• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

UltimateKuriboh

UltimateKuriboh

XIII - The Researcher

• The Organization
  • 192 posts
  • Team:Tachyon ReBirth
Ok guys. Let me say that I have HAD it with people claiming that Gogogo Golem cannot survive if is attacked while it is face-down Defense Position. Even when I showed a certain user this link (http://forum.dueling...2-gogogo-golem/), they still refused to believe me, based on a possibly erroneous ruling about Crystal Beasts that they received from a "mod soz."

So please, 3 things when you reply:

1) Confirm the redundancy of the word "faceup" in Gogogo Golem's effect text. (It may not be redundant, if Konami meant this to explain that Gogogo Golem flips face-up during Damage Step like any other monster, and that it is NOT face-down when it would be destroyed by battle. Don't say this reason if you attempt to explain the word "faceup" is NOT redundant in Gogogo Golem's text).)

2) In your explanation of the Damage Step, could you please explain why the effect text of "Poison Draw Frog" makes the parentheses, as proof that the monster flips face-up BEFORE it would be destroyed by battle.

3) If you can refer a HEAD admin to reply on this thread, that would be great. If they confirmed it, that would be proof enough for people. Even with the link I just posted, some people will want to hear it from a head admin, as they take what head admins say as gospel truth. Also, it would help if they stated their ruling "very clearly", so people could not possibly misinterpret what the head admin said.

Thank you for your time, and remember! This thread will be futile unless a HEAD admin replies to this thread, as the link I posted does NOT have a head admin confirming it.

"That awkward moment you realize if you ever play against Hoban you'll always have a 39.43% of calling Mind Crush right turn 1 no matter what deck hes using." -- Jeff Jones

[8:47:53 PM] Antony Cadogan: now that i am no longer restricted by pussitude
[8:47:56 PM] Antony Cadogan: i cannot be stopped

SupersonicAnaconda

SupersonicAnaconda

DN HERO

• Veteran Members
  • 1,083 posts
    • Time Online: 9d 9h 44m 3s
  • Team:NRoC
or you know, you can just call an admin when this happens and link them

Posted Image

Posted Image

Holofoil

Holofoil

ICE PLANET 2002

• Veteran Members
  • 3,774 posts
    • Time Online: 125d 14h 13m 9s
  • Team:SOS - Shadows of Silence
:)

Somebody's full of rage... why do you need "the head admin" to respond to this thread?

On top of that... nobody runs this card...

Dueling Network's officially unofficial Clown Control player.

ICE_PLANET_HOLOFOIL_1_zps89c58dd9.pngICE_PLANET_HOLOFOIL_2_zps9f98bc5f.png

ICE_PLANET_HOLOFOIL_3_zps65f00695.pngICE_PLANET_HOLOFOIL_4_zps68566074.png

5 / 14 / 2013: Don't forget.

G4Wbzlv.png

UltimateKuriboh

UltimateKuriboh

XIII - The Researcher

• The Organization
  • 192 posts
To answer the first 2 replies after my original post:

I like to play unrated games. As such, I like to use my "Yuma Deck" for fun in the unrated section. As you may very well know, admins do not make rulings on unrated games.

Also, I do not wish to play a rated game in order to prove this, as it is very likely I will have to go through many people before I find one willing to sit with me, waiting for an admin to come to our Duel and make a ruling.

"That awkward moment you realize if you ever play against Hoban you'll always have a 39.43% of calling Mind Crush right turn 1 no matter what deck hes using." -- Jeff Jones

Holofoil

Holofoil

ICE PLANET 2002

• Veteran Members
  • 3,774 posts
    • Time Online: 125d 14h 13m 9s
  • Team:SOS - Shadows of Silence

To answer the first 2 replies after my original post:

I like to play unrated games. As such, I like to use my "Yuma Deck" for fun in the unrated section. As you may very well know, admins do not make rulings on unrated games.

Also, I do not wish to play a rated game in order to prove this, as it is very likely I will have to go through many people before I find one willing to sit with me, waiting for an admin to come to our Duel and make a ruling.

Do one of the following...

1: Refer them to Poison Draw Frog, then they'll understand.
2: QUIT THE DUEL. If it's unrated, it doesn't matter!

Dueling Network's officially unofficial Clown Control player.

ICE_PLANET_HOLOFOIL_1_zps89c58dd9.pngICE_PLANET_HOLOFOIL_2_zps9f98bc5f.png

ICE_PLANET_HOLOFOIL_3_zps65f00695.pngICE_PLANET_HOLOFOIL_4_zps68566074.png

5 / 14 / 2013: Don't forget.

G4Wbzlv.png

UltimateKuriboh

UltimateKuriboh

XIII - The Researcher

• The Organization
  • 192 posts
Sorry, but:

1) This has happened too many times with people I have dueled. I also don't want them to go off with the impression that monsters are destroyed by battle while face-down. It's a matter of conscience for me. But also, I like winning, and I don't want people quitting and thinking they won because some "noob" kept insisting Golem flipped faceup during Damage Step (which it does!).

2) I did explain the Poison Tree Frog to the player, but they got confused about why Gogogo Golem specified it had to be in "face-up Defense Position" instead of just "Defense Position".

Reaper of the Cards

Reaper of the Cards

The Ruling drink

• Administrator
  • 3,842 posts
    • Time Online: 206d 16h 13m 47s
The "face-up" is redundant. There is currently no way that a face-down monster card can be destroyed by battle. Clock Resonator's text is effectively the same, and its TCG rulings state the obvious:
  • This effect applies automatically when Clock Resonator would be destroyed by battle or by a card effect.
  • If Clock Resonator is flipped face-down after applying its effect, its effect will apply again if it is later flipped face-up.
  • If a face-down Clock Resonator is attacked and would be destroyed by the battle, its effect is applied instead.
Am I proof enough...?

images.jpg

Articles:

http://forum.dueling...f-side-decking/ | http://forum.dueling...diate-advanced/ | http://forum.dueling...the-meta-guide/ | http://forum.dueling...k/?hl=archetype

Quotes of epicness!

Most epic quote ever! Thanks TigerLeaf!

UltimateKuriboh

UltimateKuriboh

XIII - The Researcher

• The Organization
  • 192 posts
OMG thank you. This is the final nail in the coffin. Your input on this trivial matter is greatly appreciated.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Gogogo Golem, face-down, attacked, effect, ruling, Damage Step

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to the Dueling Network Forums!

To sign in, use your duelingnetwork.com account. If you do not have one, register here.