Photo

Solved  Phantom of Chaos

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

Dr_Doom

Dr_Doom

• 150 posts
    • Time Online: 6d 15h 23m 48s
Can you use Phantom of Chaos to copy the effects of monsters whose effects activate when sent to the graveyard (by battle or otherwise), like Grave Squirmer/Sangan? And can you use it to copy those whose effects activate during the End Phase, like Dark Necrofear? And finally, can you use it to copy those whose effects activate when summoned, like Caius or Dark Bug?
"With a new hand comes a whole new perspective. The game, ever shifting. New dangers surround every turn." - Yami Bakura

skullvarnish

skullvarnish

Maybe some day

• Retired Staff
  • 8,729 posts
    • Time Online: 165d 8h 18m 17s
  • Team:None
If Phantom of Chaos copies a monster who's effect activates in the graveyard, nothing will happen when he himself gets sent to the graveyard, as his effect only applies on the field. However, if he copied say, Rescue Rabbit, he can Banish himself for the effect, and still resolve properly because Rescue Rabbit's effect activates and resolves on the field.

Remember that effects always resolve in the same place they activate.

Are you serious? I am the best player in the game today. I started out with a Kuriboh as my boss monster, and have since climbed up the ladder of success. I am willing to break my back having to carry a team. Some say that there is no "I" in 'team," but what if I am the entire team? I'll carry this team across the river, to Victory Island. We'll pull out the champagne, with the ladies surrounding us. With a cigar in my mouth, I'll deliver the final speech. Our pilgrimage is complete. Our lives are over. The perpetual euphoria has been reached. The impossible has happened. You ask yourself if what has just transpired can possibly be real. I am no miracle worker, but I do have heart. And sometimes with a little bit of heart and some imagination, the world is yours for the taking. -Inflation

Holy shit skullvarnish, give me classes on how to burn the fuck out of people like that PLEASE

Miror B.

Miror B.

Master of SWOG

• Chat Moderator
  • 8,145 posts
    • Time Online: 262d 35m 54s
You can copy any effect you want. But effects that activate when summoned won't activate cuz he's already been summoned and effects that activate when sent to the Grave or Banished won't activate because his effect stops applying after he leaves the field
He can only use effects that activate on the field.

About Miror

Think about this for a bit:

'DN experience' indicates how much sensual pleasure you give to your partner. If you play with your deck well, and give the other person a good time, then everyone can get a good experience out of it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to the Dueling Network Forums!

To sign in, use your duelingnetwork.com account. If you do not have one, register here.