216 replies to this topic

kpnut

kpnut

the Cry of the Wind

• Veteran Members
  • 2,878 posts
    • Time Online: 302d 5h 15m 12s

damn it got necro bumped this badly?
ah well, still wont be meta or are meta for that matter.

no it's just that popular especially since stuff is being added as the OP finds out about it (sort of)

The ErosionSeeker

The ErosionSeeker

So break my heart, break my destiny!

• Veteran Members
  • 2,297 posts
    • Time Online: 214d 2h 56m 53s
  • Team:[FAB] Dreams of Faded Reality

Your Assault Mode build has too many unnecessary cards in it. Assault Beast is a lot like Terraforming it should be run on a 1:1 basis to the number of AMAs you're running. I'd also take out a few of the spells, Book of Moon (I know it's a swiss army knife, but you're using Stardust AM, you can negate damn near everything with that) and the Assault Teleports (I keep those in the Side deck) yes they can be useful if you draw your AM monster but there's only two of them and if you do find you're drawing them too much side the teleports in game 2. I'd also recommend puting RDA AM in the side deck just to switch tactics between games in a match.

yeah, i kinda messed that one up. i didn't do the AMA / AB order correctly, and there are a few other cards that aren't that needed.
i'll fix it in a few hours.

lol, have u seen fire fist, agent, prophecy, and harpie?
yea this thread is impossible.

if you can take apart tier 2 and 1 decks with a rogue, then you're surely doing something right.

ollyxi

ollyxi

• 1 posts
    • Time Online: 1h 25m 47s
Hi I'm new to this forum. Here is a link to my friend dragunity deck profile with some combos and side decking analysis. What do u think of the addition of arma-leyvaten for the easy trident dragion, and then also the card quillpen of gulldos?

Also what are people's thoughts on Tempest, the storm suppressor dragon?

The ErosionSeeker

The ErosionSeeker

• Veteran Members
  • 2,297 posts

Hi I'm new to this forum. Here is a link to my friend dragunity deck profile with some combos and side decking analysis. What do u think of the addition of arma-leyvaten for the easy trident dragion, and then also the card quillpen of gulldos?
Also what are people's thoughts on Tempest, the storm suppressor dragon?

From another thread:

actually, by taking apart the effect and analyzing what it can do for dragunity, we can tell whether or not it will be useful in the maindeck, as a tech, or as a varient requirement.

You can banish 2 Dragon-Type or WIND monsters from your hand or Graveyard, except this card; Special Summon this card from your hand or Graveyard.
You will NEVER want to banish dragunities from the hand (where the winged beasts have the most power), and you probably won't want to banish them from the grave either (same reason why people don't banish phalanx for REDMD very often). there are better ways to summon this without using its banish-happy self-summon.

During your opponent's End Phase, if this card was Special Summoned: Return it to the hand.
this is actually a moderately useful power. it does not state that this "drawback" only works when it's summoned with its own effect. this means that if you chain COTH during your opponent's main phase 2 (or end phase, probably), it will return as well. this gives you a somewhat reusable ravine discard, but not so powerful that you'd want 17 copies of it.

You can send this card and 1 other WIND monster from your hand to the Graveyard; add 1 Dragon-Type monster from your Deck to your hand.
this is a decent effect, it's a little like ROTA, a little like ravine itself. the drawback is that it has less targets than ravine (can't search dragunity riders), as well as the fact that you'll probably already have a way to get dragunity tuners into the grave, whether it be discard for ravine search, or whatever. an advantage that this card has is that it can search ANY dragon. you can grab REDMD (you probably won't), arma leyvaten (eh, sure), but most of all, it's highly likely you'll want to add arma mystletainn to your hand for more crazy turbo combos.

When this card is banished: Add 1 WIND Dragon-Type monster from your Deck to your hand.
this ability is a bit like the one right above it. you can grab leyvaten, mystletainn, or any old dragunity tuner.
the only viable thing you can do with this is gold sarc, which will thin the deck by 1, shuffle, and basically turn into a minimum of a +0.
+0 cards are usually the most dangerous, and that's exactly what you want.

