6 replies to this topic

LDMASTER14

LDMASTER14

Ophion's Master

• Veteran Members
  • 1,737 posts
    • Time Online: 90d 6h 38m 40s
I know this is probably very obvious and I look like an idiot for asking XD

but can thunder king negate the summon of an elemental dragon from the hand or graveyard? There is just cases where I think it can but It can't because Konami likes to make weird ***** rulings (thunder king vs priestess for example lol)

wolfiejim

wolfiejim

On mad suicide watch no lie

• Veteran Members
  • 4,280 posts
    • Time Online: 304d 13h 55m 37s
no it cannot, since it can only negate inherit summons. E dragons summon by card effect. use your T king on the big-eye or the dragossack.

wolfiejim don't take no guff from no one and asks the hard hitting questions.

From one perspective, heterosexuality is limiting yourself of potential sexual/life partners. So, if one defined life only by the amount of pleasure they could endure in it, it could be seen as irrational.From another perspective, you're talking to a god damned wolf.

Also, 3 Soul is the correct number to run. If you were to draw it and you can't combo off, you wouldn't have combo'd off anyways.

LDMASTER14

LDMASTER14

Ophion's Master

• Veteran Members
  • 1,737 posts
the thing is how are elemental dragons not an inherit summon? And of course I know not to use it on the actual dragon, I was just using tempest dragunitys and I really didn't have a way out (they had a t-king 3000 barbaros on the field) and a tempest in the grave

Edited by LDMASTER14, 15 April 2013 - 11:53 AM.

Argor42

Argor42

Unapologetic Clannad Fanboy

• War Adjudicator
  • 1,837 posts
    • Time Online: 159d 23h 25m 13s
  • Team:[SABY] Shadows of the Abyss

the thing is how are elemental dragons not an inherit summon?

Because PSCT. Note that their Special Summon effects banish for a cost, as indicated by the semicolon. Priestess is the same way, where revealing is done for a cost. These indicate that it is an Ignition Effect, and those start chains.

Senior Administrator | Tournament Organizer | War Adjudicator

argorsig_by_releane028-d7mt8cp.png

72MnO1z.png
Credit to Releane for these sigs

argor42_userbar_by_zoisitesarugaki-d7i91
something_looks_yummy__userbar_by_zoisit
Credit to Zoisite for these userbars

Li Kit Chun

Li Kit Chun

• 240 posts
    • Time Online: 16d 15h 24m 39s
  • Facebook:www.facebook.com/iamlishun
TKR doesnt negate special summons which start chains.

Posted Image

! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! MS

! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! MS

// ~Paranoia y Soledad~ //

• Veteran Members
  • 1,689 posts
    • Time Online: 146d 16h 54m 50s
  • Team:[ARP] Arpeggio

the thing is how are elemental dragons not an inherit summon? And of course I know not to use it on the actual dragon, I was just using tempest dragunitys and I really didn't have a way out (they had a t-king 3000 barbaros on the field) and a tempest in the grave

Blaster, Elemental Dragon of Calderas
You can banish 2 Dragon-Type and/or FIRE monsters from your hand or Graveyard, except this card; Special Summon this card from your hand or Graveyard. During your opponent's End Phase, if this card was Special Summoned: Return it to the hand. You can discard this card and 1 other FIRE monster to the Graveyard to target 1 card on the field; destroy that target. If this card is banished: You can add 1 FIRE Dragon-Type monster from your Deck to your hand. You can only use 1 "Blaster, Elemental Dragon of Calderas" effect per turn, and only once that turn.

"Effects that starts a Chain always have a colon or semicolon. The activation of a Spell and Trap Cardalways starts a Chain.[6]"
http://yugioh.wikia....lving_Card_Text

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The effects of "Thunder King Rai-Oh", "Black Horn of Heaven", "Solemn Judgment", and similar cards can only be activated when a monster Special Summons itself without starting a Chain, such as when a Special Summon monster Special Summons itself.[2]"
http://yugioh.wikia....der_King_Rai-Oh

So, you can't.

LDMASTER14

LDMASTER14

Ophion's Master

• Veteran Members
  • 1,737 posts
arlight thanks for clearing that up guys

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to the Dueling Network Forums!

To sign in, use your duelingnetwork.com account. If you do not have one, register here.