347 replies to this topic

Holofoil

Holofoil

ICE PLANET 2002

• Veteran Members
  • 3,774 posts
    • Time Online: 125d 14h 13m 9s
  • Team:SOS - Shadows of Silence

So... just found out about this new Deck called "Ghostrick". It's kind of like a PACMAN Deck, and it has a Halloween theme. There's quite a lot of neat cards in it, most of them turn out to be balanced versions of other effects, though.

NONE OF THEM can be Normal Summoned, unless you control another Ghostrick monster. They all have to be Normal Set (doesn't say anything about Special Summoning them, though!). They all have the ability to change themselves into face-down DEF position once a turn, too.

GhostrickLantern-SHSP-JP-OP.png

Ghostrick Lantern

Cannot be Normal Summoned unless you control a "Ghostrick" monster (but can be Normal Set). Once per turn: You can change this card to face-down Defense Position. When an opponent's monster attacks you directly or targets a "Ghostrick" monster for an attack: Target that attacking monster; negate the attack, and if you do, Special Summon this card from your hand in face-down Defense Position.

tl;dr: Pseudo-Battle Fader.

GhostrickSpecter-SHSP-JP-OP.png

Ghostrick Specter

Cannot be Normal Summoned unless you control a "Ghostrick" monster (but can be Normal Set). Once per turn: You can change this card to face-down Defense Position. When a "Ghostrick" monster is destroyed by your opponent's card (either by battle or card effect) and sent to the Graveyard: You can Special Summon this card from your hand in face-down Defense Position, and if you do, Draw 1 card.

tl;dr: Pseudo-Cyber Valley.

WitchoftheGhostrick-SHSP-JP-OP.png

Ghostrick Witch

Cannot be Normal Summoned unless you control a "Ghostrick" monster (but can be Normal Set). Once per turn: You can change this card to face-down Defense Position. Once per turn: You can target 1 face-up monster your opponent controls; change it to face-down Defense Position.

tl;dr: Maestroke who can't protect herself.

GhostrickYukionna-SHSP-JP-OP.png

Ghostrick Yukionna

Cannot be Normal Summoned unless you control a "Ghostrick" monster (but can be Normal Set). Once per turn: You can change this card to face-down Defense Position. When this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard: You can change the monster that destroyed it to face-down Defense Position. That monster cannot change its battle position.

tl;dr: A better version of Gonogo (IT SUCKS, LOOK IT UP).

GhostrickJiangshi-SHSP-JP-OP.png

Ghostrick Jiangshi

Cannot be Normal Summoned unless you control a "Ghostrick" monster (but can be Normal Set). Once per turn: You can change this card to face-down Defense Position. When this card is flipped face-up: You can add 1 "Ghostrick" monster from your Deck to your hand whose Level is less than or equal to the number of "Ghostrick" monsters you control. You can only use this effect of "Ghostrick Jiangshi" once per turn.

tl;dr: Balanced Geargiarmor.

GhostrickStein-SHSP-JP-OP.png

Ghostrick Stein

Cannot be Normal Summoned unless you control a "Ghostrick" monster (but can be Normal Set). Once per turn: You can change this card to face-down Defense Position. When this card inflicts battle damage to your opponent: You can add 1 "Ghostrick" Spell or Trap card from your Deck to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Ghostrick Stein" once per turn.

tl;dr: Fire Fire Bear who doesn't pop.

300px-GhostrickAlucard-SHSP-JP-OP.png

Ghostrick Alucard

2 Level 3 monsters

Your opponent cannot target other "Ghostrick" monsters or face-down monsters for attacks. You can detach 1 XYZ material from this card to target 1 Set card your opponent controls; destroy that target. You can only use this effect of "Ghostrick Alucard" once per turn. If this card is sent to the Graveyard: You can target 1 other "Ghostrick" monster in your Graveyard; add that target to your hand.

tl;dr: A Fient Plan, MST / Shield Crush, and Warrior Returning Alive for Ghostricks, upon death.

300px-GhostrickHouse-SHSP-JP-OP.png

Ghostrick House

Face-down monsters cannot be targeted for attacks. If the only monster(s) a player controls are face-down, their opponent can attack them directly. Halve any battle damage from monsters, except "Ghostrick" monsters, or effect damage either player takes.

tl;dr: A Fient Plan, both players can go nuts and attack directly, and all damage, except Ghostrick damage, is halved.

