Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • 696 posts
    • Time Online: 87d 7h 43m 18s
http://yugioh.wikia....n's_Soul_Castle
Posted Image

Effect updated as of may 5th.

continuous trap card:
Once per turn: You can banish 1 Dragon-Type monster from your Graveyard, then target 1 monster you control; it gains 700 ATK until the End Phase. When this face-up card is sent from the field to the Graveyard: You can target 1 of your banished Dragon-Type monsters; Special Summon it. You can only control 1 face-up "Dragon's Soul Castle".

It's still early on in the translation process so the effect could change in time. i saw some sites list it as losing 700 atk. sounds mike a basic way to use maiden's effect while possibly splicing in contentious spell/trap cards for plays.

sounds really promising for dragon ninja', since they can use magic planter to send a continuous trap to the grave to draw 2 cards.

Edited by zekana, 10 May 2013 - 04:24 PM.

I have a coupon for 75% OFF Stacking on steam (game is normally $10 so you'll only pay roughly $2.50.  message me here or on steam if you're interested.  coupon expires at the end of march

steam account:  http://steamcommunity.com/id/zekana/

youmuvidjagamesnostalgia2801yearolder_zp

theamatuer

theamatuer

lawyering pro

• Veteran Members
  • 2,509 posts
    • Time Online: 129d 20h 50m 48s
  • Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/albert.zhou1
  • Team:TLCK
I dont think you realize how potent this card is.
A. triggers maiden effect, SS a blue eyes
B. MST bait, SS a blue eyes or a RDMD.
C. 700 atk boost.
Srsly with mausoleum, this can make a blue-eyes deck legit, not to mention its perfectly runnable in any other dragon deck

Vehement Bujin User since thier reveal

FOR THE GLORY OF SATAN CLAUS

team The Last Crimson Knights [TLCK] is recruiting.  Apply here!

http://forum.dueling...lk-to-the-hand/  Fear the hand control

wolfiejim

wolfiejim

on mad suicide watch no lie

• Veteran Members
  • 4,114 posts
    • Time Online: 265d 21h 53m 52s
I guess this is good. The deck needs ways to get maiden honestly

wolfiejim don't take no guff from no one and asks the hard hitting questions.

From one perspective, heterosexuality is limiting yourself of potential sexual/life partners. So, if one defined life only by the amount of pleasure they could endure in it, it could be seen as irrational.From another perspective, you're talking to a god damned wolf.

"I feast on drama. Suffering is my crack. Humiliation for others my bread and butter"

I love you Mary Brightwood, would you do me the honors of being my waifu?

theamatuer

theamatuer

lawyering pro

• Veteran Members
  • 2,509 posts

It is good. First of all, the attack boost is permanent, so a monster you have can gain 1400 by your opponents turn which basically allows any monster you run to get over anything. And as its once per turn, you can constantly trigger maiden's effect, to get a blue eyes every turn. And if your opponent mst's it, you get another monster.Only weakness with this card is the possible lack of monsters, but that is overcome via mausoleum

Geminia999

Geminia999

Ocean Dragon Lord

• Veteran Members
  • 5,694 posts
    • Time Online: 241d 19h 3m 4s
  • Team:Who needs one
Best use I got so far is with the whole banish hieratic/Lightray deck. I mean get a super mill for vanillas for sutekh and this with ashes allows for instantly recycling as well. I will have to go back to that idea now I think. Also boost is nice since it's permanent and since it can target non dragons that is also a boost for extra deck monsters and the such.

DbOfRaW.jpg

zekana

zekana

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • 696 posts
    • Time Online: 87d 7h 43m 18s
I knew about the maiden triggering effect but i didn't realize this was a once a turn. I can see this easily being a staple for dragon decks. possibly not E dragons since they don't really need banishment stuff but in chaos dragons, it sounds really good.

