• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

gaddster030198

gaddster030198

• 2 posts
    • Time Online: 2h 6m 16s
Hello, i am here to show you my 3 axis fire fist deck that i plan to run when the meta is prophecy's and elemental dragons. I feel this deck will be the underated deck of the format. It has been performing really well against both decks and other decks that will be popular in that meta, mainly verz the mirror, mermail (undine and mono) and constellar. I am not looking for drastic changes as i have tested ratios of specific cards quite a lot, but am looking to see if anyone can notice any weaknesses that can be patched up, and to help me fill the last 2 cards in my side deck.

Anyway on to the deck:

Posted Image(ironic that it is on dev pro lol)

I run the standard 3 panther 3 spirit and 2 chicken and it is very good, chicken can be a bit of dead draw even with blaster and yoko i always wish it was something else so 2 is the prefect number. Panther has been so amazing, it adds ridiculous consistency to an already consistent deck.

Next only 2 bears, this is because i can recycle them with cardinal commander, lion and M7 very easily, they are also searched pretty easily too.

No gorilla which some of you may find strange, i will explain this later.

1 boar , this card is actually ridiculous in some matchups, just the fact it is a tuner and with wolfberk and it in the grave or tensu and a level 4, etc etc it makes crimson blader who wins so many games for me. I chose to main it to improve game 1 chances against elemental dragons and free up side deck space.

1 bull, some people think it is meh and it's cost is too steep, but it helps a lot, whether to make shock master, or cardinal (if cardinal didn't need 2 bro fists then i would use 2 wolfbek instead) who by teh way is utterly ridiculous. Shock wins the elemental dragon and prophecy match-up and others too.

No dragon as i have tried using the traps and the only one i'd consider is tenken but that negating the mosnters effect, and only my main phase 1 really hurts it. Tensen is better for 4 axis control builds. Bull can also set up the instant xyz but from grave so is less easily stopped and can do it multiple times a duel with just copy, which makes him great discard fodder.

1 Wolfberk, mainly becuase extra deck space is really tight and it can be searched from deck or grave easily.

2 Blaster, extra destruction and helps me to finish duels quicker. This is may not sound much but every turn elemental dragons have the worse. using blaster to discard chicken/panther/bull/boar to combo is also pretty nice.

3 veiler, i think will be a staple next format.

3 tenki, no need to explain

2 tensu, with 3 panther 2 chicken, 2 bear tiger king etc it is really easily searched. Recyled easily too. 3 makes first turn horse more consistent but drawing multiples can really suck.

3 Gyoko, this is the reason why i don't run gorilla, even though gyoko -> gorilla pop is pretty pro. I actually prefer keeping the card on the field. Stops gorz and deters people from using mst on my backrow or heavy sometimes. Also being a FF is very nice. I often like to search this out even when they have no backrow as it either stops people from setting the 1-2 backrow they have, or risk being punsihed by storm.

2 yoko, extra destruction, searching it out makes the opponent think about what they do next turn. The discard can be a bit hefty but i after i have used a panther to set up the rest are dead, and there's also bull boar and chicken.

Heavy, Storm, and Hole, staples

2 Lance i prefer to mst as it has a bit more utility in the coming format e.g beating over ophion and helps bear a lot. Extra spell/trap protection is very nice too.

Solemn J, 2 Bottomless, 2 T Trib are all staples

2 Dimensional Prison, i prefer to banish dragossac than to let them summon it again. i find it to be very useful against tiras and the like. I think it helps against rogue matches as well.

2 breakthrough skill, extra negation can be very helpful, and this card has saved my ***** against LADD so much, this replaced CED even though i miss it BTS has proven to be amazing.

No warning, 2000 is quite a lot, when it was at 2 you drew it early game more often but i really hate dead drawing it. 2000 also makes your games against elemental dragons a lot harder as they can otk you very easily.

2 Tsukyomi, beating over ophion and draining LADD mainly, but it has other uses.

3 EEV, using instead of mst as it hit's prophecy's hard, i was running droll and lock as well, but you need to side 3 of them and it doesn't hit other match-ups. So i dropped them and bumped this to 3

2 Soul and 2 Mental Drain, mainly for elemental dragons, mind is better early game, and against prophecy, soul is good middle game against e drags and for dw and mermail.