GhostrickOut-SHSP-JP-OP.png

Ghostrick Out

Reveal 1 "Ghostrick" monster in your hand; for the rest of this turn, "Ghostrick" cards and face-down Defense Position monsters you control cannot be targeted or destroyed by card effects.

tl;dr: Infestation Pandemic for Set Monsters and ALL Ghostrick cards, including the Field Spell.

GhostrickPanic-SHSP-JP-OP.png

Ghostrick Panic

Target any number of face-down Defense Position monsters you control; change them to face-up Defense Position, then change face-up monsters your opponent controls to face-down Defense Position, up to the number of "Ghostrick" monsters flipped face-up by this effect.

tl;dr: Book of Taiyou for you, then Book of Eclipse for opponent.

I'm guessing Nobleman of Crossout and Shield Crush would be great to use in this Deck, since you're constantly setting your opponent's cards. Des Lacooda and Swarm of Locusts / Scarabs should fit well, too, and Allure of Darkness and Pot of Duality are easily able to be thrown into the Deck.

Fairly balanced looking archtype, they look like they'd be great for casual play. I like them.

Who else expects Konami to break the crap out of them in about a year?

Edited by Holofoil, 17 May 2013 - 08:43 PM.

Dueling Network's officially unofficial Clown Control player.

ICE_PLANET_HOLOFOIL_1_zps89c58dd9.pngICE_PLANET_HOLOFOIL_2_zps9f98bc5f.png

ICE_PLANET_HOLOFOIL_3_zps65f00695.pngICE_PLANET_HOLOFOIL_4_zps68566074.png

5 / 14 / 2013: Don't forget.

G4Wbzlv.png

draco595

draco595

• 256 posts
    • Time Online: 49d 2h 7m 11s

Welp looks like there is now a new archetype I shall play and it is TOTALLY not because of the vampire card and the lolis...

I am currently catapulting all manner of currency in a bearing towards the direction of space wherein my computer's monitor resides; unfortunately, there appears to be a distinct lack of utilization from either property.

Little_Miko

Little_Miko

• 42 posts
    • Time Online: 4d 22h 23m 18s
  • Location:I live in a world of darkness where no trace of humanity exists, and should you enter it's unholy domain you will find yourself unable to escape with your sanity intact.
There was another discussion talking about the up coming Ghostrick cards in this thread too http://forum.dueling...view=getnewpost thought I'd let you know

stormesp

stormesp

• 128 posts
    • Time Online: 9d 22h 44m 44s

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Ghostrick

fucking awesome

alucard *.*

ElectroBlade

ElectroBlade

The Master of Shadows

• 1,496 posts
    • Time Online: 163d 17h 15m 43s

We finally get new Zombies...and they're chibis...*sigh*

Super disappointed. And they're subpar too...great. Just great. I cannot see these going far without a support card as broken, if not more, than Spellbook of Judgment.

MPBSigRetakeDraft3_zps696de20b.png?t=137
Former In-Game Administrator | Moderator

~.:Trade Thread:.~

Bloody Kiss

Bloody Kiss

>Lunatic Psyker<

• Veteran Members
  • 1,529 posts
    • Time Online: 160d 23h 58m 5s
  • Team:[BLC] Black Crow

I'll play them just cos they're adorable as f. Also, I'm sure there's gonna be a way to make them broken or at least make them good enough to compete with other decks. There's always a way.

It's yugioh and we have Konami throwing broken cards at us. Just wait for it. 

For now I see them as a trap heavy deck that is awesome when it gets down to grind games.

nicobar.png

Sux2bu.

o7fvmoz.png

Eji1700

Eji1700

• 148 posts
    • Time Online: 7d 23h 32m 8s

We finally get new Zombies...and they're chibis...*sigh*

Super disappointed. And they're subpar too...great. Just great. I cannot see these going far without a support card as broken, if not more, than Spellbook of Judgment.

