36 replies to this topic

notcleverusername

notcleverusername

¯\_(ツ)_/¯©

• Team:Suibon Fan Club

CAC 43: Field Spell Retrain
unknown.png
Image credit to the Erosionseeker
Welcome to CAC 43! This contest will feature a Create-a-Card component that will test your creativity, ingenuity, and PSCT knowledge. To fulfill the objective of this contest, you must create a card that fulfills the theme and the rules of this contest.

Theme? What Theme?
The theme of this contest is Field Spell Retrain. In this Create-a-Card Contest, you must invent a balanced card that retrains a Field Spell, like how Legendary Ocean did for Umi.
There are 2 additional rules: Your Field Spell must always be treated as the Field Spell it is retraining, and you cannot make a Umi retrain.

What Should I Know?
  • You must not copy other members' submissions.
  • The deadline for this contest will be Wednesday, 22 February 2017 at 23:59 Pacific Time.
  • Your posts may be edited at any time without need for a notice until the deadline, but cannot be edited after the deadline.
  • The penalty for breaking these rules is disqualification.
  • Cards will be evaluated based on: Creativity, balance, problem-solving card text, and adherence to the theme.

Sounds Great! How Do I Enter?
To join this Contest, all you have to do is post your entry in this topic with spoiler tags*. Make sure to include all its necessary details, such as its name, its card type, its effect, and so on. Optionally, you may explain how the card works or is intended to work, and/or your vision for it. A winner will be declared on Sunday, 26 Feb 2017Feel free to contact me or any other CAC mods if you need to know anything else! Good luck, and peace and prosperity be with you!

By the Way, What Happens If I Win?
Quest: Win 3 Official Create-A-Card Contests
Award: Create-A-Card Contest Winner
16-AwardsImgMaster.png

Useless Useful Hint:
Swear to God if they're just boring searching Field Spells I'm gonna stab someone (interesting search Field Spells are fine, but tread carefully)

PS: If you have any suggestions, formatting notes, or if you want to talk about anything in general, let me know on the Create-A-Card Discord.

Edited by notcleverusername, 26 February 2017 - 07:17 PM.

Disclaimer: My strategies aren't good, they're just amusing.
Come and rate my many CACs: The Notclever CACollection, for your tl;dring pleasure.

Shadow Dragon666

Shadow Dragon666

Truth Seeking Chronoweaver

kinhcan1002

kinhcan1002

The Remnant of DN

• Preferred Name:Pinky
  • Team:[UNKNOWN]

Edited by kinhcan1002, 08 February 2017 - 05:13 AM.

God bless Konmai.

simmons2143

simmons2143

DOOM

Reasoning:

Edited by simmons2143, 09 February 2017 - 04:40 PM.

This World Needs Heroes

CSW_k7yUYAAzNv4.jpg

Deck Discussion and RP Mod Nope, just a quitter.

NolChannel

NolChannel

Elite Member

Reasoning:

Edited by NolChannel, 08 February 2017 - 08:20 PM.

Yugi.feder03

Yugi.feder03

Reasoning:

Edited by Yugi.feder03, 08 February 2017 - 06:03 PM.

Pendragon_01

Pendragon_01

Rowlet is best

yudiop

yudiop

Edited by yudiop, 13 February 2017 - 10:27 AM.

KaousFaustXIII

KaousFaustXIII

Elite Member

Edited by KaousFaustXIII, 10 February 2017 - 05:30 AM.

Posted Image

mrbiff

mrbiff

"I'm a producer now!"

Stabalizing Field

Edited by mrbiff, 11 February 2017 - 10:59 PM.

taric_sig_by_robath8-d8jkwnb.png

/|\The Original Game Master/|\

iKaiju

iKaiju

• Preferred Name:MisterBayou

Edited by iKaiju, 14 February 2017 - 03:59 PM.

Raycorra

Raycorra

I hate changing this thing.

tumblr_nf4kvj9TeS1s51f2jo1_250.png

Encyclopedia of How to Rekt the Thought Process of Cauals.

"Telling someone it's wrong to use the better deck because they want to win

is like being mad that a person doesn't use a Tricycle in the Tour de France"

"How interesting is a deck that banks on a condition both inconsistent and fragile, which doesn't win consistently, and achieves nothing except that 'fun' you get by moving cards around vainly in hope for a victory achieved less than 20% of the time?"

frenzyhero

frenzyhero

Pretty much a veteran member.

Yami ōkoku

I'll probably need some BKSS.

Are there any more potential things I need to hit?

Edited by frenzyhero, 13 February 2017 - 06:20 AM.

KaousFaustXIII

KaousFaustXIII

Elite Member

Yami ōkoku

I'll probably need some BKSS.

Are there any more potential things I need to hit?

So I basically just need a DARK monster that cannot be destroyed by battle for an unbreakable board?

Edited by KaousFaustXIII, 17 February 2017 - 03:54 AM.

Posted Image

frenzyhero

frenzyhero

So I basically just need a DARK monster that cannot be destroyed by battle for an unbreakable board?

Get piercing.

Finny the Poo

Finny the Poo

Anarchy

Edited by Finny the Poo, 17 February 2017 - 11:09 AM.