You can only use 1 "Tempest, the Storm Suppressor Dragon" effect per turn, and only once that turn.
meh, obligatory usage limitation.

all in all, i feel that certain builds will be playing this in 2s and 3s along with a few gold sarcs (the benefit of Tempest will make any potential deck-clog be balanced), and besides, it's DRAGUNITY. drawing cards doesn't mean anything to you, it's all discard + every card in your hand is dux.

surpressor alone won't make dragunity tier 1, but that combined with the rank 6 xyzs (atum, PSB, exa-beetle, M7), beastlord volcan, and crimson blader, dragunity may see a push from the LGTY wind pack that can change its rogue classification.

quillpen is rarely used because it's only mainly useful mid- to endgame, and even then it doesn't deal as much damage as it should.
granted, it works just fine as a reloader for gae dearg turbo, returning your baby roc and garuda so you can use them again and again.

for me, i usually side out arma leyvaten game 2, so trident isn't used as often afterwards. still, it's great for the "i'm winning this turn" declaration.
IMO, trident's main use is to give my opponent pressure, in the sense that any unguarded field could end the game, depleting hands and leaving them open to a heavy storm.

i noticed that your friend was missing a gae dearg, who has become more popular with the advent of rank 6 dragunity OTK.
summon it turn 1, instantly send zephyros to the grave, and you're all set for mist wurm and GDTurbo loops.

rickyvidaloka

rickyvidaloka

• 40 posts
    • Time Online: 6d 14h 46m 34s
you should talk about windrose the wind elemental lord and wath this card can do in dragunity

brosef

brosef

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • 527 posts
    • Time Online: 70d 12h 33m 21s

you should talk about windrose the wind elemental lord and wath this card can do in dragunity

it has a good eff
getting 5 winds is not a problem
but its harder to remove mosnters if you have >5
http://forum.dueling..._25#entry644595

im not a hero, a hero would share his cards with other people, i want all the card.

kpnut

kpnut

the Cry of the Wind

• Veteran Members
  • 2,878 posts

yeah, i kinda messed that one up. i didn't do the AMA / AB order correctly, and there are a few other cards that aren't that needed.
i'll fix it in a few hours.

I can help with the AM deck since I have my own. It's not perfect (nothing is) and is filled with my own personal choices, anyway here it is:
Posted Image

brosef

brosef

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • 527 posts

I can help with the AM deck since I have my own. It's not perfect (nothing is) and is filled with my own personal choices, anyway here it is:
Posted Image

dont you think 3 aklys and 3 legionnaire is overkill
why do you run nova without inferno
dont you think 2 crimson blader, rda and scrap dragon is overkill
why do you main impernal iron wall and malefic stardust
whats wrong with monster reborn?
why odnt you run coc with 6 targets
whats wrong with maining redmd
no atum?
no zeph?
no lv 5 even thought youre maxing legionnaire
do you relly need 3 dark bribe
no poa?

im not a hero, a hero would share his cards with other people, i want all the card.

kpnut

kpnut

the Cry of the Wind

• Veteran Members
  • 2,878 posts

dont you think 3 aklys and 3 legionnaire is overkill
why do you run nova without inferno
dont you think 2 crimson blader, rda and scrap dragon is overkill
why do you main impernal iron wall and malefic stardust
whats wrong with monster reborn?
why odnt you run coc with 6 targets
whats wrong with maining redmd
no atum?
no zeph?
no lv 5 even thought youre maxing legionnaire
do you relly need 3 dark bribe
no poa?

3 Aklys and Legion is due to me not having Aklys or Legion when I needed it most and lost because of it. Nova is a throwback from when I copied the base for the deck from my actual Dragunity deck and never bothered editing out (laziness!) 2 copies of each synchro is down to paranoia in case something happens to the original copy as with IIW and Malefic Stardust is also a throwback like Nova. Draw power has NEVER helped me, if I draw a card 9 times out of 10 i WILL dead draw. The lack of a level 5 was an oversight. Atum is a cancer that should be removed (or even existed anyway) Zephyros is like the level 5 synchro (an oversight, that hasn't affected the deck at all) Bribe is for things Stardust /AM can't negate. Also can you not read? I said it's filled with my own personal choices I shouldn't need to explain my own PERSONAL choices to ANYONE. I intended for the basic monster choices to be used as a template not the entire deck.

liy010

liy010

Honorable Member

• Veteran Members
  • 1,171 posts
    • Time Online: 24d 18h 45m 51s
Wow, this is a great guide! :D

Gratz to The Erosionseeker

brosef

brosef

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • 527 posts

3 Aklys and Legion is due to me not having Aklys or Legion when I needed it most and lost because of it. Nova is a throwback from when I copied the base for the deck from my actual Dragunity deck and never bothered editing out (laziness!) 2 copies of each synchro is down to paranoia in case something happens to the original copy as with IIW and Malefic Stardust is also a throwback like Nova. Draw power has NEVER helped me, if I draw a card 9 times out of 10 i WILL dead draw. The lack of a level 5 was an oversight. Atum is a cancer that should be removed (or even existed anyway) Zephyros is like the level 5 synchro (an oversight, that hasn't affected the deck at all) Bribe is for things Stardust /AM can't negate. Also can you not read? I said it's filled with my own personal choices I shouldn't need to explain my own PERSONAL choices to ANYONE. I intended for the basic monster choices to be used as a template not the entire deck.

well sorry for asking

The ErosionSeeker

The ErosionSeeker

• Veteran Members
  • 2,297 posts

i'm not going to seriously talk abiut windrose until i have a good pic of it.
that's honestly the only reason why it's not there yet. i can easily proxy it on DN

rickyvidaloka

rickyvidaloka

• 40 posts
can gorz work in dragunity ?

