11 replies to this topic

GrandmistressD

GrandmistressD

Queen of Dustons

• Veteran Members
  • 642 posts
    • Time Online: 28d 20h 53m 55s

Posted Image

So this is my current Slifer Deck. However I was wondering if you guys had any tips and/or suggestions for me. Also helping on a good side deck would be great. Do keep in mind that this deck is still about summoning Slifer and keeping him there.

Thanks in advance ^_^

For people who have trouble identifying cards on this image:

Main Deck (40):

Monsters (17):

2x Slifer the Sky Dragon

1x Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon

2x White Dragon Ninja

3x Hardened Armed Dragon

3x Masked Dragon

3x Delta Flyer

3x Totem Dragon

Spells (14):

3x Inferno Reckless Summon

3x Upstart Goblin

2x March of the Monarchs

2x Mist Body

1x Gold Sarcophagus

1x Mind Control

1x Heavy Storm

1x Monster Reborn

Traps (9):

3x Dark Bribe

2x Compulsory Evacuation Device

1x Safe Zone

1x Mirror Force

1x Wall of Revealing Light

1x Solemn Judgment

Side Deck (15):

3x Reckless Greed

3x Rebound

2x Fiendish Chain

2x Call of the Haunted

1x Safe Zone

3x Mystical Space Typhoon

1x Dark Hole

Extra Deck (15):

1x Chimeratech Fortress Dragon

1x Trident Dragon

1x Mist Wurm

1x Scrap Dragon

1x Stardust Dragon

2x Stardust Radiance Dragon

2x Black Rose Dragon

1x Ally of Justice Catastor

1x Lavalval Chain

1x Number 16: Shock Master

1x Number 50: Blackship of Corn

1x Number 17: Leviathan Dragon

1x Number 91: Thunder Spark

Edited by GrandmistressD, 18 March 2013 - 11:22 PM.

GuardianWynn

GuardianWynn

Mistress of the Gusto

• Veteran Members
  • 1,558 posts
    • Time Online: 144d 19h 45m 29s
  • Youtube:/user/andromon
  • Team:Team Elemental Mistress
Seems like some of your cards are doing the same thing, like why order of the empreors if your hoping to tribute it for harden armed dragon anyhow lol. Inferno reckless looks a little off here. The thing I don't like here the most is how do you keep a high hand count?

http://forum.dueling...ustos-a-breeze/
http://forum.dueling...90-gusto-techs/
FAFxP.jpg?1
Elemental Mistress of the Raging Storm, Allow my Blessing to Guide you. Wind_Kanji_Avatar_by_Falln_Avatars.jpg
eXsCc.png

iW0roLY.png?2

GrandmistressD

GrandmistressD

Queen of Dustons

• Veteran Members
  • 642 posts

Seems like some of your cards are doing the same thing, like why order of the empreors if your hoping to tribute it for harden armed dragon anyhow lol. Inferno reckless looks a little off here. The thing I don't like here the most is how do you keep a high hand count?

I'm assuming you mean "March of the Monarchs". Well the reason is that it also prevents targeting; so it's a protection for cards like Compulsory Evac or Dimensional Prison and many monster effects like Mist Wurm's. Inferno Reckless is actually the primary way of summoning. Masked dies -> summons Hardened -> Inferno -> Slifer. Works also with Totem's effect and Monster Reborn.

Bloody Kiss

Bloody Kiss

Nico di Angelo

• Veteran Members
  • 1,859 posts
    • Time Online: 1d 18h 38m 59s
  • Team:[DDD] D.D.D.
Indeed, this looks like it could barely summon out Slifer and that's that. Slifer needs a big hand or it'll just be a weak card. I think I'd like Cardcard D in here. More draw cards in general.

Sux2bu.

tumblr_static_e90ixken4tssgckgcg0skg0gs.

ds2_by_darkneji12-d84thhx.png

GuardianWynn

GuardianWynn

Mistress of the Gusto

• Veteran Members
  • 1,558 posts

I'm assuming you mean "March of the Monarchs". Well the reason is that it also prevents targeting; so it's a protection for cards like Compulsory Evac or Dimensional Prison and many monster effects like Mist Wurm's. Inferno Reckless is actually the primary way of summoning. Masked dies -> summons Hardened -> Inferno -> Slifer. Works also with Totem's effect and Monster Reborn.

lol yeah but you got soo much protection coming from different directins it seems like you won't have much of it at the right moments or it attack will be low. Also might help if you know the ruling you can't inferno reckless to the monster mask summons. looks nice but can't lol. So main question though how does slifer keep a decent attack?