- Winner: "Rolling Create-A-Card Competition Thread": TV/Movie Archetype contest (May 9-16, 2016): Game of Thrones "Quinary King" Archetype

- Winner: "Rolling Create-A-Card Competition Thread": Old Archetype Support contest (June 19-26, 2016): Meklord support

- Winner: "CAA #5 || Words Words Words": Archetype based on gameplay keyword (May 16 - June 16, 2016): "Janussian" (Control)

Pendragon_01

Pendragon_01

Rowlet is best

Anarchy

Suddenly the Paradise Lost reference dies...

eclipseJacob1212

eclipseJacob1212

Team Hybrid

• Preferred Name:Eclipse
  • Team:Duelists of Geoix

Qlipper Zone

Notes

*Phew.* It's not easy finding a good Field Spell that hasn't been taken yet. This CAC wasn't pretty difficult itself, it was just finding the right Field. 

Edited by eclipseJacob1212, 22 February 2017 - 07:20 AM.

"It's Time to Flashforward to the Future!"

"I duel for one reason, to make my father proud."

"Behold, my Level 9 Kozmo Dragon!"

A couple of lines from my Flashforward Series. I recently got downgraded and now I live in Astro Dragon District. Lost a match in the District Championship. 

notcleverusername

notcleverusername

¯\_(ツ)_/¯©

Last 2 days to submit an entry!

Come and rate my many CACs: The Notclever CACollection, for your tl;dring pleasure.

Finny the Poo

Finny the Poo

Suddenly the Paradise Lost reference dies...

I was going for "Pandemonium" as a concept, not the fictional city. Plus, "Anarchy" still plays into the chess motif to a degree, especially since banishing the king reloads the card.

- Winner: "Rolling Create-A-Card Competition Thread": TV/Movie Archetype contest (May 9-16, 2016): Game of Thrones "Quinary King" Archetype

- Winner: "Rolling Create-A-Card Competition Thread": Old Archetype Support contest (June 19-26, 2016): Meklord support

- Winner: "CAA #5 || Words Words Words": Archetype based on gameplay keyword (May 16 - June 16, 2016): "Janussian" (Control)

notcleverusername

notcleverusername

¯\_(ツ)_/¯©

The entry period has concluded! I'll see you all again on Sunday with the results!

notcleverusername

notcleverusername

¯\_(ツ)_/¯©

For the record, these ratings are done as if Link Monsters were not introduced, because that's too much data for me to process right now in addition to the large number of entries.
@Shadow Dragon666

@kinhcan1002

@simmons2143

@NolChannel

@Yugi.feder03

@Pendragon_01

@yudiop

@KaousFaustXIII

@mrbiff

@iKaiju

@Raycorra

@frenzyhero

@Finny the Poo

@eclipseJacob1212

Holy shit, 14 entries. That hurt. For coming out on top, congratulations to--

NolChannel

NolChannel

Elite Member

You dock points for searching but let Metalfoes generically search both Ariadne and Archlord Kristya... ?

No offense to Yugi Feder, but you just let the most broken card in this contest win. : P

Edited by NolChannel, 27 February 2017 - 12:35 AM.

frenzyhero

frenzyhero

The main fault is...it's not often I get to say this for a card that's actually well-written and with so much effort invested in it, but as an actual card this would be an absolute rulings nightmare.

have to write an essay for a card barely 3 sentences long lol

edit-

honestly I did mean to go back and nix the part where it removes itself.

but I forgot to, which makes the card much stronger. faust had a point, not every deck accesses piercing, and that's a really bad way to say to counter something, and I cant think of any other way to remove something like Spirit Reaper while that card's in effect.

Edited by frenzyhero, 27 February 2017 - 12:43 AM.

notcleverusername

notcleverusername

¯\_(ツ)_/¯©

You dock points for searching but let Metalfoes generically search both Ariadne and Archlord Kristya... ?

No offense to Yugi Feder, but you just let the most broken card in this contest win. : P

For various reasons I don't think Metalfoes Kristya is a big deal at all, or even really viable, to be honest, regardless of this cards' existence. Metalfoes Ariadne would certainly receive a boost, but (feel free to call me out of touch, you probably wouldn't be wrong) I've never considered Ariadne and its various uses broken in the first place. A good card, to be sure, but no more than that.

On a side note, say what you will about me being out of touch, but I'm at the very least certain it's not the most broken card submitted. I'd give that dubious honor to, given some location designators, iKaiju, or mrbiff's.

EDIT:

For the record, I do consider Yugifeder's searching to be uninteresting. Not as uninteresting as search on activate, or ignition-like search with a non-cost, but I would've preferred more pizzazz on that end. I let it slide mainly because you do have to jump through some hoops for it, even if that hoop is basically "Run Metalfoes".

EDIT2:

Having thought about it some more, I've also realized you can't pop both Yugifeder's Field AND Ariadne in the same turn anyways without committing your Normal Summon or jumping through other hoops, since you'd have to use 1 scale to pop the Field, and putting Ariadne in the other scale would leave you without a live Metalfoes scale to use a pop effect in the first place.

have to write an essay for a card barely 3 sentences long lol

edit-

honestly I did mean to go back and nix the part where it removes itself.

but I forgot to, which makes the card much stronger. faust had a point, not every deck accesses piercing, and that's a really bad way to say to counter something, and I cant think of any other way to remove something like Spirit Reaper while that card's in effect.

As far as it goes, I don't think the stalling applications would be especially borken, because stalling is bad. Spirit Reaper can be dealt with by removing the Field Spell, as can most stalling applications, because most similar cards would be unable to actually interfere with your plays, especially when the Field actually prevents a large number of methods of disruption anyways.

Side note, but presumably it would negate "While this card is face-up on the field" or "This card must be face-up on the field to activate and resolve"? How would it react to trigger effects?

Edited by notcleverusername, 27 February 2017 - 02:05 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: CAContest, 43, Field Spell, Retrain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to the Dueling Network Forums!

To sign in, use your duelingnetwork.com account. If you do not have one, register here.