[SC] Bujin Emperor - Kagutsuchi

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

! Juha Bach !

! Juha Bach !

Veteran Member

• 342 posts
    • Time Online: 5d 10h 16m 18s

300px-BujinEmperorKagutsuchi-SHSP-JP-OP.

From Yu-Gi-Oh! Wikia Bujin Emperor - Kagutsuchi - Yu-Gi-Oh! - Yu-Gi-Oh! - Wikia

Level 4 Beast-Warrior-Type monsters
When this card is Xyz SummonedSend the top 5 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard; this card gains 100 ATK for each "Bujin" card sent to the Graveyard to activate this effect. If a Beast-Warrior-Type "Bujin" monster(s) you control would be destroyed by battle or by a card effect, you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card instead of destroying 1 of those monsters.

This is probably the best of the Bujin support, first to the searchable but situational cold wave and Mikazuchi, but I feel like this was made more for lightsworns. (It takes 2 wulf, or a wulf and a splashable beast-warrior.)

The destruction effect can be used with both. (Judgment dragon can blow up without worry) It can possibly mill all of your hetsukas and murakumos for +. (Happily sends necro gardna, gives extra lights in grave by the truckload)

HyperJYGBSP

HyperJYGBSP

The Galaxy's Honourable Infinity Blaze Galaxy Wizard Marshal

• 3,054 posts
    • Time Online: 120d 10h 6m 12s
  • Facebook:Hyper Cute
  • Twitter:Hyper Adorable
  • Youtube:HyperJYGBSP
  • Team:[DLLR] Team D.O.L.L.A.R.S's Quad Wielding Yoshi (Heh)(And NEVER CALL ME HYPER)
  • Location:Singapore - Twilight Of The Gods(Kamigami)[UTC + 8]

Interesting though, very interesting(funny how more light support in a DARK pack)

While it's other effects are a bit eh, it's really interesting to see more milling cards(though pity the S/T milled and what not)

Has some relatively nice stats though, pity it doesn't have any offensive effect on the lines of Bujin Arm or something

Well it depends on the other Bujins as well, as well as how to mix them together

chaos.knight199

chaos.knight199

Instalok ADC

• Super Moderator
  • 5,488 posts
    • Time Online: 193d 21h 47m 14s
  • Youtube:TheChaosknight199
  • Team:[AZ] Aldnoah Zero
  • Steam:LoL: PM me
In the worst situation he would have 2500 attack already. Plus, he's like a Maestroke/Zenmaines/Gachi for Bujin monsters and the only effective ways of dealing with him would be Compulsory Evacuation Device, Fiendish Chain, Dimensional Prison, and Breakthrough Skill. I see this card as some solid support for Bujin and provides more beatdown and protection while having a chance to set up your graveyard. But in all honesty, Bujin will not work well with Lightsworns because you need to get your Beast-Warriors and hand traps to your hand instead of the graveyard.

Most Helpful Forum Staff Member 2013 - Thanks for all of your support!

Super Moderator | War Adjudicator | In-Game Administrator | Ban Appeal and Abuse Report Handler

--------------->[AZ] Aldnoah Zero<---------------

lulufinalcopy_zpsb721f3b4.png

Extra Sigs

"Dare to reach out your hand into the darkness, to pull another hand into the light." ~Norman B. Rice

DMaster2

DMaster2

Elite Member

• Veteran Members
  • 6,892 posts
    • Time Online: 135d 19h 51m 14s

Bujins want a controlled mill, not a random top 5 mill. Meh card, Susano'o is still the number 1 target as xyz.

Bring Heavy Storm back TCG!

Many archetypes deserve more support -> http://forum.dueling...ng-2013-update/

My Elemental Spirit archetype (from nwn2) -> http://forum.dueling...ting-archetype/

! Juha Bach !

! Juha Bach !

