Photo

The End

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Vyro

Vyro

Supreme Patriarch

• Team:[AE] A Posse Ad Esse

Not really a huge reason to post this as I've pretty much been inactive for a while now and this sites almost dead. Just thought it would be nice to leave a record of my farewell for those wondering where I ended up. I've been a member on DN/DNF for 5+ years now, I've made numerous friends throughout this long journey and am grateful to have met you all. Many know of my contributions to DNF overall, the countless sections, awards and guidelines I helped create and my constant attempts to help improve this community. I'm happy with my efforts and think I did the best I could for the community. I always tried to provide a voice of reason to staff members and called them out when I thought fit. I managed to keep MCP perms a lot longer than I should have due to the good advice and tips I constantly provided to certain staff. At the end it was sad to see DNF slowly degenerate and watch certain staff members fuel the DNF downward spiral. Its impossible for me to detail 5+ years of the time I spent on DN/DNF into one forum post so im just keeping it fairly concise. All the friends I've met irl and online through DN/DNF, its been a pleasure to have known you all. To my team AE, it was a great experience to have been on such a fun team for that long and compete season after season against some great opposition. (Cosmos, Donnie, Smitty, Tevin, Wolfy, Zeh all made that team chat hilarious). I appreciate all the WA's/TO's throughout the years that helped me and eventually became good friends of mine (Sunny, Demfiends, Patty, etc)

Its impossible for me to tag everyone specifically as i've literally made so many friends over this 5+ year span, I dont want to start tagging people and then miss somebody, which im pretty sure will accidentally happen. People often asked me why I was so absent in the ending DNF period, I wasnt around as much as this place lost its character. Most of my old school friends had left the site by then and I didnt really have a reason to come on. I think i did all I could for the community and im again happy to have been apart of it throughout the years. I'm probably one of the last 2011 members to make it this long.

For those friends that lost in touch with me and want to get in contact again, I have a discord now (dont use skype anymore). Just shoot me a PM on here and ill give you my discord (im pretty sure you could just ask around too). Nowadays im just playing Overwatch lol. For any old friends of mine who see this, I hope you guys all accomplish your dreams and become successful in life and I hope any advice that I provided throughout the years served useful.

This is the formal end of my time here. I'll leave you guys with an Orson Welles quote that I'm fond of. "If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Take care and good luck.

"I'm for the poor man — all poor men, black and white, they all gotta have a chance. They gotta have a home, a job, and a decent education for their children. 'Every man a king' — that's my slogan." -Huey Long

"I think back to what Camus wrote about the fact that perhaps this world is a world in which children suffer, but we can lessen the number of suffering children, and if you do not do this, then who will do this? I'd like to feel that I'd done something to lessen that suffering." -Robert F. Kennedy

KingWolfy2

KingWolfy2

The Roguemin; DNF Team's Head Captain

• Team:Captain; A Posse Ad Esse

It's been 47 minutes and not one comment. 

No one cares that you're leaving.

"Lucein: wolfy's fangs are made of raw banite, the substance used to forge banhammers"

[02/12/2012] - I'm waiting for you brat.

[5.118.128.9 / 2620:9b::576:8009 - Fausty] is online

Hi wolfy, thanks for being the best big bro. Also sorry.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess

• Preferred Name:No.

I don't know who you are but good luck in your future endeavors, take care and happy holidays. 

CyBlade

CyBlade

/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿ At least I went out in a blaze of Glory

• Preferred Name:Savage
  • Team:Legacy Invaders [DevPRO]

It's sad to see activity slowly dwindling away. It's like we have a yearbook and now it's a school that closed down. Kinda how I feel about it at this point. I'm positive i'll see you on discord and in the salv staff hopefully. I do appreciate everything you have done here and we have some pretty funny memories including talking about a variety of hip hop artists. I know I am probably not one of your favorite people but I'll always consider you a friend. I'm not very active anymore myself and actually came on to check something and saw this so it felt important i'd at least say goodbye. People will notice of course your absence and departure. I'll see you around Vyro. 

1Mq4yKy.png

Some memories never fade..

[1:34 AM] CloudParameters: Don't leave me. I get bored without you.

Leader Of [Oz] Ozone Hosting Team l

genexwrecker

genexwrecker

BAN ALL VENDING MACHINES

I have a question wolfy who is the op?

lDfQq7q.png
Never forget Lightning Laxus! Dn Admin 2-20-14 until 7-6-14

Interested in a donation code? Tag me in Ragequit stories thread with a ragequit screenshot of me and I might consider it based on how funny it is.
6b964zP.jpg

A4ENrSU.png

Vyro

Vyro

Supreme Patriarch

LMAO. Was worth it just to see you post one more time. Nobody cares because everybody already left. I had already said my goodbyes to everyone offsite. I legit left like half a year ago but never bothered to make this until now due to laziness. I just wanted to have a record of my farewell, it wasnt really about informing people that im leaving bc all my friends already knew that I left. But you right. I was never one of the ultra spammy shitposters. Hope you're doing good irl and everythings working out for you man.

