP.jpg

A4ENrSU.png

oita

oita

Sounds great until the Kozmo part, maybe you can give him a deck that do more plays and combos.

Kozmos are Straightforward might get boring after a while

and tbh I like to see the next series featuring a duo of a boy and a girl as protagonists maybe twins or something.

Sasuke_The_Avenger

Sasuke_The_Avenger

Tell me what you really think about me

• Preferred Name:Nick

Sounds great until the Kozmo part, maybe you can give him a deck that do more plays and combos.

Kozmos are Straightforward might get boring after a while

and tbh I like to see the next series featuring a duo of a boy and a girl as protagonists maybe twins or something.

"an imcomplete kozmo deck" is less straightforward than a complete one though...

Personally with each new era, a new summon method usually got added after awhile. We had pendulum long enough for them to work on a new method once again, however whether we will see that now, or later in the series is unknown. For all we know they could even "finally" add a new type of spell / trap card as well, I like the idea myself since they have yet to do it.

TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES

FLASHFORWARD

oh wait you meant yugioh.....Need a new title already copyrighted

Konami doesn't have the balls to do what Blizzard did and you know it :D

pikachu_signature_by_i_pokemon-d3t1qe4.p

eclipseJacob1212

eclipseJacob1212

Team Hybrid

Kozmos are more interesting in the way I'm thinking. But the other decks I mentioned are very interesting. I haven't come up with a new type of summoning yet, and I not having a girl is the protaganist.

And by the way, its Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Fastforward, not Flashforward.

When I mean incomplete, what I mean by this is that he missing some cards, then later in the series, new Extra Deck Kozmos will be added to the deck. Working on what they are.

A couple of lines from my Flashforward Series. I recently got downgraded and now I live in Astro Dragon District. Lost a match in the District Championship. 

oita

oita

I see what your are going for, I was basing my opinion from what I have seen in the competitive community. it doesnt need to be that way in your story.

also you can try to create your own archtype for the protagonist, should be more fun.

eclipseJacob1212

eclipseJacob1212

Team Hybrid

I prefer Kozmo because the deck itself is cool, the other characters have new decks.

Would you like me to describe the other decks?

GuardianFenix

GuardianFenix

Gijinka Goddess

• Preferred Name:Chris
I found this thread pretty amusing, so I'll post something similar I've done here.

I had already designed a deck type, specific for a "main character" type of person.
I called it "The Arctic Library", an archetype that includes Synchro, Fusion, Ritual and Xyz Summons, that are based on popular older archetypes (*cough* Nekroz *cough*), like Gishki, Ice Barrier, Mermail, and Fabled.
I had also created a character for this deck. His name is Chris Yukimura. He and his brother Dray (both are working names) come from an abusive family, and are only looking to be accepted by the people around them, but they both get dragged into a war, known as the Draconic War. (The 4 leaders play Igknight, Majespecter, Dinomist and Amorphage, respectively.)
Since I got the idea, I've been designing many new archetypes. For example, I'm giving Dray a Deck called "Powered Hydraulics", since he loves to work on cars and motorcycles.

Of course, I haven't got the whole idea written out, though.

Edited by GuardianFenix, 20 July 2016 - 07:10 AM.

4846058-3154556325-tumbl.gif

Rawr. X3

"Listen once in a while; it's amazing what you can hear." -Russel Baker

"Don't talk about yourself. That'll be done after you're gone". -Wilson Mizner

"Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." -Plato

eclipseJacob1212

eclipseJacob1212

Team Hybrid

I like that idea. Note this but Flashforward is set in the future and I'm looking for futuristic and original decks. Yours fits the pictures. Can you show me an example of a monster is this "Powered Hydraulics" deck.

Ok, the following is a preview for Episode 1 of Yu-Gi-Oh! Flashforward (Flashforward to the Future)

Yusa walks into the alley. Fox is being held by two strong men. Yusa looks on the other side of the alley, where Jason stands.

Jason- So, I see you decided to come and challenge me with your old man's deck

Yusa (in his head)- He may think that this deck is weak, but he doesn't know that this old man's deck is what is going to beat him.

Yusa- Ok, I'm going to duel you Jason. If I win, you have to give me back Fox.

Jason- And if you lose, you have to give me your weak deck.

Fox- Don't do it Yusa.

Yusa- Don't worry, Fox. He doesn't know what he's up against.

Yusa hits a button on his watch.

Computer- Duel disk activate.

A circle of light surrounds the watch, along with a screen. Then a straight line appears for the monsters to be played. Yusa puts his deck in the disk.

Yusa- Alright, let's flashforward.

Jason activates his duel disk. The computer speaks.

Computer- The following duel is a 1 on 1 4000 life point duel. When a duelist reaches 0 life points, the other duel wins. Ready. Duel!

Yusa and Jason- Let's duel!

Both of their life points appear.

yugi's boss 20

yugi's boss 20

Captain of the DNF ShipGirl Fleet.

• Team:[KQOG]

By the way what section is Yusa from?

tumblr_nvq8mgTqMd1tkuvw7o10_400.jpg74720-suo.jpg

tumblr_nfy9xzvueH1siqj7yo1_400.jpg214bfc02b472ff27f739c907244dd215.jpg

My trade thread http://forum.dueling...1916/?p=2391081 former leader KQOG (Temporarily disbanded)

xav100

xav100

Veteran Member

• Team:The team of random guys

giving the main character a kozmo deck is a bad idea tho, you will quickly lack of ideas and the duels from the MC will quickly get boring.

If any, the main character in fictions is always the one i'm the most willing to give self created archetype, this takes you out of all the bounds problem you can have from already existing cards, as well as avoiding the false connections and all thoses things that can ruin a full match, and thus several chapters. Moreover, by creating everything, you can completely change the possibilities of the character from one duel to another (try however to stay consistent with yourself tho) so more freedom while writing his duels, wich is most likely going to be something you will do often and do in the important moments of the fictions.

