Tempest Dragunity Deck Guide

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Mokey Magic

Mokey Magic

• 18 posts
    • Time Online: 5h 51m 55s
  • Youtube:http://www.youtube.com/egul1210
What's up guys? Today, I wanted to share with you, my Tempest Dragunity (Cyclonunity) deck. If any of you know, Dragunity is a Synchro deck, that has been around for a while now. The deck started dying about when Inzektors and Wind-Ups came around, and the game began to evolve. The early Xyz Monsters then came around, and changed the game completely. The first turn Stardust was just not enough.
A couple sets had gone by, and Dragunity still didn't have any playable Xyz Monsters it could make consistently and use it effectively. Then, Galactic Overlord was released, and the Hieratic Dragons were introduced. That was when the deck changed completely.
When I first read the effect of Hieratic Dragon King of Atum, I immediately started laughing. It was so good! The day it came out on DN, I began testing the beta version of my Dragunity deck. I had plenty of experience using the deck. It was my main deck ever since I started playing. I knew the deck like the back of my hand, so I knew how to put 2 Lv. 6 Dragons out easy as pie. After a couple days of testing, I came up with 2 combos that would leave a nice, strong, field, ready for anything that came my way. The combos were:

Combo #1 - Stardust Dragon, Hieratic Dragon King of Atum, & Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon (0 ATK)

Hand Requirements - Dragon Ravine & Blackwing - Zephyros the Elite

Step 1. Activate Dragon Ravine, and use its effect. Discard Blackwing - Zephyros the Elite to add Dragunity Phalanx from your deck to your hand.

Step 2. Use Blackwing - Zephyros the Elite's effect to return Dragon Ravine to your hand to Special Summon himself.

Step 3. Re-Activate Dragon Ravine, and use its effect. Discard Dragunity Phalanx to add Dragunity Dux from your deck to your hand.

Step 4. Normal Summon Dragunity Dux, and use his effect to Equip Dragunity Phalanx from your Graveyard. The use Dragunity Phalanx's effect to Special Summon himself from the S/T card zone.

Step 5. Synchro using Blackwing - Zephyros the Elite and Dragunity Phalanx to Summon Dragunity Knight - Vajrayana. Use its effect to Equip Dragunity Phalanx from the Graveyard. Next, use its effect again to Special Summon itself from the S/T Zone.

Step 6. Synchro with Dragunity Phalanx and Dragunity Dux to Summon another Dragunity Knight - Vajrayana. Use its effect to Equip and Special Summon Dragunity Phalanx (just like step 5).

Step 7. Overlay your 2 Dragunity Knight - Vajrayanas to Xyz Summon Hieratic Dragon King of Atum.

Step 8. Use Hieratic Dragon King of Atum's effect to Special Summon Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon from your deck (ATK and Def 0).

Step 9. Use Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon's effect to Special Summon Dragunity Knight - Vajrayana from your Graveyard.

Step 10. Synchro with Dragunity Phalanx and Dragunity Knight - Vajrayana to Summon Stardust Dragon.

That is the first combo, which ends up becoming a +1 for you. Then if you can manage to set 2-3 Traps, then you most likely will win that game. The next combo is similar to that one, but you can Summon Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon at full power. Here is the next combo:

Combo #2

Hand Requirements - Dragon Ravine, Dragunity Phalanx, and Dragunity Arma Mystletainn (Or Dragunity Phalanx in Grave, and Dragunity Dux + Dragunity Arma Mystletainn in hand)

Step 1. Use Dragon Ravine to discard Dragunity Phalanx, and search for Dragunity Dux.

Step 2. Normal Summon Dragunity Dux, and use its effect to Equip Dragunity Phalanx. Then use Dragunity Phalanx's effect to Special Summon itself from the S/T Zone.

Step 3. Tribute Dragunity Phalanx to Special Summon Dragunity Arma Mystletainn. Use his effect, to Equp Dragunity Phalanx, and use its effect to Special Summon itself.

Step 4. Synchro with Dragunity Phalanx and Dragunity Dux to Summon Dragunity Knight - Gae Dearg, and use its effect to add Blackwing - Zephyros the Elite from your deck to your hand, and then send it to the Graveyard (all part of Gae Dearg's effect).

