Photo

Compeditive Lightsworn/Twilight Deck 2013 {TCG}

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

jeric86

jeric86

• 54 posts
    • Time Online: 20h 49m 50s
Hello all DN users and players. My name is Jeric86 and I am a small town Yu-Gi-Oh player with a big town deck and I need some help with it. After 2 years of playing with Lightsworns, I think I have finally found a good formula for this deck and a good format to play it in. The last thing I need, is you guys and some super useful comments on the deck. I will listen to all comments and suggestions and look forward to peoples arguments about why some cards are and some cards aren't in the deck. I will respectfully ask that all comments are helpful or thought provoking. Critisism is welcome, as long as its not changing half of my deck or insulting and unhelpful. This deck is focused on a huge amount of different names and using MANY boss monsters specialized in certin fields to lockdown or kill the opponent. Small end note, I will not be running any Wulf or Gragonith so please no suggestion about those. Thanks in ahead for all the comments. Here is the deck:
Posted Image

MrZanav

MrZanav

Elite Member

• 1,685 posts
    • Time Online: 52d 8h 8m 45s
Just a note, a lot of people say I'm harsh when I edit decks. Don't get mad.

Also, I will probably be changing half of your deck.

Oh my... No offense, but a few of the lightsworns you are using are lackluster.

Lightsworns DO NOT USE TRAPS. Twilights DO NOT USE TRAPS. Any Lightsworn decks DO NOT USE TRAPS!

Traps just mil way too often, and the only one which is decent in this is breakthrought skill, which you don't have.

Not a great card in all. A tribute Summoned Lightsworn, which is annoying, and although it's effect is decent, It's hard to summon.
-1 Celestia
A tuner? Interesting, but not that good. It's just bad in Lightsworns.
-2 Birdman
Will probably get milled instead of actually be put to that much use.
-1 Honest
Only one Lightray is really good in Lightsworns, Daedelus.
-2 Diablos
Is kind of anti-Lightsworn strategy.
-1 Rinyan
A kind of lackluster Lightsworn.
-1 Shire
Doesn't... make since in Lightsworns.
-2 One Day of Peace
...Not really gonna ask.
-1 Avarice
What would you search?
-1 Reinforcement
As I said, traps aren't that good.
-All Traps
Good for protecting your lightsworns.
+1 Aukurus
In Twilight, it's a great card. Also, It's a boss monster, which you like.
+1 Dark Armed Dragon
AMAZING mil power with other lightsworns.
+1 Garoth
Since you were hostile to be putting in gorz in your pure gustos, I as hazy to tell you this, but gorz is a great card.
+1 Gorz
2100 Beatstick? Yes please!
+1 Jain
S/T remover.
+1 Lyla
Attack blocker that can be milled.
+2 Necro Gardna
To be combined with Tour Guide.
+1 Night Assailant
Mil + Pop.
+1 Ryko
Target for Tour Guide.
+1 Sangan
When milled/ sent off of an xyz, you can target one boss monster in your grave and shuffle it back into your deck.
+1 Tour Bus
Instant level 3 xyz..
+2 Tour Guide
Addboss monster to your hand.
+2 Monster Reincarnation
Mil trap that can activate from the grave.
+1 Breakthrough Skill

I'm having you take out birdman, so these are useless.
- Synchroes
You don't need two of them.
-1 Gagaga Gunman
When would you summon this?
-1 Excalibur
When would you summon this too?
-1 Gandiva
Ryko seems good for this, but it's often destroyed when activating it's effect, so you wouldn't summon this often.
-1 Gachi Gachi
2500 Beatstick.
+1 Leviathan
3000 Beatstick that can help in sticky situations.
+1 Acid Golem
A good beatstick that's good against a big wall of set spell and trap zone.
+1 Constellar Omega
If you can't tell why this is good, I can't help you. 0 attack + Negate effect, and it draws when sent to the grave? YESH.
+1 Photoknight Paladius
Good combined with Omega when you run out of XYZ material.
+1 Constellar Messier 7
Great against Synchron/Quasar decks.
+1 Steelswarm Roach
Anti-XYZ is always good.
+1 Temtempo
In case something gets banished, this can bring it back.
+1 Leviair

So, sorry I'm changing half your deck, but yours wasn't competitive at all compared to others. I gave a reason for each of my changes, so just ask again if you want more reasons.