I'd also recomand oyu to avoid meta decks, cause if we wanted to see random people we don't know much struggling to go over dank destroyer, we would just watch actual yu-gi-oh games =3=, and on the top of that, be careful with decks that have a strong 1st turn or deliberately act like the open isn't avaiable for some reason: if you make a character that open infinity rafflesia to each of his duels, it's either going to be boring or causing you to create more powercreep over the duels, wich will be a pain in the a** when it will come to your other duels.

Have fun writing your thing tho, and GL :3

Edited by xav100, 20 July 2016 - 04:21 PM.

- Official artifact crazy lover -

In-Game Administrator

Posted Image

http://prntscr.com/9r00bu

[01:43:03] (xav100): listening to a the lion king 2 song in nightcore at 2AM while i should be working, is that what we call "losing control of his life" ?

[01:43:13] 「Soracchi ╛: No.
[01:43:17] 「Soracchi ╛: We call that adminning

http://prntscr.com/a64w9s // http://prntscr.com/a5th4g // http://prntscr.com/a6d87z // http://prntscr.com/a6nlv9 // http://prntscr.com/a76f84 // http://prntscr.com/a7ypnk

Arc V Shun

Arc V Shun

Ruby Rose

• Preferred Name:Ruby
  • Team:RNJR

Try changing the protagonist to a girl, we've had too many male MC's all ready.

Thank god someone finally gets it. we need a female MC whos as hot as akiza and as mature as yusei forreal. we can call her Yumi 

YANG XIAO LONG
  YwqJBIu.png

In-Game Administrator | Tournament Organizer | Tournament Champion

1ZGfZ7x.png

xav100

xav100

Veteran Member

• Team:The team of random guys

The only real yumi is the one from code lyoko, gtfo shun =3=

- Official artifact crazy lover -

In-Game Administrator

Posted Image

http://prntscr.com/9r00bu

[01:43:03] (xav100): listening to a the lion king 2 song in nightcore at 2AM while i should be working, is that what we call "losing control of his life" ?

[01:43:13] 「Soracchi ╛: No.
[01:43:17] 「Soracchi ╛: We call that adminning

http://prntscr.com/a64w9s // http://prntscr.com/a5th4g // http://prntscr.com/a6d87z // http://prntscr.com/a6nlv9 // http://prntscr.com/a76f84 // http://prntscr.com/a7ypnk

eclipseJacob1212

eclipseJacob1212

Team Hybrid

The MC will remain a boy. Yusa lives in the Wisel district.

eclipseJacob1212

eclipseJacob1212

Team Hybrid

If anyone has more questions about the next series of Yu-Gi-Oh, please type it in here?

oita

oita

did you come with a new game mechanic like Pendulums?

the name of Wisel City seems for me like a synchro based city, maybe you can give your MC a Synchro deck, Im missing right now with the Symphonic Warriors archtype , look at them they are really fun plus they have 2 Pendulum monsters.

Edited by oita, 25 August 2016 - 01:43 PM.

eclipseJacob1212

eclipseJacob1212

Team Hybrid

His deck is every single type of summoning. Synchro is in there. The city's name is just the name, no speciality.

I have finished Episode 1 and 2 of Flashforward and am currently working on Episode 3.

Episode 1- Flashforward: 2120

The screen dims to light of a futuristic city, New Wisel City. There are walls between different parts of the city and in the center, large skyscrapers. Cars zoom by in the sky.  The camera zoom down to a street level, where there are people on the sidewalk walking and people going to work. A kid zooms by on a hoverboard. Some people duck and yell at the boy. One boy with an odd watch on his wrist and a headband on his head keep walking until he stops at a digital poster. The poster speaks.

“Coming soon to New Wisel City. The District Championship, where the best of each district will compete, to find out who is the true District Champion!”

The kid’s friend turns to him. The camera shows the kid’s face.

“Come on Yusa, we’ve got to go to school.”

Yusa continues to look at the poster.

“Fox, you know that I’ve got to be in this tournament. You know what my dad told me about this tournament.”

“Yeah, that was after he wa beaten very badly from the duelist from Astro Dragon. We’d rather let him be.”

“My dad has competed in this tournament every year. And I need to take his place in this tournament.”

He picks up his deck, his dad’s deck. The top card is Kozmo Farmgirl.

“My dad used this same deck when he competed in the District Championship. But he told me that this deck was incomplete. But he didn’t know until after he was beaten by the Astro Dragon champion. I remember that day. I was in the stands watching my dad duel. My dad was thrown far from the blast of the champion’s blast. Then, the champion told him about the deck. My dad was shocked from what he told him. Then after that, it all went downhill.”

“So, I see this championship means a lot to you, but why would a 13 year old kid enter the District Championship?”

“Because he has a new deck to show the whole city, and the world.”

Yusa holds up his deck in the air.

*Theme song*

A school bell rings. The camera shows Yusa’s school from an aerial view. Yusa is in the middle of class. He is sleeping and dreaming of him in the championship. Yusa’s teacher.

“Can anyone tell me the answer to this equation? Yusa!”

Yusa gets out of his chair and pulls out his Kozmo Farmgirl.

“I win the championship!”

Then he sighs.

Yusa, get with the program!”

Yusa sighs and sits back down.

The school bell rings.

“Alright, it’s duel period.”

Yusa grabs his things and heads outside with the other students.

“Oh great, there he goes.”

Fox walks out into the hall. A student grabs him.

✳✳✳✳✳✳✳

Yusa walks outside. People are outside dueling already. There is an explosion in one duel. A student’s life points drop to 0. The school champion is in the middle of a duel too. He defeats his opponent. Then, Yusa notices the school bully, Jason. He badly beats a kid in a duel, but that kid is Fox. Then he grabs Fox. Yusa walks over to Jason.

