CYBERDARK597

Fire-type!

• Veteran Members
  • 1,886 posts
    • Time Online: 84d 37m 14s
  • Team:[DLLR]

Posted Image

effect:

Neither player can Special Summon monsters. Destroy this card when a card is sent from the Deck or the field to your Graveyard.

so yea this card

it's been seeing more play lately with verz and their new beetle also bujin being able to use it easily, making for a great way to put edrags at a dead end and well pretty much a good card against everything since it prevents special summons

so what do you think of this card? do you run it? do you like it? will we be seeing it in more control decks?

discuss

JUST LIVING IN THE DATABASE

a0d8ec32f9bd25fc0765f128f862b310-d5awnjp

thx kimo force for the awesome sig

Eji1700

Eji1700

• 157 posts
    • Time Online: 8d 4h 16m 13s
Makes me want to run macro rock stun again. Such an obnoxious card to play against.

Dart Feld

Dart Feld

War God Overlord

• Veteran Members
  • 1,155 posts
    • Time Online: 102d 20h 49m 39s
  • Team:[BoB] Band of Brothers
Unless in Macro, this card is just too fragile, I saw a few War God tops (one Top 8 in an important OCG Tournament) maining 3 of those, obviously with the intention of stopping both E-Dragons and Prophecies, although to be honest... I prefer Summon Limit or Kaiser Colosseum.

Messier_7.pngWar_God_Emperor_Susanoo.png

Constellar Ptolemy M7           Bujintei - Susano'o

Tamahana

Tamahana

• 34 posts
    • Time Online: 3d 14h 27m

Unless in Macro, this card is just too fragile, I saw a few War God tops (one Top 8 in an important OCG Tournament) maining 3 of those, obviously with the intention of stopping both E-Dragons and Prophecies, although to be honest... I prefer Summon Limit or Kaiser Colosseum.

Even stopping one Mini-Drag, Rabbit, or Judgment/Justice play justifies its use

telvin1234

telvin1234

Elite Member

• Veteran Members
  • 1,272 posts
    • Time Online: 163d 7h 2m 37s
Only Verz can truly handle maining this meta-wise.

We have Beetle to protect it, which actually is a lot more reliable than 1st Turn Ophion against E-Dragons.

Thunderbird + Vanity alone can easily win you games against a lot of decks.

We also can easily Main/Side Macro Cosmos, meaning Vanity will be even harder to get rid of.

Decks like Bujin are usually only able to use to stun a quick Special Summon or something. But once Verz gets their hands on Beetle, they'll be able to do so much more with it.

(TK) Bundy

(TK) Bundy

• 86 posts
    • Time Online: 1d 11h 57m 17s
This card is very good in anti-meta decks. Prime example is Evilswarms when they get Key Beetle in JOLT.

Just saying if a tier 2 deck topped, it probably had this in the main or side deck.

Roxzen

Roxzen

The Gardener of Decks

• 3,780 posts
    • Time Online: 190d 17h 15m 26s

Unless in Macro, this card is just too fragile

Even if it is fragile, it can at least work like a one time Special Summon Stun. Chain the card when the opponent would Special Summon stuff, like having 2 monsters of identical levels, and the opponent would either have to destroy Vanity Emptiness or end their turn with 2 (possibly) weak monsters. Seeing that almost every deck relies on Special Summoning these days, the card wouldn't stay long to bite you in the behind. Or set a dominant field, then flip this up, similar to the Royal Oppression play of old. You can always destroy it yourself anyway by activating a Spell.

It stalls them for one turn most of the time, but one turn is all you need to turn the duel to your favour. Of course, Macro would do better vs Fire Fist, Merlanteans, Spellbooks and Dragon Rulers but those decks are stupid anyway

AZKWdWx.jpg

enmanuel7

enmanuel7

Honorable Member

• Veteran Members
  • 808 posts
    • Time Online: 99d 1h 2m 13s
  • Team:TAH-the avengers of heaven-co-captain
but why would evilswarms summon master key beetle instead of ophion?

