• This topic is locked This topic is locked
21 replies to this topic

notcleverusername

notcleverusername

¯\_(ツ)_/¯©

• Team:Suibon Fan Club

CAC 44: Sports

7SpGZl5.jpg
Welcome to CAC 44! This contest will feature a Create-a-Card component that will test your creativity, ingenuity, and PSCT knowledge. To fulfill the objective of this contest, you must create a card that fulfills the theme and the rules of this contest.

Theme? What Theme?
The theme of this contest is Sports. In this Create-a-Card Contest, you must invent a balanced card that is related to sports activities/players/history/etc.

What Should I Know?
  • You must not copy other members' submissions.
  • The deadline for this contest will be Wednesday, 15 March 2017 at 23:59 Pacific Time.
  • Your posts may be edited at any time without need for a notice until the deadline, but cannot be edited after the deadline.
  • The penalty for breaking these rules is disqualification.
  • Cards will be evaluated based on: Creativity, balance, problem-solving card text, and adherence to the theme.

Sounds Great! How Do I Enter?
To join this Contest, all you have to do is post your entry in this topic with spoiler tags*. Make sure to include all its necessary details, such as its name, its card type, its effect, and so on. Optionally, you may explain how the card works or is intended to work, and/or your vision for it. A winner will be declared on Sunday, 19 March 2017Feel free to contact me or any other CAC mods if you need to know anything else! Good luck, and peace and prosperity be with you!

By the Way, What Happens If I Win?
Quest: Win 3 Official Create-A-Card Contests
Award: Create-A-Card Contest Winner
16-AwardsImgMaster.png

Useless Useful Hint:
Calvinball is a sport, but e-gaming and chess are not, no matter what the Olympics Committee says.

PS: If you have any suggestions, formatting notes, or if you want to talk about anything in general, let me know on the Create-A-Card Discord.

Edited by notcleverusername, 20 March 2017 - 12:09 AM.

Disclaimer: My strategies aren't good, they're just amusing.
Come and rate my many CACs: The Notclever CACollection, for your tl;dring pleasure.

eclipseJacob1212

eclipseJacob1212

Team Black Flare

• Preferred Name:Eclipse
  • Team:Duelists of Geoix

Little idea, U.A's are a sports deck

Edited by eclipseJacob1212, 01 March 2017 - 02:00 PM.

"It's Time to Flashforward to the Future!"

"I duel for one reason, to make my father proud."

"Behold, my Level 9 Kozmo Dragon!"

A couple of lines from my Flashforward Series. I recently got downgraded and now I live in Astro Dragon District. Lost a match in the District Championship. 

yudiop

yudiop

Card Entry

Explanation

Edited by yudiop, 02 March 2017 - 11:35 AM.

Pendragon_01

Pendragon_01

My partner Null was born to be a beast killer!

Entry

Explanation

Shadow Dragon666

Shadow Dragon666

Truth Seeking Chronoweaver

Entry

Explanation

thomasihkim

thomasihkim

• Preferred Name:Sun Tzu

I missed the last CAC due to my terribly busy schedule, and also just having some personal issues in my life which also led to a lack of inspiration. But I am back and hope to compete alongside everyone else once again!

Card Entry

Explanation

Edited by thomasihkim, 05 March 2017 - 01:55 PM.

wpRB0R1.png

"Strategy without tactics is the slowest way to victory.

Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat."

- Sun Tzu

mrbiff

mrbiff

"I'm a producer now!"

Brooming Golem

Stuff

Edited by notcleverusername, 17 March 2017 - 12:00 AM.

taric_sig_by_robath8-d8jkwnb.png

/|\The Original Game Master/|\

notcleverusername

notcleverusername

¯\_(ツ)_/¯©

A bit late, but my sleep schedule's destroyed. So it's last call! 7 and a half hours to spit out a sports theme!

Come and rate my many CACs: The Notclever CACollection, for your tl;dring pleasure.

frenzyhero

frenzyhero

Pretty much a veteran member.

clearly is penalty cards.

that highlight=can be activated while resolving a chain

notcleverusername

notcleverusername

¯\_(ツ)_/¯©

Thanks for the entries! See you all on Sunday!

notcleverusername

notcleverusername

¯\_(ツ)_/¯©

@yudiop

@Pendragon_01

@Shadow Dragon666

@thomasihkim

@mrbiff

@frenzyhero

First place this time goes to--

Edited by notcleverusername, 20 March 2017 - 02:25 PM.

frenzyhero

frenzyhero

Hahaha no

yeah i knew it was pretty strong but dimensional barrier is still at 3 sooooo?

NolChannel

NolChannel

Elite Member

D Barrier is a minus one that punishes deck linearty, and has no relevance against established boards or 60 card decks.

Yellow Card is Judgement with, not only no cost, but can be played the turn it's set AND draws 1.

yudiop

yudiop

Uh...wow. I disqualified you instantly for reasons that should be obvious

I may have missed something but what is so obvious? OK, I made some text error and probably made the sent to the graveyard effect a bit too powerful but I miss why I was dq'ed.