“Hey leave my friend alone.”

“No, you leave me alone or I’ll do the same to you. I’ll beat you easily in a duel just like I beat your friend here. You and me against your weak deck.”

“He may think my deck is weak, but that’s because he doesn’t know the strength of my dad’s deck. And I’ll start making him proud by beating Jason.”

“Alright Jason, I accept your challenge.”

Jason walks out into the open and activates his duel disk. Some students begin to surround us. Yusa activates his duel disk. The computer on his watch talks.

“Duel mode activate. Duel disk formation activate.”

A ring of solid light appear around Yusa’s watch. Then a screen appear. A straight plank of solid light appear on the left of his left arm. Then he inserts his deck and it automatically shuffles.

“Alright, Jason, I’m through with the past with you, it’s time to flash forward to the future!”

“Let’s duel!”

Both of the player's’ life points appear.

“Alright, kid. It’s my move. I draw”

Jason draws.

“First, I summon Venom Pyro in attack mode.”

Jason slaps the card on his disk. A flaming snake digitally appears. Its attack points and level show, 1800 ATK, Level 4

“Next, I place a card facedown and end my turn.”

A facedown card digitally appears.

“My turn then, I draw!”

Yusa draws a card.

“Now Jason, I’d like to introduce you to my new deck. I’ll start by summoning Kozmo Farmgirl.”

A person begins to digital appear. It’s level and attack points, 1500 ATK Lvl 3.

“Hah, your Farmgirl has less attack point than my Venom Pyro. You should have left your Farmgirl on the farm.”

Venom Pyro’s attack points and level appear.

“Kozmo monsters are special. Most of them have a similar special ability. And I’ll show you. I activate Farmgirl’s special ability. By banishing her, I can summon a Level 3 or higher Kozmo monster from my hand. So say goodbye to Farmgirl.”

Farmgirl vanishes. A portal appears in the sky.

“And make way for Kozmo Sliprider.”

A spaceship flies out of the portal and goes straight up into the sky. Its attack points and level show. 2300 ATK Lvl 5

“A fighter spaceship. How obscured?”

“How about this Jason. I activate Sliprider’s special ability. Since I Special Summoned it, I can destroy one Spell or Trap card on the field. So, I’ll use its ability to destroy your facedown.”

Sliprider shoots some laser blasts at the facedown card and it shatters.

“And with 2300 attack points, my Sliprider is going to attack your Venom Pyro. Go Phaser Cannon!”

Sliprider shoots lasers at Venom Pyro and destroys it. Jason’s life points go down to 3500.

“Looks like my Sliprider made his mark on your life points. I throw a facedown and end my turn.”

“It’s my turn.”

Jason draws.

“I activate the Continuous Spell Card Venom Marsh.”

He slaps the card on his disk. A marsh forms behind him.

“While it’s face up on the, its name is Venom Swamp. However, it has a different effect. Once per turn, I can revive one Venom monster from my graveyard. So I summon Venom Pyro.”

Venom Pyro digitally appears. 1800 ATK Lvl 4

“Next, by tributing “Venom Swamp” and my Venom Pyro, I can summon a new monster.”

Venom Marsh and Venom Pyro shatter.

“Now, I summon Venom Leviathan.”

He slaps the card on his disk. A long and dragon-like snake digitally appears. Its level and attack points appear. 2400 ATK Lvl 6

“Next, I activate the spell Venom Potion. This card increases my monster’s attack by 500 until the end of the turn.”

Venom Leviathan screeches. Its attack points go from 2400 to 2900.

“Now Leviathan, attack Sliprider with Venom Shot.”

Venom Leviathan shoots a blast of venom at Sliprider and destroys it. Yusa’s life points go down to 3400.

“Now, I activate my facedown card, the trap card Kozmo Debt. With this card, I pay 500 life points”

Yusa’s life points go down to 2900.

“, to add one Kozmo monster to my hand. I add Kozmo Goodwitch. Next, I activate the ability of my Kozmo Sliprider. By banishing it, I can summon one Level 4 or lower Kozmo monster from my deck. So say hello to Kozmo Strawman, in defense mode.”

A strawman digitally appears. Its level and defense points appear. 1800 DEF, Lvl 2.

“Well, not bad, but I place this facedown card to end my turn.”

A facedown card digitally appears. The other students are amazed at Yusa’s deck.

“Wow, Kozmos are amazing.”

“Why are you guys amazed at him, when you should be amazed at my Venom deck that’s beating him.”

“Yeah, but it’s my turn Jason.”

Yusa draws.

“And now, I banish my Kozmo Strawman in order to summon Kozmo DOG Fighter in DEF mode.”

Kozmo Strawman vanishes. Another portal opens in the sky. DOG Fighter comes zooming out of it. Its level and defense points appear. 2400 DEF Level 6.

“There, now that ought to give me a defense. Also, I throw another facedown and end my turn.”

“My turn, I draw!”

A portal forms and another DOG Fighter appears out of it in DEF Mode. Level 6, 2400 DEF.

“Hey, what’s going on?”

“The effect of my DOG Fighter. During any of our standby phases, I can summon a DOG Fighter token with the same attack, defense, and level as DOG Fighter.”

“Well then, I’ll just have to destroy it. I activate Venom Cannon. With this, I can destroy one monster on the field and inflict damage equal to half of its ATK points. So I destroy your DOG Fighter.”

A shot of venom hits DOG Fighter and destroys it. Yusa’s life points go down to 1900.

“I activate DOG Fighter’s special ability. When it’s destroyed, I can banish it an summon a Lvl 5 or lower Kozmo from my deck. So now, I summon Kozmo Delta Shuttle.”