I have a question wolfy who is the op?

Just Vyro. Did stuff on DNF and DN. Mainly helped create sections and awards and stuff like that. Not a huge poster. Was also primarily involved in wars. Been around since 2011 but always kept a low-profile, just tried to do a good job. Dont think we ever really crossed paths. I never posted in the ruling section much. My domain was mainly in wars and serious discussions.

Edited by Vyro, 21 December 2016 - 04:12 PM.

"I'm for the poor man — all poor men, black and white, they all gotta have a chance. They gotta have a home, a job, and a decent education for their children. 'Every man a king' — that's my slogan." -Huey Long

"I think back to what Camus wrote about the fact that perhaps this world is a world in which children suffer, but we can lessen the number of suffering children, and if you do not do this, then who will do this? I'd like to feel that I'd done something to lessen that suffering." -Robert F. Kennedy

genexwrecker

genexwrecker

BAN ALL VENDING MACHINES

Just Vyro. Did stuff on DNF and DN. Mainly helped create sections and awards and stuff like that. Not a huge poster. Was also primarily involved in wars. Been around since 2011 but always kept a low-profile, just tried to do a good job. Dont think we ever really crossed paths. I never posted in the ruling section much. My domain was mainly in wars and serious discussions.

probably why i never noticed u

lDfQq7q.png

Interested in a donation code? Tag me in Ragequit stories thread with a ragequit screenshot of me and I might consider it based on how funny it is.
6b964zP.jpg

A4ENrSU.png

(Monarch)-Snow

(Monarch)-Snow

• Preferred Name:Snowie

We wish you a safe farewell, and many good tidings. I didn't know you, but you will be missed by someone on this forum. I think.

Lost in Illusions

Lost in Illusions

▶▶My Orders are Absolute◀◀

• Team:[AoI] Axis of Ignorance

No one cares. gtfo

tumblr_mqlp3w3qdl1qbmhdio1_500.gif

Mr.GX

Mr.GX

~The GFX Supreme King~

• Preferred Name:GFX Cat
  • Team:[TH] Team Hunters - Co-Captain

Another friend leaving, sigh. keep in touch with discord. Thanks for letting me host live wars, was a fun experience. Good Luck in the future!

Vyro

Vyro

Supreme Patriarch

No one cares. gtfo

<3

Joco

Joco

=^_^=

• Team:[EX] The Exile

More like everyone relevant has already left long before.

Posted Image

KingWolfy2

KingWolfy2

. People will notice of course your absence and departure. I'll see you around Vyro. 

No, they won't.

"Lucein: wolfy's fangs are made of raw banite, the substance used to forge banhammers"

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Vyro

Vyro

Supreme Patriarch

No, they won't.

Clearly you already have with 2 posts lol. Keep em comin gramps.

KingWolfy2

KingWolfy2

I notice everything involved with my family.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

oita

oita

RIP this place, I don't see why a Yugioh forum is dead, still the game is really loved and played by so many players around the globe, maybe the DN/DNF community was so proud of it's former glory that thinking about merging with other plateforms (Ygo org) was a no no situation, When DN got shot in that faithful day things got worse for no reason, maybe we lost our loved simulator but that doesnt mean that the forum should go die, Im saying this cuz alot of the people who contributed to this place just lost hope and moved without giving a hard try, anyways man I don't know you that much, still good luck in life and thanks for contributing to DNF.

genexwrecker

genexwrecker

BAN ALL VENDING MACHINES

RIP this place, I don't see why a Yugioh forum is dead, still the game is really loved and played by so many players around the globe, maybe the DN/DNF community was so proud of it's former glory that thinking about merging with other plateforms (Ygo org) was a no no situation, When DN got shot in that faithful day things got worse for no reason, maybe we lost our loved simulator but that doesnt mean that the forum should go die, Im saying this cuz alot of the people who contributed to this place just lost hope and moved without giving a hard try, anyways man I don't know you that much, still good luck in life and thanks for contributing to DNF.

The problem is that this forum was tied specifically to a simulator. Imagine if devpro or ygopro died. their respective sites would lose all their traffic.

lDfQq7q.png

6b964zP.jpg

A4ENrSU.png

! Dark Enlightenment

! Dark Enlightenment

I notice everything involved with my family.

Notice me senpai

Member of [AE] A Posse Ad Esse

http://forum.dueling...der-down-under/

Avril-Girl

Avril-Girl

~MAYAR~

• Team:[NI] Not Interested

Good bye Vyro-sama, you'll be missed like the live wars, it was fun to meet and talk with you, see you around.!

tumblr_n8isxeKSp01s5mgubo1_500.gif

A little Girl, Who Dont Care About People's Talk.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Farewell

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to the Dueling Network Forums!

To sign in, use your duelingnetwork.com account. If you do not have one, register here.