Veteran Member

• 342 posts

In the worst situation he would have 2500 attack already. Plus, he's like a Maestroke/Zenmaines/Gachi for Bujin monsters and the only effective ways of dealing with him would be Compulsory Evacuation Device, Fiendish Chain, Dimensional Prison, and Breakthrough Skill. I see this card as some solid support for Bujin and provides more beatdown and protection while having a chance to set up your graveyard. But in all honesty, Bujin will not work well with Lightsworns because you need to get your Beast-Warriors and hand traps to your hand instead of the graveyard.

I'm not saying bujin will be mixed with lightsworn. (that would be inconsistent) Wulf specialed by his own effect and a gene-warped rabbit build are what I'm thinking would get this out.

Dart Feld

Dart Feld

War God Overlord

• Veteran Members
  • 1,155 posts
    • Time Online: 102d 20h 49m 39s
  • Team:[BoB] Band of Brothers

I don't see this as a good Bujin support, in fact... it's pretty bad because it's not a support at all.

The actual Yamato build is a control build with low monster count, this was rather made for a build on his own, Yamato and Susano'o fetch Relics searching them; this, instead, works more with a reckless engine (mill) and in Decks loaded with monsters to make sure that the mill does not kill you (and you can always end up killing yourself, you never know what you would mill).

It's better to hold Yamato on the field while he thins the Deck and fetch Relics, and if you can Xyz, Susano'o is the better choice, the protection job goes for Hetsuka and the Forbidden cards.

Edited by Dart Feld, 19 May 2013 - 11:32 AM.

Messier_7.pngWar_God_Emperor_Susanoo.png

Constellar Ptolemy M7           Bujintei - Susano'o

chaos.knight199

chaos.knight199

Instalok ADC

• Super Moderator
  • 5,488 posts

I'm not saying bujin will be mixed with lightsworn. (that would be inconsistent) Wulf specialed by his own effect and a gene-warped rabbit build are what I'm thinking would get this out.

Thing is, Wulf should not be added to Bujin at all. He is a completely dead card if you draw it and the only place where he can be useful is where you run a Lightsworn engine.
Gene-Warped Rabbit could be pretty nice though, as it adds yet another layer of beatdown power for the deck and allows easier access to Tiger King along with Kagutsuchi as well. Make your play depending on the situation.

Super Moderator | War Adjudicator | In-Game Administrator | Ban Appeal and Abuse Report Handler

Extra Sigs

"Dare to reach out your hand into the darkness, to pull another hand into the light." ~Norman B. Rice

! Juha Bach !

! Juha Bach !

Veteran Member

• 342 posts

Thing is, Wulf should not be added to Bujin at all. He is a completely dead card if you draw it and the only place where he can be useful is where you run a Lightsworn engine.

What I'm saying is kagetsuchi can be played in a lightsworn deck by itself, without the need of other bujins. Pure lightsworns can manipulate wulf in hand with solar recharge and lumina.

chaos.knight199

chaos.knight199

Instalok ADC

• Super Moderator
  • 5,488 posts

What I'm saying is kagetsuchi can be played in a lightsworn deck by itself, without the need of other bujins. Pure lightsworns can manipulate wulf in hand with solar recharge and lumina.

Ah, I see. Then that's a brilliant idea. However, keep in mind that Lightsworns only have Wulf as a Level 4 Beast-Warrior (unless you plan to tech in other Level 4 Beast-Warriors), so you're not going to pulling out this card consistently enough.

Extra Sigs

Ratskin

Ratskin

DNF's ex-resident a-hole

• Veteran Members
  • 2,845 posts
    • Time Online: 154d 9h 7m 12s

I don't see this as a good Bujin support, in fact... it's pretty bad because it's not a support at all.

The actual Yamato build is a control build with low monster count, this was rather made for a build on his own, Yamato and Susano'o fetch Relics searching them; this, instead, works more with a reckless engine (mill) and in Decks loaded with monsters to make sure that the mill does not kill you (and you can always end up killing yourself, you never know what you would mill).