Pretty much how I feel in a nutshell.  The art is one thing, but the mechanic is just ugh.  It's a neat concept, but everything i'm seeing so far is slow, hard to use, and not worth the effort.  Even from a casual standpoint these don't look all that fun.  Hopefully they get something that changes that, but in the meantime, ugh.

ck49

ck49

Veteran Member

• Retired Staff
  • 518 posts
    • Time Online: 19d 6h 45m 37s
  • Youtube:youtube.com/ck49ygo
  • Team:Plasma Torch Alum

they're pretty mediocre, tbh, with good support cards but no win condition. Witch could be used in prophecy to flip ophion Face Down in the ep followed by a spellbook of fate, I guess, though. Also, you could use some of this as worm support, though on its own it doesn't look like it will amount to much.

I am a Former DN Admin and a DNF Tournament Organizer. Leave me a message if you want, I'll probably check back here every once in a while and respond.
Check out my Youtube Channel!!! (or not, since I don't update it any more)
Top 16 DNGT America (4th after Swiss), Top 16 DNGT10 (invite only), Top 16 SDS3
Top 8 Duelist Kingdom 2 Tournament
Top 3 DNGT Egypt
Top 4 DNGT7

WINNER of the Mega banned highlander tournament!

Anbu-of-Sand

Anbu-of-Sand

۰·۰·۰·۰·۰·۰·۰·۰·۰·۰·۰·۰

• Veteran Members
  • 3,295 posts
    • Time Online: 100d 13h 52m 9s

I'm really excited for them and love their artwork / theme. I doubt Konami would break this Archetype though; feels more like one of those possible Tier 2-3 Decks.

22u0TXG.png
^Credit to DawnBlade for this Siggy^

The Official K-POP Thread for DNF!

Geminia999

Geminia999

Ocean Dragon Lord

• Veteran Members
  • 6,140 posts
    • Time Online: 275d 4h 54m 16s
  • Team:Who needs one

I'm really excited to test these guys out. I mean Alucard is just really awesome and works well with the spellcasters and since he's generic that means TGU :D I just like how this archetype seems to work and just can't wait to try them out! Though they obviously need more cards, those will come at a later date.

DbOfRaW.jpg

Little_Miko

Little_Miko

• 42 posts
  • Location:I live in a world of darkness where no trace of humanity exists, and should you enter it's unholy domain you will find yourself unable to escape with your sanity intact.
Just another DARK type deck to add to my collection *rubs hands* but in all seriousness I think after a little more time and more cards to release with them, it could turn out to be an interesting archetype. I know there are some people who don't think they won't amount to anything, but one never truly knows until they find out themselves, I'm fairly positive person.

MALEFICxKNIGHT

MALEFICxKNIGHT

• 8 posts
    • Time Online: 14h 22m 23s

I'm just going to go ahead and say it, I love every thing about this Archetype. I can't wait to see them in action. Ceasefire's soon going to be nuts.

The Vampire Prince

The Vampire Prince

I can take the sky from you

• Retired Staff
  • 2,381 posts
    • Time Online: 218d 20h 51m 29s

Dey need to let me test these nao >=V DN Y U No upload cards before they're out. OT I love the archetype :P can't wait to play with em.

prince_by_ikutothecat-d6ezj1h.png

Little_Miko

Little_Miko

• 42 posts

Dey need to let me test these nao >=V DN Y U No upload cards before they're out. OT I love the archetype :P can't wait to play with em.

yeah well.. I'm going to play with them first! So you'll just have to wait in line. :P

The Vampire Prince

The Vampire Prince

I can take the sky from you

• Retired Staff
  • 2,381 posts
    • Time Online: 218d 20h 51m 29s

yeah well.. I'm going to play with them first! So you'll just have to wait in line. :P

Clearly as a VAMPIRE I get first dibs on any Halloween, Vampire and or Undead decks. Nice try though.

prince_by_ikutothecat-d6ezj1h.png

Little_Miko

Little_Miko

• 42 posts

Clearly as a VAMPIRE I get first dibs on any Halloween, Vampire and or Undead decks. Nice try though.

well clearly as a 5000+ thief king, I'll just steal whatever cards you get... So there!