The ErosionSeeker

The ErosionSeeker

• Veteran Members
  • 2,297 posts

can gorz work in dragunity ?

gorz is rarely a good maindeck choice for dragunity.
most of the time, you will have ravine up along with backrow.

if you somehow get your backrow nuked and ravine the only thing left, you cannot even drop gorz because of ravine.

however, game 2 the opponent will likely side in more ravine hate, which is where gorz can start helping.
side it if you must. even TRAGO is a better choice. it can manipulate its level and steal a few things in the event that you need them.

rickyvidaloka

rickyvidaloka

• 40 posts

i'm not going to seriously talk abiut windrose until i have a good pic of it.
that's honestly the only reason why it's not there yet. i can easily proxy it on DN

Posted Imagehere a good pic of windrose
Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned (from yourhand) by having exactly 5 WIND monsters in your Graveyard, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. When this card is Special Summoned: Destroy all Spell/Trap Cards your opponent controls. You can only use this effect of "Windrose the Elemental Lord" once per turn. If this card leaves the field, skip the Battle Phase of your next turn.
and his effect above

The ErosionSeeker

The ErosionSeeker

• Veteran Members
  • 2,297 posts
okay~!

clear images of windrose and tempest are out, so it's time for me to d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-duel with them, as well as write up what they do.
this will likely be done by friday.

http://images4.wikia...-LTGY-JP-SR.png
http://images2.wikia...-LTGY-JP-SR.png

in case anyone can get a better scan (i think these two are the best for now)

also going to add lord_ivan's loop on friday.
i have a bunch of schoolwork preventing me from being able to finish it all now.

(DKD) DeadChaos

(DKD) DeadChaos

• 260 posts
    • Time Online: 3d 5h 15m 20s
  • Facebook:PM me.
  • Twitter:PM me.
  • Youtube:PM me.
  • Team:(DKD)
Didn't know that Dragunites are Tier 1 in Japan... Thanks for this article!

Posted Image Posted Image

HBK!

The ErosionSeeker

The ErosionSeeker

• Veteran Members
  • 2,297 posts

Didn't know that Dragunites are Tier 1 in Japan... Thanks for this article!

(that's the joke)

okay no, they're high 2, we haven't seen anything post-LTGY (elemental dragons), so it's still unclear where they're at, but it's not unreasonable to assume they've moved up some.

(DKD) DeadChaos

(DKD) DeadChaos

• 260 posts
    • Time Online: 3d 5h 15m 20s
  • Facebook:PM me.
  • Twitter:PM me.
  • Youtube:PM me.
  • Team:(DKD)

(that's the joke)

okay no, they're high 2, we haven't seen anything post-LTGY (elemental dragons), so it's still unclear where they're at, but it's not unreasonable to assume they've moved up some.

Oh it's a joke... I would say that they're Tier 2 at best.

Posted Image Posted Image

HBK!

The ErosionSeeker

The ErosionSeeker

• Veteran Members
  • 2,297 posts
just updated a few builds again, added tempest to some of the more competitive ones.

atlandis ftk is now explained

will talk about side-decking soon.
please tell me your choices for side-deck cards. i also have my own set, as well as a general sideboard set for dragunity.

time to care more about this than i would for a school essay!

The ErosionSeeker

The ErosionSeeker

• Veteran Members
  • 2,297 posts
Supressor Dragunity?

That's a thing. And it is scary as hell.

New decks in the 2nd post.
Still looking to fix one or two of them, there are a few things that I'm unhappy with.

sangheili868

sangheili868

• 4 posts
    • Time Online: 4h 8m 29s
Found another, probably useless, strategy to deal as much Life Point damage as possible in 1 turn, just for the lols.
Starts with one of the loops on the original post:

Cards in hand:

• dux
  • arma mystletainn
Cards in grave:
  • phalanx
Here's what you do:
  • summon dux
  • SS phalanx
  • SS arma mystletainn
  • SS phalanx
  • sync phalanx with dux for gae dearg
  • send zephyros to the grave
  • xyz 6 for atum
  • detach gae dearg, SS REDMD
  • SS gae dearg with REDMD
  • eff zephyros to bounce REDMD
  • SS REDMD using atum
  • eff gae dearg to SS mist valley baby roc