Roxzen

Roxzen

The Gardener of Decks

• 3,780 posts
    • Time Online: 190d 17h 15m 26s

but why would evilswarms summon master key beetle instead of ophion?

Emptiness stop the opponent from getting out Acid Golem/Maestroke/Pearl to mess with Ophion soft lock if Safe-Zone isn't out,
But Infestation Pandemic is so good. Searchable. MASS. LANCE.

AZKWdWx.jpg

Anbu-of-Sand

Anbu-of-Sand

۰·۰·۰·۰·۰·۰·۰·۰·۰·۰·۰·۰

• Veteran Members
  • 3,354 posts
    • Time Online: 103d 1h 51m 39s
I don't know how I didn't see the Macro Cosmos + This Card combo before; may make a Deck and it sooner or later. I never understood how Bujiins work with it though; don't Bujiins send some of their monsters to the Grave for their effects (that Honest card of the Archetype for example)? Someone explaining this to me would be helpful.

22u0TXG.png
^Credit to DawnBlade for this Siggy^

The Official K-POP Thread for DNF!

Tamahana

Tamahana

• 34 posts

I don't know how I didn't see the Macro Cosmos + This Card combo before; may make a Deck and it sooner or later. I never understood how Bujiins work with it though; don't Bujiins send some of their monsters to the Grave for their effects (that Honest card of the Archetype for example)? Someone explaining this to me would be helpful.

Simply for a temporary stun. The ability to stop a mini drag play or a Rabbit or a Justice off Judgment summon is key

lord_ivan

lord_ivan

Honorable Member

• Veteran Members
  • 1,059 posts
    • Time Online: 80d 11h 40m 13s
  • Team:{KORT}
You guys must be joking, Evilswarms are not the best deck to main this as you need to wait a turn to use Master Beetle effect, believe it or not the deck that can make the best use of this is Elemental Dragons, I can't say all the times I've summoned Radiance first turn and set Vanity, that play have gave me and other friends multiple wins vs the mirror match, it even works vs Evilswarms as they can't special summon anything.

Tamahana

Tamahana

• 34 posts

You guys must be joking, Evilswarms are not the best deck to main this as you need to wait a turn to use Master Beetle effect, believe it or not the deck that can make the best use of this is Elemental Dragons, I can't say all the times I've summoned Radiance first turn and set Vanity, that play have gave me and other friends multiple wins vs the mirror match, it even works vs Evilswarms as they can't special summon anything.

I'm fairly sure Beetle will work on set cards as well, meaning you won't have to wait

telvin1234

telvin1234

Elite Member

• Veteran Members
  • 1,272 posts

Yea... no.

Beetle can use its effect on Set cards, so yea...

Yes, Stardust Radiance and Vanity is great also, but Beetle can still extend its protection to one more card. And unlike Draogn Rulers, who are all about special summons, we still have powerful beaters like Heliotrope and the almost invincible Thunderbird to back Beetle up on the field. And should you ever feel a need to special summon, Beetle can be tributed for EEV, which would pop their spells/traps, while simultaneously lifting the SS restriction off of you.

I'm just saying, Vanity is more useful to Evilswarm than it is to Dragon Rulers.

lord_ivan

lord_ivan

Honorable Member

• Veteran Members
  • 1,059 posts
    • Time Online: 80d 11h 40m 13s
  • Team:{KORT}

I'm fairly sure Beetle will work on set cards as well, meaning you won't have to wait

My mistake, the one that needs to be face-up is Beetle lol, then yeah Evilswarms are better to pull the combo.

enmanuel7

enmanuel7

Honorable Member

• Veteran Members
  • 808 posts
    • Time Online: 99d 1h 2m 13s
  • Team:TAH-the avengers of heaven-co-captain

Emptiness stop the opponent from getting out Acid Golem/Maestroke/Pearl to mess with Ophion soft lock if Safe-Zone isn't out,
But Infestation Pandemic is so good. Searchable. MASS. LANCE.

they have lances and dresses to stop those,i dont deny that the combo is kinda good but ophion is still better to me,in others decks,sure