Also the 4000 ATK effect needs you to tribute 4 monsters with 100 ATK or DEF, it's really not as broken as it seems (although maybe I should've lowered the ATK or removed the SS Synchro eff in hindsight.) 

frenzyhero

frenzyhero

OK, I made some text error

this is the main thing

proper psct is one of the most important judging factors in cac

your cards need to read as though they could be a real card

notcleverusername

notcleverusername

¯\_(ツ)_/¯©

There's a pretty clear difference between figuratively ending your opponent's turn and actually ending your opponent's turn :P

Also worth noting that DBarrier's 3ness may or may not simply be due to the fact that there hasn't been a banlist in over half a year now

I may have missed something but what is so obvious? OK, I made some text error and probably made the sent to the graveyard effect a bit too powerful but I miss why I was dq'ed.

Also the 4000 ATK effect needs you to tribute 4 monsters with 100 ATK or DEF, it's really not as broken as it seems (although maybe I should've lowered the ATK or removed the SS Synchro eff in hindsight.) 

I mean, any time I see "Summon up to 4" there's gonna have to be some REALLY GOOD arguments as to why I should read any further, and you made none of them :P

I read further anyways, and everything after that was still insane anyways

Also, don't listen to frenzyhero.

this is the main thing

your cards need to read as though they could be a real card

Don't do that, he might believe you. >:^(

frenzyhero

frenzyhero

Don't do that, he might believe you. >:^(

brah im sick of reading bad psct

this isnt 2008

we have guides on this stuff

I've written more about psct than my brother wrote on his thesis on geothermal power pertaining to the HVAC industry.

yudiop

yudiop

It wasn't psct error it was that I forgot to add a clause which is why the card is broken.

I see "Summon up to 4" there's gonna have to be some REALLY GOOD arguments as to why I should read any further,

Up to 4 monsters that have 100 ATK or 100 DEF, there's not many good monsters to summon and even if it opens up synchro plays (which it does), you wouldn't be able to use his eff and when he leaves the field all monsters in the graveyard (which is the clause I missed, really sorry about that :[ ) all of the monsters with 100 ATK or 100 DEF get banished, so it means you'd have to sync with him last in the combo. 

Honestly, I think the effect that is actually broken is the synchro summon, not the summon 4.

Anyway, congrats to the winner.

frenzyhero

frenzyhero

It wasn't psct error it was that I forgot to add a clause which is why the card is broken.
your psct was garbo too tho

yudiop

yudiop

your psct was garbo too tho

lol, if you say so mate, only psct is error is not using a colon after 'when this card attacks' and then changing the colon after 'tribute all of those cards' to a semi colon .

Edited by yudiop, 20 March 2017 - 04:50 PM.

frenzyhero

frenzyhero

When this card is Summoned, you can Special Summon up to 4 monsters from your hand or either players Graveyard that have either 100 ATK or 100 DEF to your side of the field. (2)When this card attacks, if you control 4 other monsters with either 100 ATK or 100 DEF, you can tribute all of those cards: This card gains 4000 ATK and your opponent cannot activate cards or effects in response to this cards attack. (3)At the end of the Battle Phase destroy this card. (4)If this card is sent to the Graveyard; banish as many monsters with either 100 ATK or 100 DEF and if you do: Special Summon 1 EARTH Synchro monster from your Extra Deck to your side of the field. (This is treated as the Synchro Summon of a Synchro Monster.)

Also

"only psct error is using incorrect punctuation"

Except that's a rather egregious error in itself, when a colon and a semicolon mean two drastically different things in this game.

And even if it wasn't, you're wrong. There are multiple other errors.

If you don't understand PSCT that's fine, there are reference resources. But you shouldn't just put your fingers in your ears.

Edited by frenzyhero, 20 March 2017 - 06:28 PM.

notcleverusername

notcleverusername

¯\_(ツ)_/¯©

Up to 4 monsters that have 100 ATK or 100 DEF, there's not many good monsters to summon and even if it opens up synchro plays (which it does), you wouldn't be able to use his eff and when he leaves the field all monsters in the graveyard (which is the clause I missed, really sorry about that :[ ) all of the monsters with 100 ATK or 100 DEF get banished, so it means you'd have to sync with him last in the combo. 

Honestly, I think the effect that is actually broken is the synchro summon, not the summon 4.

They're all broken in different ways and means.

Honestly not even sure how to explain to you that the first effect is totally unjustifiable because it really should be self-evident.

The second effect is actually in some aspects kinda bad, but it's possibly even worse designed because it's only useful if you can do a full resolution of the first effect, so it's only useful when hinging off a broken effect. The effect itself doesn't really seem inherently broken, but giving 4k no-response is also difficult to balance with different requirements, so it's probably just the context of requiring a Tribute 4.

And the 3rd effect is also broken, yes, with being able to be sent from anywhere and pump out Synchros on the cheap (for the record, if this card is the only 1 sent, it's the only one that gets banished--meaning you can just Foolish a Naturia Beast).

No OPTs on anything certainly doesn't help the issue. At least it's hard to resolve the first effect multiple times when the last effect banishes all targets?

Also, for the record, your PSCT was pretty bad but that is usually the last category I consider when rating a card, despite what frenzyhero may prefer.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: CAContest, 44, Sports

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to the Dueling Network Forums!

To sign in, use your duelingnetwork.com account. If you do not have one, register here.