Photo

Competitive Horus Deck 2013 (YGO: Rival Style) : Help Wanted

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Migious360

Migious360

• 117 posts
    • Time Online: 6d 2h 4m 45s
Hello everyone. This is Migious360. I've just made this Horus deck today. The deck that allows me to either take control of the battlefield,or to lock down the opponent and eventually wipe him/her out. The main objective in this deck is to call forth Horus the Black Flame Dragon as to negate the effects of spell cards. Like Chazz's Armed Dragons, it have the level of his own except that they happened to be more powerful. As we know, Royal Decree can negate the trap cards on the field. With the Horus' special effect,and Royal Decree combination, nothing can stand in his way. Here's the cards that I came up with myself,and no one else.

Posted Image

Monsters (19)
Horus the Black Flame Dragon Lv4 (x3)
Horus the Black Flame Dragon Lv6 (x3)
Horus the Black Flame Dragon Lv8 (x2)
Delta Flyer (x2)
Masked Dragon (x3)
Goblindbergh (x3)
Effect Veiler (x3)

Spells (16)
Dark Hole
Monster Reborn
Heavy Storm
Pot of Avarice
Shrink (x3)
Level Up! (x2)
Forbidden Lance (x2)
Mystical Space Typhoon (x3)
The Graveyard in the Fourth Dimension (x2)

Traps (5)
Solemn Judgement
Royal Decree (x3)
Starlight Road

Extra Deck (14)
Stardust Dragon (x2)
Black Rose Dragon
Red Dragon Archfiend
Scrap Dragon
Thought Ruler Archfiend
Blade Armor Ninja
Lavalval Chain
Queen Dragun Djinn
Number 39: Utopia
Photon Strike Bouncer
Gaia Dragon, the Thunder Charger
Photon Papilloperative
Steelwarm Roach

Side Deck (14)
Call of the Haunted (x2)
Solemn Warning (x2)
Negate Attack (x2)
Counter Counter (x2)
Dimensional Prison (x2)
Pot of Duality (x2)
The Grave of Enkindling (x2)

So what do you think of this Horus deck that I just built? Does it has more than enough synergy? I could put Atum in the Extra Deck, but that could ruin the synergy as it makes it attack points goes to 0 and the effects will be negated, doesn't it? Unless that you can consider Level Up can upgrade the negated Horus LV6,into Horus LV8. I put Counter Counter in the Side Deck just in case that they use the Counter Traps. I wanted to put at least two Shadow Imprisoning-Mirrors in the side deck just in case that I have to deal with the dark attribute monsters. But it doesn't have enough room. Grave of Enkindling allows me to summon any monster that was in the graveyard in case that Horus LV8 is eventually destroyed,and that lets me summon Horus LV6,then he can fight one of the opponent monsters and let him become LV8 once again, after he was sent into the deck,or hand once more. If there's any and all problem with this deck,anything that need to be fixed, then please let me know. If you have any suggestions,any advices,and any tips that can benefit this Horus deck, then I'll be more then happy to listen. Because I wanted this Horus deck to be competitive. A Deck Recipe would be even better. The truth is that I like to run the Horus deck in the typical YGO rival style. Like each of the rivals aces', Horus LV8 is dragon-type monster that has 3000ATK. For instance, Seto Kaiba's Blue Eyes White Dragon, Chazz Princeton's Armed Dragon Lv10,Jack Atlus' Red Dragon Archfiend,and Kite Tenjo's Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon. Please and thank you. Any card that allows me to add HorusLV4 from the deck to my hand,or graveyard, please let me know.

Note: You probably think that Negate Attack might be no good. But the reason why I place Negate Attack in the side deck. I like to play it like Kaiba like. Sure Mirror Force can do that, but its not Kaiba's dueling style. If you need me to take out Negate Attack,and it works for the best, then I'll do it.

Edited by Migious360, 23 January 2013 - 09:26 PM.

Pox_Equestria

Pox_Equestria

Why don't you pass the time by playing a little solitaire?