Yi1FL.gif

Other things

hehhehheh

hehhehheh

Dream's End

• 583 posts
    • Time Online: 36d 4h 21m 38s
  • Team:Team? Forgotten The Meaning Of The Word...
  • Location:Where Indeed I Do Not Know; Only You Can Tell Me Where I Show.
^ wall o' text . must beh pro. tl;dr

Posted Image

or --
http://i.imgur.com/eZyp2.png

Posted Image

My FanFic~ http://forum.dueling...rn-zero-ゼロ/

My Poetry ~ http://www.poemhunte...m/crimson-soul/

Walking A Road To Nowhere; No Destination, No Thoughts;
Just Walking For The Sake Of The Journey;
The Cause Long Lost. And Meaning Forever Gone.
Me? Who Is... That...?

MrZanav

MrZanav

Elite Member

• 1,685 posts

^ wall o' text . must beh pro. tl;dr

Posted Image

or --
http://i.imgur.com/eZyp2.png

eh... why does the first one have two orichalcos and the second have traps :l

Yi1FL.gif

Other things

hehhehheh

hehhehheh

Dream's End

• 583 posts

eh... why does the first one have two orichalcos and the second have traps :l

first is abuse daedulus. (you're likely to mill one orichalcos if not both anyway, but the deck is designed to not care what it mills really.)

second = has dark monsters so chaos. (and everyone kinda runs beckoning in LS .- . )

also the second uses merchant. I experimented a little bit and liked that number of traps. IT can be changed--never cared for the chaos build much.

Posted Image

Me? Who Is... That...?

jeric86

jeric86

• 54 posts
GRRRR to MrZanav........ Ok maybe i can explain my deck and the choices i make in it. First, obviously, i run no normal tech for LS in this deck because i think it slows down the deck. I agree a few of my LS monsters are lacking(Shire, Rinyan) BUT, they are in for names and i find that my Lightray's help my OTk because my common move is multiple JD, or just one, a Lightray, and chaos/BLS for gg. this is all helped by having many useless targets in grave and having many names. As to the Extra/Birdman comment, im hurt :( First of all, Frozen fitzgreald is SUPER easy to summon which allows me to drop names, and this is my real life deck, so i have to wait on the roaches, but im putting 2 in, and i can't put in cards that aren't released yet.. ON THAT TRAPS COMMENT, all i have to say is, what do you expect me to do against rabbit, inzektor, gusto, brotherhood and pretty much all other meta with nothing for support, or what happens if i mill all my bosses and have no way to get them back? Taking out traps would make me so vulnerable that i would lose every game. They belong in LS decks, people just forgot how to use them in there. ROTA targets are Ehren, Jain, and a discard card for lumina so its a free monster any way you throw it. Might add tour guides, but no bus, and sangan was already in the deck. No reincarnation because i have a trap that does BOTH those reincarnations jobs and more. i have added 3 JD, 2 diablos, and a BLS on one beckoning so reincarnation is pointless. For my final point, my Xyz monsters are just a personal preference and change a lot.

