Photo

Solved  Constellar Leonis/Pollux

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

Ranger Blue

Ranger Blue

• 47 posts
    • Time Online: 4d 18h 56m 16s
Can Constellar Leonis be tributed for a tribute summon the same turn he is normal summoned? His text states you can get another normal summon only while he is on the field, so I don't think so, but I thought I'd check.

Outside of continuous negation such as Skill Drain, can Constellar Pollux's effect be negated? It states that during the turn he is normal summoned, you can normal summon once more. I'm pretty sure this applies regardless of whether he remains on the field or not, so that would suggest that as soon as the normal summon is successful, you get the effect. Is this the case, or if my opponent were to use Veiler, would I no longer get the second summon?

Thanks in advance.

skullvarnish

skullvarnish

Maybe some day

• Retired Staff
  • 8,727 posts
    • Time Online: 165d 5h 2m 37s
  • Team:None
Effects that grant Extra Normal summons still apply if Skill Drain is activated after the monster is successfully summoned. If Skill Drain were face-up before Pullox was summoned, the effect would be negated.

Effect Veiler and Forbidden Chalice also cannot stop the Extra Summon.

afaik, if Pollux leaves the field, you cannot get another summon.

Are you serious? I am the best player in the game today. I started out with a Kuriboh as my boss monster, and have since climbed up the ladder of success. I am willing to break my back having to carry a team. Some say that there is no "I" in 'team," but what if I am the entire team? I'll carry this team across the river, to Victory Island. We'll pull out the champagne, with the ladies surrounding us. With a cigar in my mouth, I'll deliver the final speech. Our pilgrimage is complete. Our lives are over. The perpetual euphoria has been reached. The impossible has happened. You ask yourself if what has just transpired can possibly be real. I am no miracle worker, but I do have heart. And sometimes with a little bit of heart and some imagination, the world is yours for the taking. -Inflation

Holy shit skullvarnish, give me classes on how to burn the fuck out of people like that PLEASE

Miror B.

Miror B.

Master of SWOG

• Chat Moderator
  • 8,105 posts
    • Time Online: 259d 7h 17m 11s

Can Constellar Leonis be tributed for a tribute summon the same turn he is normal summoned? His text states you can get another normal summon only while he is on the field, so I don't think so, but I thought I'd check.

I don't know why you can't, nothing says you can't tribute it.

About Miror

Think about this for a bit:

'DN experience' indicates how much sensual pleasure you give to your partner. If you play with your deck well, and give the other person a good time, then everyone can get a good experience out of it.

Ranger Blue

Ranger Blue

• 47 posts

Effects that grant Extra Normal summons still apply if Skill Drain is activated after the monster is successfully summoned. If Skill Drain were face-up before Pullox was summoned, the effect would be negated.

While I understand this isn't the most reliable resource, the Tips page on the wiki for Pollux suggests that it does not have to be on the field to use the effect. After Normal Summoning this card, return it to your hand to Special Summon "Genex Ally Birdman". Then, use your extra Normal Summon to Summon this card again.

I don't know why you can't, nothing says you can't tribute it.

Because it states he has to be on the field for the normal summon to happen. This means the tribute and summon happen simultaneously?

dest

dest

Boneash

• Retired Staff
  • 874 posts
    • Time Online: 29d 44m 25s
  • Team:free agent

If the effects of this card are negated by Skill Drain or Effect Veiler, the effect that performs an additional Normal Summon cannot be applied.[1]

http://yugioh.wikia....nstellar_Leonis

Constellar Leonis != Evilswarm Castor

Using it for a tribute summon for a second constellar is possible, at the time the summon starts performing it is still face up.

---->Ruling FAQ - Clearing up the most confusable rulings<----
---->[How to] Properly reading card texts<----
Posted Image

Ranger Blue

Ranger Blue

• 47 posts

http://yugioh.wikia....nstellar_Leonis

Constellar Leonis != Evilswarm Castor

Using it for a tribute summon for a second constellar is possible, at the time the summon starts performing it is still face up.

He was actually referring to Constellar Pollux at that point, who has an effect basically identical to Castor.

Thanks for the clarification with regards to Leonis though.

Joenen

Joenen

• Retired Staff
  • 212 posts
    • Time Online: 3d 6h 14m 29s

The bolded is indeed false. Pollux doesn't care if it remans on the field or not, which is why veiler cannot stp it. The extra summon is independant of Pollux/Castor after their successful summon (unless skill drain was already face up at the time).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to the Dueling Network Forums!

To sign in, use your duelingnetwork.com account. If you do not have one, register here.