Photo

Petition for Konami to Create a Dueling Network-type Simulator thing

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Pendragon_01

Pendragon_01

My partner Null was born to be a beast killer!

You're all gonna call me an idiot, but I decided to create a petition for Konami to create a DN-type simulator. All those interested can find it here: https://www.change.o...ork-replacement

(DX)Nuran

(DX)Nuran

Pretty Boy

just play duelingbook its alot better then dn ever was

Lady Jaire

Lady Jaire

Honorable Member

​I would suspect that this thread is made in-part because of the expectation that Dueling Book would not continue to last for similar reasons.

​I also figure that if Konami wanted to go ahead and make such a thing, they would have already. It would probably need to have micro-transactions or something akin to that, as they probably would not want people to be able to do anything in the game without paying. Maybe they think that would not go over all that well, which is why they have gone about doing what they currently do. There is no certainty, but I doubt this could get anywhere.

Kyoko~

Kyoko~

Yeah, just play Dueling Book until it gets shut down.

NolChannel

NolChannel

Elite Member

​I also figure that if Konami wanted to go ahead and make such a thing, they would have already. It would probably need to have micro-transactions or something akin to that, as they probably would not want people to be able to do anything in the game without paying.

They did make this, and NAS was in on the cut.

It failed almost entirely due to DN.

PurpleSkull

PurpleSkull

• Preferred Name:Purple-San
  • Team:PurpleSkulls

You're all gonna call me an idiot, but I decided to create a petition for Konami to create a DN-type simulator. All those interested can find it here: https://www.change.o...ork-replacement

You Forgot this, Please update the OP

409.gif

Yes, I am a jedi ghost eating popcorn. Yes the force rewarded someone like me, crazy right?

Q1xDaC1.png

They already have such things on the market. Close this thread, now?

Edited by PurpleSkull, 17 March 2017 - 01:07 AM.

239570-9154734-wing01(1).jpg

Pendragon_01

Pendragon_01

@PurpleSkull Yes, as I stated in the petition, they have Dueling Simulators. However, they're not viable options for competitive training, as DN was. That's what I, along with the signers, am asking for there.

Edited by Pendragon_01, 17 March 2017 - 09:15 AM.

Lady Jaire

Lady Jaire

Honorable Member

They did make this, and NAS was in on the cut.

It failed almost entirely due to DN.

​I meant why not try again. If they knew that was successful, hence part of the takedown...I should not have to explain further.

NolChannel

NolChannel

Elite Member

​I meant why not try again. If they knew that was successful, hence part of the takedown...I should not have to explain further.

See Duel Links.
See Legacy of the Duelist.
See the Vita game they supported for years.

Lady Jaire

Lady Jaire

Honorable Member

​It is like nobody here actually knows the differences in the games. The OP and I know other games exist. They are not the same damn game.

​Gimmicky retro-ish trash, Battle Pack Simulator, and Tag Force being an on-going series, are not the same. Stop being stupid.

NolChannel

NolChannel

Elite Member

​Gimmicky retro-ish trash, Battle Pack Simulator, and Tag Force being an on-going series, are not the same. Stop being stupid.

Why would they have the incentive to make something unprofitable?

Lady Jaire

Lady Jaire

Honorable Member

Are words are being overlooked intentionally? They would not make something EXACTLY like DN. They can make a profit out of it with differences.

​I do not expect this to happen, since it has not already happened. That would be it.

Muur

Muur

かわいい

Four people lol

Even if it had like 50k, they wont do shit

Posted Image

Kyoko~

Kyoko~

Jeez... Duel Links and Legacy of the Duelist are nothing like DN or DB. You have to wait to get cards, micro transactions, etc. It's dumb. There needs to be a dueling simulator from Konami that is just like DN.

So you can make your deck, try out new cards, etc. Stop completely throwing off the main point of this thread.

NolChannel

NolChannel

Elite Member

The literal only effective difference between Legacy of the Duelist and DN is that one (was) free.

Lady Jaire

Lady Jaire

Honorable Member

​System is and will be further dated with the upcoming changes to the overall game. I do not expect it to receive updates with dynamic differences. Even if it did, by virtue of it being moderately new, there is still a difference in packs and the such vs unlimited access to cards; there can be more lenient ways to grant access to content while still making a profit.

Would making a whole new game be cost efficient considering how minor differences may be? Probably not. Regardless, there is point to this thread.

Pendragon_01

Pendragon_01

The literal only effective difference between Legacy of the Duelist and DN is that one (was) free.

There actually are other differences. DN didn't make you waste time trying to find the exact cards you needed to test out a deck idea, and it updated with the banlist, which I'm not sure that LotD does. 

Kyoko~

Kyoko~

DN you never had to pull cards from packs and hope that you get the card, and they can't update the game as fast as DN did in the way where you could test the cards when they were in the OCG and such.

HappyTheCatSky

HappyTheCatSky

That crazy Serbian guy

• PipPipPipPip
  • Team:Im a lone wolf m9

I confirmed my acc on dbook and still when i click log in nothing happens somebody help me?Yes i made a new account

Pain magistra vitae est

NolChannel

NolChannel

Elite Member

DN you never had to pull cards from packs and hope that you get the card, and they can't update the game as fast as DN did in the way where you could test the cards when they were in the OCG and such.

You willing to pay $59.99 and $5/ mo?

Pendragon_01

Pendragon_01

I confirmed my acc on dbook and still when i click log in nothing happens somebody help me?Yes i made a new account

That's not what this thread is about. Please use the proper thread for your inquiry.

You willing to pay $59.99 and $5/ mo?

It would probably be more like $20-40 one time and then $8-10 a month.

Muur

Muur

かわいい

There actually are other differences. DN didn't make you waste time trying to find the exact cards you needed to test out a deck idea, and it updated with the banlist, which I'm not sure that LotD does. 

It did actually, they also added more cards. 

But of course the new cards was all paid DLC

But if Konami did want to make a DN - it would probably cost you more than LOTD

Also since it's a 2 year old game there wont be many people playing it

Edited by Muur, 20 March 2017 - 12:44 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to the Dueling Network Forums!

To sign in, use your duelingnetwork.com account. If you do not have one, register here.