MrZanav

MrZanav

Elite Member

• 1,685 posts

GRRRR to MrZanav........ Ok maybe i can explain my deck and the choices i make in it. First, obviously, i run no normal tech for LS in this deck because i think it slows down the deck. I agree a few of my LS monsters are lacking(Shire, Rinyan) BUT, they are in for names and i find that my Lightray's help my OTk because my common move is multiple JD, or just one, a Lightray, and chaos/BLS for gg. this is all helped by having many useless targets in grave and having many names. As to the Extra/Birdman comment, im hurt :( First of all, Frozen fitzgreald is SUPER easy to summon which allows me to drop names, and this is my real life deck, so i have to wait on the roaches, but im putting 2 in, and i can't put in cards that aren't released yet.. ON THAT TRAPS COMMENT, all i have to say is, what do you expect me to do against rabbit, inzektor, gusto, brotherhood and pretty much all other meta with nothing for support, or what happens if i mill all my bosses and have no way to get them back? Taking out traps would make me so vulnerable that i would lose every game. They belong in LS decks, people just forgot how to use them in there. ROTA targets are Ehren, Jain, and a discard card for lumina so its a free monster any way you throw it. Might add tour guides, but no bus, and sangan was already in the deck. No reincarnation because i have a trap that does BOTH those reincarnations jobs and more. i have added 3 JD, 2 diablos, and a BLS on one beckoning so reincarnation is pointless. For my final point, my Xyz monsters are just a personal preference and change a lot.

Jeric. No ones going to like you in this section if you keep acting like this. This is a section where people will try to make your deck better, so you shouldn't flip out like this with a big paragraph about how you don't want to change anything that people say.

...Also, do you actually think Gustos are meta? Since... they're really not.

grrr you're making me grumpy right now

Frozen Fitzgerald empties your hand advantage, which is BAD. FOR. LIGHTSWORNS.

Your expected win condition is to get a specific 3/44ths of your deck onto the field.
NICE WIN CONDITION.

And, you SHOULD NOT HAVE USELESS CARDS IN THE DECK JUST FOR NAMES.
EVERY CARD IN YOUR DECK SHOULD HAVE A USE FOR YOUR WIN CONDITION, WHICH IF I CHECKED, WAS NOT TO JUST GET ALL YOUR LIGHTSWORNS INTO THE GRAVE.

That's just simple deck construction rules there.

Monster Reincarnation is for recycling your boss monsters.

Necro Gardna is for protection.

I ADDED IN STUFF TO RECYCLE YOUR BOSS MONSTERS, THEN YOU SAY THAT THE TWO RECYCLERS IN YOUR DECK ARE BETTER THAN ALL OF MINE.

Don't act like a pro at lightsworns, and act like you're the only one who uses traps because you're better at them.

There's better space in the deck for ROTA.

Tour Bus recycles.

Edited by MrZanav, 03 January 2013 - 07:43 PM.

Yi1FL.gif

Other things

bleachisawesome

bleachisawesome

Strike The Blood

• Veteran Members
  • 4,680 posts
    • Time Online: 220d 21h 42m 38s
  • Team:TLCK
black horn > solemns...?

27594_s.gif

27596_s.gif

bleachisawesome_2_by_zoisitesarugaki-d71

7yy6JV5.gif

~Starburst Stream~

jeric86

jeric86

• 54 posts
Black horn pays no LP to activate, and i realise all of that MrZanav, but prove to me that my way is not correct. yes i asked for help, yes i asked opinions and i don't want everyone to hate me, but i am saying that my recyclers are better. I have tested your way of lightsworns, when it fought Quazar, GearGia, and Wind-Ups, the real meta game, it lost all to hell. Last i checked, there have been no LS on a big stage for a reason. Its the way they are run. i just had a duel where my shire and rinyan saved my entire duel. it was agains GearGia Quazar, and my little shire, took down its key monsters. So no name is usless. Rinyan is a +1 to hand and no name out of grave. Every other LS deck i have seen runs little to no traps. I like to be able to bottomless catastor. what you are making my deck is a META game staple deck. I wanted things that improved my deck as it was, not making it meta. i don't need MetaSworn to win. i kill the meta BECAUSE i run differently so they don't know what to expect. This deck should really be named Anti-Meta Lightsworn. Thats why i run "usless names" and "usless/too many traps". This comment is harsh, but its what this deck is suppose to be. It is also a Budget Deck that almost anyone could build, and bus adds to deck, which i can mill again.

hehhehheh

hehhehheh

Dream's End

• 583 posts
black horn negations are like TK...

not as useful as warning...

