new forum ideas for march 2017

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Juji Kabane

Juji Kabane

consultant and creative director

• Preferred Name:Dr. Engima
  • Team:Leader: Death Monger

Not enough forum ideas being suggested, I don't like it. So I got some ideas for reviews and approvel.

1: a campaign to get people to join dueling network forum.

2: a full kick start to the forum.

3: a greeting team..... to great new members and welcome them to the forum by pm. A helping hand to welcome them to this wonderful forum

4: a entertainment team...... to entertain all members will amazing ideas from far and wide. Nonthing is impossible for entertainment team. Your happyness is there job.

5: considers for just the staff....... Are you ok? We are here to help you and listen to anything. We care about you.

6: war staff...... are you a hater? A troll? Are you a sith? Or do you just hate everyone. We have good news. You can be on a team with others. But. All attacks of trolling, hating or anying not nice will have to be at other sites/forums.

Why a war staff? We are angry. We are mad. And we want to start a riot. Ok. DoIit as a group else where and the dueling network forum knows nothing and we don't support it. But we don't have to stop ya from organizing on the war team.

7. DNF YouTube. Why don't we have YouTube channel? It's always a popular idea. Let's make this happen.

That's all my ideas for this month. Thank you and enjoy.
Abilities: Regeneration, Time Vortex Manipulator.
Race: Time Lord.
Home World: Gallifrey.
Weapon: Sonic Sword.
Wears: Suit, Tie, Sneakers and gloves all white.

zaziuma

zaziuma

Elite Member

I...what is this? These aren't suggestions, they barely constitute as brainstorming. These are half baked ideas with no thought put into them whatsoever, firstly you don't really explain what we are even suppose to do to achieve any of these, or why they would be good ideas, which I really don't see how they could be, because they take up a lot of time for very minor roles for a very small audience. Then there's the whole "War Staff" thing, I don't even understand what you are trying to do with that one.

genexwrecker

genexwrecker

BAN ALL VENDING MACHINES

I...what is this? These aren't suggestions, they barely constitute as brainstorming. These are half baked ideas with no thought put into them whatsoever, firstly you don't really explain what we are even suppose to do to achieve any of these, or why they would be good ideas, which I really don't see how they could be, because they take up a lot of time for very minor roles for a very small audience. Then there's the whole "War Staff" thing, I don't even understand what you are trying to do with that one.

What zazi said and also half of these were tried and failed.

lDfQq7q.png
Never forget Lightning Laxus! Dn Admin 2-20-14 until 7-6-14

Interested in a donation code? Tag me in Ragequit stories thread with a ragequit screenshot of me and I might consider it based on how funny it is.
6b964zP.jpg

A4ENrSU.png

Sanger Zonvolt

Sanger Zonvolt

Anime Master

• Team:(none)

And what would said campaign detail?

And what would said kick start entail?

4: a entertainment team...... to entertain all members will amazing ideas from far and wide. Nonthing is impossible for entertainment team. Your happyness is there job.
And what would said entertainment entail?

7. DNF YouTube. Why don't we have YouTube channel? It's always a popular idea. Let's make this happen.
And what would said YT Channel entail

^ If you aren't seeing the pattern that I'm seeing, it's that these 4 ideas don't appear to be well thought out. Ideas 1, 2, and 4 in particular aren't even actual plans, just vague ideas with no tangible goals, and we have absolutely nothing to advertise for a Youtube channel.

As for your other suggestions,

3: a greeting team..... to great new members and welcome them to the forum by pm. A helping hand to welcome them to this wonderful forum
We don't need people stalking new users and sending PMs nor do we really need a team to greet the new user we get once a month. If they post an intro thread, then people will come along and welcome them. A greeting team is unnecessary and wouldn't really improve the site's traffic flow to begin with

5: considers for just the staff....... Are you ok? We are here to help you and listen to anything. We care about you.
We're fine. I assure you that the forums aren't suffering because staff need a safe space

6: war staff...... are you a hater? A troll? Are you a sith? Or do you just hate everyone. We have good news. You can be on a team with others. But. All attacks of trolling, hating or anying not nice will have to be at other sites/forums. Why a war staff? We are angry. We are mad. And we want to start a riot. Ok. DoIit as a group else where and the dueling network forum knows nothing and we don't support it. But we don't have to stop ya from organizing on the war team.
I don't get this suggestion. Are you suggesting that we allow people to form teams like back when DN was up? Because you can. Volt Switch has had a team hub in Spam Paradise for a while now. If you're suggesting we approve users forming organized raids to troll other sites, then absolutely not. 

