Dueling Network *Forums* App

Dueling Network Dueling Network App iOS Adroid iPhone Apple

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Raizu

Raizu

• 76 posts
    • Time Online: 2d 4h 40m 47s
While I realize that the many different mechanics and cards could never realistically be put into an app by anything short of a billion dollar company (or some other organization with lots of employees and time), I feel like an app where the user could get onto the Dueling Network forums would be much easier to implement.

Very little would have to be reconfigured, and the only thing that would necessarily have to change is the keyboard interface and some of the links and how they're done. Even if it was a 99 cent app instead of free, it would rake in some income for Dueling Network outside of the few ads that they currently have and allow them to continue operating reliably.

Beside the fact that there are obviously significantly fewer technical difficulties and fewer formatting issues and etc., I feel that it would significantly increase the membership of the forum community as well. As it is, I feel that we have much larger numbers of Dueling Network members than we have on the forums (obviously), but giving an easy-access Dueling Network app that gives users the advantage of having access to Dueling Network on the go would convince many to join the forums.

I leave the technical details to administration, and if this is impossible or improbable then I understand. I just feel that it would be a good way for Dueling Network to sustain its financial base, to increase forum membership, and to increase overall enjoyment of the website by giving YuGiOh players access to updates and news on the go (which would be incorporated into the same app, even if they weren't just checking the forums - the option to be updated when your forum is posted on, when new cards are added, when favorited forums are posted on, etc.) for a minimum amount of time and effort when comparing this to adding a Dueling Network all-encompassing app.

Also, think of the advertising benefits: there are probably thousands, pessimistically, who don't know about Dueling Network or who are casual duelers who have no idea Dueling Network exists, how to get to it, or even players looking to get started who are simply interested in YuGiOh. Making it highly searchable under Card Games and YuGiOh would lead those searching for apps like that (and thus, those who are interested in learning the game) to this website, where they would join and increase the ever-growing player base.

Edited by Raizu, 31 March 2013 - 09:23 PM.

hidan998

hidan998

~Simple And Clean~

• Veteran Members
  • 1,140 posts
    • Time Online: 138d 9h 49m 57s
  • Team:None
if this is gonna work, it might be only for the android shop..because with ipods and iphones if you go to safari you can bookmark the forums and/or make a shortcut from your home screen.

leblanc__the_deceiver__signature_by_embe

official_kitty_of_dnf_userbar_by_zoisite

TheClownPrince: lol he didnt even beat me

TheClownPrince: how do you determine one's suitability in not even a full game

sagax06: you were running a 14 card extra deck dude.

! ! ! ! ! ! !Citrine

! ! ! ! ! ! !Citrine

• 7 posts
    • Time Online: 4h 33m 35s
Ip.Board forums all have a Mobile Version of sites.

It works the same.

If you're using an I Device Bookmark DNF and place it on your homescreen thus making a makeshift DNF app.

Raizu

Raizu

• 76 posts
^ Yeah, but when you go there from Safari the controls are optimized for computer use. Making it easier to handle (one scroll-down screen, a few added controls, etc.) would be really useful for those experienced members who want to use it on the go. Not to mention the hordes of new people that don't know about this website that would find it on the app store by searching for it (which is far more likely than people searching for Dueling Network as a site).

Keep in mind if you're also thinking about expanding the DN player base, there are a lot more people who are browsing the app store for "fun card games to play" than there are the internet. I feel like it would increase the number of casual players dramatically and people who don't know about the site (people who go to casual tournaments that have never heard of Dueling Network mostly, and new people at home who have cards but have never been able to enter tournaments and the like before).

Edited by Raizu, 31 March 2013 - 09:28 PM.

FluffyGrenades

FluffyGrenades

why hello there

• Retired Staff
  • 814 posts
    • Time Online: 117d 12h 50m 14s
We have a mobile version of the site that you can access via your web browser, there is no purpose to spend the money on app store licenses to release an app.

If you want optimized controls, just use the version of the forums that is designed for mobile usage.

Doge.+Doge+is+love+Doge+is+life_3c2383_4

If you are a Christian and not afraid to admit it, copy and paste this in your sig! God FTW!

The Detonator

The Detonator

DN's Machine

• Administrator
  • 2,997 posts
    • Time Online: 81d 11h 50m 46s
There is an iPhone app you can download and synch up with Dueling Network Forums to receive push notifications etc. on your iPhone. The app is called "IPB Buddy"

https://itunes.apple...d458328962?mt=8
I haven't tried it for myself but you can give it a shot.

Currently one does not exist for android.

Push to test, release to detonate.

Raizu

Raizu

• 76 posts
^ OK, I have an android and did not realize that. I still feel that having a personal app for Dueling Network would increase the player base (people would search for things like "fun card game" and stuff like that), but other than that that's fine. Thanks!

Edited by Raizu, 31 March 2013 - 09:33 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Dueling, Network, Dueling Network, App, iOS, Adroid, iPhone, Apple

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to the Dueling Network Forums!

To sign in, use your duelingnetwork.com account. If you do not have one, register here.