Dark world deck with Drill Warrior.

revives from pojo made this deck

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Pikachu/Kiribo

Pikachu/Kiribo

• 93 posts
    • Time Online: 2d 15h 12m 38s
A guy from pojo made this deck and I thought the idea was ingenious, but I felt it lacked defense. So I added some cards and changed it up a bit, and this is what came up. The idea is have have drill warrior on the field and discard grapha with his effect, then add grapha back to your hand for a +1 every turn. Help!
Posted Image

Leishoshwanio

Leishoshwanio

Duel Network's Teenage Robot

• Veteran Members
  • 6,199 posts
    • Time Online: 305d 8h 18m 25s
  • Team:I'm free...I think.
I don't think using...all of the more generic Dark World favorites (Skill Drain and HforE) work well in this at all...I'd also claim the Reckless Greeds too since you don't got very many Fiends to use...but eh those can stay...Junk Warrior is pointless in this build...and I have no idea why you even bother with most of the XYZ monsters you got but that's also whatever.

It's a fun idea but a good one? I dunno about that, it doesn't look very effective. Hmm...Doppel Warrior could work if only because of that whole going to grave to summon thing them Dark Worlds love to do sometimes. Not sure what to say about additions eh.

Jenny_stamp_1_by_teenagerobotfan777.gif

5KPor.png
CLmPvhS.png

taproot

taproot

Dudley Emperor

• Veteran Members
  • 2,602 posts
    • Time Online: 44d 8h 51m 38s
  • Team:Team Elemental Mistress
Why Quickdraw? He discards as a cost, doesn't he? If he does, then he won't set off the effect of your Dark World monsters.

Now that I think about it, doesn't Drill Warrior discard as a cost too?

Leishoshwanio

Leishoshwanio

• Veteran Members
  • 6,199 posts

Why Quickdraw? He discards as a cost, doesn't he? If he does, then he won't set off the effect of your Dark World monsters.

Discarding with Drill Warrior is like part of the effect's resolution itself, it is not a cost if I recall. A quick ruling check could prove that...but yeah Quickdraw is a bit harmful (but I suppose it's the easiest way to summon Drill Warrior)

5KPor.png
CLmPvhS.png

Nebuwah

Nebuwah

The Queen

• Veteran Members
  • 2,181 posts
    • Time Online: 171d 18h 30m 28s
Drill Warrior's discard is not a cost and wouldn't he just discard Dandy and Level Eater for Quickdraw anyway?

Edited by Nebuwah, 21 August 2012 - 02:41 PM.

setobastion14

setobastion14

Professor of Articles

• 563 posts
    • Time Online: 46d 12h 28m 21s
  • Team:Team X [TX]

Quickdraw doesn't discard, it sends. Sending the card to Special Summon is a cost.

Drill Warrior DOES discard, but as the effect resolution. In the card, you look for a ";" semi-colon. If it's there, DW gets effect..if not, DW won't get their effects. Drill Warriors effect of discarding and removing from play are the same condition for its Ignition Effect.

~ Professor Banner

Edited by setobastion14, 21 August 2012 - 02:43 PM.

Posted Image

DarknessRising7070: How to play YGO: Read at a 1st Grade Level

dest:If you get hated, you've done everything right

Leishoshwanio

Leishoshwanio

• Veteran Members
  • 6,199 posts

Quickdraw doesn't discard, it sends. Sending the card to Special Summon is a cost.

Drill Warrior DOES discard, but as the effect resolution. In the card, you look for a ";" semi-colon. If it's there, DW gets effect..if not, DW won't get their effects. Drill Warriors effect of discarding and removing from play are the same condition for its Ignition Effect.

~ Professor Banner

Ok I got the rulings...(laziness makes it copy paste)

TCG:

"Discarding 1 card and removing “Drill Warrior” from play are both part of the same Ignition Effect. Discarding the card is not a cost.[1]"

OCG:

"You discard one card when resolving the effect of "Drill Warrior" which removes from play. It is not a cost to activate the effect.[3]"

5KPor.png
CLmPvhS.png

setobastion14

setobastion14

Professor of Articles

• 563 posts
True..but the main key for DW to activate effects are cards(from the new Problem-Solving Text) are ones that have a discard effect AFTER a semi-colon, ";" is shown.