New to competitive YGO? Check out this thread for details on our tutoring server: http://forum.dueling...erver-now-open/

sega385

sega385

Even IF these ideas were implemented (which they probably won't be), it'd only be for whoever's still here (a number which has likely gone down) and whomever decides to join the forums. Plus, I don't think there's a lot of people that would even join this forum since the main Dueling Network site is down. Even most admins aren't all that active anymore save for a few (many probably bounced when the site was shut down). This forum is slowly dying, and that's the truth. New ideas aren't gonna save it, I'm afraid.

Edited by sega385, 20 March 2017 - 11:19 AM.

frenzyhero

frenzyhero

Pretty much a veteran member.

we dont have dn so that wont work

wtf does this even mean

a greeting team

introduction subforum

a entertainment team

have you seriously never been on a forum before

considers for just the staff

speak english

war staff

seriously what the fuck does this shit even mean?? it's sponsored offsite trolling, which is against the site rules.

DNF YouTube.

we had one before and it didnt work

terrible ideas with zero intelligent thought behind them.

Juji Kabane

Juji Kabane

To answer all questions.

1. Advertising, friends talking to friends about dnf. We were thrusted into a state of unknown after dn and members left, but for us hardcore members. We stay for alot of reasons. I know if we all put are heads together. We can make dnf be the greatest. Believe it.

2. A kick start would detail alot. I think every possible suggestion to fix/improve the forum is of the most important to all staff and members. For starters. We need to forgive are self and others. We need a fresh start.

How can we fix the forum ? Think about the big problems of the forum and forum groups to counter the problem.

Personally I believe we all need to laugh a little more. More humor in are lifes.

I also accept most of my ideas were a bit rushed, so I shall drop a few of my ideas. Now then to my final answer.

4. Entertainment is a form of activity that holds the attention and interest of anaudience, or gives pleasure and delight. It can be an idea or a task, but is more likely to be one of the activities or events that have developed over thousands of years specifically for the purpose of keeping an audience's attention.[1] Although people's attention is held by different things, because individuals have different preferences in entertainment, most forms are recognisable and familiar. Storytelling,music, drama, dance, and different kinds of performance exist in all cultures, were supported in royal courts, developed into sophisticated forms and over time became available to all citizens.

The process has been accelerated in modern times by anentertainment industry that records and sells entertainment products. Entertainment evolves and can be adapted to suit any scale, ranging from an individual who chooses a private entertainment from a now enormous array of pre-recorded products; to abanquet adapted for two; to any size or type of party, with appropriate music and dance; to performances intended for thousands; and even for a global audience.The experience of being entertained has come to be strongly associated with amusement, so that one common understanding of the idea is fun and laughter, although many entertainments have a serious purpose. This may be the case in the various forms ofceremony, celebration, religious festival, or satire for example.

Hence, there is the possibility that what appears as entertainment may also be a means of achieving insight or intellectual growth.An important aspect of entertainment is the audience, which turns a privaterecreation or leisure activity into entertainment. The audience may have a passive role, as in the case of persons watching a play, opera, television show, or film; or the audience role may be active,

as in the case of games, where the participant/audience roles may be routinely reversed. Entertainment can be public or private, involving formal, scripted performance, as in the case oftheatre or concerts; or unscripted and spontaneous, as in the case ofchildren's games. Most forms of entertainment have persisted over many centuries, evolving due to changes in culture, technology, and fashion. Films and video games, for example, although they use newer media, continue to tell stories, present drama, and play music.Festivals devoted to music, film, ordance allow audiences to be entertained over a number of consecutive days.Some activities that were once considered entertaining, particularly public punishments, have been removed from the public arena. Others, such as fencing or archery, once necessary skills for some, have become serious sports and even professions for the participants,

at the same time developing into entertainment with wider appeal for bigger audiences. In the same way, other necessary skills, such as cooking, have developed into performances among professionals, staged as global competitions and then broadcast for entertainment. What is entertainment for one group or individual may be regarded as work by another.The familiar forms of entertainment have the capacity to cross over different media and have demonstrated a seemingly unlimited potential for creative remix. This has ensured the continuity and longevity of many themes, images, and structures.

A good way to entertain forum members is put on a show. And take in any suggestions to improve the fun for them

Edited by Juji Kabane, Yesterday, 10:19 AM.