I have a coupon for 75% OFF Stacking on steam (game is normally $10 so you'll only pay roughly $2.50.  message me here or on steam if you're interested.  coupon expires at the end of march

steam account:  http://steamcommunity.com/id/zekana/

youmuvidjagamesnostalgia2801yearolder_zp

Geminia999

Geminia999

Ocean Dragon Lord

• Veteran Members
  • 5,694 posts
Well wiki has the eff as until the EP. Eh, still decent and kinda acts like a phantom horn except for any one monster.

DbOfRaW.jpg

infernitymage

infernitymage

Twisted steel and sex appeal

• Veteran Members
  • 2,888 posts
    • Time Online: 85d 22h 38m 5s

spellbook judgement + secrets for search power/judgement effect during end phase, +power for targeting maiden/judgement ep effect.

I want to like this card, but it just seems wrong for some reason, like it's too slow, but it's still pretty cool. also, I'm thinking that that's legendary white dragon in the top left judging from it's long flowing thor-locks

Trade thread ->http://forum.dueling...ome-in-and-see/ <- Trade thread

Posted Image

windumupforu

windumupforu

Elite Member

• Veteran Members
  • 1,505 posts
    • Time Online: 42d 8h 10m 32s
pretty cool
makes maiden go off and gives her some extra atk

thats about it really

*this post was super effective*

wolfiejim

wolfiejim

• Veteran Members
  • 4,114 posts

I want to like this card, but it just seems wrong for some reason, like it's too slow, but it's still pretty cool. also, I'm thinking that that's legendary white dragon in the top left judging from it's long flowing thor-locks

I don't think the issue is that its slow, more like that there is better stuff to run. maybe as a one of to freak people out in the battle phase, but then again having your opponent attack into her with a set safezone is always better.

From one perspective, heterosexuality is limiting yourself of potential sexual/life partners. So, if one defined life only by the amount of pleasure they could endure in it, it could be seen as irrational.From another perspective, you're talking to a god damned wolf.

"I feast on drama. Suffering is my crack. Humiliation for others my bread and butter"

Aaron1997

Aaron1997

• 227 posts
    • Time Online: 52d 20h 11m 1s
Yea lets make elemental dragons ever more broken.

Activate dragon soul castle banish a blaster, blaster effect, add a fire dragon from your deck also make already a huge beater ever more powerful. also if you have a dead mst, destroy your own dragon soul castle, get a free dragon.

But it is good support for other dragon decks

If you are Christian and not afraid to admit it, Put this in your sig! GOD FTW!!!

lord_ivan

lord_ivan

Honorable Member

• 973 posts
    • Time Online: 72d 21h 3m 53s
  • Team:[KORT] Knight Of the Round Table
I really like the card, it have a great synergy with Elementals and CD, usually you don't use Elementals effect during your opponent's turn but with this you can stall with your monster so you can comeback on the next turn and at the same turn get an effect from an elemental in the grave (even a Tempest would pump to 3100 attack ._.), even if it get MST'ed you can chain to MST, get attack boost+banish a dragon, this get destroyed and summon the dragon you just banished or any other you have on banished zone.

Like if Elementals needed any kind of help to be meta, this card+Dragon's Mausoleum just make them plain stupid.

Edited by lord_ivan, 09 May 2013 - 05:32 PM.

wolfiejim

wolfiejim

• Veteran Members
  • 4,114 posts

Activate dragon soul castle banish a blaster, blaster effect, add a fire dragon from your deck also make already a huge beater ever more powerful. also if you have a dead mst, destroy your own dragon soul castle, get a free dragon.

why did you say this, it was supposed to be a super secret thing that we weren't' going to say until we knew it was good. did you not get the memo

lord_ivan

lord_ivan

Honorable Member

• 973 posts
    • Time Online: 72d 21h 3m 53s
  • Team:[KORT] Knight Of the Round Table
Another thing, Castle it's a +2 if you use it during dmg step (you get search and destroy opponent's monster) or if hit by MST (you get search and summon a dragon). As Castle is worded like Tensen (boost until EP) I think it can be activated during dmg step, that will be funny in mirror match as I can use it on my opponent's turn when they attack my monster with their Crimson Blader.