Red_Chaos

Red_Chaos

Elite Member

• Veteran Members
  • 2,570 posts
    • Time Online: 92d 14h 25m 51s

the only type of zombies i will actually touch because there so cute looking and not scarring me 

Dueler312

Dueler312

Shadoll Sneaker

• Veteran Members
  • 591 posts
    • Time Online: 52d 15h 8m 34s
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/Dueler312

I can see some real powerful plays coming from this archtype. 

Dueler314.gif

My best decks on DN:     Decks I'm working on to get right:
Shaddoll Sworn               Chrono Burn
Fire King                         
Lightsworn                         

Beelze Scrap

Infernity 

Megames1

Megames1

Chirp Da Nurp

• Veteran Members
  • 1,408 posts
    • Time Online: 173d 15h 10m 11s
  • Facebook:Isayah Phanord
  • Youtube:TheMegames1
  • Team:[DLLR] Cause we got money!

Personally, I'm loving the archetype simply because of their awesome :wub:  artwork and theme. I may actually be excited for a new archetype for the first time ever :D I can't wait for them to come out :)

3576310736.png

mido9

mido9

• Veteran Members
  • 3,713 posts
    • Time Online: 207d 55m 56s

Witch is marisa kirisame

Yukionna is letty whiterock

we now have touhou.dek

Who the fuck are you people even trying to convince by making completely weightless blanket statements? Like people are actually putting some sort of effort to make good posts giving legitimate reasoning as to why RPS is not, has not, and never will be a balanced way to "randomly" pick who goes first, while you fucking toolbags just post the most irrelevant and pointless shit thinking that you're adding some sort of weight to the discussion.

All you're really contributing to at this point is the massive list of problems that DNF has in terms of post quality. Stop.

/rant

RareHunter

RareHunter

Inzektor Veteran

• Veteran Members
  • 8,218 posts
    • Time Online: 145d 50m 40s
  • Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/adi.goofy
  • Twitter:@adigoofy

how if i drop Dark Simorgh? banish dead Lock Bird and dead Zephyros> GG Fire Formation and GG Ghostricks?

Stop asking Inzektor's Ruling, click banner below to find your answer

9Foab.jpg

MY DECK LIST

298531.jpg

coket

coket

• 77 posts
    • Time Online: 13d 15h 8m 52s

how if i drop Dark Simorgh? banish dead Lock Bird and dead Zephyros> GG Fire Formation and GG Ghostricks?

Maybe a pretty generic deck + <15 ghostrick cards, siding into something else could work? But yeah, G1, simorgh will be brutal, their only main deck out may be  TGU -> acid golem

...but then there's the issue that simorgh will be encountered very, very rarely; if that is going to be their biggest fear, they'll be a very happy archetype

The real issue is how they'll fare against the standard meta decks

windumupforu

windumupforu

Don't say you don't like my avatar. She is amazing

• Veteran Members
  • 1,791 posts
    • Time Online: 54d 14h 49m 29s

if you arent on devpro you wont be the first
I will
moohahahahahahhaha I am a ghost

7CHiyMo.jpg?1?9233                       CEYk0T.gif

No Mr Mustachio,  I wouldn't buy one.

Ratskin

Ratskin

DNF's ex-resident a-hole

• Veteran Members
  • 2,751 posts
    • Time Online: 141d 1h 45m 51s

If these guys aren't renamed something along the lines of Groovy Ghoulies, I will be shocked.

I'm struggling to see the good thing about these guys aside from the art. They are obviously slow. They seem to be reliant on the field spell to get stuff done, since it means they can protect there field from attacks, but not effects. They are better than my first impression of them (Of them being garbage), but as of yet... They seem to lack a win condition besides being minorly disruptive.

Also, Swords of Concealing Light, and Book of the Eclipse.

2r68WSt.png

The Joker will Lock all....

Thanks to someone from CGC.

Eugene Chaud

Eugene Chaud

• 39 posts
    • Time Online: 3d 20h 43m 31s

They really aren't that slow. Any sense of it is nullified by the fact that they also slow down your opponent while getting searches off. I've been hardcore proxy testing this deck, and I love it. I have my own little secret strategy that really pushes it to the top. I really think people are underrating this Archetype.

P.S. Book of Eclipse is Bad. Swords of Concealing Light is Staple x 3.

LPAz0q5.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to the Dueling Network Forums!

To sign in, use your duelingnetwork.com account. If you do not have one, register here.