Step 5. Overlay Dragunity Knight - Gae Dearg, and Dragunity Arma Mystletainn to Summon Hieratic Dragon King of Atum. Then use its effect to Special Summon Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon from your deck. (Detach Gae Dearg)

Step 6. Use Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon's effect to Special Summon Dragunty Phalanx from your Graveyard.

Step 7. Return Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon to your hand to Special Summon Blackwing - Zephyros the Elite from your Graveyard. Then Synchro with Dragunity Phalanx and Blackwing - Zephyros the Elite to Summon Dragunity Knight - Vajrayana

Step 8. Use Dragunity Knight - Vajrayana's effect to Equip Dragunity Phalanx from your Graveyard, and use its effect to Special Summon itself.

Step 9. Banish Dragunity Knight - Vajrayana to Special Summon Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon. Then use its effect to Special Summon Dragunity Knight - Gae Dearg from the Graveyard. Then use its effect to add Dragunity Phalanx from your deck to your hand, and then send it to the Graveyard.

Step 10. Synchro with Dragunity Knight - Gae Dearg, and Dragunity Phalanx to Summon Stardust Dragon.

And that is the 2d Combo!! As you can see, this combo has the same outcome as the first, but like I said, Red-Eyes is at 2800 ATK.

Now, finally for my deck list, here it is! Posted Image

Now on to the main purpose of this article - Tempest - The Elemental Dragon of Cyclones. How does he help this deck? Easy. He makes it 10x more consistent than it ever was! With him in the deck, Gold Sarcophagus becomes a Reinforcement of the Army at 3! Being able to search any WIND Dragons means that you will have an 80% Chance of getting Phalanx in your opening hand, which means we can run 3x Cards of Consonance!! Searching, and Drawing galore! This also means that we have easy access to Dragunity Arma - Mystletainn, making it easy to pull of combo #2.

As you can see, I have a couple tech choices in the deck; one of them being Breakthrough Skill. Why this over Effect Veiler, or Maxx "C"? Well, this deck does have trouble getting over cards like Evilswarm Ophion, Steelswarm Roach, Evolzar Laggia, Evolzar Dolkka, and Thunder King - Rai-Oh. Breakthrough Skill can be used to solve any of those problems. Best part: It can be used 2ce. You can simply discard it with Dragon Ravine, and it will immediately be live in the Graveyard.

Anyway, that concludes this deck discussion!! If you liked it, or have any questions, let me know!! I have a full Deck Profile on my youtube channel, Egul1210. Thank you!!

Edited by Mokey Magic, 14 March 2013 - 07:27 AM.

KuribohAdvocate !!!

KuribohAdvocate !!!

• 112 posts
    • Time Online: 2d 14h 32m 51s
Well, damn man. I was looking for things you could put the ELE dragons in and Dragunities never crossed my mind! This is genius lol. I honestly see no faults in this deck.
Edit: I'm stealing this a deck and testing it for myself lol

Edited by KuribohAdvocate !!!, 13 March 2013 - 12:39 PM.

Kasudain

Kasudain

Honorable Member

• 831 posts
    • Time Online: 25d 5h 41m 57s
IMO:
Veiler>Breakthough Skill

Mokey Magic

Mokey Magic

• 18 posts

Well, damn man. I was looking for things you could put the ELE dragons in and Dragunities never crossed my mind! This is genius lol. I honestly see no faults in this deck.

Haha thanks!

KuribohAdvocate !!!

KuribohAdvocate !!!

• 112 posts
    • Time Online: 2d 14h 32m 51s

IMO:
Veiler>Breakthough Skill

The thing is though, he can use breakthrough skill as discard fodder for Ravine and it'll still active, where as Veiler wouldn't be as useful.
What are the spells in the side deck?
BTW, you wrote that you sync Vajrayana and Phalanx for Vajrayana. I'm guessing you meant a level 8 Sync xD.

Edited by KuribohAdvocate !!!, 13 March 2013 - 12:52 PM.

