Solved  Mecha Phantom Beast Dragossack Ruling For Its Protection Effect

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

Magex47

Magex47

• 48 posts
    • Time Online: 22h 20m 39s
2 Level 7 monsters
Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; Special Summon 2 "Mecha Phantom Beast Tokens" (Machine-Type/WIND/Level 3/ATK 0/DEF 0). While you control a Token, this card cannot be destroyed by battle or by card effects. Once per turn: You can Tribute 1 "Mecha Phantom Beast" monster to target 1 card on the field; destroy that target. During the turn this effect is activated, this card cannot attack.

If my opponent activates dark hole, lightning vortex, mirror force, etc. (basically any card that does not target and destroys) will Dragossack survive if I have one token? My opponent claimed that since dark hole destroyed all monsters simultaneously dragossack would also be destroyed.

infernitymage

infernitymage

Twisted steel and sex appeal

• Veteran Members
  • 2,888 posts
    • Time Online: 87d 2h 53s
no, since destruction is simultaneous, the token won't be destroyed before dragosak

Trade thread ->http://forum.dueling...ome-in-and-see/ <- Trade thread

Posted Image

EGamerozo

EGamerozo

Phosphophyllite X Cinnabar Shipper

• 5,729 posts
    • Time Online: 316d 17h 52m 35s
  • Team:[FOG]
your Opponent is wrong, Since destruction is simultaneous the Token is still considered to be on the field when resolving those cards effect even when it gets destroyed during the resolution(somehow this explanation makes sense to me, don't know bout you).

1u42clU.png

oqOJnAc.png

^Thanks to Zoi for Bar^

|dA Gallery||GFX Showcase|

gJwToPs.png

clairedestroyer!

clairedestroyer!

VIP☆STAR

• Retired Staff
  • 945 posts
    • Time Online: 98d 8h 26m 43s
to put it in simpler terms, the tokens wont stop protecting drago-sac until they leave the field. by the time thats happened the effect is already done. drago-sac will survive a dark hole torrential etc if you control a token when the effect activates.
Posted Image

That Popo Don't Care | Dialectics and Catboys | Master of Sass

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to the Dueling Network Forums!

To sign in, use your duelingnetwork.com account. If you do not have one, register here.