5 replies to this topic

TheGimmick

TheGimmick

Dragon's Den Keeper

• In-game Administrator
  • 2,342 posts
    • Time Online: 178d 23h 10m 8s
  • Team:I am a one-man show.
Hey guys, I got a question on a ruling that came up in a pervious duel.

I attempted to look it up, but it never was mentioned (as far as I looked up to anyways)

I used the effect of Phantom of Chaos to copy Sky Scourge Norleras, then paid 1000 to use Norleras's effect.

My opponent had a burning kuckler leadblow on the field with glassjaw as one of its overlay units, and no copies of glassjaw in his hand.

If I send Leadblow to the graveyard while it has glassjaw as an overlay unit, would my opponent get Glassjaw's effect? If yes or no, does this work in the same perspective if Leadblow is banished?

I argued yes (meant no, sorry) as Glassjaw was sent to the graveyard by a game mechanic, and not an effect of a card, since Norleras only sends cards on the field and hand to the grave, and an overlay unit is not ruled "on the field."

If incorrect, I would love to know the fault behind what I said.

Edited by TheGimmick, 29 March 2013 - 02:26 PM.

Click on a Card to Learn About the Archetype they are in!

ShcPAG3.jpghWS5lPF.pngNP4er2Z.pngqA5W3s1.png

! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! %1

! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! %1

DN's Quasar Pimp

• 543 posts
    • Time Online: 19d 18h 48m 23s
  • Team:Captain [TSR] Team Sould Riding
yes its like dandylion plus its leadblow detatch afect that sends it

Edited by ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! %1, 29 March 2013 - 01:59 PM.

FITsLHA.png

idbpCnv.png

Cozer

Cozer

Vivildly Dysfunctional

• Veteran Members
  • 693 posts
    • Time Online: 41d 14h 32m 4s
  • Team:PSCT Man Of The DOLLARS [DLLR]

yes its like dandylion plus its leadblow detatch afect that sends it

Except has to be sent by an effect.

Edited by Cozer, 29 March 2013 - 02:14 PM.

You´╗┐ mean the International Justice League of Super Acquaintances?

hmn6jNl.png

Kyonaru

Kyonaru

"Persona!"

• Veteran Members
  • 882 posts
    • Time Online: 118d 24m 30s
  • Team:None

Nothing like Dandylion; Dandy has a mandatory effect and has to be sent from field to grave, also it doesnt gain its effect from being detached as a material like Glassjaw can.

Dandylion desn't have to be sent from the field to the grave and it DOES get it's effect if detached as an Xyz material. o_O

As for Glassjaw, it will gain it's effect only if detached for Leadblow's effect, but since Leadblow cannot use it's effect (as nothing is being destroyed), it will just be sent to the graveyard, and it's effect will not activate.

I might be wrong since I'm not that good with OCG rulings, so don't take my answer as a definitive one. Can a Ruling Guru please confirm this?

poke1.png

genexwrecker

genexwrecker

The dnf suggestion Professional

• Veteran Members
  • 7,761 posts
    • Time Online: 219d 2h 19m 7s

Dandylion desn't have to be sent from the field to the grave and it DOES get it's effect if detached as an Xyz material. o_O

As for Glassjaw, it will gain it's effect only if detached for Leadblow's effect, but since Leadblow cannot use it's effect (as nothing is being destroyed), it will just be sent to the graveyard, and it's effect will not activate.

if lead blow is sent to hte grave then the materials are sent to the grave by game mechanics.

glass jaw will not get its effect.

if leadblow is being destroyed an detatches to save itself then yes glassjaw gets effect.

Did i read Dandylion wrong? O: oh well, i blame England spring somehow.

yes

Edited by genexwrecker, 29 March 2013 - 02:27 PM.

73fz.png

cDmiCbn.png

yU6bUjL.png

ItyCqOB.png

If you want to know if a suggestion has been accepted or denied before and it is not in dets heard it before topic feel free to ask me on my profile feed. I know the most about the suggestions and what has been accepted,denied,and suggested in the past.(aka I am a nerd in that section)

TheGimmick

TheGimmick

Dragon's Den Keeper

• In-game Administrator
  • 2,342 posts
    • Time Online: 178d 23h 10m 8s
  • Team:I am a one-man show.
Right, just what I thought. At least it did not affect the game (he quit next turn when he summoned switch-hitter, brought back glass-jaw, and tried to summon Diamond Dire Wolf (> -_-)> )

Thank you gents, and now I feel educated.

Click on a Card to Learn About the Archetype they are in!

ShcPAG3.jpghWS5lPF.pngNP4er2Z.pngqA5W3s1.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Norleras, Glassjaw, Overlay Unit, Leadblow, Sent to grave

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to the Dueling Network Forums!

To sign in, use your duelingnetwork.com account. If you do not have one, register here.