2 Mind crush, everything searches, might bump this to 3

2 Mischief of the Yokai, this literally shuts down e drags, and it really disrupts the opponent. You want to make catastor with that diva? oh what a shame... etc.

I need 2 more slots so any suggestions i can struggle a little with stall decks so i am thinking 1-2 DDV but am not sure.

I am going to test boar to side and 1 BTS for 1 or 2 gorilla.

Edited by gaddster030198, 24 March 2013 - 11:38 AM.

Ratskin

Ratskin

Elite Member

• Veteran Members
  • 2,585 posts
    • Time Online: 124d 21h 30m 45s
But Veiler is bad next format.... And Sacred are the underestimated deck of the format, not these guys.

Seriously, it is. It's probably the 3rd best generic effect negator, after Fiendish and Breakthrough. And you do not need 5 effect negators, because it will clog. 3 Chain works better than the 5 you have, because Chain can then pin down a target to get Bear'd.

Blaster should be run at 3, since it's best use is in it's popping effect, letting you set up Spirit, and clear out Ophion. And if you are running Blaster in this, Burner it's chibi is amazing, for the reason that it deck thngs and gives you the grave set up. 3 Blaster, and 2 Burner is an effective way to run it.

I also think you have way to many Fire Formations, you only need around 7, 3 Tenki, 2 Tensu, 1 Tensen, and 1 Tenken. Any other amount means the deck thinning that makes Fire Fists so good is nowhere near as reliable. Blaster/bear already does the popping of yoko (Not to mention there pops are harder to stop, given lances are all the range), and the other one just seems bad.

2 Wolfberk is a near must, because whilst it is searchable/recyclable, it's an instant Soko or Shock Master with Tensu.

I can't believe I'm recomending this, but 3 Gold Sarc. The idea behind it is, not only can you search off of Banishing a Blaster, but by banishing any combo piece in the deck, instead of Synching with spirit you go Leviar and fetch it. If you banish Wolfberk, you can then make Soko, or any other of a huge number of plays.

Boar is new, and whilst I'm not to keen on it, if Blader does win as many games as you say, it's worthwhile as a tech.

D-prison is not needed, it might help you against Drago-SAC, but virtually everything else this format laughs around it. You have to kill on summon, or it's generally not good enough spellwise.

Extra line-up with these changes should roughly be:
1 Volcan
2 Horse Prince
1 Sirus
1 Tempentempo
1 Leviar
1 Lion Emperor
1 Gunman
1 Cardinal Commander
1 Dire Wolf
1 Corn
2 Soko
1 Shock Master
1 Big Eye.

You might think everything I've said is crazy, but it can consitently make Big Eye, Leviar, Lion Emperor, Tiger King, and bear turn 2 on a consitent basis when it needs to. If you want a what to minus what to add thingy, ask.

Also in the side, whilst you've said how it takes up 3 spaces, if Spellboks go first, without it, the match becomes such a hard thing to win. And Mischief doesn't stop the Incarnates from running over you, something like Lance for the Mirror would work better methinks.

2r68WSt.png

The Joker will Lock all....

Thanks to someone from CGC.

K@L0N

K@L0N

Hattless

• Veteran Members
  • 555 posts
    • Time Online: 8d 21h 29m 20s
  • Team:[STZ] Team Suzaku
Whats that card after Tenki?

TinyGengarleftAVTR-1.png HATTLESS TinyGengarrightAVTR-1.png

gaddster030198

gaddster030198

• 2 posts
    • Time Online: 2h 6m 16s
yoko, discard a beast warrior to destroy 1 face-up card on the field.

But Veiler is bad next format.... And Sacred are the underestimated deck of the format, not these guys.

Seriously, it is. It's probably the 3rd best generic effect negator, after Fiendish and Breakthrough. And you do not need 5 effect negators, because it will clog. 3 Chain works better than the 5 you have, because Chain can then pin down a target to get Bear'd.