• Veteran Members
  • 1,690 posts
    • Time Online: 16d 8h 53m 31s
you can take out the horus level 4's and the traps and run a neat-o frog engine with jinzo

EDIT: OP asked for a deck recipe so I did. Ask if you need a side/extra: http://i.imgur.com/QcBGoow.png

Edited by Pox_Equestria, 23 January 2013 - 11:02 PM.

[10:40:46 PM] VantageSP: No, pox aint a troll
[10:40:53 PM] VantageSP: but he has some dope ***** swagger

gE5ZJ.png

Migious360

Migious360

• 117 posts

you can take out the horus level 4's and the traps and run a neat-o frog engine with jinzo

EDIT: OP asked for a deck recipe so I did. Ask if you need a side/extra: http://i.imgur.com/QcBGoow.png

Ok. But why do I need to take out Horus Lv4s and traps and place the frog engine with Jinzo? Horus LV4 is just the start of his growth. How does those two going to help Horus? The side deck,and extra deck can be helpful just in case that I have to deal with the metadecks such as Inzektors,Dark World,Six Samurai,Dino Rabbit,and Wind-Up. I knew that Kaiba used Obelisk in the Battle City Saga which can be helpful,and he doesn't have it anymore thanks to Yugi. But still, why should I need Obelisk for?

Edited by Migious360, 23 January 2013 - 10:33 PM.

abiranik

abiranik

• 250 posts
    • Time Online: 11d 8h 5m 58s
This is a good deck in my opinion :)
Posted Image

Pox_Equestria

Pox_Equestria

• Veteran Members
  • 1,690 posts

Ok. But why do I need to take out Horus Lv4s and traps and place the frog engine with Jinzo? Horus LV4 is just the start of his growth. How does those two going to help Horus? The side deck,and extra deck can be helpful just in case that I have to deal with the metadecks such as Inzektors,Dark World,Six Samurai,Dino Rabbit,and Wind-Up. I knew that Kaiba used Obelisk in the Battle City Saga which can be helpful,and he doesn't have it anymore thanks to Yugi. But still, why should I need Obelisk for?

Frogs are the best tribute engine in the game, so you can just tribute summon Horus and skip LV 4 altogether. However, you can't use traps in the engine due to treeborn frog, so you can run jinzo with the same effect. Obelisk is just in this because he's good and can be easily summoned

You said you wanted the deck to be more competitive, so this is how I did it, it's impossible to have an anime-style deck and keep it noncompetitive, so make a choice.

EDIT: I didn't save the deck and it timed out, so I lost the deck, but here is the extra and side: http://i.imgur.com/9jsX4SP.png

Edited by Pox_Equestria, 23 January 2013 - 11:02 PM.

gE5ZJ.png

ResistenceXD0001

ResistenceXD0001

Honorable Member

• 788 posts
    • Time Online: 10d 14h 21m 4s
  • Location:(Girls Read): Your Dreams ........ (Guys Read): Your Girlfreinds dreams
- 2 Level 4 horus
+ 1 REDMD
+ 1 Plague Spreader
+ 1 BLS

can you beat 40 solemn judgments and 20 mirror forces?
oh and there is the nagging 40 honest deck

ResistenceXD0001: Making idiots everywhere realize how smart they really are (Since DeathBlade Left)
Posted Image Posted Image

Migious360

Migious360

• 117 posts

Frogs are the best tribute engine in the game, so you can just tribute summon Horus and skip LV 4 altogether. However, you can't use traps in the engine due to treeborn frog, so you can run jinzo with the same effect. Obelisk is just in this because he's good and can be easily summoned

You said you wanted the deck to be more competitive, so this is how I did it, it's impossible to have an anime-style deck and keep it noncompetitive, so make a choice.

EDIT: I didn't save the deck and it timed out, so I lost the deck, but here is the extra and side: http://i.imgur.com/9jsX4SP.png

Ok. The choice that I like to make is for this Horus deck to be competitive. Do you agree with Pox, ResistanceXD001?

