7 replies to this topic

EGamerozo

EGamerozo

Mekakushi Dan No.6

• In-game Administrator
  • 5,271 posts
    • Time Online: 247d 2h 38m 55s
  • Team:Free Agent
I tried looking for a topic about this because I thought I saw one but I couldn't find it.

I am wondering if Mermail Abyssgunde/hilde miss timing for their effects if they go to the grave for the cost of effects(Such as for Abyssturge/Pike.

Abyssgunde:

If this card is sent from your hand to the Graveyard: You can Special Summon 1 "Mermail" monster from your Graveyard, except "Mermail - Abyssgunde". The effect of "Mermail - Abyssgunde" can only be activated once per turn.

Abysshilde:

If this card is sent to the Graveyard: You can Special Summon 1 "Mermail" monster from your Hand, except "Mermail - Abysshilde". The effect of "Mermail - Abysshilde" can only be activated once per turn.

Abyssturge:

When this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can discard 1 WATER monster; add 1 Level 3 or lower WATER monster from your Graveyard to your hand. The effect of "Mermail Abyssturge" can only be activated once per turn.

Abysspike:

When this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can discard 1 WATER monster; add 1 Level 3 WATER monster from your deck to your hand. The effect of "Mermail Abysspike" can only be activated once per turn.

I am iffy about this because they have "You Can..." in their effects.

1u42clU.png

oqOJnAc.png

^Thanks to Zoi for Bar^

|dA Gallery||GFX Showcase|

dest

dest

Boneash

• Retired Staff
  • 1,359 posts
    • Time Online: 29d 44m 25s
  • Team:free agent
only "when ... you can" effects can miss the timing, other trigger effects can't miss the timing

---->Ruling FAQ - Clearing up the most confusable rulings<----
---->[How to] Properly reading card texts<----
Posted Image

EGamerozo

EGamerozo

Mekakushi Dan No.6

• In-game Administrator
  • 5,271 posts
Alright thanks, does the Wikia have a page for this so I can understand all of the other types effects better.

1u42clU.png

oqOJnAc.png

^Thanks to Zoi for Bar^

RareHunter

RareHunter

Inzektor Veteran

• Veteran Members
  • 7,710 posts
    • Time Online: 128d 17h 16m 26s
  • Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/adi.goofy
  • Twitter:@adigoofy

I tried looking for a topic about this because I thought I saw one but I couldn't find it.

if u click My Deck List below u can find about them (da Article not da deck, da deck just to show how to OTK with them.. and u can know too r they miss timing or not by mermail combo there)

Stop asking Inzektor's Ruling, click banner below to find your answer

9Foab.jpg

MY DECK LIST

298531.jpg

k1ll @t w!ll

k1ll @t w!ll

Not a children toy

• Veteran Members
  • 2,911 posts
    • Time Online: 94d 51m 47s
  • Team:Roll solo...
http://yugioh.wikia....mplate:Gameplay

It has what you may need to know.

NIF6LKt.png

^^ Click on that ^^

Radiant Nexus

Radiant Nexus

~ Emolga 零 ~

• Retired Staff
  • 1,936 posts
    • Time Online: 37d 16h 13m
  • Team:s{EX} The Exile
"When," "Can," and "If"

Sangan: When this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard: Add 1 monster with 1500 or less ATK from your Deck to your hand.

As you can see, Sangan has "When" in it's trigger effect text. However, it doesn't say you "can," which shows you that it's a mandatory effect. It's going to activate, you don't have a choice.

Lightpulsar Dragon: When this card is sent from the field to the graveyard: You can target 1 level 5 or higher Dark Dragon-Type monster in your graveyard; Special Summon that target.

This card includes "When" and "Can." It's a trigger effect, but it's an optional one as given by "can." You decide if you want to use it or not, but since it isn't mandatory, it can also suffer from "missing the timing." 

Inzektor Dragonfly: If an Equip Card(s) is sent to your graveyard while equipped to this card (except during the damage step): You can special summon 1 "Inzektor" monster from your deck, except "Inzektor Dragonfly."

This card includes "if" and "can." We already know that "can" is a sign of an optional trigger effect and can "miss the timing." However, we never got to a card with "if" in it's text. "If" is very different from "when," a card with "if" can never "miss the timing." So by having "if" and "can," this is an optional mandatory effect.

When = Mandatory Effect (Never misses the timing and will activate)
When + Can = Optional Effect (Can miss the timing and you have a choice to use it)
If + Can = Optional Mandatory Effect (Can never miss the timing and you have a choice to use it)

EGamerozo

EGamerozo

Mekakushi Dan No.6

• In-game Administrator
  • 5,271 posts
Alright Thanks for all the help, ('u')b

1u42clU.png

oqOJnAc.png

^Thanks to Zoi for Bar^

Radiant Nexus

Radiant Nexus

~ Emolga 零 ~

• Retired Staff
  • 1,936 posts
    • Time Online: 37d 16h 13m
  • Team:s{EX} The Exile

Alright Thanks for all the help, ('u')b

Anytime. I did enjoy writing that :P

Solved!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Abysslinde, abyssgunde, abysshilde, abyssturge, abysspike

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to the Dueling Network Forums!

To sign in, use your duelingnetwork.com account. If you do not have one, register here.