Elemental Dragons

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Mephisto Pheles

Mephisto Pheles

Time, stop!

• Banned
  • 753 posts

So, am I the only one who feels like E-Dragons are going to be the weirdist hit ever. They have 8 cards in total, 4 big dragons, 4 baby dragons. But what can really be done to slow them down? I am sure Tempest will see himself limited, since he can search anything in the deck (yes, even LaDD). Out of the babies, I can't really see any of them being banned, because they're mostly used to summon the bigger ones for XYZ's, or being banished to summon a big one again. That being said, if any of them were hit, I'd assume they'd all be hit.

Thoughts?

[9:02:21 PM] Mephisto: so
[9:02:36 PM] Mephisto: player A has a face up Caius and pole position, and a face up def Ancient Lamp
[9:02:43 PM] Mephisto: player B has a face up Ancient lamp, and a set ancient lamp
[9:03:09 PM] Mephisto: player A attacks the face up with caius, and player B uses arm shield, targeting his lamp, a feint plan, and book of eclipse
[9:03:13 PM] Mephisto: what happens
[9:03:25 PM] Alex "AntiTcb" Gravely: I quit.

Senior Admin | Super Moderator | Chat mod | Appeal/Abuse Report Taker | War Adjudicator

And on occasion, BLS thinks I'm a cool guy.

[9/15/2013 3:06:09 AM] Christopher Salvarani: Chris, you are a pretty cool guy :)

Dalek Rek

Dalek Rek

• 118 posts
    • Time Online: 33d 23h 33m 23s

Really the only thing I can think of at all that would kill the pure E Dragon deck, while leaving the attribute able to fulfill it's original purpose of general attribute support (which would be the ideal end result, I think), is probably a limit on the minis (or perhaps just a semi) then a semi on the big dragons. This would create an elemental dragon engine of 1 mini dragon and 2 big dragons for element-based decks

That being said, this theory is using logic from the magical world of common sense that konami seems to have placed an embargo on long ago. So chances are this will never happen due to being too much of a hit

Posted Image

Roxzen

Roxzen

The Gardener of Decks

• Veteran Members
  • 3,753 posts
    • Time Online: 151d 12h 21m 2s

I'm sure that it is already established that it is the minis which make the deck consistent. Seeing how Konami have hit consistency of the top decks in the previous format (Inzektor, Six Samurai) it is most likely that the chibis would go. But limiting all 4 Minis at in one banlist seems highly unlikely, but possible if we look back at Gadgets (or was it semi-limit? Couldn't remember)

But I have a feeling that they'll at least survive this September, looking back at the previous trends.

fF2IqdN.png

HappyTheCatSky

HappyTheCatSky

Natus Vincere

• 800 posts
    • Time Online: 82d 1m 46s
  • Twitter:who the hell uses that anyway
  • Team:Suibot Fan Club

I'm sure that it is already established that it is the minis which make the deck consistent. Seeing how Konami have hit consistency of the top decks in the previous format (Inzektor, Six Samurai) it is most likely that the chibis would go. But limiting all 4 Minis at in one banlist seems highly unlikely, but possible if we look back at Gadgets (or was it semi-limit? Couldn't remember)

But I have a feeling that they'll at least survive this September, looking back at the previous trends.

Chaos dragons came out in feb 2012 and got hit sept 2013 idk what ur talking about

ssgKajs.gif

Another Huang bites the dust!

sfc aka infernityes enthusiasts

RIP BEAR WITH CHAINSAW 2013-2013

Roxzen

Roxzen

The Gardener of Decks

• Veteran Members
  • 3,753 posts
    • Time Online: 151d 12h 21m 2s

Chaos dragons came out in feb 2012 and got hit sept 2013 idk what ur talking about

December 2011, actually. Future Fusion was overdue in being hit anyway.

fF2IqdN.png

Asherpotter

Asherpotter

Honorable Member

• Retired Staff
  • 1,180 posts
    • Time Online: 50d 7h 31m 35s

This deck is beyond crazy. When I saw Spellbook of Judgment I thought that **** was nuts, but wow. It somehow manages to pale in comparison to Super Rejuvenation.

mido9

mido9

Elite Member

• Veteran Members
  • 3,694 posts
    • Time Online: 198d 23h 24m 51s

I swear, this deck is the definition of power creep. Honestly, it might even be good enough to compete with a ton of older stupid decks like 3 launcher infernity, yata lock, and even teledad.

No, Joseph Stalin was a hero who had to make sacrifices for the betterment of the greater good.

