THE CARDS AND THEIR FUNCTIONS
- Trial and Tribulation: This card can do a number of things. It can draw 1, add 2 monsters from the Graveyard into your hand, or destroy "up to" 3 cards, face-up cards that is. So it works like so, Drop Tefnuit, Tribute Tefnuit for Su, Su tributes another Hieratic to destroy a Spell or Trap, activate Trial and Tribulation, and on End Phase I should be able to retrieve Tefnuit and Su from my Graveyard, back to my hand. It's a really amazing card, and I'm starting to favor it far more than Super Rejuv, which holds nearly the same purpose, that is to plus off of your spam.
- Reckless Greed: I run this in many OTK style variants, and because of Cardcar D, Reckless is much more powerful with this deck. In fact, Cardcar D has become a Staple for most Hieratic decks as they NEED the hand advantage to remain large enough to comeback if you must. Reckless Greed adds to that bonus. An example would be, first turn, set Reckless Greed, summon Carcar D. Cardcar effect draws 2 cards bringing you back to 6. On your turn, if Reckless Greed was not destroyed or activated yet, you will draw for Draw Phase, having a 7 card hand, then activating Reckless Greed to have a nice, healthy, 9 card hand. It's amazing.
- Swing of Memories: This is like playing 3 Monster Reborn. Simply Special Summon your Normal Monster from your Graveyard with it, and keep your combo flowing until it finishes, this card allows more consistent combo plays. It is also often the difference between OTK or be OTK'd next turn, for me anyways.
- Constellar Ptolemy M7: THE BEST CARD IN THE DECK HANDS DOWN. This is the main OTK combo piece. Without it, OTK's just wont happen like you want them to. You have Birdman into Stardust, I have M7 into another M7 or Pleiades. How this card functions is kind of like a search for Red-Eyes. You use Atum to summon Red-Eyes, then Red-Eyes to bring another Level 6 out, overlay for M7, activate M7's effect and return Red-Eyes to your hand. This can be used to maintain and hold onto Red-Eyes for emergency plays, or Re-Summon him by banishing Atum so he has 2800 ATK, and also allowing another Special Summon. This card can also return your opponent's cards, monsters or spell/traps, to their hand. BUT! The best part is that I can target my Hieratics, or my Red-Eyes in my Graveyard, and return it to my hand. These effects make M7 several times more versatile than the Birdman version running around today.
- Constellar Pleiades: The stun card. If I EVER get a chance to make it within my combo, I do. The fact that his effect is a quick effect, allows me to play defensively with my offence, stopping Rabbit Summons, Tour Guide Plays, and even common Atlantean Diva plays. His stun factor has saved me too many times to remove him from the deck.
- Dragon's Mirror: It's Hieratics. I can get 5 or more Dragon-Type monsters in my Graveyard on my first turn, easily. That means an easy, strait out of thin air 5000 beat stick that catches anyone and everyone by surprise. He has also made come backs for me from sudden defeats, claiming the title for me! This is my favorite piece of the deck, all though it is usually my last resort. My last, BIG, fear mongering play in the deck.
THE END RESULT TO SOME GAMES
Edited by TGT James, 02 March 2013 - 06:00 AM.