Sanger Zonvolt

Sanger Zonvolt

Anime Master

• Team:(none)

1. Advertising, friends talking to friends about dnf. We were thrusted into a state of unknown after dn and members left, but for us hardcore members. We stay for alot of reasons. I know if we all put are heads together. We can make dnf be the greatest. Believe it.
Advertise where? People know about DNF, the downfall of DN didn't change that. Just about every Yu-Gi-Oh forum still knows we exist, they just have no motivation to join

2. A kick start would detail alot. I think every possible suggestion to fix/improve the forum is of the most important to all staff and members. For starters. We need to forgive are self and others. We need a fresh start. How can we fix the forum ? Think about the big problems of the forum and forum groups to counter the problem.
We know the problem. The problem is that there are more active communities to discuss YGO with, and introducing weird gimmicks not related to YGO isn't going to draw in the kind of posters we need

Personally I believe we all need to laugh a little more. More humor in are lifes.
Spam Paradise still exists, and I can pretty much guarantee that if Spam Paradise becomes the last bastion of quality we should probably merge with YGOrg

4. Entertainment is a form of activity that holds the attention and interest of anaudience, or gives pleasure and delight. It can be an idea or a task, but is more likely to be one of the activities or events that have developed over thousands of years specifically for the purpose of keeping an audience's attention.[1] Although people's attention is held by different things, because individuals have different preferences in entertainment, most forms are recognisable and familiar. Storytelling,music, drama, dance, and different kinds of performance exist in all cultures, were supported in royal courts, developed into sophisticated forms and over time became available to all citizens.

The process has been accelerated in modern times by anentertainment industry that records and sells entertainment products. Entertainment evolves and can be adapted to suit any scale, ranging from an individual who chooses a private entertainment from a now enormous array of pre-recorded products; to abanquet adapted for two; to any size or type of party, with appropriate music and dance; to performances intended for thousands; and even for a global audience.The experience of being entertained has come to be strongly associated with amusement, so that one common understanding of the idea is fun and laughter, although many entertainments have a serious purpose. This may be the case in the various forms ofceremony, celebration, religious festival, or satire for example.

Hence, there is the possibility that what appears as entertainment may also be a means of achieving insight or intellectual growth.An important aspect of entertainment is the audience, which turns a privaterecreation or leisure activity into entertainment. The audience may have a passive role, as in the case of persons watching a play, opera, television show, or film; or the audience role may be active,

as in the case of games, where the participant/audience roles may be routinely reversed. Entertainment can be public or private, involving formal, scripted performance, as in the case oftheatre or concerts; or unscripted and spontaneous, as in the case ofchildren's games. Most forms of entertainment have persisted over many centuries, evolving due to changes in culture, technology, and fashion. Films and video games, for example, although they use newer media, continue to tell stories, present drama, and play music.Festivals devoted to music, film, ordance allow audiences to be entertained over a number of consecutive days.Some activities that were once considered entertaining, particularly public punishments, have been removed from the public arena. Others, such as fencing or archery, once necessary skills for some, have become serious sports and even professions for the participants,

at the same time developing into entertainment with wider appeal for bigger audiences. In the same way, other necessary skills, such as cooking, have developed into performances among professionals, staged as global competitions and then broadcast for entertainment. What is entertainment for one group or individual may be regarded as work by another.The familiar forms of entertainment have the capacity to cross over different media and have demonstrated a seemingly unlimited potential for creative remix. This has ensured the continuity and longevity of many themes, images, and structures.

A good way to entertain forum members is put on a show. And take in any suggestions to improve the fun for them

So when I asked what you thought entertainment entailed, I wasn't asking you to plagiarize 4 paragraphs from Wikipedia and Science Daily (Yes I confirmed this). I was asking what form of entertainment you think can be done that would draw in good users when the only viable forms of communication are written dialogue, internet videos and pictures. About the only noteworthy entertainment we could provide as far as I can tell are Role Playing activities like the old RP forum and tournaments. No one from the old RP forums stayed and no one here has attempted to start a tournament because there's almost no one left to join

New to competitive YGO? Check out this thread for details on our tutoring server: http://forum.dueling...erver-now-open/

zepharos

zepharos

Master of Esper

• Preferred Name:Zeph
  • Team:One of the Fallen

Not enough forum ideas being suggested, I don't like it. So I got some ideas for reviews and approvel. why would people who have ideas come here anymore only to be shot down when they can go elsewhere and devote there time to things anf organizations that will listen? DNF is ass now.

1: a campaign to get people to join dueling network forum. we tried that and got stuck with people like jessica angel and Nolchannel. bgmeme was corrupted by said people :(

2: a full kick start to the forum. Let's rename the forum to Duelingbook forums :kappa: it'll pick up real quick.

3: a greeting team..... to great new members and welcome them to the forum by pm. A helping hand to welcome them to this wonderful forum that's Nolchannel's job and Bgmeme's that why we no have real content. 

4: a entertainment team...... to entertain all members will amazing ideas from far and wide. Nonthing is impossible for entertainment team. Your happyness is there job. that is also BGmeme's and Nolchannel's Job silly Juji. much shit posting much fun. I'll use broken english as a please IDGAF.