! ! !Yansen Sugianto

! ! !Yansen Sugianto

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • 730 posts
    • Time Online: 20d 12h 51m 17s
  • Facebook:Yansen Sugianto
  • Twitter:@yansensugianto
yaa agree with kasu, veiler if not used.. still in hand.. ---> can cost ravine
breakthough must set, ----> cant cost ravine.

The Vampire Prince

The Vampire Prince

I can take the sky from you

• Retired Staff
  • 2,381 posts
    • Time Online: 218d 21h 15m 47s
Here's a fun mod of your second combo for games 2/3 if you side Koa'ki Meiru Drago, and especially fun when someone Maxx "c"s you xD
Combo

Edit:
And here's my build ;) Turbo Atum Tempest
Also Garuda banish Tempest = Search again >.> if the duel lasts that long that is.

Edited by The Vampire Prince, 13 March 2013 - 01:40 PM.

prince_by_ikutothecat-d6ezj1h.png

Mokey Magic

Mokey Magic

• 18 posts

yaa agree with kasu, veiler if not used.. still in hand.. ---> can cost ravine
breakthough must set, ----> cant cost ravine.

You can discard it with Ravine. It's effect can activate in the Graveyard.

Here's a fun mod of your second combo for games 2/3 if you side Koa'ki Meiru Drago, and especially fun when someone Maxx "c"s you xD

Combo

I like the idea, but the combos are built for this build. I don't have space for another Atum, nor Drago.

brosef

brosef

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • 527 posts
    • Time Online: 70d 12h 33m 25s
i would run 2 garuda
it banish tempest and it does the same as mysletainn for the otk
and run baby roc if youre going for otk version
http://forum.dueling..._25#entry644595

im not a hero, a hero would share his cards with other people, i want all the card.

Mokey Magic

Mokey Magic

• 18 posts

i would run 2 garuda it banish tempest and it does the same as mysletainn for the otk
and run baby roc if youre going for otk version

Both cards are B-A-D. I've explained this numerous times to people. The deck is consistent enough with searching Mystletiann. Last thing I would want to do is clog the deck up with unnecessary cards.

brosef

brosef

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • 527 posts

Both cards are B-A-D. I've explained this numerous times to people. The deck is consistent enough with searching Mystletiann. Last thing I would want to do is clog the deck up with unnecessary cards.

how is a fast otk inconstistent

and with garuda and baby roc you can make
queen, lv 8 rank 6 and redmd full attack in one turn

im not a hero, a hero would share his cards with other people, i want all the card.

enmanuel7

enmanuel7

Honorable Member

• Veteran Members
  • 830 posts
    • Time Online: 101d 1h 44m 38s
  • Team:TAH-the avengers of heaven-co-captain
your build is interesting,it doesnt run baby roc and garuda wich defficults summoning red eyes with his full atk but all the draw power that you use isntead is good too ,i woul take out big eye and put a photon streak bouncer instead ,dont know about you but for me being able to summon 2 tempest in 1 turn is very hard since he can only use his effec once per turn you can only summon big eye if you drew reborn or red eyes

exactly and dont forget chidori

brosef

brosef

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • 527 posts

your build is interesting,it doesnt run baby roc and garuda wich defficults summoning red eyes with his full atk but all the draw power that you use isntead is good too ,i woul take out big eye and put a photon streak bouncer instead ,dont know about you but for me being able to summon 2 tempest in 1 turn is very hard since he can only use his effec once per turn you can only summon big eye if you drew reborn or red eyes

isint chidori a little hard to summon since you ussualy use zeph for the xyz

Mokey Magic

Mokey Magic

• 18 posts

Because you end up drawing the wrong cards. People don't understand this stuff. This build is not an OTK build.. It's built to make a strong, first turn play, and keep field advantage. Not try to win turn 1. The deck is built to draw what you need early game.

[size=4]

Yeah, I'm taking it out. This was an old screenshot of my deck before I took it out. I run Thought Ruler instead of it.

brosef

brosef

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • 527 posts

Because you end up drawing the wrong cards. People don't understand this stuff. This build is not an OTK build.. It's built to make a strong, first turn play, and keep field advantage. Not try to win turn 1. The deck is built to draw what you need early game.

