Photo

Can tournaments be run on the Duel Generation app?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Brave Unit 2

Brave Unit 2

So for a long time now, since dueling network got shut down, it was impossible to run tournaments.

You cannot use dueling network because it is shut down.

You cannot use ygopro or devpro or any yugioh simulator that could save replays because after one duel (assuming your playing best 2 out of 3 matches), you could save the replay and go back at the replay and look at your opponent's deck and extra deck which allows you to cheat and know what cards your opponent has.

You could not use duel links because you were limited to only 3 cards on the field and only started with 4 cards in hand.

You could not use dueling nexus because it would soon most likely get shut down like the other simulators.

You could not use duel generation because it was never updated. The ban list was never updated (goyo guardian is still considered banned there even), there were no pendulums and the last update was the one that added all the cards in Legacy of the Valiant and before that and nothing newer was added.

However, now duel generation has finally been updated and now we can use it for tournaments. The ban list has been up dated, pendulum summoning was added, and all cards up to Shining Victories and earlier than that were added so every thing was up to date.

Duel generation is also immune to cease and decists and shut downs by nihon ads system because it was made by Konami so they have all rights to it and nobody can file a lawsuit or a cease and decist.

Making an account is also easy since you can either login with your google account or facebook account or just make a new account.

Edited by Whitehero26, 13 February 2017 - 07:41 PM.
Lets not encourage things that are not legal - Whitehero26

NolChannel

NolChannel

Elite Member

Telling us to illegally subvert a paid service is against forum rules...

Devil Arcana

Devil Arcana

• Team:Autistic Mechdragons

Devpro is pretty legal and not broken, so I suppose hosting tournament there shouldn't end in a mess.

N.d. I am using ygopro recently and dueling nexus 'cause they're not so castrated about the whole ocg cards.

v4wbw2.jpg

Brave Unit 2

Brave Unit 2

Telling us to illegally subvert a paid service is against forum rules...

Where in the rules does it say this?

Devpro is pretty legal and not broken, so I suppose hosting tournament there shouldn't end in a mess.

N.d. I am using ygopro recently and dueling nexus 'cause they're not so castrated about the whole ocg cards.

I already told you, ygopro and devpro allow you to save replays of matches and look back at them and see your opponent's deck, which allows cheating. One of the Moderators (I believe his name was Mangeyhunter) already talked about this.

I will consider looking at dueling nexus though since it has some potential.

Edited by Brave Unit 2, 02 February 2017 - 09:04 AM.

NolChannel

NolChannel

Elite Member

Where in the rules does it say this?

The part where if the forum allowed it, US and Japanese common law would allow the site to be shut down and several lawsuits to be filed.

cardgame1

cardgame1

「Killer Weeb」

• Preferred Name:Wobbu or Kira

I will consider looking at dueling nexus though since it has some potential.

Except Nexus is incredibly buggy and has even more problems than that. Chaining cards often causes Nexus to freeze, some cards don't work properly, and don't even get me started on that 4 minute time limit (which becomes more like 3 due to lag and delays). If Nexus is still up in the future and these problems can be fixed, then it will actually have potential.
tumblr_okjau8Capa1v2u06ro1_400.gif

Rip Scarf-kun. The true hero of Arc-V will be missed.

I've come here to say you're retarded.
Either you're just outright bad at the game, or you're baiting all these people right into your hyper-cringe display of autistic grandstanding.
In any case bravo I guess, you managed to make the stupidest posts I have ever seen in my entire life, ironic or not, and that's saying something.

Brave Unit 2

Brave Unit 2

The part where if the forum allowed it, US and Japanese common law would allow the site to be shut down and several lawsuits to be filed.

@NolChannel A moderator will need to confirm this, because no where in the rules does it say that it is illegal to run tournaments using Duel Generation. A yugioh simulator can only be hit by a cease and decist or lawsuit if it is considered illegal and violated copyrights and is run by unauthorized third parties. Duel Generation is a fully legal app that is made and authorized by Konami and they have rights to it. To get around having to pay for cards through the app store or play store, you just need to use a third party app called Lucky Patcher and then you will have a guaranteed way to run tournaments.