-Heavy Storm-

-Heavy Storm-

• 37 posts
    • Time Online: 14h 28m 2s
prefer fossil dyna but this works too

taproot

taproot

Dudley Emperor

• Veteran Members
  • 2,611 posts
    • Time Online: 45d 4h 25m 33s
  • Team:Team Elemental Mistress
This card is just insane. Being a costless Solemn Warning on crack for a turn is one thing, especially when activating literally any spell or trap gives you the ability to Special Summon again, but Beetle can keep it around forever if you need it. This guy is likely going to be the next Royal Oppression, a card that only shuts down your opponent's SS after you've already done your own. I use this in E-Dragons, because LaDD + this = your opponent has to keep taking negates to the face, because Vanity keeps him from getting a substantial creature on the field. The moment you kill the LaDD, the Vanity goes away and I get my SS from it. I can go for Big Eye + this to bully people around. I pretty much have game once I draw it.

Rasten

Rasten

Ratskin #2

• Veteran Members
  • 560 posts
    • Time Online: 49d 12h 14m 36s

This card is just insane. Being a costless Solemn Warning on crack for a turn is one thing, especially when activating literally any spell or trap gives you the ability to Special Summon again, but Beetle can keep it around forever if you need it. This guy is likely going to be the next Royal Oppression, a card that only shuts down your opponent's SS after you've already done your own. I use this in E-Dragons, because LaDD + this = your opponent has to keep taking negates to the face, because Vanity keeps him from getting a substantial creature on the field. The moment you kill the LaDD, the Vanity goes away and I get my SS from it. I can go for Big Eye + this to bully people around. I pretty much have game once I draw it.

I've actually done Master Beetle + Vanities... crazy combo and my opponents find it very hard to shut done once I have beetle to protect.

!Future Ruling Guru! (Work and dedication pay off eventually!)

MpY4FEJ.png

Blazermax

Blazermax

Veteran Member

• 464 posts
    • Time Online: 25d 3h 34m 40s

This card only goes away if a card is sent from your field or deck to the graveyard, but bujins use Yamato to send cards from their hand to the grave for setting up plays most of the time.

! Juha Bach !

! Juha Bach !

Veteran Member

• 342 posts
    • Time Online: 5d 10h 16m 18s

Bujins don't auto-trigger vanities destruction because they send cards from their hand and/or banish from their grave. And they don't speshul

telvin1234

telvin1234

Elite Member

• Veteran Members
  • 1,272 posts

Bujins don't auto-trigger vanities destruction because they send cards from their hand and/or banish from their grave. And they don't speshul

Plus... they don't suck.

MrMcThrasher

MrMcThrasher

Reign In Blood

• Veteran Members
  • 4,026 posts
    • Time Online: 64d 7h 58m 34s
  • Team:[BOB] Band Of Brothers

I main 3 in my ChainBeat along with 3 Macro. Absolutely needed in this current format.

f3aHfUG.gif

TheGimmick

TheGimmick

Are You Feelin' It?

• Veteran Members
  • 2,805 posts
    • Time Online: 220d 22h 6m 52s
  • Team:I am a one-man show.

I main 3 in my ChainBeat along with 3 Macro. Absolutely needed in this current format.

This tome I and others can agree with you. Using three in this meta for decks like that is a must.

I only wish white dragon ninja could have done well with this card, but that would never happen with the awkward timing between the two...

Click on a card to learn about their archetype!

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

notcleverusername

notcleverusername

Greyscale Bonfire

• Veteran Members
  • 2,824 posts
    • Time Online: 48d 3h 39m 52s
  • Team:Suibon Fan Club

This tome I and others can agree with you. Using three in this meta for decks like that is a must.

I only wish white dragon ninja could have done well with this card, but that would never happen with the awkward timing between the two...

The answer is clearly to Tribute Summon White Dragon Ninja.

Good luck~

Wait fffff

Right. With Macro or something like that. I meant that all along~

Disclaimer: My strategies aren't good, they're just amusing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to the Dueling Network Forums!

To sign in, use your duelingnetwork.com account. If you do not have one, register here.