Photo

Karakuri/Geargia

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

FadedChameleon

FadedChameleon

• 103 posts
    • Time Online: 5d 1h 32m 40s
Recently I've seen a lot of Karakuri / geargia decks, and since I don't really like that psychic deck and I want at least one semi-common deck for when I feel lazy / want to win I decided to try and make this deck although I have no idea what im doing

Posted Image

help would be nice though

Vincent210

Vincent210

Starry starry night

• Veteran Members
  • 1,969 posts
    • Time Online: 78d 23h 27m 15s
Well first thing is first, get it to 40. I remember arsenal being pretty much entirely unnessecary to this deck so you could start by dropping him like a bad habit so that you are at 40.

Edited by Vincent210, 15 September 2012 - 12:38 AM.

Dunno what to put here, yet, so I dug up this gem for you to click on. It's good. Read it.

UQ8HPdJ.gif

Acknologia

Acknologia

• 161 posts
    • Time Online: 13d 1h 13m 5s
Emm...actually no arsenal is a must. Him with any other Geargia can tie up to a Thunder King which is one of the biggest threats for you and he searches armor which is the heart of the deck.
Its not necessary to get it to 40 but if you want then take a Duality out and one or both of the Karakuri spells.
Not sure about 2 Torrential. Chainability is good but the deck has strong field presense. Switch to Dimensional Prison since they too will get rid of Thunder King while keeping your face down armor.
Also 3 Quick seem too much at least one Soldier instead but idk..In YCS Guatemala i think the one who topped played Giant Rat and Grand Mole exploiting the fact the deck is pure Earth. Just an idea.
Finally you need Stadust in the extra no argument here. Sometimes you overextend but cant go for game so you need the protection.

Posted Image

Vincent210

Vincent210

Starry starry night

• Veteran Members
  • 1,969 posts
His being on the field along with another geargia as an out to TKRO is a situational play. This is especially use if the deck does not drop to 40, making it ever more unlikely he would draw both an arsenal and a geargia that would be helpful in that situation.

You are correct though. TKRO is one of this decks largest threats. But arsenal would be a very poor way to try dealing with it.

Also using arsenal to search armor, while I get why you would think it makes sense, is a slow play that the Karakuri element of the deck lets you avoid making entirely.

Dunno what to put here, yet, so I dug up this gem for you to click on. It's good. Read it.

UQ8HPdJ.gif

Acknologia

Acknologia

• 161 posts
    • Time Online: 13d 1h 13m 5s
Of course 40 cards would be optimal. I insist in the 2 Karakuri spells :P. The idea for arsenal remains though. If you set armor in you first turn or get it with POD and then set it or you normal summon an arsenal to do it for you the result is the same even the opponent knows your def. The engine will start on way or another. The plan about TKRO although situational will result in a 1 for 1 loss so its ok. It also helps to fill the grave for POA. It is also a good target when you normal summon MkII which will bring you the other MkII for a rank 3. Even when Gigant is destroyed and brings MkII you still have the option of the same scenario.

Posted Image

EXtremllyNoOB

EXtremllyNoOB

It's Kind of a Funny Story ♥

• Veteran Members
  • 1,442 posts
    • Time Online: 48d 6h 2m 50s
1 strategist is all u need take one out
take out the 2 karakuri spells
+ MST
- 2 TT
- Compuls
+ 3 D Prison

IDK about the lances in here but i dont play them Id rather play starlight road or mirror forces or birdman also try and find a place for 1 nisamu

need stardust and black rose in extra
2 gear X is fine naturia beast landoise barkion?? dunno why u run lvl 3 xyz since u dont need em much and u dont wanna ssummon them
+ maestroke
+ roach
photon papi .. utopia ray ..

Edited by EXtremllyNoOB, 15 September 2012 - 05:09 AM.

request5_zps7f835aee.png

tsukichan95

tsukichan95

Queen Madolche Tiaramisu commands you to scoop

• Veteran Members
  • 1,794 posts
    • Time Online: 23d 12h 9m 49s
  • Team:Don't need one
Only pure Karakuris need their supports.
So -Anatomy and Cashe.
Really Acknologia has a way with Geargias so it's wise to listen to him. With your Monster line-up you don't have much space for Traps so it's really the worst 1 for 1 with the Arsenal case, but it's better than locking youself or Xyz to take out Rai-Oh.

FUSjAVp.jpg

Some Pics

maxhen

maxhen

Elite Member

• Veteran Members
  • 1,557 posts
    • Time Online: 76d 33m 30s

1 strategist is all u need take one out
take out the 2 karakuri spells
+ MST
- 2 TT
- Compuls
+ 3 D Prison

IDK about the lances in here but i dont play them Id rather play starlight road or mirror forces or birdman also try and find a place for 1 nisamu

need stardust and black rose in extra
2 gear X is fine naturia beast landoise barkion?? dunno why u run lvl 3 xyz since u dont need em much and u dont wanna ssummon them
+ maestroke
+ roach
photon papi .. utopia ray ..

Dont listen to this, he clearly doesn't know how to play geargiakuri. I agree that karakuri searcher and drawer are not needed here. @ d prison seems good. Do you have enough non-tuner karakuis for ninishi to to what it does? The deck that top 4'd shouldn't really be considered geargiakuri as it didn't really use a karakuri engine it just used a few karakuri monsters as techs. Maybe more nisamu?

tsukichan95

tsukichan95

Queen Madolche Tiaramisu commands you to scoop

• Veteran Members
  • 1,794 posts
    • Time Online: 23d 12h 9m 49s
  • Team:Don't need one
A few Karakuri tuners and Nisamu/Kuick/Haipa are all they need IMO to make the deck smooth.
I you don't mind visiting my Geargia Garage here it is:
http://forum.dueling...geargia +garage
I'm no master of Geargia, but they have too much potential to have many variants.

FUSjAVp.jpg

Some Pics

FadedChameleon

FadedChameleon

• 103 posts
    • Time Online: 5d 1h 32m 40s
Thanks for all the help :D I edited the deck per all of the advice and it looks something like this

Posted Image

Vincent210

Vincent210

Starry starry night

• Veteran Members
  • 1,969 posts
Trade one of the three d-prison for mirror force maybe?

UQ8HPdJ.gif

Tyronis3

Tyronis3

• 50 posts
    • Time Online: 2d 17h 13m 11s
I suggest you try to fit in Genex Ally Birdman. Birdman + Accel is essentially a free lvl 3 tuner which can get you into the Triple Synchro Combo.
This is the build I've been testing lately: http://i.imgur.com/Go0WM.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to the Dueling Network Forums!

To sign in, use your duelingnetwork.com account. If you do not have one, register here.