Previously you could never use duel generation since the banlist was never updated and it still appeared to have used the old 2015 banlist and pendulums were not yet added but Konami finally made duel generation have potential. Bugs and glitches are always being fixed and patched almost every month unlike dueling nexus which has bugs.

There are only 2 flaws that are holding duel generation back from its full potential and keeping it from being the absolute best yugioh simulator. One is that duel generation seriously drains your smart phone battery and it eats up your smart phones memory, and Two is that it is fairly slow and like if you have a Maxx C in your hand or a set Mystical Space Typhoon or something, it will constantly keep asking you repeatedly if you want to activate it every single time you can activate it and you have to keep selecting "No", thus making it somewhat tedious and boring.

The moderator was right about dueling nexus since it does have bugs that need fixing.

NolChannel

NolChannel

Elite Member

Now you normally have to pay for certain cards, however this can be avoided by downloading a third party app called Lucky Patcher and this will allow you to get all the paid cards for free.
Just google "duel generation lucky patcher" without the quotes to learn how to get all the free cards.

This is explicitly illegal. The site literally cannot adopt this without being sued.

frenzyhero

frenzyhero

Pretty much a veteran member.

@NolChannel A moderator will need to confirm this, because no where in the rules does it say that it is illegal to run tournaments using Duel Generation. A yugioh simulator can only be hit by a cease and decist or lawsuit if it is considered illegal and violated copyrights and is run by unauthorized third parties. Duel Generation is a fully legal app that is made and authorized by Konami and they have rights to it. To get around having to pay for cards through the app store or play store, you just need to use a third party app called Lucky Patcher and then you will have a guaranteed way to run tournaments.

read the tos dumbass

ShadowGearGaming

ShadowGearGaming

This is explicitly illegal. The site literally cannot adopt this without being sued.

I would myself incline to agree. Using a "patcher" to obtain cards that normally need to be bought in a yu-gi-oh app is strictly illegal. Therefore suggestions on using that as a base to hold tournaments and even duels when your running this Patcher would be unjustly to the yu-gi-oh app dev

chaos.knight199

chaos.knight199

tfw this site is still sorta alive

• Preferred Name:CK
  • Team:[Q4] Quadrifoglio

Terrible idea. If you are really interested in tournaments, you should go to DevPro or YGOPro Salvation. They're hosting quite a bit of events. 

Edited by chaos.knight199, 13 February 2017 - 04:49 PM.

Most Helpful Forum Staff Member 2013 - Thanks for all of your support!

Ex-Head Super Moderator | Ex-In-Game Senior Administrator | Ex-Appeal/Report Handler

Ex-Head Tournament Organizer and Ex-War Adjudicator

Posted Image

"Dare to reach out your hand into the darkness, to pull another hand into the light." ~Norman B. Rice

Ezra_Scarlet

Ezra_Scarlet

Why not just use DuelingBook? Xteven will just create a new one if that ever gets shut down.

*insert Trash Dove meme here*

http://i.imgur.com/uRCor7c.png

solopolo

solopolo

We Are All Evil

use salvation. they have manual dueling

I hate a lot of things. If you want to know if I hate something and why i hate it: http://forum.dueling...solopolo-hates/

Bqw3q09.jpg21.jpg

solo.jpg

yugi's boss 20

yugi's boss 20

Captain of the DNF ShipGirl Fleet.

• Team:[KQOG]

This is a horrible idea for several reasons. Most of which have already been explained but I'll list them again.
Using Duel Generation to run tournaments is illegal, and DN doesn't need more lawsuits.
Using a third party patcher to circumvent Duel Generation. Also illegal. Not to mention that it exposes your device to malware.
Duel Generation is nowhere near the "Best." Yu-Gi-Oh simulator out there.
Fuck, Nexus is buggy as all hell and it's still better than that shit.
You could just use Salvation, and I'm pretty damn sure Devpro has a way to disable replays.

tumblr_nvq8mgTqMd1tkuvw7o10_400.jpg74720-suo.jpg

tumblr_nfy9xzvueH1siqj7yo1_400.jpg214bfc02b472ff27f739c907244dd215.jpg

My trade thread http://forum.dueling...1916/?p=2391081 former leader KQOG (Temporarily disbanded)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to the Dueling Network Forums!

To sign in, use your duelingnetwork.com account. If you do not have one, register here.