FAFxP.jpg?1
Elemental Mistress of the Raging Storm, Allow my Blessing to Guide you. Wind_Kanji_Avatar_by_Falln_Avatars.jpg
eXsCc.png

iW0roLY.png?2

GrandmistressD

GrandmistressD

Queen of Dustons

• Veteran Members
  • 642 posts

lol yeah but you got soo much protection coming from different directins it seems like you won't have much of it at the right moments or it attack will be low. Also might help if you know the ruling you can't inferno reckless to the monster mask summons. looks nice but can't lol. So main question though how does slifer keep a decent attack?

Used to run reckless greed but tossed it on the side for now. And why wouldn't I be able to use inferno reckless on masked's summon?

GuardianWynn

GuardianWynn

Mistress of the Gusto

• Veteran Members
  • 1,558 posts

Used to run reckless greed but tossed it on the side for now. And why wouldn't I be able to use inferno reckless on masked's summon?

Cuz it is damage step, in damage step no cards can be used besides cards that modify attack and defense, or counter traps or certain effect monster such as stardust/shi en and such. Well you used to use reckless greed but what kind of concepts are you trying to use now? Just naturally having enough for slifer to be a threat?

FAFxP.jpg?1
eXsCc.png

iW0roLY.png?2

GrandmistressD

GrandmistressD

Queen of Dustons

• Veteran Members
  • 642 posts

Cuz it is damage step, in damage step no cards can be used besides cards that modify attack and defense, or counter traps or certain effect monster such as stardust/shi en and such. Well you used to use reckless greed but what kind of concepts are you trying to use now? Just naturally having enough for slifer to be a threat?

Thanks so far I'd been ignoring that rule then and apparently no one knows about it since everyone was fine with me doing it lol. thanks again. Personally, I try to get slifer on the field and let him destroy enemy monsters. Once I have him I try to play conservative in terms of cards. White Dragon Ninja and March of the Monarchs should keep Slifer safe.

ResistenceXD0001

ResistenceXD0001

Honorable Member

• 788 posts
    • Time Online: 10d 14h 21m 4s
  • Location:(Girls Read): Your Dreams ........ (Guys Read): Your Girlfreinds dreams
For a slifer deck I recommend a Frog engine.......

can you beat 40 solemn judgments and 20 mirror forces?
oh and there is the nagging 40 honest deck

ResistenceXD0001: Making idiots everywhere realize how smart they really are (Since DeathBlade Left)
Posted Image Posted Image

GuardianWynn

GuardianWynn

Mistress of the Gusto

• Veteran Members
  • 1,558 posts

Thanks so far I'd been ignoring that rule then and apparently no one knows about it since everyone was fine with me doing it lol. thanks again. Personally, I try to get slifer on the field and let him destroy enemy monsters. Once I have him I try to play conservative in terms of cards. White Dragon Ninja and March of the Monarchs should keep Slifer safe.

Yeah the possible locking combo here is there and nice but to me it seems to be an issue of consistnacy, you have pretty much 1 epic play from what I can see but if we duel what happens if you don't get that epic play? I am much more found of decks that practice more problem solving then focus on one play cuz while true that plays is practically unbelievable what happens when it doesn't happen. But for actually info want to duel, I could see you try and make your plays :D

FAFxP.jpg?1
eXsCc.png

iW0roLY.png?2

GrandmistressD

GrandmistressD

Queen of Dustons

• Veteran Members
  • 642 posts

Yeah the possible locking combo here is there and nice but to me it seems to be an issue of consistnacy, you have pretty much 1 epic play from what I can see but if we duel what happens if you don't get that epic play? I am much more found of decks that practice more problem solving then focus on one play cuz while true that plays is practically unbelievable what happens when it doesn't happen. But for actually info want to duel, I could see you try and make your plays :D

Pulling off Dragon Ninja + March/Mist is actually very consistent due to the nature of Totem Dragon. Additionally, I think a deck that would revolve around summoning an Egyptian god is a deck that focusses on a powerful play.

GuardianWynn

GuardianWynn

Mistress of the Gusto

• Veteran Members
  • 1,558 posts

Pulling off Dragon Ninja + March/Mist is actually very consistent due to the nature of Totem Dragon. Additionally, I think a deck that would revolve around summoning an Egyptian god is a deck that focusses on a powerful play.

I would be glad to duel you to see that. White dragon + march=good play I can believe that but = consistant play? That is a tad harder, I mean if I call the plaay I cam mst you playing march, or you could maybe not draw the pieces needed very fast. there are weaknesses to the play. Plus I can still kill it in battle lol :D. but a strong play I can agree with that. Well yeah a god deck should have strong plays but that doesn't mean it can't also more then 1/2 plays lol

FAFxP.jpg?1
eXsCc.png

iW0roLY.png?2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to the Dueling Network Forums!

To sign in, use your duelingnetwork.com account. If you do not have one, register here.