Posted Image

Me? Who Is... That...?

jeric86

jeric86

• 54 posts
i pay enough with JD already

MrZanav

MrZanav

Elite Member

• 1,685 posts

Black horn pays no LP to activate, and i realise all of that MrZanav, but prove to me that my way is not correct. yes i asked for help, yes i asked opinions and i don't want everyone to hate me, but i am saying that my recyclers are better. I have tested your way of lightsworns, when it fought Quazar, GearGia, and Wind-Ups, the real meta game, it lost all to hell. Last i checked, there have been no LS on a big stage for a reason. Its the way they are run. i just had a duel where my shire and rinyan saved my entire duel. it was agains GearGia Quazar, and my little shire, took down its key monsters. So no name is usless. Rinyan is a +1 to hand and no name out of grave. Every other LS deck i have seen runs little to no traps. I like to be able to bottomless catastor. what you are making my deck is a META game staple deck. I wanted things that improved my deck as it was, not making it meta. i don't need MetaSworn to win. i kill the meta BECAUSE i run differently so they don't know what to expect. This deck should really be named Anti-Meta Lightsworn. Thats why i run "usless names" and "usless/too many traps". This comment is harsh, but its what this deck is suppose to be. It is also a Budget Deck that almost anyone could build, and bus adds to deck, which i can mill again.

...so what you're saying is that you're too stubborn to change because you don't want to be "meta"

...I'm going to stop wasting my breath.

Yi1FL.gif

Other things

jeric86

jeric86

• 54 posts
Lol i want to show my deck and recieve little changes on it, not the entire deck. and you might as well stop since you will not listen to me.

I would like to say to all viewers that i still would like imput on my deck and your opinions on it. It will eventually be going to a regionals so all advice is appreciated. MrZanav, i am sorry we could not work our argument out and we will just have to agree to disagree. I would like to show you the deck in action and will look for you on the DN when i am on.

chris4326

chris4326

• 1 posts
    • Time Online: 1h 1m 2s
Jeric86 I am currently building Lightray Swarn. I have run Lightswarn and most of its variants over the past years, my favourite was easily FlamvellSwarn. I do not follow the social norms of "meta" decks either, as somebody has to experiment to make something that will become the meta anyway. I only joined this forum because I saw your argument with MrZanav. I believe you both have very valid points.

The suggestions/ questions I would like to make/ask are:

-2 Bottomless trap hole +2 compulsory evacuation device.
Traps are terribly slow. In the case of XYZ and synchro monsters compulse can be just as good as bottomless.
Compulse is also very chainable. meaning you can use it a soon as the turn you set it is over. This means it is never wasted when your opponent plays an effect that would destroy it.
It also gets around cards and effects that stop destruction effects.

-1 Black horn of heaven +1 more beckoning light.
Although preventing a special summon is good thing you can only do it that one time, In the current meta special summons is something lightswarns will really just have to deal with. They just dont have good enough effects when it comes to being "anti-meta". However the effects of all the boss monsters you have at your disposal allow you to destroy them later and then win the duel. A second beckoning light will give you a better chance of drawing at least one per duel otherwise once you mill your bosses their gone.

-1 Pot of avarice,-2 One day of peace +2 Mystical space typhoon
The problem with one day of peace is that, although it protects your life points and you get to draw a card, your opponent gets a free draw. Giving your opponent free cards is not a good idea. It really isn't a good idea, their are better protection cards for Ls (threatening roar,waboku even Lightswarn barrier). The pot of avarice, although allowing you to recycle your boss monsters and draw two card, often takes a couple of turns to become live and even longer to become useful. taking it out of the deck and reducing the number overall closer to 40-42 will improve the consistency way more. The mystical space typhoons will give you some much needed protection against all the decks that do have solemns and torrential, ect.