Geminia999

Geminia999

Ocean Dragon Lord

• Veteran Members
  • 5,694 posts

why did you say this, it was supposed to be a super secret thing that we weren't' going to say until we knew it was good. did you not get the memo

You act like it wasn't obvious.

DbOfRaW.jpg

chaosgenius

chaosgenius

Veteran Member

• 551 posts
    • Time Online: 7d 11h 54m 38s
Elemental Dragons don't need help banishing more stuff.

In fact, they already banish too much stuff. They often run out of resources WAY too quickly. Gold Sarc exists, they won't need this card.

Join us at the Chain Beat Guide and Discussion!

Posted Image

Lots of tips and cool techs to play with!

Beat those Elemental Dragon and Prophecy players on a daily basis!

Build those Chain links one step at a time!

notcleverusername

notcleverusername

Greyscale Bonfire

• 2,489 posts
    • Time Online: 39d 4h 23m 12s
  • Team:Suibon Fan Club
Oh, this is a Continuous Trap card.
Thought it was a Field. Suddenly it's a heckuva lot better.

The banish from grave is nice for certain plays, as is the summon when destroyed. Especially the summon when destroyed, I'm really liking that effect. It's such a pain to find cards that can summon cards from the banish zone.

Edited by notcleverusername, 09 May 2013 - 11:52 PM.

Virtuoso

Virtuoso

Veteran Member

• 526 posts
    • Time Online: 17d 23h 13m 52s
The banish lets you get E-drags effs on your opponents turn. say you have blaster on field and blaster in grave. banish blaster for this card, and search off his effect. not only did you now push your area of influence into your opponents turn, the blaster you have on field will not bounce, because you already used his effect that turn

theamatuer

theamatuer

lawyering pro

• Veteran Members
  • 2,509 posts

Elemental Dragons don't need help banishing more stuff.

In fact, they already banish too much stuff. They often run out of resources WAY too quickly. Gold Sarc exists, they won't need this card.

Soul castle helps with other things
A. 700 atk boost to get over large monsters, esp. helpful against skill drain decks.
B. Recycles banished E drags (you can activate the card w/o using the eff

DMaster2

DMaster2

Elite Member

• Veteran Members
  • 5,465 posts
    • Time Online: 88d 10h 41m 50s

Soul castle helps with other things
A. 700 atk boost to get over large monsters, esp. helpful against skill drain decks.
B. Recycles banished E drags (you can activate the card w/o using the eff

Only they have no room for it, and burial (that is not even played in edragons) does the same job but 100 times better (since for edragons grave=second hand).

Bring Heavy Storm back TCG!

Many archetypes deserve more support -> http://forum.dueling...ng-2013-update/

Akesara

Akesara

• 144 posts
    • Time Online: 18d 9h 17m 49s
So just a question? Would this cards eff trigger if sacrificed for the eff of Darkstorm dragon. I would assume yes if Magic planter works aswell. That Gemini dragon have gotten alot of support this deck. If it weren't for the Blue eyes already present it should almost get a reprint in this deck.

DMaster2

DMaster2

Elite Member

• Veteran Members
  • 5,465 posts
    • Time Online: 88d 10h 41m 50s

So just a question? Would this cards eff trigger if sacrificed for the eff of Darkstorm dragon. I would assume yes if Magic planter works aswell. That Gemini dragon have gotten alot of support this deck. If it weren't for the Blue eyes already present it should almost get a reprint in this deck.

Assuming the current text is correct the effect is mandatory, so yes.
Edit i checked the wikia and with it's text it's a no, since it would miss the timing (http://yugioh.wikia....n's_Soul_Castle)

Edited by DMaster2, 10 May 2013 - 03:56 PM.

Bring Heavy Storm back TCG!

Many archetypes deserve more support -> http://forum.dueling...ng-2013-update/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dragon, trap card

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to the Dueling Network Forums!

To sign in, use your duelingnetwork.com account. If you do not have one, register here.