A portal opens in the sky. Delta Shuttle comes zooming out of it. Its attack points and level appear. 2000 ATK Lvl 5

“Well, you lucked out this turn. Due to the effect of Venom Cannon, I can’t conduct battle. So I end my turn.”

“My turn.”

Yusa draws.

“I activate the effect of my Delta Shuttle. By sending a Kozmo monster from my deck to the graveyard, your monster loses attack points equal to the the level of the monster sent to graveyard times 100. So, I send Forerunner to the graveyard.”

Yusa sends a monster into his graveyard.

“Forerunner is a Level 7 monster, so your Leviathan loses 700 ATK points.”

Venom Leviathan’s attack points go down to 1700.

“Now, I summon Kozmo Scaredy Lion.”

I slap the card on my disk. Kozmo Scaredy Lion appears.

“Now, I activate its special ability. By paying 500 life points, I can return three banished Kozmo monsters to my graveyard to inflict 500 damage to you.”

Yusa’s life points go down to 1400. Jason is hit by a roar. His life points go down to 3000.

“Now, Delta Shuttle, attack his Venom Leviathan with Covering Fire.”

Delta Shuttle blasts Venom Leviathan and destroys it. His life points goes down to 2700.

“Now, I end my turn with a facedown.”

A facedown card appears on Yusa’s field.

“My turn.”

Jason draws.

“Hahaha! Now, I’ve got this duel in the bag. By banishing a Venom Swamp and Venom Leviathan in my graveyard, I can summon the most powerful monster in my deck, Pyrovenom: Warrior of the Snakes.”

Pyrovenom: Warrior of the Snakes appears out of the ground. It has flames all over it. Its attack points and level appear. Level 9, 3000 ATK points.

“Whoa, now that’s a powerful monster.”

“With a special ability, when it’s summoned, you take 600 points of damage.”

Venom hits Yusa. His life points go down to 800.

“I’ll take a precaution. I banish my Scaredy Lion to summon Kozmo Landwalker.”

Scaredy Lion vanishes. A portal on the ground opens up and Landwalker climbs out of it.

“It’s too late, Pyrovenom attack Delta Shuttle and win this duel.”

Pyrovenom charges towards Delta Shuttle.

“I activate my facedown card, Kozmo Defense. Now, this card changes the battle target to my Landwalker.”

Pyrovenom changes its attack.

“And I activate my Landwalker’s special ability. By banishing my Delta Shuttle, it isn’t destroyed.”

“True, but the damage still hits you.”

Pyrovenom hits Landwalker. Yusa’s life points go down to 200. He is thrown back from the hit.

“Don’t worry, next turn I’ll finish you off and prove you wrong about your deck.”

“No, you’re wrong Jason.”

Yusa gets up.

“Like I said earlier, I’m through with the past with you. So I’m going to flashforward to the future, starting now. I draw!”

Yusa draws a card and looks at it, smiling.

“Did Yusa just smile, yes, he did. Go Yusa!”

“Alright, I’m going to win this duel Jason, I summon Kozmo Tincan.”

Yusa slaps the card on his disk. A tin creature appears. Its attack points and level show. Level 1, 0 ATK points.

“That’s how your going to win, with a weak monster like that.”

“No, you remember the abilities of my weaker Kozmo monster. I can banish them to summon more powerful ones, like the most powerful one in my deck. I banish my Kozmo Tincan.”

Kozmo Tincan vanishes. A larger portal appears in the sky.

“What’s this?”

“Now, I summon Kozmo Dark Destroyer.”

Kozmo Dark Destroyer appears out of the portal. Its attack points and level appear. Level 8 3000 ATK points.

“And I’ll make this quick. Its special ability destroys one monster on your field, like your Pyrovenom.”

Kozmo Dark Destroyer shoots a powerful blast at Pyrovenom and destroys it.

“Now, Dark Destroyer, attack Jason directly. Cataclysmic Plasma.”

Dark Destroyer’s cannons charge up. Then it shoots a blast directly at Jason and hits him. The blasts sends him flying. His life points drop to 0. The computer speaks.

“Duel over. Winner is Yusa Asuki.”

The people watching cheer for Yusa. Fox walks over to Yusa.

“Yay, you beat him.”

“But don’t celebrate too quickly. My deck isn’t complete you know.”

“I know.”

“Tomorrow, once we get out of school, we’re going to go look for them.”

“You’re right.”

Yusa looks up in the sky. In the Granel District, or the slums of the city, a man holds a card in his hand.

“Yes, this card will be my victory out of this district. And it will make me a champion. No one will be able to stop me. Muhahaha!”

The camera turns black.

Edited by eclipseJacob1212, 22 September 2016 - 07:37 PM.

Bartmanhomer

Bartmanhomer

Nice story so far. But like I said in the other thread, you need to balanced your opponent deck to make it more evenly-matched or challenging for the Kozmo Deck. :)

eclipseJacob1212

eclipseJacob1212

Team Hybrid

I'm leaving the deck the way it is right now. I said there would be more decks with better cards. At this point in episode 1, Dark Destroyer is the strongest card in his deck.

oita

oita

man I love this you made Kozmos look really cool, I agree with Bartmanhomer, try to make the duels more matched, but anyway great job.

eclipseJacob1212

eclipseJacob1212

Team Hybrid

Thanks, Oita.

Does anyone have any comments about either the series or the episode? Please post here.

eclipseJacob1212

eclipseJacob1212

Team Hybrid

Here is the next episode.

Episode 2: Search of the Kozmos Part 1

Sunset in New Wisel City. The cameras goes down to the Granel District. The area is also known as the slums. It’s where the weak and the poor live, except for some. A duelist with a custom duel disk that he made is dueling someone from a higher-up district.

“Now, I hope you’re ready to be crushed by the ultimate power of my monster. Attack!”