It's better to hold Yamato on the field while he thins the Deck and fetch Relics, and if you can Xyz, Susano'o is the better choice, the protection job goes for Hetsuka and the Forbidden cards.

No, this is an amazing support card.

Whilst yes, the mill seems counter productive, and Yamato will always be the heart of the deck, no matter what the build is, the reason this is amazing is simply: It's a Maestroke in a War God deck. The amount of protection we already have, this becomes damn near unkillable.

You should still be sitting on Yamato till you've won, but this gives the deck a much better fallback. Hell, you are more likely to make this in a match than you are to make Sussano, because you can use Bear as well.

It also probably didn't occur to you that you could just thin out Habakiri, and then make this. Not to mention with the new Beast Warrior thinning spells as well, the mill 5 isn't as bad as it appears.

The reason why Sussano is worse, is because it's protection only lasts as long as you've already set up the grave, this can survive independent.

Course with the new support, you're even less likely to Xyz than before. Because now two thirds of the deck can be searched. (Exaggeration yes but it's still shocking O.o)

2r68WSt.png

The Joker will Lock all....

Thanks to someone from CGC.

ShiningEmperorHope

ShiningEmperorHope

Elite Member

• Veteran Members
  • 3,185 posts
    • Time Online: 127d 17h 41m 10s
Requiring Beast-Warriors instead of simply War Gods like Susano'o will be pretty awkward. Milling top 5 cards of the deck is a big gamble for current War God builds compared to Susano'o's and Yamato's more selective method of sending what you want to the grave. Was hoping for a faster method of setting up along with more Vessels and S/T support to strengthen the deck's shortcomings, but Konami can't seem to do much to please me nowadays. They can't seem to decide whether to go with what they orginally were and build up on it, or make them Lightsworn 2.0. The fact that most of the new Vessels are pretty underwhelming too doesn't help much either.

http://i.imgur.com/EICTRec.png

Thanks DtHadouken for this awesome sig!

Dart Feld

Dart Feld

War God Overlord

• Veteran Members
  • 1,155 posts
    • Time Online: 102d 20h 49m 39s
  • Team:[BoB] Band of Brothers

No, this is an amazing support card.

Whilst yes, the mill seems counter productive, and Yamato will always be the heart of the deck, no matter what the build is, the reason this is amazing is simply: It's a Maestroke in a War God deck. The amount of protection we already have, this becomes damn near unkillable.

You should still be sitting on Yamato till you've won, but this gives the deck a much better fallback. Hell, you are more likely to make this in a match than you are to make Sussano, because you can use Bear as well.

It also probably didn't occur to you that you could just thin out Habakiri, and then make this. Not to mention with the new Beast Warrior thinning spells as well, the mill 5 isn't as bad as it appears.

The reason why Sussano is worse, is because it's protection only lasts as long as you've already set up the grave, this can survive independent.

Course with the new support, you're even less likely to Xyz than before. Because now two thirds of the deck can be searched. (Exaggeration yes but it's still shocking O.o)

Do you have something against Susano'o?, every time you post about War God you flame him like he was terrible.

Sorry, but I don't see why this card is so great, the first leaked Ohabari was a great idea for protection, not this. Working with mill engines is inconsistent does not matter how you look at it, I don't want to mill Tenkis, Honest or Habakiris for a protection that, frankly, is far from amazing, I don't want to "Xyz to protect", I want a card to "protect my Xyz". But whatever, I'm pretty biased towards mill like you're towards Susnao'o usefulness, I HATE working with inconsistent engines and Decks that can get away with that like Chaos Dragons.

This card is more for it's own build and maybe in that would be amazing, but I'll pass on considering this a key piece for my Yamato/Susano'o build.

Edited by Dart Feld, 19 May 2013 - 03:04 PM.

