Photo

ally of justice catastor vs. xyz zenmaines

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

x_duelist

x_duelist

I was dueling against someone and something really mind-boggling just happened for me. The opponent has Ally of Justice Catastor on his side, and on my side I have Wind-Up Zenmaines in defense position with both of its Xyz Materials still attached. The opponent used Catastor to attack my Zenmaines in his battle phase.

Ally of Justice Catastor:
If this card battles a non-DARK monster, destroy that monster without applying damage calculation

Wind-Up Zenmaines:
If this face-up card on the field would be destroyed, you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card instead. Once per turn, during the End Phase, if this effect was used this turn: Target 1 card on the field; destroy it.

See, this is what I don't understand, Catastor attacked my FIRE element monster, so by Catastor's effect my monster is to be destroyed, but I activate its effect to prevent its destruction and yet I can't do that? Why?

Zenmaines clearly stated that "if this card on the field would be destroyed" so by those words I should be able to prevent this card's destruction, whether the destruction be from an effect of an effect monster, spell or trap cards, provided if I still have the Zyx Materials is it not right?

This was copied from another forum, but because the responses were mixed and the same thing happened to me i want other ops.

Arabs N Scarabs

Arabs N Scarabs

You can detach 1 material to stop catastor from destroying zenmanes then the battle goes through and you can detach another material to stop zenmaines from being destroyed by battle.

Asherpotter

Asherpotter

Honorable Member

Arabs is correct.

Arabs N Scarabs

Arabs N Scarabs

Asherpotter raising his post count since 93

Releane

Releane

Ace of the Black Knights

• Team:[NROC] Neo Reapers of Chronos

Asherpotter raising his post count since 93

Yet he still has more than you :P

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
[5:59:41 PM] Asher : You are annoying

Best GFX Artist DNF 2012,2013

Arabs N Scarabs

Arabs N Scarabs

Yet he still has more than you :P

Eyyyyy

x_duelist

x_duelist

thats what i thought but he quit rather than wait for admin.

hiruma45

hiruma45

• Team:Black Knights

zenmaines detaches 2 xyz materials

Posted Image

Shin...

I'll keep believing till i find it

Goddess

Goddess

美の女神!

Solved and Locked.

Under Construction...

Goddess has a 0 capture rate. She can only be befriended, no pokeball can catch her.

Welcome to the Dueling Network Forums!

To sign in, use your duelingnetwork.com account. If you do not have one, register here.