The duelist is hit by a powerful blast that pushes him through a fence. His life points go from 4000 to 0. A One Turn Defeat. The duelist gets up.

“No one can defeat a monster like that. No one will beat you.”

“Exactly, that’s the point.”

The monster, which is darkened vanishes.

“Now, I need to use this card against the person with the deck this card is from. That person is Yusa Asuki.”

The duelist throws a dart at a picture of Yusa.

“And he will not stop me.

*Theme Song*

Yusa and Fox walk down the road to his house.

“I can’t believe it. You’ve been searching all day and you found no Kozmo cards.”

“Yeah, I tried.”

“What about your sister?”

“She’s fine. She’s only the same age as me, but she’s like mom.”

Yusa’s sister, Nuri, walks out of the door and stands in front of Yusa.

“YUSA!”

Yusa sighs.

“Mom wants you to clean up your room. GOT IT!”

“But, that’s why we have Lecto. Right?”

“No, Lecto is mom’s assistant.”

“Fine.”

“So, how did that Kozmo search go.”

“Not good, I found nothing.”

“Actually Yusa, you’re really only missing one card. Look what mom found in dad’s old dueling notebook’s.”

Nuri pulls a card out of her pocket.
“No way, Kozmo Dark Eclipser.”

Yusa holds up the card.

“I’ve found it! Thank the Meklords.”

Yusa begins kissing the card.

“Is this what happens when he’s excited about a card?”

“Yes, you should have seen what happened when I gave him his first Synchro monster.”

“I’ve found it, New Wisel City!”

“No, I found it. I just gave it to you.”

“Oh come on, sis. I’m one step closer to finishing the deck.”

“You’re missing one card now.”

“Oh, you’re right. Well, let’s go inside.”

Yusa, Fox, and Nuri walk inside. Yusa’s mom sees he is inside.

“You’re back. How was school?”

“Well.”

Yusa thinks back to school. His teacher is yelling at him for sleeping.

“It was great today.”

“Well, I’m happy to hear that. Dinner is almost ready.”

Yusa takes Fox into his room.

“So, I’ll put this into my deck and leave my duel disk here.”

“Sounds good. Although I don’t know how your sister was smart enough to find the card.”

Nuri screams from the kitchen.

“I heard that!”

Yusa puts his duel disk on his bed and goes into the kitchen. Fox and Yusa sit down and eat.

“So Yusa, what are you going to do after dinner?”

“I’m going to find that last Kozmo card.”

“What’s missing?”

“Dad’s Kozmo Dark Planet. The most powerful card in the deck.”

Yusa finishes up eating.

“Well, I’m going to go grab my duel disk and keep looking.”

“Don’t stay out too long Yusa.”

“I won’t mom.”

Yusa goes into his room. There is a note next to his duel disk. Yusa sees it.

“A note. Hmm, it says “Meet me at Wisel Square. I have the card you have been looking for, but you’re going to have to duel me to get it. I’ll see too it that you’ll lose. And if you lose, you have to give me the entire Kozmo deck.”

“Well, looks like whoever has Dark Planet must be really strong. But I’ll beat him, with my secret weapon.”

Yusa takes a card out of a box.

“With this card, I’ll surely win.”

Yusa puts the card in his deck. Then he puts on his duel disk. He walks out into the kitchen.

“Going to find that last card, Yusa?”

“Uh, yeah Nuri.”

“Well, I’m coming with you.”

“Fine, you can come.”

Nuri and Yusa head out the door. They both head to Wisel Square.

“So, do you know where you’re going?”

“Yeah, I got a message from the person who has the card.”

“Sounds like a trap to me.”

“Now that you think about it, it does.”

They reach Wisel Square. There is a few people walking through the square. There is also a train line above us. I notice a man in a cowl on the other side of the Square.

“You must be the guy with my Dark Planet.”

“Indeed I am, but you’re going to have to duel me if you want to have it. And beating me is difficult as it is.”

The duelist takes off his cowl. He activates his duel disk. His arm transforms into an entire duel disk made of light. He inserts his deck.

“Whoa, now that’s a different duel disk.”

Yusa activates his duel disk.

“Duel mode active. Duel disk formation activate.”

A ring of solid light appear around Yusa’s watch. Then a screen appear. A straight plank of solid light appear on the left of his left arm. Then he inserts his deck and it automatically shuffles. Yusa draws his 5 cards.

“Now, I’ll start with the names, Yusa.”

“How do you know my name?”

“I saw you in the paper about how you beat your school’s bully. Well, this is a different story.”

“But who are you?”

“My name is Flex. And after being in the slums for too, long, I think its time I upped my game to the next districts. I already beat someone from Skiel District. Now, I just have to beat someone from your Wisel District, someone like you.”

“I’m really confused right now. But let’s get to the duel.”

“Let’s duel!”

Yusa and Flex’s life points appear.

“I’ll go first, my draw!”

Flex draws.

“I’ll start by activating the Spell Card Aurora Draw. This card allows me to draw 1 card this turn.”

Flex draws a card and looks at his hand.

“I’ve got them both, I just need the ultimate one.”

“Now, I summon Mechanical Knight in attack mode.”

He slaps the card on his disk. Mechanical Knight appears. Level 3 1400 ATK

“Now, I activate Mechanical Knight’s special ability. I can draw 1 card.”

Flex draws a card.

“Why is he drawing cards?”

“Now, I throw a facedown to end my turn.”

“Ok, my turn now, I draw!”

Yusa draws.

“Now, I’ll put myself on home turf. I activate the Field Spell Kozmotown.”

Yusa activates the card on a special part of his duel disk. The field around them changes into a futuristic city, not that it already is.

“Now, I activate the effect of Kozmotown, I shuffle my two powerful monsters, Kozmo Forerunner and Kozmo DOG Fighter into my deck.”

Yusa puts two cards in his deck and his deck shuffles.