As far as monsters go I am sure you have purpose for each and every card however I would suggest trying to find room for +2 Tragoedia. My suggestion would be to take bird man out. though I can understand why black rose can be appealing but with 3JD doing that for you already and beckoning ready to bring him back it may not be worth the effort, frozen is a nice card but you don't particularly need another boss card, this is also not an easy summon and the card itself is very easy to stop. Its resurrection effect is almost non existent as it is likely to have been solemned or beaten by something bigger, which it wont beat a second time round. I cant tell what your last synchro is.

Anyway I hope these suggestions were helpful and explanatory enough for you to see why I've made them. I'm also not telling you to make any of these changes either these are just suggestions any you don't want don't use. Lets remember that Yu-gi-oh is just meant to be a fun game and that it shouldn't matter what the meta is. (Unless you're Pro...-_-)

Im following the post so if you have any more questions, I can try to answer

Have fun dueling.

jeric86

jeric86

• 54 posts
Hmm for some reason cant get a picture in.
Changes to Deck are as follows:
-1 Celestia
-1 Chaos Sorccerer
-1 Necro Gardena
-1 Memory of an Adversary
- 2 Gagaga Cowboy
-1 Gach Gachi Gantetsu

+1 Photon Thrasher
+1 Lightray Daedalus
+1 Lightray Diablos
+1 Tour Bus From The Underworld
+1 Monster reincarnation
+1 Steelswarm Roach

DMaster2

DMaster2

Elite Member

• Veteran Members
  • 5,551 posts
    • Time Online: 89d 17h 17m 24s

Lightsworns DO NOT USE TRAPS. Twilights DO NOT USE TRAPS. Any Lightsworn decks DO NOT USE TRAPS!

False, Breakthrough Skill is staple in any sworn deck i made.

Bring Heavy Storm back TCG!

Many archetypes deserve more support -> http://forum.dueling...ng-2013-update/

jeric86

jeric86

• 54 posts
I just tested breakthrough skill at 1 in the deck. since thats all i have i find it usless. the only point would be to take out something like horn then add 2 breakthrough. i dont know if i see the usefulness of that. Please explain.

FFwNayrith

FFwNayrith

• 266 posts
    • Time Online: 5d 1h 24m 34s
At OP: I agree with what mrzanav has said in the second post. Serioulsly, while you may have your own reasons for putting in several cards they will hurt you in a duel and will NOT help in bringing you victory. His new make up or something like this: http://i.imgur.com/0Vpfbln.png is farrrrrrrrrrr better than your original deck. Take his/her advice. I have positive records against dw, inzektors, other LS decks, agents to name a few (basically any archtype not named windup or rabbit).

Example: shir/rinyan dont put them in for names, having ~7 different LS monsters in enough trust me.
Also stuff like having 1 necro gardna is pointless, its your defense line basically so use 3 etc.
Only thing I dont agree with is the removal of honest. yes you may mill it but its an awesome hand trap that should be a staple in all decks with lights monsters.

Bottom line: if you want to be "competitive" then you'll take that advice and change half your deck. If you want to fun for fun and not care about losing the vast majority of your duels then don't change a thing.

Edited by FFwNayrith, 05 February 2013 - 03:57 PM.

Posted Image

Pox_Equestria

Pox_Equestria

Why don't you pass the time by playing a little solitaire?

