• 12 posts
    • Time Online: 11h 53m 45s
  • Team:Single Cross
Decklist - Laval Quasar Synchro

-------
-Monsters-
----------
- 20 -

3 Laval Magma Cannoneer (Level 4 Laval target for Rekindling.)
3 Laval Volcano Handmaiden (See combo notes #1 for uses.)
3 Swift Scarecrow (Allows for stalling in order to get out Quasar, as well as providing a Level 1 non-tuner.)
2 Flamvell Firedog
2 Ryko
2 Laval Lady of the Burning Lake
2 Boost Warrior (See combo notes #1 for uses.)
1 Junk Synchron
1 Gorz, the Emissary of Darkness

-----------
-Combo Notes-
-------------

In order to get out the win condition for this deck (Quasar) this prior setup is required.

-Boost Warrior in hand OR Swift Scarecrow in hand (if Swift Scarecrow is in hand, you must not Normal Summon this turn.)
-3 Laval Volcano Handmaiden and 2 Laval Magma Cannoneer OR 2 Flamvell Firedog in Graveyard
-Rekindling in hand or Set

In order to quickly set up this play, two key cards are needed. One, which is unreleased as of now in the TCG, is called
Sweltering Heat Transmission field.

Sweltering Heat Transmission Field
[ Spell ]
Send 2 Laval monsters from your Deck to the Graveyard.

This one card allows you to instantly set up the Graveyard for Quasar plays. To use this card correctly:

-Activate SHTF
-Send 1 Laval Magma Cannoneer FIRST, and then send Laval Volcano Handmaiden.
-Handmaiden's effect activates: With it, you can send 1 Handmaiden again, and another Handmaiden with that one, and finally
end the play by sending 1 more Laval Magma Cannoneer. This leaves you with this setup:

- 2 Laval Magma Cannoneer & 3 Laval Volcano Handmaiden in the Graveyard.

Now, all you need in your hand for to continue this play is Rekindling, which can easily be grabbed from the deck with
a Golden Sarcophagus.

To properly Summon a Quasar with this deck, activate Rekindling and make this play.

-Activate Rekindling, target 2 Laval Magma Cannoneer & 3 Laval Volcano Handmaiden.
-Special Summon each target to the field. A clear field before this is KEY.
-Tune Handmaiden and Cannoneer together for a Level 5; in this case, T.G. Hyper Librarian.
-Tune Handmaiden and Cannoneer together for a Level 5; Lavalval Dragon. Draw 1 card from Librarian.
-Special Summon Boost Warrior from your hand OR Normal Summon Swift Scarecrow.
-Tune Handmaiden and Boost Warrior / Swift Scarecrow for a Level 2; Formula Synchron. Draw 2 from Synchron and Librarian's
effects.
-Activate Lavalval Dragon's effect: Return any two Lavals in your Graveyard to the deck to target any cards your opponent
controls and return them to the hand. This opens up the field for a one hit kill with Quasar.
-Tune together Librarian, Lavalval Dragon, and Formula Synchron for a Level 12: Shooting Quasar Dragon.
-Negate anything with Shooting Quasar Dragon, then attack twice for 8000 direct; Lavalval Dragon's prior effect ensures
a clean battle phase. Shooting Quasar Dragon's effect will stop Gorz if need be.
-End game, or see if your opponent can deal with Shooting Quasar Dragon.

This deck is increasingly consistent with more testing.

-Note: Cardcar D is something I am unable to test in real life due to the high price of the card. Will try Ryko
and a Junk Synchron in place of this card. Also, Sweltering Heat Transmission Field is to be released in Hidden Arsenal 7.
A third Ryko can be played in place of this, though other choices are hard pressed to come to mind here.

------
-Spells-
--------
- 19 -

3 Rekindling
3 Sweltering Heat Transmission Field
3 Gold Sarcophogus
2 Pot of Duality
2 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 One for One
1 Foolish Burial
1 Dark Hole
1 Book of Moon
1 Monster Reborn
1 Heavy Storm

-----
-Traps-
-------
- 1 -

Treacherous Trap Hole

EXTRA DECK
------------------------------------
1 Shooting Quasar Dragon
1 Shooting Star Dragon
1 Stardust Dragon
2 Lavalval Dragon
1 Laval Dual Slasher
1 T.G. Hyper Librarian
1 Formula Synchron

the rest is filler

Most of this was netdecked, although I made some changes. I wanted to learn Quasar Lavals fast XD

Edited by Ms. Remilia Scarlet, 27 August 2012 - 02:33 PM.

Geminii Priince

Geminii Priince

Grandmaster of the Six Samurai

• 461 posts
    • Time Online: 9d 12h 26m 52s
wouldnt battle fader b better then scarecrow as u actually put it on the field instead of having to summon it?

Ms. Remilia Scarlet

Ms. Remilia Scarlet

• 12 posts
    • Time Online: 11h 53m 45s
  • Team:Single Cross
No.

You need a clear field in order to go Quasar.

taproot

taproot

Dudley Emperor

• Veteran Members
  • 2,648 posts
    • Time Online: 46d 15h 51m 16s
  • Team:Team Elemental Mistress
Swift Scarecrow has his pros and cons when compared to Fader. Scarecrow can't be negated by Fader, but he also doesn't hit the field.

Swap the Firedogs for Laval Cannon. He combos better with Gold Sarcophagus and Laval Lakeside. I might also swap the Junk Synchron for a Tragoedia for the extra Level 1 non-Tuner, but that's up to tastes.

No.

You need a clear field in order to go Quasar.

No you don't. You still need 1 Rekindling, 1 monster in your hand, and 1 sweltering, except in the case of Fader being on the field, the monster can be Level 4.

Geminii Priince

Geminii Priince

• 461 posts
o ok sorry i havent attempted making a quasar deck yet i just figuered synchro decks never mind having a free monster on the field

taproot

taproot

Dudley Emperor

• Veteran Members
  • 2,648 posts
    • Time Online: 46d 15h 51m 16s
  • Team:Team Elemental Mistress

o ok sorry i havent attempted making a quasar deck yet i just figuered synchro decks never mind having a free monster on the field

You weren't wrong though.

Geminii Priince

Geminii Priince

• 461 posts
well thats encouraging :)

Roxzen

Roxzen

Deck Vault Gardener

• 3,934 posts
    • Time Online: 205d 4h 28m 8s
Hmm......

-1 Sarc for RoTA?

Other than that, looking good.

arcanite magician321

arcanite magician321

• 65 posts
    • Time Online: 18h 38m 12s
Never run 3 magma cannoneers. They are dead in u're hand, unless u hAve a handmaiden in u're hand. I personally don't like rykos, because once I milled 2 rekindlings:( take out junk also, next to no targetS. max out firedog, it's like a jurrac gilbilla (that thing in Dino rabbits that's let's it summon another copy of its self) add another laval lakeside lady and add rota

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to the Dueling Network Forums!

To sign in, use your duelingnetwork.com account. If you do not have one, register here.