5: considers for just the staff....... Are you ok? We are here to help you and listen to anything. We care about you. Most the staff here I doubt give 2 shits about DNF some even have expressed this. 

6: war staff...... are you a hater? A troll? Are you a sith? Or do you just hate everyone. We have good news. You can be on a team with others. But. All attacks of trolling, hating or anying not nice will have to be at other sites/forums. this comment seems more trolling than the WAs ever did tbh

Why a war staff? We are angry. We are mad. And we want to start a riot. Ok. DoIit as a group else where and the dueling network forum knows nothing and we don't support it. But we don't have to stop ya from organizing on the war team. Not going to happen ever again.

7. DNF YouTube. Why don't we have YouTube channel? It's always a popular idea. Let's make this happen. NO

That's all my ideas for this month. Thank you and enjoy. you tried man pls reflect on how your post looks.

I Suggest we be real here this isn't aimed at you juji just everyone.  

I suggest people use more thought before posting. too much shit to sift through for good quality thought which I've seen a lack of other than zazu's critism to the obvious fact there is nothing to go on for "Real thought"

Tyrant

Tyrant

Veteran Member

This obsession with staffs feelings and pretending you care for absolute strangers is autistic as fuck.

Stop being an idiot. Half of your gibberish has previously been rejected and the other half has already been tried and failed.

There was only a small number of people here who contributed postively and made a difference to this place. The rest were retards, both staff and users, who couldn't be bothered to do anything. DN shutting down was the killing blow to what was basically a circus act. Now people have moved on to other simulators.

The solution: Move to DB forums since its the most relatable sim available. Maybe staff there wont be complete retards.

I would love to answer your question Beast Eater.

However, I have been banned from the Cyber Dragon Forum. It doesn't surprise.

They exiled and ridiculed Albert Einstein similarly.

But draw cards is not that good anyway

Juji Kabane

Juji Kabane

Advertise where? People know about DNF, the downfall of DN didn't change that. Just about every Yu-Gi-Oh forum still knows we exist, they just have no motivation to join

We know the problem. The problem is that there are more active communities to discuss YGO with, and introducing weird gimmicks not related to YGO isn't going to draw in the kind of posters we need

Spam Paradise still exists, and I can pretty much guarantee that if Spam Paradise becomes the last bastion of quality we should probably merge with YGOrg

So when I asked what you thought entertainment entailed, I wasn't asking you to plagiarize 4 paragraphs from Wikipedia and Science Daily (Yes I confirmed this). I was asking what form of entertainment you think can be done that would draw in good users when the only viable forms of communication are written dialogue, internet videos and pictures. About the only noteworthy entertainment we could provide as far as I can tell are Role Playing activities like the old RP forum and tournaments. No one from the old RP forums stayed and no one here has attempted to start a tournament because there's almost no one left to join

My apologies. I thought you asked something else.

Well it would seems we are in between a rock and a hard place. Lack of members and not enough to do on the forum to be active for rpg and fun.

Well we have a few options then. We can't continue to wait like this.

We need a plan and action. And alot of the staff are......not available. ...it would seem.

So brain stroming.

1. We could merge with other forum worst case. At least we would be alive as a forum and as a family.

2. I could ask a undergroud yugioh site to make us there main hub as a forum.

3. Other. Any ideas that can work.

4. Bring back DN. Am I right people? Had to add this in. I miss dn.

5. Bring back the forum chat! Why is that gone again?

6. As for entertainment. What works? Hmmmmmmmm.

What about a big debate to choose the forum future?

Staff and members alike openly talking about the forum future.

genexwrecker

genexwrecker

BAN ALL VENDING MACHINES

To answer all questions.

I've been doing a lot to try and bring this place back to life myself. Specifically regarding the advertising. I'm pretty popular in the Destiny community and many of them share my love for this game. However trying to get people in that community to sign up on a forum that is not linked to their prefered method of play(devpro/ygopro/book) They don't see much point in it and honestly neither do i. Always spreading the word at locals and even the 2 Ycs I went to judge. Forums that lose their sole hook to get people to sign up tend to die. and being affiliated with db will most likely violate c and d orders so there is not much to do. Even if more of us advertise it we lack actual reason to join the forums other than our own opinions about the place.

lDfQq7q.png
Never forget Lightning Laxus! Dn Admin 2-20-14 until 7-6-14

Interested in a donation code? Tag me in Ragequit stories thread with a ragequit screenshot of me and I might consider it based on how funny it is.
6b964zP.jpg

A4ENrSU.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to the Dueling Network Forums!

To sign in, use your duelingnetwork.com account. If you do not have one, register here.