• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

exiled_force

exiled_force

The Crawling Chaos

• 416 posts
    • Time Online: 9d 1h 2m 11s
Posted Image

I had some questions about token monsters, and I was wondering, with all the experience in rulings you have, would you be able to answer my questions and maybe share something else(another ruling)that would be good to know if I am using them?

If you can, that would be so awesome of you!!!!!

Moving on.

Scapegoat: Is there anything that can prevent me from activating this on my opponent's turn during a legitimate phase? Besides cards that prevent special summoning or negate the activation of spell cards? Legitimate phases here would mean:

draw phase
standby phase
main phase 1
battle phase(even when an attack is declared)
main phase 2
end phase

cause I know you can't activate this during the damage step. Or maybe in response to the summoning of Gorz.

Next question:

Can you tribute a token as long as it's effect does not say it can't be tributed? Say for like the effect of another card that requires a tribute for it's cost? I don't have an example, but I'll find one if it's necessary.

One more question I had: Can I tribute three tokens for the summon of a god/wicked god/sacred beast provided there is no other effect stopping me from doing so? For example Fires of Doomsday. I thought you could, but I just like to be sure.

Thanks for your time and patience with my questions!!!!!!
No stories for now. Here's some nice pictures instead.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Signatures furnished by Mistikal1der. Thanks so much for your time!!!!

aiwotorimodose

aiwotorimodose

Blue Mage Apprentice

• 1,720 posts
    • Time Online: 47d 8h 39m 30s

Scapegoat: Is there anything that can prevent me from activating this on my opponent's turn during a legitimate phase? Besides cards that prevent special summoning or negate the activation of spell cards?

cause I know you can't activate this during the damage step. Or maybe in response to the summoning of Gorz.

you can activate scapegoat anytime during opp turn of course except on the damage step.
don't forget that you cannot summon another thing if you want to activate scapegoat that turn.

Next question:

Can you tribute a token as long as it's effect does not say it can't be tributed? Say for like the effect of another card that requires a tribute for it's cost? I don't have an example, but I'll find one if it's necessary.

sure you can tribute scapegoat token for anything except tribute summon, you can use them for card such as enemy controller (tribute for cost), DH plasma (tribute for special summon), lava golem (tribute for special summon), etc.

One more question I had: Can I tribute three tokens for the summon of a god/wicked god/sacred beast provided there is no other effect stopping me from doing so? For example Fires of Doomsday. I thought you could, but I just like to be sure.

god/wicked god/sacred beast are "tribute summon" as you can see in their text, you can't tribute scapegoat tokens to normal summon or set them.

Posted Image

morfowt

morfowt

Veteran Member

• 637 posts
    • Time Online: 35d 7h 34m 56s

god/wicked god/sacred beast are "tribute summon" as you can see in their text, you can't tribute scapegoat tokens to normal summon or set them.

almost right. tribute for sacred beasts are actually special summons, so if you change the type of scapegoat tokens (via dna surgery, for example), you CAN tribute 3 scapegoat tokens for raivel, lord of phantasms

exiled_force

exiled_force

The Crawling Chaos

• 416 posts

almost right. tribute for sacred beasts are actually special summons, so if you change the type of scapegoat tokens (via dna surgery, for example), you CAN tribute 3 scapegoat tokens for raivel, lord of phantasms

I guess I should've said clarified when I said, "three tokens." That's my fault. I had meant tokens in general(not ojama tokens, or sheep tokens, but tokens with no restriction to them).

Ok, so what about tokens from Gorz, tokens from stray lambs, or from black garden? Can those count towards the 3 tributes for summoning a god card/wicked god/gearfried the lightning?
Posted Image

Posted Image

aiwotorimodose

aiwotorimodose

Blue Mage Apprentice

• 1,720 posts

I guess I should've said clarified when I said, "three tokens." That's my fault. I had meant tokens in general(not ojama tokens, or sheep tokens, but tokens with no restriction to them).

Ok, so what about tokens from Gorz, tokens from stray lambs, or from black garden? Can those count towards the 3 tributes for summoning a god card/wicked god/gearfried the lightning?

oh, well the token doesn't say that they can't so it can be done.

Posted Image

morfowt

morfowt

Veteran Member

• 637 posts
there are 3 things you cannot do with a token:
1. you cannot flip them face-down. you cannot target tokens with an effect that would flip them down, and a blanket flip down effect like swords of concealing light would only switch them to def
2. you cannot use tokens to pay a cost that specifies a destination. so you cannot pay them for a cost if the cost specifically says "to the deck/hand/graveyard/banish". they can be tributed because tribute does not specify where they go
3. you cannot use tokens for an xyz summon. they are not physical cards you can overlay

other than those 3, anything you can do with a face-up normal monster, you can do with a token (unless the card that summoned them says otherwise)

for more information: http://yugioh.wikia....:Token_Monsters

aiwotorimodose

aiwotorimodose

Blue Mage Apprentice

• 1,720 posts

2. you cannot use tokens to pay a cost that specifies a destination. so you cannot pay them for a cost if the cost specifically says "to the deck/hand/graveyard/banish". they can be tributed because tribute does not specify where they go

except banish, you can do something like banishing a dragon type token to summon redmd

Posted Image

faku24

faku24

Veteran Member

• 542 posts
    • Time Online: 10d 6h 50m 36s
There is no cost such as "Send this card to the banish zone" as it's not an official area for the moment.
Posted Image

morfowt

morfowt

Veteran Member

• 637 posts

except banish, you can do something like banishing a dragon type token to summon redmd

after more thorough research, you're right...

Token Monsters can be used to pay costs as long as the cost doesn't require it to go to a specific place outside the field; the Graveyard, Main Deck, hand or Banished Zone.

someone might want to tell the wikia people to fix that then...

exiled_force

exiled_force

The Crawling Chaos

• 416 posts

Token Monsters can be used to pay costs as long as the cost doesn't require it to go to a specific place outside the field; the Graveyard, Main Deck, hand or Banished Zone.

someone might want to tell the wikia people to fix that then...

And that is why I don't trust wikia. I'd rather have the people here help me then have egg on my face for trusting wikia. Maybe some to most of their things might be right, but I just feel better asking people here.

Anyways, for everyone that came to answer my questions, thank you!!!!!!
Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to the Dueling Network Forums!

To sign in, use your duelingnetwork.com account. If you do not have one, register here.