Who the fuck are you people even trying to convince by making completely weightless blanket statements? Like people are actually putting some sort of effort to make good posts giving legitimate reasoning as to why RPS is not, has not, and never will be a balanced way to "randomly" pick who goes first, while you fucking toolbags just post the most irrelevant and pointless shit thinking that you're adding some sort of weight to the discussion.

All you're really contributing to at this point is the massive list of problems that DNF has in terms of post quality. Stop.

/rant

DuelMasterRoxas

DuelMasterRoxas

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • 639 posts
    • Time Online: 58d 14h 11m 2s
  • Youtube:http://www.youtube.com/user/RandomVideoPeruser

I say just limit them all. Four big dragons and their younger counterparts are still fairly dangerous, they just won't swarm the field any more. That at least makes them playable.

Custom Cards

Petal Counter | Legendary Heroes | Random HERO cards | Tapper | Judgment Flame

Chaos dragon was always better than rulers -  LordTyrranus

If you can't see how bad (Confiscation) is, why do you play this game?  - jakeyjake

RareHunter

RareHunter

Inzektor Veteran

• Veteran Members
  • 7,660 posts
    • Time Online: 127d 1h 49m 54s
  • Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/adi.goofy
  • Twitter:@adigoofy

When I saw Spellbook of Judgment I thought that **** was nuts, but wow. It somehow manages to pale in comparison to Super Rejuvenation.

Judgment Day is nothing against Super Rejuve. Drawing more than 25 cards in a turn is nuts if u play it in Exodia Dragon Turbo

Stop asking Inzektor's Ruling, click banner below to find your answer

9Foab.jpg

MY DECK LIST

298531.jpg

Dueler312

Dueler312

Madolche Stuffer

• Veteran Members
  • 512 posts
    • Time Online: 48d 15h 4m 25s

Easy way to stop most of their effects. Mental Drain and Soul Drain. 

Posted Image

lolnopound1

lolnopound1

Elite Member

• Banned
  • 3,682 posts

Easy way to stop most of their effects. Mental Drain and Soul Drain. 

Counters do not balance cards~

PsyBomb

PsyBomb

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • 529 posts
    • Time Online: 28d 8h 7m 44s

As said above, the Lords to 2 and Chibis to 1 would balance the pure deck while letting them remain available to their intended targets, the actual elemental decks. This seems like an ideal situation, and it's what I'm hoping for.

Failing that, they would need to straight ban one or two of the Lord-Chibi pairs. This is not ideal, mostly since it hoses legit decks (though killing Fire and Water would be the best end state here in the current meta)

shadowgamer666

shadowgamer666

DN's Shadow

• Banned
  • 1,151 posts
  • Team:[AX] Able to Exceed

lol this deck will last until next format maybe even so :P likw with wu it will be hard to make it dissapear

smallstargaming

smallstargaming

• 30 posts
    • Time Online: 13h 50m 52s

Im expecting too see a big eye hit coming with the september banlist. Possibly dracossack too , if tachyon galaxy isnt as popular anymore , or if it gets reprinted in any of the new tins.

Either way , im not looking forward to playing vs e-dragons at my locals. Hopefully not as many people will be playing it at locals because they are pretty expensive

as the big dragons are like 8$ each and dracossack is like 200$ and big eye like 100$+. We can only hope atleast some of them get hit in the september banlist.

Also , if you go first and make shock master first turn , GG e-dragons.

Edited by smallstargaming, 19 May 2013 - 12:22 PM.

My awesome youtube account: http://www.youtube.c...rRandomgames101

dgZKbOB.gif

Made by LDMASTER14 if you take and use please give credit.

[SCK]ALEX45

[SCK]ALEX45

Myrmeleo's Boytoy ;)

• Veteran Members
  • 511 posts
    • Time Online: 27d 38m 35s
  • Twitter:elementalfury96
  • Youtube:teamrapidkarma
  • Team:Rapid Karma

The thing that needs to be done is the spells getting limited. Most people I ask think that relimiting Sarco is a good idea, Super Rejuv also desperately needs a hit to 1, it would also be a Deep Dragon Draw Exodia hit, and finally, Sacred Sword to 1. Hit those and they've just lost a total of 5-6 maindecked cards, in that, they'll be forced to main 3 Upstart Goblin and whatever else. Hitting Dracosack is unfair for Mecha Phantom Beasts, the intended deck for it. However, limiting Dracosack would not be enough, you'd also have to limit Big Eye, but that would make the deck in total virtually unplayable...but then again...

181196_257630334379781_2130359_n.jpg

We don't want that happening, do we?

My Trade Thread: http://forum.dueling...alex45s-trades/
I liek Shapesnatch.
Posted Image
Props to danna45 for the sig!