“Now, I draw the same amount of cards that I shuffled back.”

Yusa draws two cards.

“I summon Kozmo Goodwitch.”

Yusa slaps the card on his disk. Goodwitch digitally appears. Lvl 4 1800 ATK.

“Now, Goodwitch, attack Mechanical Knight.”

“Not so fast, I activate my facedown Mechanic’s Hammer. This card prevents my monster from being destroyed this turn, but at the end of the battle. It gains 600 ATK points.”

Goodwitch hits Mechanical Knight. Flex’s life points go down to 3600. Then, Mechanical Knight attack points go up to 2000.

“I’m not done with my battle. I banish my Goodwitch.”

Goodwitch vanishes. A portal appears on the ground.

“Now, I summon Kozmo Landwalker.”

Landwalker comes out of the portal. Lvl 6 2400 ATK

“Now, Landwalker, attack Mechanical Knight.”

Landwalker steps on Mechanical Knight but a shield protects it. Flex’s life points go down to 3200.

“Now, with that battle, I place a card facedown and end my turn.”

“Now, it’s my turn. I draw.”

Flex draws a card.

“I special summon Mechanical Guard in defense mode. I can special summon this card by tributing a monster on my field.”

Mechanical Knight dedigitallizes. Mechanical Guard digitally appears on the field. Lvl 7 3000 DEF

“Now, I activate Mechanical Guard’s special ability. Since I special summoned it, I can draw 1 card, then, I can switch your Landwalker into defense mode.”

Flex draws a card. Landwalker switches to defense mode. Lvl 6 1200 DEF

“Also, your monster cannot change battle mode because of the effect. So, I end my turn there.”

“My turn, I draw.”

Yusa draws a card.

“I guess I’ll just use the effect of my Kozmotown. I can return my banished Goodwitch. In return, I take 100 points of damage times the level of Goodwitch.”

A blast hits Yusa. His life points go down to 3600.

“Now, I summon Kozmo Goodwitch.”

Yusa slaps the card on his disk and Goodwitch appears. Lvl 4 1800 ATK

“Now, I banish Goodwitch in order to summon Kozmo DOG Fighter in attack mode.”

Goodwitch vanishes. A portal appears in the sky. DOG Fighter blasts out of it. Lvl 6 2000 ATK.

“Now, I end my turn.”

“My turn. I draw!”

A DOG Fighter token appears due to the ability of DOG Fighter. Lvl 6 2400 DEF. Flex looks at the card he drew.

“Yes, now all of the pieces are in place to defeat Yusa. And I know what monsters are in his deck, there is nothing that more powerful than this card.”

“Well, aren’t you going to make a move there, Flex?”

“Of course I will, but first, I’d like to show you two new version of your cards.”

“Wait, what?”

“I’d like to show you my Kozmolls.”

“Kozmolls? What are those?”

“Observe. From my hand, I banish my Lvl 6 Kozmoll Dark Lady and my Lvl 4 Kozmoll Wickedwitch.”

Kozmolls Wickedwitch and Dark Lady appear. Then they both vanish. The ground begins to shake some. A portal larger than the one Dark Destroyer comes out of appears in the sky.

“The mothership of all known spaceships in the universe is here, and here to defeat you.”

An object begins to come out of the portal slowly.

“No way, it can’t be.”

“Yusa, I think it is.”

“I summon Kozmo Dark Planet!”

Kozmo Dark Planet fully appears and rotates like a planet. Lvl 10 4000 ATK.

“Oh no, this Dark Planet may be more than I chewed off. Because if I can’t find a way to beat my dad’s own card,”

The camera zooms out on Dark Planet.

“I’ll never be able to enter the District Championship.”

“Muhahaha! Muhahaha! Muhahaha!

To be continued

Edited by eclipseJacob1212, 10 October 2016 - 06:37 PM.

Bartmanhomer

Bartmanhomer

Another great story once again! I really enjoy the second story! :D

eclipseJacob1212

eclipseJacob1212

Team Hybrid

That's just the first part of the duel. Wait until the next episode.

If you have been reading the episodes, Yusa's sister has a name. Meet Nuri, Yusa's sister who's not nice to him most of time and is sort of like his mom. Meet Nuri in Yu-Gi-Oh! Flashforward

I have updated Episode 1. Here is the new version.

Episode 1- Flashforward: 2120

The screen dims to light of a futuristic city, New Wisel City. There are walls between different parts of the city and in the center, large skyscrapers. Cars zoom by in the sky.  The camera zooms down to a street level, where there are people on the sidewalk walking and people going to work. A kid zooms by on a hoverboard. Some people duck and yell at the boy. One boy with an odd watch on his wrist and a headband on his head keeps walking until he stops at a digital poster. The poster speaks.

“Coming soon to New Wisel City. The District Championship, where the best of each district will compete, to find out who is the true District Champion!”

The kid’s friend turns to him. The camera shows the kid’s face.

“Come on Yusa, we’ve got to go to school.”

Yusa continues to look at the poster.

“Fox, you know that I’ve got to be in this tournament. You know what my dad told me about this tournament.”

“Yeah, that was after he was beaten very badly from the duelist from Astro Dragon. We’d rather let him be.”

“My dad has competed in this tournament every year. And I need to take his place in this tournament.”

He picks up his deck, his dad’s deck. The top card is Kozmo Farmgirl.

“My dad used this same deck when he competed in the District Championship. But he told me that this deck was incomplete. But he didn’t know until after he was beaten by the Astro Dragon champion. I remember that day. I was in the stands watching my dad duel. My dad was thrown far from the blast of the champion’s monster. Then, the champion told him about the deck. My dad was shocked from what he told him. Then after that, it all went downhill.”

“So, I see this championship means a lot to you, but why would a 16 year old kid enter the District Championship?”