~ Professor Banner

Posted Image

taproot

taproot

Dudley Emperor

• Veteran Members
  • 2,602 posts
    • Time Online: 44d 8h 51m 38s
  • Team:Team Elemental Mistress
Sorry about having to ask. I've got one of the original Drill Warriors, and you know how hard it is to tell on some of those.

But if Drill Warrior is your win condition, why the Skill Drain?

Alnair

Alnair

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • 704 posts
    • Time Online: 23d 19h 45m 36s
The idea behind the deck isn't practical enough since quickdraw is a problematic card to begin with. If his print was somehow changed to "discard" instead of "send" then it would be practical imo (even though it would still screw DW).

Leishoshwanio

Leishoshwanio

• Veteran Members
  • 6,199 posts

True..but the main key for DW to activate effects are cards(from the new Problem-Solving Text) are ones that have a discard effect AFTER a semi-colon, ";" is shown.

~ Professor Banner

~ Professor Banner

Well this came out before PSCT so until then...this is confirmed to work...an odd thing but that's how it rolls until ruled otherwise.

Anyways back onto the topic I too am confused abotu the Skill Drain...

5KPor.png
CLmPvhS.png

Ardent Dawn

Ardent Dawn

Guardian of the Meek

• 1,028 posts
    • Time Online: 31d 8h 28m 1s
  • Team:Team Elemental Mistress (TEM)
  • Location:The Deck Construction board, hunting for decks with 0 replies

~ Professor Banner

That's not exactly true - Dark Worlds don't activate if the discard is part of the cost, which means that it's before the semi-colon. Drill Warrior doesn't have a cost, so there's no semi-colon, but Drill Warrior still triggers Dark World monsters. It would be a lot more correct to say that cards that have the discard before a semi-colon don't activate Dark World effects.

setobastion14

setobastion14

Professor of Articles

• 563 posts
All cards with a "discard" effect occurring after a semicolon, ";", are effects that cause "Dark World" monsters' effects to activate. .-.

Such as: Drill Warrior, Fabled Raven, Dark World Dealings, etc

~ Professor Banner

Posted Image

Pikachu/Kiribo

Pikachu/Kiribo

• 93 posts
    • Time Online: 2d 15h 12m 38s

Sorry about having to ask. I've got one of the original Drill Warriors, and you know how hard it is to tell on some of those.

But if Drill Warrior is your win condition, why the Skill Drain?

Drilll warrior isn't always the win condition. It helps, but most of the time grapha just attacks and wins. Skill drain is there because it messes up many decks. If you time it correctly then it's ok to use it. I might take out one though.

The idea behind the deck isn't practical enough since quickdraw is a problematic card to begin with. If his print was somehow changed to "discard" instead of "send" then it would be practical imo (even though it would still screw DW).

Most of the time I discard broww/snoww to special summon him, normal level eater to sync 6.
I also discard level eater, make grapha 7, sync 6.

I don't think using...all of the more generic Dark World favorites (Skill Drain and HforE) work well in this at all...I'd also claim the Reckless Greeds too since you don't got very many Fiends to use...but eh those can stay...Junk Warrior is pointless in this build...and I have no idea why you even bother with most of the XYZ monsters you got but that's also whatever.

It's a fun idea but a good one? I dunno about that, it doesn't look very effective. Hmm...Doppel Warrior could work if only because of that whole going to grave to summon thing them Dark Worlds love to do sometimes. Not sure what to say about additions eh.

Doppel warrior...Meh. It's working good right now with just those 2.

Bump

bump

Bump. Please help the deck.

Leishoshwanio

Leishoshwanio

• Veteran Members
  • 6,199 posts
Asking for quite some helo huh...well since you didn't take anyhting else I mentioned....gonna bring up taking out the Hope for Escapes...again...and the Upstrats as a result. And for you to increase the number of Dark World monsters you got...maybe Sillva and Goldd...so that way you can make rank 5 monsters with Quickdraw if you really needed to...or ew Celuri so that way you could add in Junk Synchron but that's not as good of an idea there.

Now if you want more "alternative discard" methods...I think you should use Depth Amulet to protect yourself while you troll with Drill Warrior so that way some stuff happens while you are stalling back there. At the very least with basic improvments to the deck, put in some TGU since Broww is a level 3 and it'll make you getting out rank 3 monsters not absurdly situational...or easy Grapha get.

5KPor.png
CLmPvhS.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: revives, from, pojo, made, this, deck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to the Dueling Network Forums!

To sign in, use your duelingnetwork.com account. If you do not have one, register here.