So at this point your field looks like this: REDMD(eff not used yet), gae dearg(eff used), zephyros, baby roc
Also, you should have 4 cards on the field (ravine and other spell/traps) that you don't need for trident fodder
Now here's my idea:

• synchro zyphyros and baby roc for orient dragon (banish a synchro if opponent has one)
  • overlay gae dearg and orient dragon for another atum
  • atum eff to SS leyvaten and give it phalanx
  • SS Phalanx and synchro with leyvaten for trident dragion
  • destroy backrows for extra attacks
  • Remember the REDMD? SS leyvaten
  • equip with phalanx, SS phalanx, synchro for ANOTHER trident
  • destroy backrows for extra attacks
  • Overlay Atum with Gaia Dragon, the Thunder Charger
  • ATTACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2 Tridents (9000 each) + REDMD(2800) + Gaia(2600 piercing) = 23400 Battle Damage!!!!!
  • If by some bizarre reason your opponent had used every Life Point gaining card ever made last turn,
  • Overlay the tridents for a gustav max and detach for 2000 more!

If you can make this strategy subtract even more life points, I will be amazed.

Edited by sangheili868, 08 April 2013 - 08:36 PM.

chaosgenius

chaosgenius

Veteran Member

• 551 posts
    • Time Online: 7d 11h 54m 38s

Found another, probably useless, strategy to deal as much Life Point damage as possible in 1 turn, just for the lols.
Starts with one of the loops on the original post:

So at this point your field looks like this: REDMD(eff not used yet), gae dearg(eff used), zephyros, baby roc
Also, you should have 4 cards on the field (ravine and other spell/traps) that you don't need for trident fodder
Now here's my idea:

Dragunity don't have enough Extra deck for 2 Trident, it's squeezed enough already.

Oh, and hi Erosionseeker

Join us at the Chain Beat Guide and Discussion!

Posted Image

Lots of tips and cool techs to play with!

Beat those Elemental Dragon and Prophecy players on a daily basis!

Build those Chain links one step at a time!

The ErosionSeeker

The ErosionSeeker

• Veteran Members
  • 2,297 posts

sorry to say it, but trying to find the loop that can deal the maximum possible damage is either pointless or impossible, since anything over 8000 direct is enough, and 16400 is almost impossible to avoid (without fader).

However, there is a loop that can deal close to 30000 damage...

Hand:
Phalanx
Mystletainn
Ravine
REDMD
Gift of the Martyr
Synchro Gift
  • play ravine, discard phalanx, search dux
  • summon dux, SS phalanx
  • send phalanx to SS mystletainn
  • equip + SS phalanx
  • sync 6 for dearg
  • dearg dumps zephyros
  • xyz 6 for atum
  • atum eff (detach dearg) to SS tempest from deck
  • banish tempest, SS REDMD. SS dearg from grave. tempest eff, add mystletainn from deck
  • dearg searches out baby roc
  • bounce REDMD for zeph (take 400)
  • sync 6 (roc + zephyros) for orient
  • (orient eff to banish)
  • xyz 6 (dearg + orient) for atum
  • second atum eff to SS leyvaten
  • leyvaten eff to SS phalanx
  • banish atum #1 for REDMD
  • send phalanx to SS mystletainn
  • mystletainn eff to SS phalanx
  • sync 10 (leyvaten + phalanx) for trident
  • destroy ravine + mystletainn
  • REDMD eff to SS gae dearg
  • dearg to send gusto griffin to grave
  • griffin eff to SS windaar from deck
  • SS gaia dragon on atum
  • synchro gift. reduce gae dearg's atk to 0, add 2400 to gaia dragon
  • gift of the martyr. send gaia dragon, add 5000 to trident.
  • xyz 6 (dearg + windaar) for force focus
  • attack. trident deals 3x 8000, REDMD deals 2800, force focus deals 2800.
  • MP2, xyz 10 for gustav (another 2000)
  • DAMAGE TOTAL: 29200 (with 400 to yourself)
of course, this is inconsistent as hell, and there *is* a loop to pull 3 tridents out while going +2 on trident summon. this other combo is stupidly complex and should only be used if you're insane.

Edited by The ErosionSeeker, 09 April 2013 - 02:16 PM.

The ErosionSeeker

The ErosionSeeker

• Veteran Members
  • 2,297 posts

As of today, all relevant decks have received tune-ups from tempest.

The skeleton has also been changed, and many of the decks work far better than before.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Dragunity, Tier 1, Get wrecked by wind

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to the Dueling Network Forums!

To sign in, use your duelingnetwork.com account. If you do not have one, register here.