“Because he has a new deck to show the whole city, and the world.”

Yusa holds up his deck in the air.

*Theme song*

A school bell rings. The camera shows Yusa’s school from an aerial view. Yusa is in the middle of class. He is sleeping and dreaming of him in the championship. Yusa’s teacher is speaking.

“Can anyone tell me the answer to this equation? Yusa!”

Yusa gets out of his chair and pulls out his Kozmo Farmgirl.

“I win the championship!”

Then he sighs.

“Yusa, get with the program!”

Yusa sighs and sits back down.

The school bell rings.

“Alright, it’s duel period.”

Yusa grabs his things and heads outside with the other students.

“Oh great, there he goes.”

Fox walks out into the hall. A student grabs him.

✳✳✳✳✳✳✳

Yusa walks outside. People are outside dueling already. There is an explosion in one duel. A student’s life points drop to 0. The school champion is in the middle of a duel too. He defeats his opponent. Then, Yusa notices the school bully, Jason. He badly beats a kid in a duel, but that kid is Fox. Then he grabs Fox. Yusa walks over to Jason.

“Hey leave my friend alone.”

“No, you leave me alone or I’ll do the same to you. I’ll beat you easily in a duel just like I beat your friend here. You and I against your weak deck.”

“He may think my deck is weak, but that’s because he doesn’t know the strength of my dad’s deck. And I’ll start making him proud by beating Jason.”

“Alright Jason, I accept your challenge.”

Jason walks out into the open and activates his duel disk. Some students begin to surround them. Yusa activates his duel disk. The computer on his watch talks.

“Duel mode activate. Duel disk formation activate.”

A ring of solid light appear around Yusa’s watch. Then a screen appears. A straight plank of solid light appears on the left of his left arm. Then he inserts his deck and it automatically shuffles.

“Alright, Jason, I’m through with the past with you, it’s time to flash forward to the future!”

“Let’s duel!”

Both of the player's’ life points appear.

“Alright, kid. It’s my move. I draw”

Jason draws.

“First, I summon Venom Pyro in attack mode.”

Jason slaps the card on his disk. A flaming snake digitally appears. Its attack points and level show, 1800 ATK, Level 4

“Next, I place a card facedown and end my turn.”

“My turn then, I draw!”

Yusa draws a card.

“Now Jason, I’d like to introduce you to my new deck. I’ll start by summoning Kozmo Farmgirl.”

A person begins to digital appear. It’s level and attack points, 1500 ATK Lvl 3.

“Hah, your Farmgirl has less attack points than my Venom Pyro. You should have left your Farmgirl on the farm.”

Venom Pyro’s attack points and level appear.

“Kozmo monsters are special. Most of them have a similar special ability. And I’ll show you. I activate Farmgirl’s special ability. By banishing her, I can summon a Level 3 or higher Kozmo monster from my hand. So say goodbye to Farmgirl.”

Farmgirl vanishes. A portal appears in the sky.

“And make way for Kozmo Sliprider.”

A spaceship flies out of the portal and goes straight up into the sky. Its attack points and level show. 2300 ATK Lvl 5

“A fighter spaceship. How obscured?”

“How about this Jason. I activate Sliprider’s special ability. Since I Special Summoned it, I can destroy one Spell or Trap card on the field. So, I’ll use its ability to destroy your facedown.”

Sliprider shoots some laser blasts at the facedown card and it shatters.

“And with 2300 attack points, my Sliprider is going to attack your Venom Pyro. Go Phaser Cannon!”

Sliprider shoots lasers at Venom Pyro and destroys it. Jason’s life points go down to 3500.

“Looks like my Sliprider made his mark on your life points. I throw a facedown and end my turn.”

“It’s my turn.”

Jason draws.

“I activate the Continuous Spell Card Venom Marsh.”

He slaps the card on his disk. A marsh forms behind him.

“While it’s face up on the, its name is Venom Swamp. However, it has a different effect. Once per turn, I can revive one Venom monster from my graveyard. So I summon Venom Pyro.”

Venom Pyro digitally appears. 1800 ATK Lvl 4

“Next, by tributing “Venom Swamp” and my Venom Pyro, I can summon a new monster.”

Venom Marsh and Venom Pyro shatter.

“Now, I summon Venom Leviathan.”

He slaps the card on his disk. A long and dragon-like snake digitally appears. Its level and attack points appear. 2400 ATK Lvl 6

“Next, I activate the spell Venom Potion. This card increases my monster’s attack by 500 until the end of the turn.”

Venom Leviathan screeches. Its attack points go from 2400 to 2900.

“Now Leviathan, attack Sliprider with Venom Shot.”

Venom Leviathan shoots a blast of venom at Sliprider and destroys it. Yusa’s life points go down to 3400.

“Now, I activate my facedown card, the trap card Kozmo Debt. With this card, I pay 500 life points”

Yusa’s life points go down to 2900.

“, to add one Kozmo monster to my hand. I add Kozmo Goodwitch. Next, I activate the ability of my Kozmo Sliprider. By banishing it, I can summon one Level 4 or lower Kozmo monster from my deck. So say hello to Kozmo Strawman, in defense mode.”

A strawman digitally appears. Its level and defense points appear. 1800 DEF, Lvl 2.

“Well, not bad, but I place this facedown card to end my turn.”

A facedown card digitally appears. The other students are amazed at Yusa’s deck.

“Wow, Kozmos are amazing.”

“Why are you guys amazed at him, when you should be amazed at my Venom deck that’s beating him.”

“Yeah, but it’s my turn Jason.”

Yusa draws.

“And now, I banish my Kozmo Strawman in order to summon Kozmo DOG Fighter in DEF mode.”

Kozmo Strawman vanishes. Another portal opens in the sky. DOG Fighter comes zooming out of it. Its level and defense points appear. 2400 DEF Level 6.