Yeah, I'm taking it out. This was an old screenshot of my deck before I took it out. I run Thought Ruler instead of it.

fair nuff

enmanuel7

enmanuel7

Honorable Member

• Veteran Members
  • 830 posts
    • Time Online: 101d 1h 44m 38s
  • Team:TAH-the avengers of heaven-co-captain

[size=4]

i mean if the opponent veilered your dux you can at least make a chidori

brosef

brosef

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • 527 posts

i mean if the opponent veilered your dux you can at least make a chidori

most of the time it would be better to set a couple of traps and otk next turn

GuardianWynn

GuardianWynn

Mistress of the Gusto

• Veteran Members
  • 1,559 posts
    • Time Online: 145d 9h 45m 43s
  • Youtube:/user/andromon
  • Team:Team Elemental Mistress

Different is bad?
I recently tried making this deck too I am using a bit more of an aggro deck I use the gusto grif engine. LV6s alll day long.
I find guarda to be execelent tech.

http://forum.dueling...ustos-a-breeze/
http://forum.dueling...90-gusto-techs/
FAFxP.jpg?1
Elemental Mistress of the Raging Storm, Allow my Blessing to Guide you. Wind_Kanji_Avatar_by_Falln_Avatars.jpg
eXsCc.png

iW0roLY.png?2

Mokey Magic

Mokey Magic

• 18 posts

Different is bad?
I recently tried making this deck too I am using a bit more of an aggro deck I use the gusto grif engine. LV6s alll day long.
I find guarda to be execelent tech.

I play the Griffin build too. It is really good.

lord_ivan

lord_ivan

Honorable Member

• Veteran Members
  • 1,059 posts
    • Time Online: 80d 11h 51m 9s
  • Team:{KORT}

People that posted in here understand this stuff very very well, adding a single copy of Mist Valley Baby Roc can make your second combo to end with REDMD+any Synchro lvl 8+ any Rank 6, now if you add Garuda we could talk about first turn Queen plays, it's a lot better to have a Bounzer instead of an Atum on the first turn, it can stop Fire Fist's effects, Wind-Ups (yeah they are still running since that 1st in Regionals), and many other Monster effects that can easily take down your field, maybe Stardust was a legit protection before but nowadays you need more than a single Stardust Dragon to overcome your opponent.

prplcobra

prplcobra

• 163 posts
    • Time Online: 5d 8h 40m 54s
One thing. VERY nice guide but in combo one at the end of it u said use phalanx and vajrayana to summon vajrayana. I think u meant stardust since u said ill need that anyway

26.jpg

My 10 Commandments:
1. Thou shall read the rulebook. 2. Thou shall hit the Green "Like" Button. 3. Thou shall know thy rulings. 4. Thou shall not be a noob. 5. Thou shall bow before me. 6. Thou shall not troll. 7. Thou shall Rage-Quit. 8. Thou shall not have defy the Judgment of the Dragon 9. Thou shall get owned. 10. Thou shall not defeat me

Mokey Magic

Mokey Magic

• 18 posts

One thing. VERY nice guide but in combo one at the end of it u said use phalanx and vajrayana to summon vajrayana. I think u meant stardust since u said ill need that anyway

Hahaha thanks for pointing that out. Fixed it!

People that posted in here understand this stuff very very well, adding a single copy of Mist Valley Baby Roc can make your second combo to end with REDMD+any Synchro lvl 8+ any Rank 6, now if you add Garuda we could talk about first turn Queen plays, it's a lot better to have a Bounzer instead of an Atum on the first turn, it can stop Fire Fist's effects, Wind-Ups (yeah they are still running since that 1st in Regionals), and many other Monster effects that can easily take down your field, maybe Stardust was a legit protection before but nowadays you need more than a single Stardust Dragon to overcome your opponent.

I'm not running the Roc build. I don't have space in the deck to clog. End of story.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to the Dueling Network Forums!

To sign in, use your duelingnetwork.com account. If you do not have one, register here.