Photo

[V Jump] New Rules

* * * * * 2 votes

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

furyofyuriy

furyofyuriy

Pendulum Expert

Based on the Q & A only XYZ, Synchro, and fusion monsters summoned from the extradeck goes to the EMZ. Extradeck monsters that are summon from the grave or banish zone (after being summoned from the extra) will go to the normal monster zone.

Please don't make assumptions about the Extra Monster Zone. The current mechanics have no restriction on which Zone you can place Omega in when it returns to the field. This may or may not change with the new rules.

What we currently have states only that Extra Monsters can be Summoned from the Extra Deck only to an Extra Monster Zone or to a Link Monster's Linked Zone. Summoning from other locations doesn't have this restriction.

Remember that the key word is summon, since omega was in a specific zone when it left, its not summoned again. As was mentioned, we need confirmation on this, however for now it can be assumed it can't return if something else occupies that zone

MadRest

MadRest

Slumber of Nonsensicality - HakkyŨ no Madoromi

Remember that the key word is summon, since omega was in a specific zone when it left, its not summoned again. As was mentioned, we need confirmation on this, however for now it can be assumed it can't return if something else occupies that zone

Why can it be assumed? It could go either way.

furyofyuriy

furyofyuriy

Pendulum Expert

Why can it be assumed? It could go either way.

because now card movement matters. Furthermore, there are now two types of monster zones. Thus if the rule only applies to the summoning of card, one can surmise the same ruling would apply to the ruling of omega verse a full field, it has no where to go.

zaziuma

zaziuma

Elite Member

Pretty much. Say I activate PSY-Framegear Delta, then use Circuit to synchro into Omega. That's fine and dandy, no issues there. Then, on summon, Omega banishes itself and a card from my opponent's hand, then I activate PSY-Framegear Gamma, summon another Omega, which also banishes itself. In my next standby, both return, what happens? Does one go to the graveyard? Is it legal to even summon a second Omega?

In the case of BA, does controlling a LINK monster count as controlling a non-BA?

Ah I see, well I agree with MadRest here, it's too early to say what will happen to it, it's best to wait, but I would assume you can still Summon another one, as it only seems to be a restriction on the actual Summon, not anything else. And BA would blow up, they are still on your field and still a monster.

GrandmistressD

GrandmistressD

Another One Bites the Dust

Ah I see, well I agree with MadRest here, it's too early to say what will happen to it, it's best to wait, but I would assume you can still Summon another one, as it only seems to be a restriction on the actual Summon, not anything else. And BA would blow up, they are still on your field and still a monster.

Ya, we will have to wait, but it's what I'm worried about.

14X2Rjx.png

Hydronix

Hydronix

Loving this change. Only thing of interest to me is all the various new rulings.

Also, this makes me glad Level Eater is gone. At least, with no hard opt and being at 3, you could spam out Link monsters easier. That's not a good thing.

I do like how this has little effect on Xyz Change cards(I.E. Gaia Dragon, the Thunder Charger) as well as general Synchro spam if you only have one ED monster at a time out. You can still do cool combos, but you need to play way more smartly. Things like Call of the Haunted become more useful and relevant now, since getting back that Synchro is more useful. In addition, that tuner as well. Another notable thing is that the fact columns are important again(it did matter due to the new rulings since CDIP you couldn't change where a card is outside of a card effect) makes it kind of fun. Albeit, it might make playmats kind of necessary, but that's not exactly hard to find. Buy a Structure, some of the Legendary Collections, a Starter, or just ask someone if they have an extra.

As for the ED itself, I agree it needs to move up the number of cards. Arguably, you could go well beyond 20, but that really depends on how good the spam can get. More or less, throw it to 20, play it out. Can people even make a lot of spam? Yes? Keep it at 20. No? You can easily have big extra decks again. The only argument I can see against this is too much toolboxing, which is a fair point, so 20 seems like a very good way to do it. Another way is that you can have more than 20, but you can only have up to 15 Xyz/Synchro/Fusions. They've had odd restrictions before, so... Albeit, it would seem arbitrary to a degree, but it would make it more balanced too.

Kuriboh3000

Kuriboh3000

Elite Member

Do you think that we will ever get Link Pendulum Monsters? Maybe one of the left or right scales would be replaced with a link. That would be interesting. Link Spell and Trap cards would be cool too. They can have links that point up to the main monster zones.

Pendragon_01

Pendragon_01

Rowlet is best

You know, in retrospect, it's not all too surprising that the new rules would focus on weakening the Extra Deck a little. Over the last few years, we've had several cards, and even entire decks, that restrict or even punish use of the Extra Deck. Ryu Okami, Ghost Reaper & Winter Cherries, the Nekroz, the Shaddolls, the new Monarchs, and so on and so forth. Perhaps they were preparing us for this.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Org XIII -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to the Dueling Network Forums!

To sign in, use your duelingnetwork.com account. If you do not have one, register here.