“There, now that ought to give me a defense. Also, I throw another facedown and end my turn.”

“My turn, I draw!”

A portal forms and another DOG Fighter appears out of it in DEF Mode. Level 6, 2400 DEF.

“Hey, what’s going on?”

“The effect of my DOG Fighter. During any of our standby phases, I can summon a DOG Fighter token with the same attack, defense, and level as DOG Fighter.”

“Well then, I’ll just have to destroy it. I activate Venom Cannon. With this, I can destroy one monster on the field and inflict damage equal to half of its ATK points. So I destroy your DOG Fighter.”

A shot of venom hits DOG Fighter and destroys it. Yusa’s life points go down to 1900.

“I activate DOG Fighter’s special ability. When it’s destroyed, I can banish it an summon a Lvl 5 or lower Kozmo from my deck. So now, I summon Kozmo Delta Shuttle.”

A portal opens in the sky. Delta Shuttle comes zooming out of it. Its attack points and level appear. 2000 ATK Lvl 5

“Well, you lucked out this turn. Due to the effect of Venom Cannon, I can’t conduct battle. So I end my turn.”

“My turn.”

Yusa draws.

“I activate the effect of my Delta Shuttle. By sending a Kozmo monster from my deck to the graveyard, your monster loses attack points equal to the the level of the monster sent to graveyard times 100. So, I send Forerunner to the graveyard.”

Yusa sends a monster into his graveyard.

“Forerunner is a Level 7 monster, so your Leviathan loses 700 ATK points.”

Venom Leviathan’s attack points go down to 1700.

“Now, I summon Kozmo Scaredy Lion.”

I slap the card on my disk. Kozmo Scaredy Lion appears.

“Now, I activate its special ability. By paying 500 life points, I can return three banished Kozmo monsters to my graveyard to inflict 500 damage to you.”

Yusa’s life points go down to 1400. Jason is hit by a roar. His life points go down to 3000.

“Now, Delta Shuttle, attack his Venom Leviathan with Covering Fire.”

Delta Shuttle blasts Venom Leviathan and destroys it. His life points goes down to 2700.

“Now, I end my turn with a facedown.”

A facedown card appears on Yusa’s field.

“My turn.”

Jason draws.

“Hahaha! Now, I’ve got this duel in the bag. By banishing a Venom Swamp and Venom Leviathan in my graveyard, I can summon the most powerful monster in my deck, Pyrovenom: Warrior of the Snakes.”

Pyrovenom: Warrior of the Snakes appears out of the ground. It has flames all over it. Its attack points and level appear. Level 9, 3000 ATK points.

“Whoa, now that’s a powerful monster.”

“With a special ability, when it’s summoned, you take 600 points of damage.”

Venom hits Yusa. His life points go down to 800. The computer speaks

“Warning low life points.”

“I’ll take a precaution. I banish my Scaredy Lion to summon Kozmo Landwalker.”

Scaredy Lion vanishes. A portal on the ground opens up and Landwalker climbs out of it.

“It’s too late, Pyrovenom attack Delta Shuttle and win this duel.”

Pyrovenom charges towards Delta Shuttle.

“I activate my facedown card, Kozmo Defense. Now, this card changes the battle target to my Landwalker.”

Pyrovenom changes its attack.

“And I activate my Landwalker’s special ability. By tributing my Delta Shuttle, it isn’t destroyed.”

“True, but the damage still hits you.”

Pyrovenom hits Landwalker. Yusa’s life points go down to 200. The computer speaks.

“Warning, life points low.”

He is thrown back from the hit.

“Yes, I know.”

“Don’t worry, next turn I’ll finish you off and prove you wrong about your deck.”

“No, you’re wrong Jason.”

Yusa gets up.

“Like I said earlier, I’m through with the past with you. So I’m going to flash forward to the future, starting now. I draw!”

Yusa draws a card and looks at it, smiling.

“Did Yusa just smile, yes, he did. Go Yusa!”

“Alright, I’m going to win this duel Jason, I summon Kozmo Tincan.”

Yusa slaps the card on his disk. A tin creature appears. Its attack points and level show. Level 1, 0 ATK points.

“Hahaha! That’s how your going to win, with a weak monster like that. You should make your entire deck out of that card.”

“No, you remember the abilities of my weaker Kozmo monster. I can banish them to summon more powerful ones, like the most powerful one in my deck. I banish my Kozmo Tincan.”

Kozmo Tincan vanishes. A larger portal appears in the sky.

“What’s this?”

“Now, I summon Kozmo Dark Destroyer.”

Kozmo Dark Destroyer appears out of the portal. Its attack points and level appear. Level 8 3000 ATK points.

“And I’ll make this quick. Its special ability destroys one monster on your field, like your Pyrovenom.”

Kozmo Dark Destroyer shoots a powerful blast at Pyrovenom and destroys it.

“Now, Dark Destroyer, attack Jason directly. Cataclysmic Plasma.”

Dark Destroyer’s cannons charge up. Then it shoots a blast directly at Jason and hits him. The blasts sends him flying. His life points drop to 0. The monsters disappear. The computer speaks.

“Duel over. Winner is Yusa Asuki.”

The people watching cheer for Yusa. Fox walks over to Yusa.

“Yay, you beat him.”

“But don’t celebrate too quickly. My deck isn’t complete you know.”

“I know.”

“Tomorrow, once we get out of school, we’re going to go look for them.”

“You’re right.”

Yusa looks up in the sky. In the Granel District, or the slums of the city, a man holds a card in his hand.

“Yes, this card will be my victory out of this district. And it will make me a champion. No one will be able to stop me. Muhahaha!”

The camera turns black.

This is the updated version of Episode 1, including a new name.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to the Dueling Network Forums!

To sign in, use your duelingnetwork.com account. If you do not have one, register here.