NeoSwordsmanZ

NeoSwordsmanZ

D.D. Swordsman

• Veteran Members
  • 1,172 posts
    • Time Online: 111d 17h 45m 10s
  • Youtube:http://www.youtube.com/user/NeoSwordsmanZ

Hello everyone. This is Migious360. I've just made this Horus deck today. The deck that allows me to either take control of the battlefield,or to lock down the opponent and eventually wipe him/her out. The main objective in this deck is to call forth Horus the Black Flame Dragon as to negate the effects of spell cards. Like Chazz's Armed Dragons, it have the level of his own except that they happened to be more powerful. As we know, Royal Decree can negate the trap cards on the field. With the Horus' special effect,and Royal Decree combination, nothing can stand in his way. Here's the cards that I came up with myself,and no one else.

Posted Image

Monsters (19)
Horus the Black Flame Dragon Lv4 (x3)
Horus the Black Flame Dragon Lv6 (x3)
Horus the Black Flame Dragon Lv8 (x2)
Delta Flyer (x2)
Masked Dragon (x3)
Goblindbergh (x3)
Effect Veiler (x3)

Spells (16)
Dark Hole
Monster Reborn
Heavy Storm
Pot of Avarice
Shrink (x3)
Level Up! (x2)
Forbidden Lance (x2)
Mystical Space Typhoon (x3)
The Graveyard in the Fourth Dimension (x2)

Traps (5)
Solemn Judgement
Royal Decree (x3)
Starlight Road

Extra Deck (14)
Stardust Dragon (x2)
Black Rose Dragon
Red Dragon Archfiend
Scrap Dragon
Thought Ruler Archfiend
Blade Armor Ninja
Lavalval Chain
Queen Dragun Djinn
Number 39: Utopia
Photon Strike Bouncer
Gaia Dragon, the Thunder Charger
Photon Papilloperative
Steelwarm Roach

Side Deck (14)
Call of the Haunted (x2)
Solemn Warning (x2)
Negate Attack (x2)
Counter Counter (x2)
Dimensional Prison (x2)
Pot of Duality (x2)
The Grave of Enkindling (x2)

So what do you think of this Horus deck that I just built? Does it has more than enough synergy? I could put Atum in the Extra Deck, but that could ruin the synergy as it makes it attack points goes to 0 and the effects will be negated, doesn't it? Unless that you can consider Level Up can upgrade the negated Horus LV6,into Horus LV8. I put Counter Counter in the Side Deck just in case that they use the Counter Traps. I wanted to put at least two Shadow Imprisoning-Mirrors in the side deck just in case that I have to deal with the dark attribute monsters. But it doesn't have enough room. Grave of Enkindling allows me to summon any monster that was in the graveyard in case that Horus LV8 is eventually destroyed,and that lets me summon Horus LV6,then he can fight one of the opponent monsters and let him become LV8 once again, after he was sent into the deck,or hand once more. If there's any and all problem with this deck,anything that need to be fixed, then please let me know. If you have any suggestions,any advices,and any tips that can benefit this Horus deck, then I'll be more then happy to listen. Because I wanted this Horus deck to be competitive. A Deck Recipe would be even better. The truth is that I like to run the Horus deck in the typical YGO rival style. Like each of the rivals aces', Horus LV8 is dragon-type monster that has 3000ATK. For instance, Seto Kaiba's Blue Eyes White Dragon, Chazz Princeton's Armed Dragon Lv10,Jack Atlus' Red Dragon Archfiend,and Kite Tenjo's Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon. Please and thank you. Any card that allows me to add HorusLV4 from the deck to my hand,or graveyard, please let me know.

Note: You probably think that Negate Attack might be no good. But the reason why I place Negate Attack in the side deck. I like to play it like Kaiba like. Sure Mirror Force can do that, but its not Kaiba's dueling style. If you need me to take out Negate Attack,and it works for the best, then I'll do it.

