Solved  Gogogo Ghost and Gogogo Giant

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

Bringerofcake

Bringerofcake

• 170 posts
    • Time Online: 4d 15h 24m 19s
So this is the current wording for Gogogo Ghost:

If this card is Special Summoned: You can target 1 "Gogogo Golem" in your Graveyard; Special Summon that target, then change this card to Defense Position. You can only use the effect of "Gogogo Ghost" once per turn.

As Gogogo Giant Special Summons its target in Defense Position, would Ghost's effect not activate, as it's already in Defense Position? Or does the effect activate regardless of its position?

Edited by Bringerofcake, 12 November 2012 - 07:16 PM.

AntiTcb

AntiTcb

Number XVI (16) of The Organization

• Administrator
  • 2,410 posts
    • Time Online: 170d 19h 52m 1s
  • Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/AntiTcb
  • Twitter:@AntiTcb
  • Youtube:www.youtube.com/antitcb
I'm thinking that you can't activate the effect if Gogogo Ghost is in Defense Position, but there's no rulings for it.

WiBVzrn.png

Head Administrator / Ruling Guru / Administrator / The Organization: Number XVI (16)

(Please do not send War or Team related questions to me, I am not involved with that at all)

RC-1, RC-2 and PC-1 Certified Konami Judge / Events Floor Judged: 4 YCS, 2 WCQ, 10 Regionals | Head Judged: 3 Regionals

The Organization - Ending the Misinformation

Decks I use: Bujin, Spellbooks, Evilswarm, Fire Kings, Macro Rabbit, Worms, P.A.C.M.A.N., Dark Worlds, Final Countdown, Gallis the Star Beast OTK, Blackwings, Gravekeepers

League of Legends Player: CTG AntiTcb @ NA server

Hearthstone / Heroes of the Storm / Starcraft 2: AntiTcb#1338
Follow me: @AntiTcb

Vincent210

Vincent210

Starry starry night

• Veteran Members
  • 1,969 posts
    • Time Online: 78d 23h 36m 43s
So then, if this issue were to come up in a rated duel, the admin involved would be expected to rule that you cannot perform the summon, or have you all not yet come to a consensus on this, being that it lacks a ruling? After dueling Miror's, I was planning on making the associated deck with this combo, so this might become a relevant thing to me.

Dunno what to put here, yet, so I dug up this gem for you to click on. It's good. Read it.

UQ8HPdJ.gif

AntiTcb

AntiTcb

Number XVI (16) of The Organization

• Administrator
  • 2,410 posts
    • Time Online: 170d 19h 52m 1s
  • Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/AntiTcb
  • Twitter:@AntiTcb
  • Youtube:www.youtube.com/antitcb

So then, if this issue were to come up in a rated duel, the admin involved would be expected to rule that you cannot perform the summon, or have you all not yet come to a consensus on this, being that it lacks a ruling? After dueling Miror's, I was planning on making the associated deck with this combo, so this might become a relevant thing to me.

Just double checked similar rulings (Goblindbergh).

You can activate the effect.

If there's ever a situation where there are no rulings for a situation, and also no rulings for similar effects and situations, we (mostly Asher and myself) form a consensus and inform all the admins.

WiBVzrn.png

Head Administrator / Ruling Guru / Administrator / The Organization: Number XVI (16)

(Please do not send War or Team related questions to me, I am not involved with that at all)

RC-1, RC-2 and PC-1 Certified Konami Judge / Events Floor Judged: 4 YCS, 2 WCQ, 10 Regionals | Head Judged: 3 Regionals

The Organization - Ending the Misinformation

Decks I use: Bujin, Spellbooks, Evilswarm, Fire Kings, Macro Rabbit, Worms, P.A.C.M.A.N., Dark Worlds, Final Countdown, Gallis the Star Beast OTK, Blackwings, Gravekeepers

League of Legends Player: CTG AntiTcb @ NA server

Hearthstone / Heroes of the Storm / Starcraft 2: AntiTcb#1338
Follow me: @AntiTcb

cardguy

cardguy

• Retired Staff
  • 165 posts
    • Time Online: 35d 3h 26m 39s
There is a ruling for Gogogo Giant which states that its effect can be activated if it is Normal Summoned in face-up Defense Position because of Light of Intervention. Gogogo Ghost is likely the same since the second halves of their effects are identical and they are in the same archetype.

Vincent210

Vincent210

Starry starry night

• Veteran Members
  • 1,969 posts
    • Time Online: 78d 23h 36m 43s
Well thank you both for that very informative answer. I like this ruling.

Dunno what to put here, yet, so I dug up this gem for you to click on. It's good. Read it.

UQ8HPdJ.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to the Dueling Network Forums!

To sign in, use your duelingnetwork.com account. If you do not have one, register here.