ElectroBlade

ElectroBlade

The Master of Shadows

• 1,495 posts
    • Time Online: 162d 21h 19m 22s

Posted Image

WIND / Rank 7 / Machine / Effect

2 Level 7 monsters
Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; Special Summon 2 "Mecha Phantom Beast Tokens" (Machine-Type/WIND/Level 3/ATK 0/DEF 0). While you control a Token, this card cannot be destroyed by battle or card effects. Once per turn: You can Tribute 1 "Mecha Phantom Beast" monster, then target 1 card on the field; destroy that target. This card cannot attack during the turn you activate this effect.

2600/2200

The ace monster of the Mecha Phantom Beasts that is sadly abused by the cruel Dragon Rulers. And for a good reason, its effect is incredible. Detaching once per turn for 2 free tokens is impressive (especially for the archetype it was meant to be used in), but being able to tribute any Mecha Phantom Beast monster (tokens, and even itself) to destroy anything on the field while at the same time being immune to destruction its (or any) tokens on board make it quite the fearsome monster to take down unless you have a Caius or Compulsory Evacuation Device at the ready.

Mecha Phantom Beasts make this card with ease, any Lv4 Mecha with 1 token on the board will boost them both to Lv7, thus being able to make this card. Dragon Rulers do it better, however, since they're Special Summoning machines and are already Lv7.

All in all, this card is a fantastic boss monster that'll either be a huge threat to your opponent, laughing at their silly Mirror Forces and Bottomless Trap Holes, or just easily be wiped away from an easy bounce/banish effect, the Mecha Phantom Beasts' weakness. It all depends what you're fighting. Even if it easily taken care of though, you'll still most likely get 2 tokens out it, so he'll never be a true waste to make. Long live Dracossack!

I love Mecha Phantom Beasts and I approve this message.

MPBSigRetakeDraft3_zps696de20b.png?t=137
Former In-Game Administrator | Moderator

~.:Trade Thread:.~

Ash_Kang

Ash_Kang

Now is Tellaknight Player

• Veteran Members
  • 665 posts
    • Time Online: 270d 11h 31m 3s
I like the sentence 'The ace monster of the Mecha Phantom Beasts that is sadly abused by the cruel Dragon Rulers' XD

Better protection if 2 lvl 4 MPB cards and 1 MPB token to summon this...any 2 dragon rulers summon this may make opp use trap to destroy it...

I totally love Mecha Phantom Beast and Chronomaly :D
908014myfavouritecard.png

! BlackFlame !

! BlackFlame !

DN's Pokémon Master Os

• Veteran Members
  • 1,035 posts
    • Time Online: 86d 18h 28m 51s
  • Team:Dollars (Destroy the wOrLd and rebuiLd it with mAgic, Relaxation, and Stuff)
I think of him like this. He is the Zenmaines/Gachi Gachi/Maestroke for rank 7s. It's extremely good, but it also has its weaknesses with space issues & balanced because it isn't protected unless it has tokens on the field, which works better in its archetype specific deck. This is a very good example of a good, balanced card.

Pokemon X FC: Os | 4699-6587-7145 | Excadrill, Magneton, & Metang

HNmG8wl.jpg

Mr. Gentleman

Mr. Gentleman

• 185 posts
    • Time Online: 9d 5h 55m 14s
Could've been far better if it didn't have the Battle Phase restriction, but you can't argue with the results.

wordpress-funny-gifs-have-ever-been-so-m

What a pitiful ragenerd. Don't be like Daffy Duck. He sucks.

CYBERDARK597

CYBERDARK597

Fire-type!

• Veteran Members
  • 1,865 posts
    • Time Online: 83d 21h 58m 49s
  • Team:[DLLR]
scrap dragon's big daddy
i think this might get a hit because of the edrags abuse

Edited by CYBERDARK597, 13 May 2013 - 06:47 AM.

JUST LIVING IN THE DATABASE

a0d8ec32f9bd25fc0765f128f862b310-d5awnjp

thx kimo force for the awesome sig

Dante Blitz

Dante Blitz

Legendary Duelist

• 432 posts
    • Time Online: 7d 5h 44m 43s
  • Team:Star Vader
The jerk that is worse than big eye.
This card is the reason I having troubles when I play my Chaos Zombies.

Neo-Knight

Neo-Knight

Knight the free

• Veteran Members
  • 1,316 posts
    • Time Online: 91d 10h 51m 5s
When I summon this baby all heck breaks out. It's much more worth it to summon him in MPB then the others

well_done_sir.gif
NeoKnight.gif

Geminia999

Geminia999

Ocean Dragon Lord

• Veteran Members
  • 6,128 posts
    • Time Online: 274d 8h 58m 17s
  • Team:Who needs one
You know, I really find this guy kinda meh all things considered. Yes it has built in protection as well as scrap dragon eff, but considering the scrap eff stops his attack he either has to choose between the two. It's very well balanced for a card but in how fast the Meta is I just really don't see the need for this guy that much besides tribute summons, which they dropped LaDD anyways so there isn't that much need for that either. It just feels kinda not necessary besides that it beats Junon.

Yeah, I'm weird like that.

DbOfRaW.jpg

Roxzen

Roxzen

The Gardener of Decks

• 3,987 posts
    • Time Online: 172d 14h 57m 14s
Card also dodges Skill Drain. I always wanted to fit Phantom of Chaos into MPB, banishing Draco-sack and then tributing itself for kick and giggles. But it is just too impractical.

It is a good tribute fodder producer too, but I only used it like that in Dragon Rulers, because I usually end up wasting my Normal Summons to bring this out in any other deck. Card is OK, but I have a feeling that this card or Big Eye would be hit instead of the Dragon Rulers.
Posted Image

lord_ivan

lord_ivan

Honorable Member

• Veteran Members
  • 985 posts
    • Time Online: 74d 15h 18m 1s
  • Team:Free Agent
I like the card but it will be likely limited because of Elemental Dragons abuse, because of this we have to face first turn Dragossack+LaDD, they can even summon Obelisk first turn if they wanted to (tribute Dragossack+2 tokens).

notcleverusername

notcleverusername

Greyscale Bonfire

• Veteran Members
  • 2,799 posts
    • Time Online: 47d 9h 2m 30s
  • Team:Suibon Fan Club
I'm with Geminia here, I've only ever seen it as annoying rather than anywhere near broken. It's a good card, don't get me wrong, but if anything were to be hit in EDrags, this would be IMO the silliest choice.

Disclaimer: My strategies aren't good, they're just amusing.

ElectroBlade

ElectroBlade

The Master of Shadows

• 1,495 posts
    • Time Online: 162d 21h 19m 22s
Yeah Big Eye is definitely worthy of a hit more than this. As a MPB player, you have no idea how depressing it'd be to have your boss monster hit because of Dragon Rulers.... (well maybe Ice Barrier players know, haha).

MPBSigRetakeDraft3_zps696de20b.png?t=137
Former In-Game Administrator | Moderator

~.:Trade Thread:.~

Blazermax

Blazermax

Veteran Member

• 339 posts
    • Time Online: 17d 21h 16m 22s

I still don't understand why it wasn't at least attribute exclusive to wind like abyssgaios is to water. They have tomahawk for generic monster based token production if that's what they were looking for.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mecha, phantom, beast, dracossack, elemental, dragons, rulers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to the Dueling Network Forums!

To sign in, use your duelingnetwork.com account. If you do not have one, register here.