Messier_7.pngWar_God_Emperor_Susanoo.png

Constellar Ptolemy M7           Bujintei - Susano'o

kpnut

kpnut

the Cry of the Wind

• Veteran Members
  • 2,878 posts
    • Time Online: 302d 5h 15m 12s

I'm going to have to agree with Dart Feld on this one, that mill is just too unappealing for me to even consider using Kagutsuchi in my Bujin deck.

Ratskin

Ratskin

DNF's ex-resident a-hole

• Veteran Members
  • 2,845 posts
    • Time Online: 154d 9h 7m 12s

Do you have something against Susano'o?, every time you post about War God you flame him like he was terrible.

Sorry, but I don't see why this card is so great, the first leaked Ohabari was a great idea for protection, not this. Working with mill engines is inconsistent does not matter how you look at it, I don't want to mill Tenkis, Honest or Habakiris for a protection that, frankly, is far from amazing, I don't want to "Xyz to protect", I want a card to "protect my Xyz". But whatever, I'm pretty biased towards mill like you're towards Susnao'o usefulness, I HATE working with inconsistent engines and Decks that can get away with that like Chaos Dragons.

This card is more for it's own build and maybe in that would be amazing, but I'll pass on considering this a key piece for my Yamato/Susano'o build, even if its easier to summon.

I have nothing against Sussano'o, he's cool, and looks amazing. It's just he's win moar 90% of the time from my testing.

And the reason that this is amazing IMO, isn't because the protection is amazing, it's because it's built into itself. Coupled with the rest of the cards you have to protect it, it makes this thing damn near invincible. Which means it's actually worth going into more often than Sussano.

How is Ohabari, the guy who gives piercing protection? Or do you mean Yata, the horrid attack negator?

I guess we will disagree. I personally don't view the mill as such a bad thing, just because whilst yes you could mill out a lot of important stuff, it's not going to kill the deck.

And Yamato is always going to be the heart of any varient of War Gods. None of the new support changes how vital it is, it just means the deck has more options beyond protect Yamato and lose. Mostly because the new Beast-Warrior is just amazing.

2r68WSt.png

The Joker will Lock all....

Thanks to someone from CGC.

Geminia999

Geminia999

Ocean Dragon Lord

• Veteran Members
  • 6,216 posts
    • Time Online: 291d 17h 32m 33s
  • Team:Who needs one

Well, you could discard a drawn wulf with Yamato's eff technically, just saying >_>

DbOfRaW.jpg

Bleaknight

Bleaknight

In-Game Administrator

• In-Game Administrator
  • 909 posts
    • Time Online: 141d 3h 7s

While I like Mikazuchi, I expected it to be a bit different. Mainly, I dislike its mill effect - I disapprove of anything that makes the game even slightly more luck-oriented. I'd be happier with a "when this card is special summoned: mill 1 bujin", rather.

Still, its protection effect is sexy.

Take a look at my custom created archetypes -
Ambush Tribe / Riposte / Variabili / Full Defense / Desertic / Strife / Dwarves/ Retribution / Hellspawn / Seraph / Vagrant Gliders

Joerachi

Joerachi

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • 616 posts
    • Time Online: 83d 7h 43m 56s

guuuuys aurkus is a beast warrior

the lightrays are a thousand times better than dragon rulers

F1shies

F1shies

Veteran Member

• 308 posts
    • Time Online: 34d 21h 36m 8s

For oldschool Yamato Bujins, which is the most properly playable variant at the moment, Susa is still superior. One thing is him being a reliable Rise target. Sure, the protection is nice, but in many situations I'd just as well like to have Susa fetch some Relics. Also, the requirements for this one are kind of awkward: you'd need either Mika and Yama, which are  too tough together to be worth spending on a single Xyz (provided Mika gets some better targets, because it's sort of mediocre at the moment), or one of those and Bear, which is all in all a pretty heavy setup to spend on a decorative Maestroke that'll also mill a bunch of your Habakiris and backrows. Actually, you're usually best off not using your BWs (and definitely not two of them) on an Xyz.