• Veteran Members
  • 1,666 posts
    • Time Online: 15d 9h 30m 58s
I'll start by saying you're making a big mistake by not running wulf, but it's not my deck so I won't push it though

-1 BLS (you only main-deck 4 darks, and most of them are banished by their own effects...)
-1 Chaos Sorcerer (Same reasoning as BLS)
-2 Birdman (Not necessarily in this deck at all)
-1 Rinn (the cat one, I forget it's name, but the point of this deck is to mill, not add cards back into the deck)
-1 Shire (Just not a very good monster)
-2 One Day (why is this even in here)
-1 Pot of Avarice (same reasoning as Rinn)
-All of the traps (Lightsworns only run a few specific traps)

+2 Necro Gardna
+2 Card Trooper
+1 Ryko
+1 Ehren
+1 Jain
+2 Breaktrhough Skill
+1 Treacherous Trap Hole
+1 Monster Reborn
+1 Book of Moon

Edited by Pox_Equestria, 05 February 2013 - 04:35 PM.

[10:40:46 PM] VantageSP: No, pox aint a troll
[10:40:53 PM] VantageSP: but he has some dope ***** swagger

gE5ZJ.png

DMaster2

DMaster2

Elite Member

• Veteran Members
  • 5,551 posts
    • Time Online: 89d 17h 17m 24s

I just tested breakthrough skill at 1 in the deck. since thats all i have i find it usless. the only point would be to take out something like horn then add 2 breakthrough. i dont know if i see the usefulness of that. Please explain.

If the opponent Ophion/TK/Pachy/Kristina/Roach/Laggia/whatever you can use breakthrough and do your play. It's an invaluable card with ton of uses, very versatile and it's not dead if milled. Also stop a lot of annoying effects (even stardust if needed) that could lock you down. Horn? Please dump that card. Breakthrough Skill is the only trap that twilight need. And yes, 2 copies are the good number. I always run 2 copies of this card.

Edited by DMaster2, 07 February 2013 - 07:36 AM.

Bring Heavy Storm back TCG!

Many archetypes deserve more support -> http://forum.dueling...ng-2013-update/

ChrisHuynh

ChrisHuynh

• 30 posts
    • Time Online: 1d 2h 36m 9s
Pure sworns are honestly the best kind.

-coming from someone who has over 40 different LS decks and has 60% games played with sworn decks
Posted Image

jeric86

jeric86

• 54 posts
Posting new deck soon. This deck has only 1 loss and its against DW and the match it lost in was still won. Will post tonight or tomorrow morning.

Edited by jeric86, 06 March 2013 - 01:07 PM.

MrZanav

MrZanav

Elite Member

• 1,685 posts

Hmm for some reason cant get a picture in.
Changes to Deck are as follows:
-1 Celestia
-1 Chaos Sorccerer
-1 Necro Gardena
-1 Memory of an Adversary
- 2 Gagaga Cowboy
-1 Gach Gachi Gantetsu

+1 Photon Thrasher
+1 Lightray Daedalus
+1 Lightray Diablos
+1 Tour Bus From The Underworld
+1 Monster reincarnation
+1 Steelswarm Roach

More cloggy lightrays, taking out good cards, then putting in stuff like thrasher? Taking out chaos sorcerer, one of the only things that makes lightsworns topdecking skills good? Then... taking out Necro Gardna? blergh. These are mediocre changes imo.

Yi1FL.gif

Other things

jeric86

jeric86

• 54 posts
Building different version of deck based around seal and beatsticks its gonna be a day or two but i will be putting up a new list. so far in matches(played more today) have beaten DW, Inzektors and wind-ups.

No consistency issues whatsoever. Ftk and Otk are common. Lockdown is easily pulled off. BLS is Beckoning fodder and is easily summoned due to raw milling power even with only 2 darks. Deck runs Beatdown with seal out and Xyz Spam/Nuke without it. Uploading picture on a different computer if it doesnt appear will repost at end of work tonight.file:///C:/Users/ALBANITO/Desktop/Adam.PNG

chaos2001

chaos2001

• 4 posts
    • Time Online: 4h 46m 30s

j

Edited by chaos2001, 31 August 2013 - 08:39 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to the Dueling Network Forums!

To sign in, use your duelingnetwork.com account. If you do not have one, register here.