HappyTheCatSky

HappyTheCatSky

Natus Vincere

• 800 posts
    • Time Online: 82d 1m 46s
  • Twitter:who the hell uses that anyway
  • Team:Suibot Fan Club

The thing that needs to be done is the spells getting limited. Most people I ask think that relimiting Sarco is a good idea, Super Rejuv also desperately needs a hit to 1, it would also be a Deep Dragon Draw Exodia hit, and finally, Sacred Sword to 1. Hit those and they've just lost a total of 5-6 maindecked cards, in that, they'll be forced to main 3 Upstart Goblin and whatever else. Hitting Dracosack is unfair for Mecha Phantom Beasts, the intended deck for it. However, limiting Dracosack would not be enough, you'd also have to limit Big Eye, but that would make the deck in total virtually unplayable...but then again...

181196_257630334379781_2130359_n.jpg

We don't want that happening, do we?

Id agree that limiting sarc and reju would be nice,but people play 1 seven star anyway because its cloggy so no need for hiting it..

Also lol what who cares about hiting drago being unfair for phantom beasts,i want this deck to die so ban it please

The thing is just the definition of the term power creep.

ssgKajs.gif

Another Huang bites the dust!

sfc aka infernityes enthusiasts

RIP BEAR WITH CHAINSAW 2013-2013

notcleverusername

notcleverusername

Greyscale Bonfire

• 2,489 posts
    • Time Online: 39d 4h 23m 12s
  • Team:Suibon Fan Club

The thing is just the definition of the term power creep.

Perhaps "power blast-off-a-cliff-in-your-rocket-powered-motorcycle-screaming-heavy-metal-songs" would be a better fit. I don't think any deck had been close enough to this level of power previously to call it "creep" :P

KaousFaustXIII

KaousFaustXIII

Veteran Member

• 456 posts
    • Time Online: 22d 20h 32m 48s

How about limit the big ones and leave the chibis? 4 cards on list doesn't feel weird, and probably that for the moment and next cards to follow on the 2014 banlist, just like what they do with the windups

Posted Image

Danny_Knight

Danny_Knight

The Scribe

• Veteran Members
  • 1,403 posts
    • Time Online: 53d 17h 54m 5s
  • Team:Free Agent
Meh, I've stressed this point b4 too; e-drags r extremely hard 2 hit cuz' they don't have 1 of 2 specific key cards: all of the dragons make up the problem. Yes, the idea way 2 hit them would be to semi the big dragons and limit the chibis. The big dragons support other decks too so limiting them or outright forbidding them would damage other decks that benefit from them. Also hitting the spells isn't too effective either; rejuv wasn't played that much b4 e-drags 4 a reason, yet hitting it would also hurt every other dragon deck that benefits from it. Same goes 4 sarco and star sword isn't even broken or used much in e-drags.
2usg9cj.jpg

e376066a487111e3836b22000aeb0d60_5.jpg

P5zguhu.jpg?1

^Creds to Bryan Lutra

Dart Feld

Dart Feld

War God Overlord

• Veteran Members
  • 1,157 posts
    • Time Online: 102d 20h 49m 39s
  • Team:[BoB] Band of Brothers

All Chibis to 1 (or to 0 for what I care), the Chibis are the ones that completely blasted out E-Dragons and made their restriction of only 1 effect of each dragon per turn meaningless (because you can abuse those effects AND gain field presence at the same time thanks to the Chibis). Super Rejuvenation can also get hit, it's design was pretty questionable already.

Messier_7.pngWar_God_Emperor_Susanoo.png

Constellar Ptolemy M7           Bujintei - Susano'o

lolnopound1

lolnopound1

Elite Member

• Banned
  • 3,682 posts

I see Konami hitting Rejuvenation since it only sees play in degenerative decks.

notcleverusername

notcleverusername

Greyscale Bonfire

• 2,489 posts

I see Konami hitting Rejuvenation since it only sees play in degenerative decks.

Are Hieratics really that bad? ._.

lolnopound1

lolnopound1

Elite Member

• Banned
  • 3,682 posts

Are Hieratics really that bad? ._.

Since when do they play it? .-.

notcleverusername

notcleverusername

Greyscale Bonfire

• 2,489 posts

Since when do they play it? .-.

Considering that they're not exactly a competitive deck, they can afford to run weird techs like that. Might as well get some draws after Tributing all your stuff.

JS16

JS16

• 31 posts
    • Time Online: 3d 15h 5m 6s

-Limit the 4 adult dragons. Keep the 4 baby dragons unlimited

This isn't that bad, but what'll hurt more is if:

-Limit Dracossack

-Ban/(maybe Limit) Big Eye

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to the Dueling Network Forums!

To sign in, use your duelingnetwork.com account. If you do not have one, register here.