All in all, this guy isn't really Bujin support: he's chaos/LS Bujin hybrid support, which kind of annoys me. Oh well, I hope some new S/T is revealed that makes Mika more playable, or we just get some proper additions to the deck in later packs.

guuuuys aurkus is a beast warrior

Sure he is, but he's not level 4.

Edited by F1shies, 19 May 2013 - 03:01 PM.

Found in a Destiny Board deck thread:

The D is your win condition

notcleverusername

notcleverusername

Greyscale Bonfire

• Veteran Members
  • 2,824 posts
    • Time Online: 48d 3h 39m 52s
  • Team:Suibon Fan Club

I dunno, this guy seems more turbo-oriented than the original control theme of Bujin. I suppose it is just the mill making me say that, but the fact that it's an XYZ that mills contributes. It seems more like a card you want to pump out multiples of for massive damage than part of the grind game.

Disclaimer: My strategies aren't good, they're just amusing.

Bleaknight

Bleaknight

In-Game Administrator

• In-Game Administrator
  • 909 posts
    • Time Online: 141d 3h 7s

You're probably better off keeping Yamato and Mikazuchi on the field simultaneously for a turn or two then Xyzing into this guy rather than right away. Its requirements let me down about it probably even more than the mill. If it didn't have such an awesome continuous effect I'd rarely ever summon it.

Take a look at my custom created archetypes -
Ambush Tribe / Riposte / Variabili / Full Defense / Desertic / Strife / Dwarves/ Retribution / Hellspawn / Seraph / Vagrant Gliders

telvin1234

telvin1234

Elite Member

• Veteran Members
  • 1,272 posts
    • Time Online: 163d 9h 12m 10s
It's like this...

To fully utilize this card, you need to run a monster-heavy deck, but in exchange, you won't be able to run as much spells or traps, and traps are the one thing (i.e. Vanity's Emptiness) that makes this deck able to stand a chance against stuff like Dragon Rulers and Prophecy.

And if you put it in the normal build, you'll most likely mill a trap or 2, which isn't the most optimal thing in the world.

But, I'd still run 1 copy, simply because that Maestroke protection, coupled with all of the Relics, really does make it hard to topple. In any case, it's a hella lot better than a lot of the XYZs you're running in your deck anyhow.

thepigknight

thepigknight

• 43 posts
    • Time Online: 5d 8h 36m 36s
He's a rabbit target getting you that beast-warrior bujin.

taproot

taproot

Dudley Emperor

• Veteran Members
  • 2,611 posts
    • Time Online: 45d 4h 40m 6s
  • Team:Team Elemental Mistress

This guy is ... a tad odd to be honest.

I see what they were trying to do with this guy.  Use Mikazuchi's effect after Kagutsuchi uses his to fetch Armament to fetch desirable Relics from the grave, while keeping the grave relics put.  I can respect that.  However, his gimmick is a bit clunky, and you don't really capitalize off the first effect without Mikazuchi.  The second effect is good, but Susanno'o could pretty much protect himself already.  It doesn't help matters that you can't assemble him without using Yamato, Mikazuchi, and Brotherhood of the Fire Fist - Bear, 2 of which have to be the only copy on the field.

Dush

Dush

• 156 posts
    • Time Online: 5d 4h 14m 30s

Awesome art- and just awesome support for an archetype I think is going to become very threatening...

Masteryder

Masteryder

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • 652 posts
    • Time Online: 33d 23h 46m 38s
  • Facebook:masteryder
  • Twitter:masteryder
  • Youtube:mrmasteryder
  • Team:Stardust Academy

it also sends your murakumos to the grave and it is a 2500 - 3000 beater with 3 lives

neucdu.jpg

tumblr_mqgdla21Xw1squmrro1_400.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome to the Dueling Network Forums!

To sign in, use your duelingnetwork.com account. If you do not have one, register here.