Blaster should be run at 3, since it's best use is in it's popping effect, letting you set up Spirit, and clear out Ophion. And if you are running Blaster in this, Burner it's chibi is amazing, for the reason that it deck thngs and gives you the grave set up. 3 Blaster, and 2 Burner is an effective way to run it.

I also think you have way to many Fire Formations, you only need around 7, 3 Tenki, 2 Tensu, 1 Tensen, and 1 Tenken. Any other amount means the deck thinning that makes Fire Fists so good is nowhere near as reliable. Blaster/bear already does the popping of yoko (Not to mention there pops are harder to stop, given lances are all the range), and the other one just seems bad.

2 Wolfberk is a near must, because whilst it is searchable/recyclable, it's an instant Soko or Shock Master with Tensu.

I can't believe I'm recomending this, but 3 Gold Sarc. The idea behind it is, not only can you search off of Banishing a Blaster, but by banishing any combo piece in the deck, instead of Synching with spirit you go Leviar and fetch it. If you banish Wolfberk, you can then make Soko, or any other of a huge number of plays.

Boar is new, and whilst I'm not to keen on it, if Blader does win as many games as you say, it's worthwhile as a tech.

D-prison is not needed, it might help you against Drago-SAC, but virtually everything else this format laughs around it. You have to kill on summon, or it's generally not good enough spellwise.

Extra line-up with these changes should roughly be:
1 Volcan
2 Horse Prince
1 Sirus
1 Tempentempo
1 Leviar
1 Lion Emperor
1 Gunman
1 Cardinal Commander
1 Dire Wolf
1 Corn
2 Soko
1 Shock Master
1 Big Eye.

You might think everything I've said is crazy, but it can consitently make Big Eye, Leviar, Lion Emperor, Tiger King, and bear turn 2 on a consitent basis when it needs to. If you want a what to minus what to add thingy, ask.

Also in the side, whilst you've said how it takes up 3 spaces, if Spellboks go first, without it, the match becomes such a hard thing to win. And Mischief doesn't stop the Incarnates from running over you, something like Lance for the Mirror would work better methinks.

i'm not sure how veiler is bad, it stops first turn dragossac plays and is harder to stop than breakthrough or chain. I have sided the second BTS though as it is not always as good as veiler in various match-ups.

Gyokko is actually one of the best cards in the deck i am finding.

I will test this http://imgur.com/JwqWrrH and see if i prefer it. Gold sarc and the chibi's do not seem to appealing, i probably will test the chibis though but gold sarc is jsut bad imo.

Edited by gaddster030198, 24 March 2013 - 12:37 PM.

Ratskin

Ratskin

Elite Member

• Veteran Members
  • 2,585 posts
    • Time Online: 124d 21h 30m 45s

yoko, discard a beast warrior to destroy 1 face-up card on the field.

i'm not sure how veiler is bad, it stops first turn dragossac plays and is harder to stop than breakthrough or chain. I have sided the second BTS though as it is not always as good as veiler in various match-ups.

Gyokko is actually one of the best cards in the deck i am finding.

Gyokko is great when you run into backrow, but Icarnates don't care for it, spellbooks can do the same rule exploitation that there is for Night Beam, Verz it hurts, but unless you are getting rid of Ophion is doesn't matter. And Sacred just work around it with Pleiades. Because he works around everything. So out of the other 4 meta decks, it's only good in 1 of the matches, which means it's sideable at best.

Veiler is bad because it's a format where you stuff if just as likely to get run over as it is to be killed by effects. It pins bear, Big Eye, Drago-SAC, and any of the other Dragons better than Vieler does. It stops Junon or at the very least forces a wisdom out of them, and it's better in the Verz match, because once that Lance wears off, Ophion is stuck again.

This isn't a format where unless you stop a certain monster effect you lose practically instantly, and hence Vieler isn't as good.

2r68WSt.png

The Joker will Lock all....

Thanks to someone from CGC.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 3 axis, fire fist, underated deck, ocg, chicken, panther, yugioh, some more useless tags XD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to the Dueling Network Forums!

To sign in, use your duelingnetwork.com account. If you do not have one, register here.