Here's 2 different ways you could approach it taken from my article. Feel free to take any ideas from them

Posted Image
This first one is a more basic Horus deck with the lockdown idea in mind. TKRO helps keep your opponent from searching as well as acting as a Black Horn of Heaven against Synchro/Xyz monsters. Komodo-Dragon helps get Horus LV 6 out quicker, as well as REDMD. Delta Flyer gives you synchro options, and the tech'd Dragon's Mirror in the side gives you the chance to go into Five Head Dragon

Posted Image

This version, while not a true lockdown, uses ninja's as a way of going into LV 6 immediately, in which point, you might not need LV 4, but he's still there just cause. White Dragon Ninja serves as a strong sub-boss to keep Super Transformation from being too dead.

Edit: Links should work now.

Edited by NeoSwordsmanZ, 23 January 2013 - 11:36 PM.

Nayrusig_zpsc08e5f26.png

The Dimension Drifting Swordsman

p0aar8R.gif

6e1.gif

"They see me rollin
They hatin
Patrolling they tryin to catch me ridin dirty"

Migious360

Migious360

• 117 posts

Ok. The choice that I like to make is for this Horus deck to be competitive. Do you agree with Pox, ResistanceXD001?

How does this look to you, Pox_Equestria?

Posted Image

Pox_Equestria

Pox_Equestria

• Veteran Members
  • 1,690 posts
Looks good to me

gE5ZJ.png

Migious360

Migious360

• 117 posts

Looks good to me

I see. Thank you. Any other suggestions anyone?

PowerNova

PowerNova

Tranquil Apocalypse

• Veteran Members
  • 630 posts
    • Time Online: 37d 6h 53m 17s
  • Team:[SOLO]
You could try out Destiny Horus…

hibari_signature_by_mrpako-d5z1j2p.jpg

PowerNova

Silent.Swift.Deadly

Migious360

Migious360

• 117 posts

Here's 2 different ways you could approach it taken from my article. Feel free to take any ideas from them

Posted Image
This first one is a more basic Horus deck with the lockdown idea in mind. TKRO helps keep your opponent from searching as well as acting as a Black Horn of Heaven against Synchro/Xyz monsters. Komodo-Dragon helps get Horus LV 6 out quicker, as well as REDMD. Delta Flyer gives you synchro options, and the tech'd Dragon's Mirror in the side gives you the chance to go into Five Head Dragon

Posted Image

This version, while not a true lockdown, uses ninja's as a way of going into LV 6 immediately, in which point, you might not need LV 4, but he's still there just cause. White Dragon Ninja serves as a strong sub-boss to keep Super Transformation from being too dead.

Edit: Links should work now.

Ok. But I have few questions that I like to ask of you. If I were to use Seven Tools of the Bandit(s), which cards should I side with? And if I were use Dragon Mirror to summon Five Headed Dragon, then which card(s) should I side with? I just have to sure there that it has more than enough synergy within this deck. Otherwise it would have mess up the deck.

Edited by Migious360, 21 February 2013 - 11:30 PM.

NeoSwordsmanZ

NeoSwordsmanZ

D.D. Swordsman

• Veteran Members
  • 1,172 posts
    • Time Online: 111d 17h 45m 10s
  • Youtube:http://www.youtube.com/user/NeoSwordsmanZ

Ok. But I have few questions that I like to ask of you. If I were to use Seven Tools of the Bandit(s), which cards should I side with? And if I were use Dragon Mirror to summon Five Headed Dragon, then which card(s) should I side with? I just have to sure there that it has more than enough synergy within this deck. Otherwise it would have mess up the deck.

For the Seven Tools, it kinda depends on what you're up against. It could either be the BTH, or even the Safe Zone. Its very possible that you may not need it. As for Mirror, you could side Pot of Avarice for it, since you need at least 5 dragons on the field/grave, sending them back to the deck is a bit counter-productive.

Nayrusig_zpsc08e5f26.png

The Dimension Drifting Swordsman

p0aar8R.gif

6e1.gif

"They see me rollin
They hatin
Patrolling they tryin to catch me ridin dirty"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to the Dueling Network Forums!

To sign in, use your duelingnetwork.com account. If you do not have one, register here.