Photo

Solved  Can Number 39: Utopia negate it's own attack?

Utopia Honest

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

Drazor

Drazor

• 40 posts
    • Time Online: 4d 17h 33m 8s
If a Number 39: Utopia attacks and a Honest is used to increase the attack of the target, can the Utopia actives it's effect and negate it's own attack?

Thanks in advance.

skullvarnish

skullvarnish

Rocket's M Venusaur EX LV. X ☆ ex Prime SP Delta Species

• Super Moderator
  • 8,712 posts
    • Time Online: 163d 23h 4m 58s
  • Team:None
Utopia can negate its own attack. HOWEVER, Honest activates in the damage step, and at time it is too late to activate Utopia's effect.

Are you serious? I am the best player in the game today. I started out with a Kuriboh as my boss monster, and have since climbed up the ladder of success. I am willing to break my back having to carry a team. Some say that there is no "I" in 'team," but what if I am the entire team? I'll carry this team across the river, to Victory Island. We'll pull out the champagne, with the ladies surrounding us. With a cigar in my mouth, I'll deliver the final speech. Our pilgrimage is complete. Our lives are over. The perpetual euphoria has been reached. The impossible has happened. You ask yourself if what has just transpired can possibly be real. I am no miracle worker, but I do have heart. And sometimes with a little bit of heart and some imagination, the world is yours for the taking. -Inflation

Holy shit skullvarnish, give me classes on how to burn the fuck out of people like that PLEASE

AytonHorn

AytonHorn

Dueling Network's Number Hunter

• Veteran Members
  • 945 posts
    • Time Online: 34d 11h 37m 52s
Utopia itself can negate its own attack but not when it's already in the damage step, because that's when it's calculating the damage/battle and honest activates during the battle step, so you can't negate during the damage step, like every monster xD
Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

My Trade List:
http://forum.dueling...ain-and-slifer/

Don't Leave Me Hanging!
Quote me back so I know you replied! :D

Ayton+Horn.jpg

tifimeco

tifimeco

Six Sam Guru

• 799 posts
    • Time Online: 60d 36m 23s
Utopia effect is a trigger one, which means you must declare you're using his effect before even giving your opponent a chance to activate anything in response to the attack.

RC-1 Certified

Beginner Yugioh Test I've made: https://testmoz.com/142828

References:
Top16 Structure Deck Showdown Tournament
Winner of Local Tournament
Top32 DNYCS 2

Drazor

Drazor

• 40 posts
And against a Dimensional Prison, Mirror Force or Widespread Ruin, does it's effect work?

skullvarnish

skullvarnish

Rocket's M Venusaur EX LV. X ☆ ex Prime SP Delta Species

• Super Moderator
  • 8,712 posts
    • Time Online: 163d 23h 4m 58s
  • Team:None

And against a Dimensional Prison, Mirror Force or Widespread Ruin, does it's effect work?

No, as stated by another user, Utopia's effect is a Trigger effect, which is Spell Speed 1. It cannot chain to Spell Speed 2 effects.

Are you serious? I am the best player in the game today. I started out with a Kuriboh as my boss monster, and have since climbed up the ladder of success. I am willing to break my back having to carry a team. Some say that there is no "I" in 'team," but what if I am the entire team? I'll carry this team across the river, to Victory Island. We'll pull out the champagne, with the ladies surrounding us. With a cigar in my mouth, I'll deliver the final speech. Our pilgrimage is complete. Our lives are over. The perpetual euphoria has been reached. The impossible has happened. You ask yourself if what has just transpired can possibly be real. I am no miracle worker, but I do have heart. And sometimes with a little bit of heart and some imagination, the world is yours for the taking. -Inflation

Holy shit skullvarnish, give me classes on how to burn the fuck out of people like that PLEASE

Drazor

Drazor

• 40 posts
I got it, thank you all. Tomorrow I'll give the "Likes" (I reach the limit today).

The topic can be closed now.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Utopia, Honest

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to the Dueling Network Forums!

To sign in, use your duelingnetwork.com account. If you do not have one, register here.